As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    The hardest part about this season to hit fabled is you have to deal with Luna’s to hit it.

616610-1.png
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I thought doing Crimson Days all the way through was out of reach yesterday because you need 11 bounties done. Then I realized every character you have can each do the same bounties and that became the fastest goal. Now I've gotta grind out 16 games with at least 8 more wins in there...

No regrets on binging KH3 over the samey event though.

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Peen wrote: »
    skyknyt wrote: »
    if bungie is going to give out bullshit stuff like Not Forgotten then it should just be to everyone in the game and not the top tier pvp reward

They didn't exactly give it out, people worked their asses off for it. It sucks to play against but let's be honest, someone with a Not Forgotten is going to kick almost everyone's ass regardless of what gun they have.

I do think that there should be some kind of weapon with Magnificent Howl available via a more involved quest, like they did with Redrix, but I don't have a problem with Not Forgotten as a trophy.

I mean great, they worked their asses off, and now the rest of us have to put up with a class of folks with a strictly superior weapon in order to do anything in PVP. That's kind of fucked.

Adept weapons were trophies, they weren't strictly better, meta defining weapons.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    You're not wrong, I think it's annoying too, but I sympathize with those people in that there's almost no way to swing your big PvP dick around anymore. There's no flawless gear to show off, no fancy emblems, nothing really except the dope gun you got by being awesome and I can't be mad at them for using it.

I mean I've been clear that I think Bungie's doing the whole PvP scene dirty in Destiny and I think their numbers are going to go off a fucking cliff after that Trials announcement so PvP as a whole is going to be a mess.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Not to mention, Trials flawless stuff was attainable to even low- end PvPers if they got lucky enough for the matchmaker to slip them some easy wins. So you can get some endgame PvP gear without being the sweatiest in the world.

There's no way to accidentally luck into a 2100/5500 Rank in Comp. And much like how people feel about Luna, is how I feel about Not Forgotten; it's out of reach not because I haven't sunk enough time in, but because Bungie's largely arbitrary ranking system is really punishing and feels like a tug of war with a champion weight lifter. Any ground you make can be undone in one night.

Peen wrote: »
    if bungie is going to give out bullshit stuff like Not Forgotten then it should just be to everyone in the game and not the top tier pvp reward

They didn't exactly give it out, people worked their asses off for it. It sucks to play against but let's be honest, someone with a Not Forgotten is going to kick almost everyone's ass regardless of what gun they have.

I do think that there should be some kind of weapon with Magnificent Howl available via a more involved quest, like they did with Redrix, but I don't have a problem with Not Forgotten as a trophy.

I mean great, they worked their asses off, and now the rest of us have to put up with a class of folks with a strictly superior weapon in order to do anything in PVP. That's kind of fucked.

Adept weapons were trophies, they weren't strictly better, meta defining weapons.

High tier rewards for stuff like PvP should be exclusive ornaments/emotes/shaders/armor. They should absolutely NOT be weapons that are objectively the highest tier for PvP. Then the rich get richer and anyone else chasing that chase gets to play the best players who now ALSO have the best weapon. It's complete idiocy to do it this way. I'm more okay with Raid rewards making you have an easier time in the raid, because the computer does not have feelings that will be hurt when you beat it easier.

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    So is soloing the story on normal pretty viable? I'm thinking of doing all the missions solo the first time through so I catch all the dialogue and then opening up for grouping for later quickplay grinding.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah absolutely

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    I figure this might also help me figure out all the objectives in the missions. I had no real problems grouping in the demo, but occasionally someone would complete the objective before I had my bearings and I still had no real idea what to do in parts.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Let's see, story mission advice.

