As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I love BotBots, but haven't bought a bunch of them. Saw they are doing a Series 2 and 3, and have to pick up the holiday ones.

Oh, did you see that the "Cow" Master is up on Amazon?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5QSC7W/

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    edited February 2019
    Wow, that is... A marvel of Engineering! Dangit, now I need to know more about this thing.

I looked further down in his posts and saw a photo of him standing next to a 3P Mirage (I think that's a 3P right). So this guy is Masterpiece sized???

Edit: Yeah, I found out that he is MP sized. Also found more photos of this.
    https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/mmc-ox-assaultus.1124029/page-71#post-16616179

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I don't know much about him. Maybe the most important thing that I am unsure of is the cost.

Edit: according to the thread betsuni posted looks like $100 US

WingedWeasel on
    Yikes. That would make the full combiner around $500 at least (probably more for Onslaught). Guess that fits for the cost of that size though.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited February 2019
    That's about par for 3p combiners I think

WingedWeasel on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah that’s pretty standard pricing. I’m guessing Notslaught will probably be $150 to $200

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Yeah that's standard pricing until you get it for half that for the whole thing a coupe years later.

Schide wrote: »
    Yeah that's standard pricing until you get it for half that for the whole thing a coupe years later.

i haven't followed the secondary market for 3P stuff. does it usually go on deep discount like that? i know for a while "everyone" was selling off one combiner to acquire the next when it seemed as though everyone and their grandmother was maknig a devastator. is that still the case?

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBMnEanPlg

Early production sample looks neat for transformation and combining, but the actual figure looks a bit too wobbly and not secure

Anyway, I heard back from TFSource and they're basically leaving Australian Customers to pay the tax themselves somehow, instead of integrating it into the check out like every other online store.

So fuck them, I'll be buying my toys elsewhere.

That place is once again OhMyPrimus. It may take longer for them to get their items in stock, but the Singaport dollar is close enough to the AUD that's the savings are worth it.

Still waiting for MMC Azalea to get it stock though. Seems like everyone has one expect me

After ordering Habro Siege Jetfire and Omega Supreme from them I cancelled my Jetfire pre-order from HLJ, but it was simply too much. I could have also cancelled MP Bumblebee 2.0 but I prefer to get my MPs from them.

Plus didn't want to rattle the hornets nest too much, as I still have 11 other pre-orders with them orders\

EDIT!
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Lesson learned: Try to avoid buying Macross DX Chogokin and Soul of Chogokin figures

vbFJijx.jpg?1

TMT5st3.jpg

...FUCK!

Not even 28 days since I said that and Bandai tempts me with SOC Vehicle Voltron

I can't afford another SOC. I just can't.

I can barely afford my current Pre-orders. Especially with all the new MP Transformers that are going to come out.

If the AUD to YEN wasn't so shit right now and MP Optimus v3 wasn't so expensive I might be able to consider it.

I also still need to buy PC parts this year and maybe even a workstation and Monitor.

Fuck this plastic crack hobby is cruel :lol:

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Yeah I forgot to post that SoC is bringing out the Vehicle Voltron as well as rereleasing Lion Voltron.

I'm so jazzed and scared that 2019 will be really expensive. Siege line for Transformers launching a bunch of them that I always wanted, MP Wheeljack+, MP Bluestreak, MP Optimus Prime v3, MP Bumblebee v2, MP Hound (probably not), and Lego like usual (most likely Star Wars Ep 9 stuff). I'm also hoping that they will release the DX VF-1J in a VF-1A version as well.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Sorry y'all, but I had to show that to someone within 7 days otherwise Mr. Potatohead's mouth was going to come out of my screen and eat me.

