As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I've dropped about 2k lapis and 20 tickets and haven't seen an on banner unit yet. Either one of them would be fun to have.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I have no idea why, but I did a round on the current banner and wow what a bad idea. 10k lapis down and I didn't get a single rainbow and only 1 gold. Ugh what a waste.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I got plenty of the robot and the computer lady though

• tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I got one Ignacio on the step up, but that's worse then zero.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Woohoo! First rare from IW:
    ddhcxejz3wm7.jpeg

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That's hot.

Meanwhile I'll be over here with my high DEF rods and high MAG swords.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Just FYI don't close the app while in the last event stage.... When I started the game back up I lost all the complete missions and I didn't have any LB or esper gauge built up.

Shadowfire wrote: »
    That's hot.

Meanwhile I'll be over here with my high DEF rods and high MAG swords.

Except for Death Trap. That’s my high SPR sword.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I have rolled the rare mod on a couple of items this time around, but the other mods have been really low. Still overall better than the previous mods so I am happy.

It's not a rare enchant but I'll take it.

329xkmy8vwg5.jpg

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried to tackle the bonus stage yet?

The first fight is kicking my ass. I think I'll need to figure out a way to get the missions in 1 turn and then Raise that guy, because I won't survive even a single turn.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Yeah, the bonus stage is a fucking nightmare. Second fight has a snort mechanic that I didn't know about, so whoops there goes that run.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Got a rare on Masamune but not much else. I guess 12% SPR might be nice for later trials where you need to be less squishy.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    I still do a Masamune run every once in a while. 20+ runs by now. Still haven't gotten anything higher than 20% atk.

Wow if you guys are saying it's a nightmare I'm just going to save my energy and ignore it.

It's a nightmare to me because I'm not actually good at the game. I'm good at hoarding and I'm passable at pulling for meta units. That's how I play the game. By being at least 3x stronger than necessary to beat any given boss.

I'm sure it'll be fine when I actually look at the boss AI, going in blind was a mistake.

Terror Knight is a nightmare as usual, but that's because he was basically designed to be autokilled by Raise. His damage is bonkers, both physical and magical, and he'll dispel your tank before attacking.

TeaSpoon wrote: »
    It's a nightmare to me because I'm not actually good at the game. I'm good at hoarding and I'm passable at pulling for meta units. That's how I play the game. By being at least 3x stronger than necessary to beat any given boss.

Me either. I'm not patient enough with the game. If it was a console RPG I'd take it way more serious. But if it requires me to count turns and whatnot then I just won't do it. I usually do a turn or two, then look at something else or talk to my kids. When I look back down I don't even remember what I did the last turn.

urahonky wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Me either. I'm not patient enough with the game. If it was a console RPG I'd take it way more serious. But if it requires me to count turns and whatnot then I just won't do it. I usually do a turn or two, then look at something else or talk to my kids. When I look back down I don't even remember what I did the last turn.

This. 100 times this.

The game doesn’t give very many hints about what’s going on either. The health percentage and turn counter helped, but some visual cue as to the ability currently designated for use would allow reload to at least tell you what you just did.

• SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    I picked up both the robot and Wayhem. Both are 4*.

I got one of them in the daily discount pull.

And I got the login reward 5+1 today too. I'm a couple days behind I guess.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    The bonus stage can be done with a budget team so it should be doable by most everyone. I think the trick is dual tanks. A passive provoker and an AOE physical one.

Selner wrote: »
    I picked up both the robot and Wayhem. Both are 4*.

I got one of them in the daily discount pull.

And I got the login reward 5+1 today too. I'm a couple days behind I guess.

Ah, boo that means you might be a day behind the 5* ticket.

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Got the rare on Floor 1, then this was the best I could muster for the rest
    qkyu9weiu3bd.png

steam_sig.png
    Ugh that's exactly what happened to me. I ended up redoing it and ended up with more ATK without the rare lol. Seemed wrong to choose a non rare item world run over a rare.

