As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    iirc that was originally the plan, but it's been walked back and they will stay active post launch of Div2

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Ugh. I had some free time last night and was thinking I could start working on getting one of those shield things from Div 1 - I never actually finished the game and haven't played it for ages so I probably only could potentially get one or two easy ones, if that - and it turns out I bought the game physically and left the disc in storage in the US, so I can't even start it up to check on progress. I'm going to see if I can find a cheap $10 used copy over the weekend.

26904.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    iirc that was originally the plan, but it's been walked back and they will stay active post launch of Div2

I haven't found anything in either direction... did they say that in a stream?

I mean, you'd have to be pretty hardcore to grind out all 12 shields after the Division 2 gets released, but this would be the first milestone/legacy remembering functionality in a game that I've played without a lockout that I'm aware of.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Early theories were right about the swap to the Epic store. The primary reason is Ubisoft wanted people buying through uPlay rather than Steam/Epic. And it’s worked - PC pre orders are higher than the first game, and uPlay preorders are 6 times higher.

Edit - I find some humor in Epic dumping moneyhats on Ubisoft for the exclusive and instead people seem to just be ignoring the Epic launcher version altogether. Also I think that people outside the US being able to use 100 Ubisoft points for a 20% discount is driving a lot of that.

-Loki- on
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

I haven't found anything in either direction... did they say that in a stream?

I mean, you'd have to be pretty hardcore to grind out all 12 shields after the Division 2 gets released, but this would be the first milestone/legacy remembering functionality in a game that I've played without a lockout that I'm aware of.

Was on the twitters apparently, in reply to "will we be able to complete the shields and unlock rewards for TD2 after March 15th?" one of the social managers replied

I suppose it depends on how official that response is, but this is the same guy that said on a stream that the on call spam was getting fixed for the open beta (inadvertently confirming an open beta in the process)

7qmGNt5.png
  • RhahRhah Registered User regular
    The rewards check page pops open a login and it logs in that window but the original page never thinks I am logged in. The top bar that should show your Ubi account is blank on the right not showing my account. Shrug. I did the things to get the stuff, I guess I either get it or I email and say I should get it and they give it to me or they don't... as I've gotten older a little bit of my "need" to collect everything has declined.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hardest part about getting some of those shields would be all the legendary missions so I'd get that one done before launch.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2019
    Getting a used copy of the Division has been quite an experience! Friday, I went to the local EB Games store after checking online that they actually had a copy (which they did) but they close at 5:30. So instead I went across the street to buy a new sound bar. (I'm rebuilding everything from the ground up and my old receiver is in storage half a world away.)

I set it up but was surprised to find that it didn't include an HDMI cable.

Saturday morning (after a quick 20km bike ride) we discovered our Air Con was dead. I checked the breaker and it was tripped and when I tried to reset it, it made that distinctive electrical fwump sound that a short circuit makes. Sowe went to the local electronics store to buy a power adapter for our Echo Show and an HDMI cable. Of course that was way more difficult than it should have been and ended up taking until mid afternoon. Had some mediocre sushi for lunch at the shop next door to EB Games and bought the old used disc for $9.

Headed home and hooked up the sound bar and set up our Alexa - and realized how much we had missed having that functionality! And then settled in to watch the SF Shock win their OWL game, while getting completely obliterated on Bundy OP (which I find amazingly delicious). Spent the balance of the day watching K-pop videos on YouTube.

Sunday the temp hit a high of 35C so we spent most of the day out of the house. Its starting to cool down now with our thermometer showing "only" 30.4C. I'm installing the game now and PSN shows that it should be ready to play in about two hours, just in time for dinner!

I might get in a couple hours tonight, maybe. What a crazy weekend!!

EDIT: And of course PSN is down so I can't play after all. I swear the universe just doesn't want me to.play this gane!

EDIT #2: Finally got in at 9:30 pm. Im level 20 and have several missions to go ro finish. I'm not to worried about completing EVERYTHING but getting one or two easy things done might be nice. What's the easiest one?

Stupid on

26904.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    It's purely just number of shields; it doesn't matter which:

Tier 1 - 1 Shield total - Weapon Skin

Tier 2 - 4 Shields total - Patch and Agent Jacket

Tier 3 - 8 Shields total - Emote and backpack skin

Tier 4 - All 12 Shields - Emote and backpack trophy

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited February 2019
    Figgy wrote: »

yeah, it doesnt matter what order you do them in, just how many you do. my last shield was for the gametype that shall not be named.

The last shield is likely way easier to get than 3000 commendation points, and depending on RNG you may have problems getting 3 full classy sets or all exotics.

tastydonuts on
    I still continue to be kind of miffed that they didn't just do world event blow outs until div 2 release. Like seriously.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Personally wishing they cut the number of extracted items on that achievement in half. ;p

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Personally wishing they cut the number of extracted items on that achievement in half. ;p

All the DLC had at least one way too grindy achievement.