I'm really not recalling anything that can't be handled by being slow and methodical. Even at times when whoever is yelling you have to hurry, you don't have to hurry. It can be fun to just go through and get into it but if you run into difficulty, it might pay to remember that. Additionally, at times, like a lot of times, you can just keep running forward rather than killing all the mans. I think the killing mans in Destiny is rather fun but opinions vary.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    I figure this might also help me figure out all the objectives in the missions. I had no real problems grouping in the demo, but occasionally someone would complete the objective before I had my bearings and I still had no real idea what to do in parts.

Yeah at this point a lot of people are just plowing through the campaign to level a second or third character.

If you want to know what’s going on you’re best playing it by yourself. Which you shouldn’t need to grind for at all. Everything you get by the end of the story including DLC and Forsaken will get you comfortably to 500.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The campaign has no difficulty settings and is designed to be beatable by anyone. It's very easy if you are at all familiar with FPSing.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    8 out of my last 20 competitive games have been Countdown.

It ain't right.

edited February 2019
    LOL, meant to post that in the Anthem thread. Very sorry. I finished Destiny 2's story a while ago. This is what I get for thread hopping.

(I lurk here to keep up on latest developments. I don't play much, but am still partially invested in Destiny. May pick it back up again at some point).

soylenth on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Man, I am rocking these doubles matches with jotunn. Turns out what amounts to a tracking rocket launcher that uses special ammo is really effective when you're only dealing with two people.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    soylenth wrote: »
    LOL, meant to post that in the Anthem thread. Very sorry. I finished Destiny 2's story a while ago. This is what I get for thread hopping.

(I lurk here to keep up on latest developments. I don't play much, but am still partially invested in Destiny. May pick it back up again at some point).

My answer still stands!

I honestly kinda figured that’s what happened

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited February 2019
    Great success tonight. We actually ended up getting 3 or 4 extra victories on our way to 22 matches. Chocolate shell (and first Crucible portion of The Last Word) get. Unfortunately, although I did kill both people on the enemy team at once with Two Tailed Fox at one point, it somehow didn't give me the triumph. One of them was marked as an explosive kill and the other wasn't, so maybe they fragged themselves with their own grenade or something? Felt really unfair...

I was also able to get the last two Variks lore cards from the Shore and randomly was given the last Eva Levante card. Which... isn't the last Eva card? It didn't trigger the "get all the Eva lore cards" triumph or end the story of them at any rate.

shoeboxjeddy on
    Great success tonight. We actually ended up getting 3 or 4 extra victories on our way to 22 wins. Chocolate shell (and first Crucible portion of The Last Word) get. Unfortunately, although I did kill both people on the enemy team at once with Two Tailed Fox at one point, it somehow didn't give me the triumph. One of them was marked as an explosive kill and the other wasn't, so maybe they fragged themselves with their own grenade or something? Felt really unfair...

I was also able to get the last two Variks lore cards from the Shore and randomly was given the last Eva Levante card. Which... isn't the last Eva card? It didn't trigger the "get all the Eva lore cards" triumph or end the story of them at any rate.

Not all Eva cards are available yet. There used to be only 3. I think another 3 appeared with BA or The Dawning or something. Probably more to come.

• twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    I just finished the first portion of the Luna's Howl heroic quest line, and my goodness.

Took me roughly seven hours of comp. crucible to rack up the 150 hand cannon kills (I'm just god awful at medium range).

Relevant to the earlier conversation: I think my worst rounds - which were all Countdown - I still carried about a 1.9 k/d. For the comp. Clash and Control, I stayed at about 2.7 k/d. And I still only managed to total 331 Glory because - shocking absolutely no one - blueberry teammates seem to check their Frontal Lobes at the door the minute they get placed in a match.

That is ABSURD. The requirement of having good teammates in order to complete this quest is absolute garbage. There is functionally no way to complete this quest line unless a bunch of you all want to help, which is definitely unlikely, and frankly uncalled for. It's just trash, and now that I know one of the steps is 2100 Glory, I'm going to have to give up the ghost, which is really annoying, as I just sank 7 hours into the first stage.