I have had no noteworthy runs yet through IW, but that's mostly ok. Got a decent enough run on the CNY event staff. Have mostly been trying to upgrade my Wizard Rod+ and failing pretty spectacularly.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Since katanas are boosted, I've been running Masamune over and over and not having much luck with it. Mine is pretty good with 15% and 10% ATK as well as 5% HP, but just getting the rare and a 5% ATK would give me the same ATK bonus while also getting more HP. But that's only if IW wants to give me, and right now it doesn't.

JP side is getting a Xenogears rerun this week, will probably include enhancements so we'll know what to look forward to for the future of those units. We are due for a raid to start this week, so could we be getting Xeno as well? If so, are we ever gonna get SoM? And if so, will they buff Randi to a level where he's not automatically outclassed by the Xeno characters? Who knows!

I ran the first 7* step up. Rare that there is a banner with nothing I wouldn't mind. Prishe, the only one I didn't really want would still be a great TMR. The hope was a 4th Rem and/or Aileen for their awesome STMR's. Ended up with 2 Barbs and 1 FV. Not bad, Barb's STMR is pretty sweet and only 1 away from FV's STMR which is great heavy armor.

Going to wait till later in the week to see what the collab is before running the 2nd one. If it's Xenogears, I think I'll have to save the lapis.

If it is Xeno I'm probably gonna run through Ignacio's step-up. I've never played Xenogears and feel no need to chase them just for meta damage dealer reasons.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    This wave event thing is sapping all my energy. Not the ingame one, my RL one. I just want enough moogles to make one lucky ingot for my new Chow, but 500K raid coins later, I have 20%. Sure have a lot for the two new CNY 5* I don't have nor want, though.

Steam ID: Right here.
    If it follows the Japanese release schedule, this Xenogears will be the wrong one anyway, and I'll still have a month to save for Citan.

Drascin wrote: »
    This wave event thing is sapping all my energy. Not the ingame one, my RL one. I just want enough moogles to make one lucky ingot for my new Chow, but 500K raid coins later, I have 20%. Sure have a lot for the two new CNY 5* I don't have nor want, though.

yeah the wave event is the worst. For the first time in a long time i've had full energy and just let it sit.
    Cruor wrote: »
    If it is Xeno I'm probably gonna run through Ignacio's step-up. I've never played Xenogears and feel no need to chase them just for meta damage dealer reasons.

Xeno is still top 5 of all time for me. So even if there weren't meta, I'd chase them. The main issue is there are 3 5*'s and if GUMI doesn't bring the ticket system over, it's going to suck hard trying to get all of them at 7*. That's why part of me wants them to wait till next month for Xeno. Bring SOM back this month haha.

Man I'm not sure how to get through this second stage. If I gear for damage I get rocked when he uses his magic. If I gear for magic coverage I don't deal enough damage.

• MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    I have obtained the 30% hp rare effect on my Lilith tmr mace! Now it is time to sail into the West at last

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh my god, this game. I've pretty much ran every good weapon through the item world in previous months. This week is all about rerunning some of the shittier results. It's Monday and none of my runs have been worth keeping. Item world may as well not exist for me. Every month it's like swimming against the current.

I feel like Item World wouldn't be a such a horrible waste of time and effort if you could pick a stat to get a higher percentage of appearing. Or get an option to skip the RNG and just get 20% on a stat. The people who want something better can go through the RNG bullshit.

• lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or did the devs boost the difficulty on Item World? I used to clear it without any problems, but now my party is regularly wiping at stage 9.

• AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    I did full 15 runs and have not gotten one single rare this time around, which is really below the statistic probabilities. Trying so hard to get one rare on Folka's STMR staff is giving me some headaches. :(

Just keep at it. I'm sure it'll happen eventually! That's what I keep telling myself, anyway...

Cruor wrote: »
    Just keep at it. I'm sure it'll happen eventually! That's what I keep telling myself, anyway...

Yeah if you run 1 weapon the entire time, there's a really good chance of a rare.
    lodger wrote: »
    Is it just me, or did the devs boost the difficulty on Item World? I used to clear it without any problems, but now my party is regularly wiping at stage 9.

They boosted it after the first one. I've not noticed another spike.

Holy shit it happened....
    9syu1k1nybo8.png

This discussion has been closed.