Sorry y'all, but I had to show that to someone within 7 days otherwise Mr. Potatohead's mouth was going to come out of my screen and eat me.

what

have

you

done

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    All I can think of:
    588thci01ka6.gif

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    What the heck???
    For both of those!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Ok, so to cleanse the thread I saw the rumor of a Leader Class Astrotrain for the Siege line as well as Apeface!!! I'm so hoping for Apeface (and hopefully Snapdragon). If that happens, man 2019 is going to be insanely expensive for me.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I have the other recent astrotrain and while I find his wingtip shoes hilarious I could go for a new one

I have the other recent astrotrain and while I find his wingtip shoes hilarious I could go for a new one

I agree on his wingtip shoes, plus if they redo his train mode I'm definitely in on the Siege version.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'm gonna need to find details on that Astrotrain as soon as they surface. I wasn't huge on the TR/Legends Astrotrain because it was literally just a lazy recolor of Sentinel Prime, but if it's going to be its own thing this time around I need to see what it will be. DX-9 is probably still my favorite take on Astrotrain so far, even if it does take like 20 minutes and absolutely requires the manual to successfully transform.

tfwiki currently lists a "Vintage G1" Astrotrain coming out in 2020 as a Wal-Mart Exclusive figure. I don't know if that's referring to the same thing, but that also sounds interesting.

Donnicton wrote: »
    I'm gonna need to find details on that Astrotrain as soon as they surface. I wasn't huge on the TR/Legends Astrotrain because it was literally just a lazy recolor of Sentinel Prime, but if it's going to be its own thing this time around I need to see what it will be. DX-9 is probably still my favorite take on Astrotrain so far, even if it does take like 20 minutes and absolutely requires the manual to successfully transform.

tfwiki currently lists a "Vintage G1" Astrotrain coming out in 2020 as a Wal-Mart Exclusive figure. I don't know if that's referring to the same thing, but that also sounds interesting.

Nope these are going to be two different things. The sale page that people got the leaked info states that it is a Leader Class. So hopefully there will be more news as it comes out.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Vintage G1 is a G1 reissue line, isn't it? Like the old 80's toys.

edited February 2019
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ok, so to cleanse the thread I saw the rumor of a Leader Class Astrotrain for the Siege line as well as Apeface!!! I'm so hoping for Apeface (and hopefully Snapdragon). If that happens, man 2019 is going to be insanely expensive for me.

A proper Apeface and Snapdragon are my dream. I love the little 3rd party dudes I have from UT, but I want some big guys, and I'm not too fond of KFC's offerings
    the red egg face is from Berserk

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Looks like Vintage G1 figures of some other ones already exist at Wal-Mart.

If Hot Rod and this freak show(edit: oh god) are anything to go by, we're probably looking at the return of ol' stumpy.

robotmode.jpg

Donnicton on
    edited February 2019
    Vintage G1 is a G1 reissue line, isn't it? Like the old 80's toys.

Yep it is the G1 version. No clue if it will be a white one or the old school purple one. Either way it'll be better than the orange one.

Also the G1 Astrotrain was the results of a vote contest on which one should be next. He was up against Skywarp, Perceptor, and Thundercracker). Plus this is for Spring 2020 Walmart Exclusive.

A proper Apeface and Snapdragon are my dream. I love the little 3rd party dudes I have from UT, but I want some big guys, and I'm not too fond of KFC's offerings
    the red egg face is from Berserk

Yeah I bought the little apeface to tide me over since I couldn't stand having the Titan Master version only.
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Looks like Vintage G1 figures of some other ones already exist at Wal-Mart.

If Hot Rod and this freak show(edit: oh god) are anything to go by, we're probably looking at the return of ol' stumpy.

robotmode.jpg

I guess you missed out on the G1 rereleases fiasco. Walmart had Starscream, Devastator, Hot Rod and 4 minibots (Bumblebee, Outback, Swerve and Tailgate). They then released Optimus Prime without his trailer.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Vintage-G1-Optimus-Prime-Collectible-Figure/210385764

Soon (or out now, but some think it was a leak) are Minibots Warpath and Gears. Also Soundwave (and Buzzsaw) and cassettes separately (Frenzy, Rumble, Laserbeak and Ravage).

Edit: Added in more info about Astrotrain and the rest of the Walmart G1 releases.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Gamestop is having a sale, and Ectotron is $37.49 right now

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Hasbro+Transformers,28zu0

edited February 2019
    Gamestop is having a sale, and Ectotron is $37.49 right now

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Hasbro+Transformers,28zu0

Weird, it is showing $49.99 in the cart... wonder if I have to check out to get the discount.

Edit: Dangit, guess the sale is done.