PSN: peepshowofforce
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    shryke wrote: »
    It's currently something like 34/44/54/64/74 for a win and -30 for a loss. At least, afaik.

Which means a back-and-worth 50% winrate nets you a whopping +2 points per game. (1050 games to Fabled) +9 if you can manage to string 2 wins together consistently. (233 games) 66% win rate is like +16 per game. (131 games)

It's brutal without a consistent win streaks. And the way it's set up to make your score really swingy just makes people feel like shit.

And you gotta do this climb through a wall of spectral blade hunters rocking Lunas and Dust Rocks.

I think those numbers check out for Brave going to Heroic. Heroic to Fabled changes to +30/40/50/64/70 for wins, -26 for a loss. I don’t know why the 4th win is still +64, but I’m not gonna complain.

Fabled going to mythic, a loss becomes -30 again, and a first win is still 30, so... best of luck getting fat streaks, you’ll be needing them.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I just finished the first portion of the Luna's Howl heroic quest line, and my goodness.

Took me roughly seven hours of comp. crucible to rack up the 150 hand cannon kills (I'm just god awful at medium range).

Relevant to the earlier conversation: I think my worst rounds - which were all Countdown - I still carried about a 1.9 k/d. For the comp. Clash and Control, I stayed at about 2.7 k/d. And I still only managed to total 331 Glory because - shocking absolutely no one - blueberry teammates seem to check their Frontal Lobes at the door the minute they get placed in a match.

That is ABSURD. The requirement of having good teammates in order to complete this quest is absolute garbage. There is functionally no way to complete this quest line unless a bunch of you all want to help, which is definitely unlikely, and frankly uncalled for. It's just trash, and now that I know one of the steps is 2100 Glory, I'm going to have to give up the ghost, which is really annoying, as I just sank 7 hours into the first stage.
    If you're on PC, I play comp for no reason at all most of the time, so I'll try to check in on the Discord chat more frequently when I'm playing.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    If ya'll are hating the climb to 2100, know that it's not even halfway to Not Forgotten. >.<

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    Catalase wrote: »
    If ya'll are hating the climb to 2100, know that it's not even halfway to Not Forgotten. >.<

Are you gonna do it 3 times?

smCQ5WE.jpg

I don't mind that one. I like what they did with the two hand-cannons where Luna's is the basic model and NF is the "you are a fucking crazy person" one that's slightly or situationally better.

The problem is getting to Luna's is kinda bullshit.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Great success tonight. We actually ended up getting 3 or 4 extra victories on our way to 22 wins. Chocolate shell (and first Crucible portion of The Last Word) get. Unfortunately, although I did kill both people on the enemy team at once with Two Tailed Fox at one point, it somehow didn't give me the triumph. One of them was marked as an explosive kill and the other wasn't, so maybe they fragged themselves with their own grenade or something? Felt really unfair...

Not all Eva cards are available yet. There used to be only 3. I think another 3 appeared with BA or The Dawning or something. Probably more to come.

Not true, actually! They remaining 4 are available, they just don't show up in the Triumph page until you get them.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)

I don't mind that one. I like what they did with the two hand-cannons where Luna's is the basic model and NF is the "you are a fucking crazy person" one that's slightly or situationally better.

NF really sucks for the mainly pvp crowd, though. Like, I focus on raids and going into each season I know I can manage to get all the new raid items and challenges and hopefully a title, if RNG is even a bit reasonable. If you’re all about pvp, though? That grind is gonna be some next level shit.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    No Valor bonus?! fork

Now I’m really gonna have to hustle to hit 5 resets before the season ends.

awsimo on
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Wait there was a pre game thing that specifically said valor bonus or did they screw up?

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Well, last IB they had 2x all week and then 3x on the weekend, so I was hoping they would repeat that for the final IB of the season.

I’m at 3.5 resets so it’s I’m in a pretty good position, it just would’ve been nice to finish it off quickly this week.

edited February 2019
    Elki wrote: »

NF really sucks for the mainly pvp crowd, though. Like, I focus on raids and going into each season I know I can manage to get all the new raid items and challenges and hopefully a title, if RNG is even a bit reasonable. If you’re all about pvp, though? That grind is gonna be some next level shit.

That just kinda gets to the heart of the issue with PvP in this game, where they can't decide if it's a progression system or a ranking system.

Is NF a thing you work towards like a raid drop or a thing you only get if you are good enough, like a ladder reward in a MOBA or something.

And of course it's a weapon you actually use which only makes that problem more pronounced.

shryke on
    Vagabond wrote: »

Not true, actually! They remaining 4 are available, they just don't show up in the Triumph page until you get them.

Is there a kind of activity that is more likely to drop Eva cards? I got my most recent one from a Heroic Story level.

Is there a kind of activity that is more likely to drop Eva cards? I got my most recent one from a Heroic Story level.

I haven't seen them drop from anything but heroic stories.

smCQ5WE.jpg

I haven't seen them drop from anything but heroic stories.

AFAIK this is the only source

vq2TEKC.png
    @Custom Special continues his streak of granting me great luck, and I got my Anarchy to drop tonight! So thanks again to him, and sorry again to Obi. The only thing I don't technically have from either of the raids now is the curated Age-Old Bond from Kalli.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    AreYouNotEntertained.gif

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular

That just kinda gets to the heart of the issue with PvP in this game, where they can't decide if it's a progression system or a ranking system.

Is NF a thing you work towards like a raid drop or a thing you only get if you are good enough, like a ladder reward in a MOBA or something.

And of course it's a weapon you actually use which only makes that problem more pronounced.

I think it’s a ladder type system to me. They just, due to complaints, made it easier for players to go up the ladder a bit than down

But you’ll still hit your max where almost everyone you play is better than you despite the win streak bonus

I don’t think it’s feasible e to “grind” the rewards. You can grind a bit above your skill level with lucky win streaks and carries but that’s it. Eventually you’ll still max out. If your a 1500 player maybe you could grind 2100

But you’re never getting NF.

I’m torn on the unique rewards for comp. on the one hand it’s super awful that a top tier PvP gun is behind top skill PvP wall but on the other hand getting lunas last season and mountain top this season have been the most rewarding destiny 2 experiences

616610-1.png
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular

Are you gonna do it 3 times?
    Legend is not happening again ever. Fabled is a possibility, depending on the pinnacle gun and how much free time I have

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    Disrupter wrote: »

I think it’s a ladder type system to me. They just, due to complaints, made it easier for players to go up the ladder a bit than down

But you’ll still hit your max where almost everyone you play is better than you despite the win streak bonus

I don’t think it’s feasible e to “grind” the rewards. You can grind a bit above your skill level with lucky win streaks and carries but that’s it. Eventually you’ll still max out. If your a 1500 player maybe you could grind 2100

But you’re never getting NF.

I’m torn on the unique rewards for comp. on the one hand it’s super awful that a top tier PvP gun is behind top skill PvP wall but on the other hand getting lunas last season and mountain top this season have been the most rewarding destiny 2 experiences

For it to be a ladder you'd need pure skill-based matchmaking. Otherwise your ladder doesn't function.

• twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    At 331, Im getting matched against what appear to be God Roll DRB/Luna's Howl/Wardcliff Coil/Spectral Blade Hunters.

The matchmaking in this game, in Competitive, is just ass.

@Surfpossum - Thanks a ton for the offer; unfortunately, I'm on PS4.

PSN: peepshowofforce
    At 331, Im getting matched against what appear to be God Roll DRB/Luna's Howl/Wardcliff Coil/Spectral Blade Hunters.

The matchmaking in this game, in Competitive, is just ass.

Surfpossum - Thanks a ton for the offer; unfortunately, I'm on PS4.

Power level has no bearing on matchmaking in comp, nor should it

vq2TEKC.png