Edit 2: Hmm, I think that was an error. The other Transformers in your link show up at a discount.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    It’s definitely not showing up for sale for me now.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Is TFSource safe to buy from? I seem to recall reading something in the last couple of months that cast them in a bad light - either some security leak, or shady business practices, or something - but I can't remember what it is. Am I making this up? Are they on the up-and-up?

MakeToys Guardia will apparently be re-released at the end of the year, and I am very excited about that because that's my white whale of 3rd party toys. I'd rather get it from BBTS, because I feel like that's the biggest, most reliable, most reputable online toy store (and because I've bought from them a bunch of times with no issues), but TFSource has the set for $30 less.

They’re apparently not very secure with payment details, people’s card info has been jacked a few times it seems

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Oh, right, that's it!

That's... probably worth a $30 peace-of-mind fee. Thanks!

Delduwath on
    Also, let me just say that I am very into Bandai releasing mini-pla kits of all these old combiners. I always lusted after the various Megazords as a kid, but couldn't afford them. Now, at least, I can get pretty decent (although imperfect) emulations in the form of these mini-pla kits.

Gridman, as well.

Delduwath wrote: »
    Is TFSource safe to buy from? I seem to recall reading something in the last couple of months that cast them in a bad light - either some security leak, or shady business practices, or something - but I can't remember what it is. Am I making this up? Are they on the up-and-up?

MakeToys Guardia will apparently be re-released at the end of the year, and I am very excited about that because that's my white whale of 3rd party toys. I'd rather get it from BBTS, because I feel like that's the biggest, most reliable, most reputable online toy store (and because I've bought from them a bunch of times with no issues), but TFSource has the set for $30 less.

It is safe to use PayPal through them, that is if you want to save the $30.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I read that the Chosen Prime is also a good site to order from. They have your bot(s) for the same price as TF Source. Not sure how much their shipping is.
    https://www.thechosenprime.com/MakeToysGuardia

oosik_betsuni.png
    Ok. So I'm triple posting here, but I had to bring this to someone else's attention. Seems that either Hasbro had their prototype photos up for the Ectotron early on since there are now different photos in their posting. This time Slimer isn't clear, Ectotron's leg gaps are filled in, he now has a heel, and the blue for the cabling/tubes is a lighter shade now. Guessing this one is the actual production model, which sort of bums me out a bit since I managed to get one at $39.99 before they matched the GameStop price.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/transformers/products/transformers-generations-collaborative-ghostbusters-mash-up-ecto-1-ectotron

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    At least they're carrying it again, and even though I've never used hasbropulse before, I kinda trust them more than Gamestop already.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Apparently since I ordered Electron before the 26th I got a free Pulse prime membership for the rest of the year, which gives various perks.

So that's nice.

In my never ending quest to make a decent diorama I started doing some papercraft. Had been turning out hallway decent but I just haven't had time to really work on e much.

Then I saw these

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/89591

I think the scifi one is too busy for my tastes but the sewer one seems like it'd be pretty good.

Well... The mad scramble is beginning.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/special/?page=FIGURE-046748

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Well... The mad scramble is beginning.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/special/?page=FIGURE-046748

SOC Lion Voltron is really fucking good and a figure I highly recommend buying if you haven't already.

Just be sure to lock the sliding tabs on the shoulder so they don't move around. I remember seeing so maybe youtube reviewers complain without following the instructions properly.

Granted the sliding tabs are a real bitch to move the first time around.

Also be sure to remove the arm lions tails before combining. There's no instances of the tails breaking but why risk damaging parts of an expensive figure when you can potentially avoid it?

Also also the arms do have a 90 degree bend. You just need to extend the arms so the extra joint becomes usable.
    Here are my previous post regarding the figure for reference.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/36748993/#Comment_36748993

Old pics but still relevant

42lPsni.jpg?1

sPRKCp7.jpg?1

kWS7ftb.jpg?1

zFtGb54.jpg?1

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Yikes. I didn't think this thing will be as hard to find as anything... Seems that AmiAmi, HLJ, and some others already are sold out of their pre-order. Amazon Japan never had it available for shipping to the US (making me think that Amazon USA will have it themselves).

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.