50 wins in Last Stand.
    Rank 40 in Underground.
    Extract 100 items in Survival.

“Its not over until you hate it”

Sirialis on
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    At least you can smash through an underground run in ~10 minutes so you can quickly do one here and there without significant time investment.

Figgy wrote: »

Well, I got the first shield for simply playing the game - open up the base of operations! Pretty much everything else on the list looks really time/effort intensive. And some of them I'm not even sure what the requirements are! I mean I can read the text, but it is meaningless to me as a causal player. Aside from that one freebie, the next one I'm closest to getting is the commendation one at something like 600/3000. The vast majority I'm at 0% completion. I'm pretty sure that getting 4 shields total is going to be pretty much off the table for me, so I'll abandon that quest. :biggrin:

Interestingly enough, my recollection of the last time I played having a lot of problems with difficulty. But when I logged in last night I just steamrolled through several side missions with no problems whatsoever. And then I found the Big G even in the Flatiron district and all of a sudden I remembered why I stopped playing this game. A level 15 even that was ripping me apart at level 20! (I remember there was a similar speedbump in one of the first areas that was literally impossible until I was ridiculously OP for that area. I'm guessing this is a similar situation so I think I'll just backburner that mission until later.)

26904.png
    The Onslaught GE is active

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    https://thedivision2-freegameoffer.ubi.com/#/en-US

sure would be nice if this ever actually worked instead of just sitting there forever after I hit redeem

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    you get it from one of these? https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000023753

To be eligible, players need to have preordered a PC digital version of the game from an approved retailer before March 14, 2019, 11:59pm.

Note that the following partner bundles are not eligible:

- AMD
    - MSI
    - Samsung
    - Trust
    - Tobii
    - Corsair

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000040961

?

edited February 2019
    i got my key from the RazerGameStore and it worked for this promo, a buddy of mind got his key from GreenMan and he was also able to participate in this promo

(also i had to turn off adblock for the redeem hang to finally go away)

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    edited February 2019
    ah, that'd do it. how dare you block their ads! :P

12 Last Stand wins to go... and... 11 survival runs to go, assuming 6 caches and not getting screwed over because survival is fickle like that. >_>

Ideally, I will be able to complete these this week, so I can start Anthem and get through most of that before Division 2 releases unless there are some garbage time gated collectibles or other forced content stretching in the way.

tastydonuts on
    The weird thing is that there were no ads to block!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Just got my invite to the technical test.

• RhahRhah Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Yeah my father did too. Feb 21 to Feb 22. I didn't. He had 920 hours played on 1 and I have only like 100 not sure if that factored in or if they just detected hardware setups and want a sampling.

Rhah on
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    It's completely random, in my case I think I got it because I signed up for the beta as soon as they announced the game at E3, so I've been invited to the alpha, beta and this technical test. I was even banned from the For Honor beta because I called out how shitty the P2P network was, but I still get invited to all these alphas (Got one for Wildlands as well)

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    For the data points: I'm in and someone I invited though the beta page is in.

76561197966849367.png
    Boo PC only preview/"test"

Boo PC only preview/"test"

Yeah this is the height of bullshit! I mean I'm going to be playing athem all weekend anyway but... BULLSHIT!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Well, this one is a technical test, so they want to see performance on different hardware.

Consoles don't change, so they don't need a public test for that.

I suspect that they got a lot of complaints specific to the PC version and they are hoping to giver those PC-specific fixes a run through prior to the open beta.

26904.png
    edited February 2019
    Yes, I know. I was joking about the boo PC trial thing. :P

As for Anthem... I have 9 hours left in the trial but I just didn't see the point of starting early when I wasn't sure if I'd start popping the achievements. IDK... not sure if I'll start it Friday either since I want to focus on knocking out the remaining achievements in this game.

Just finished a Survival run where I think I only managed to halt progression 5 times, but I also managed to get "Well Fed" for having all of the other consumables and I can only assume that there is some bizarre RNG feast/famine thing going on... cleared it with 2 minutes left. Popped three hunters too, because the game likes to mock me.

I figure 10 9 runs at ~1 hour a go and I'll be done. I don't rant to rush it because then I'd lose even more time grinding it out... but at the very least I've developed a tolerance of Survival at this point.

tastydonuts on
    Stupid wrote: »
    I suspect that they got a lot of complaints specific to the PC version and they are hoping to giver those PC-specific fixes a run through prior to the open beta.

There was. I saw lots of complaints about maxing out CPUs, HDDs and RAM with no reason why, and the devs were quickly compiling what brands and types people were using.

Also Massive are apparently mostly PC devs and gamers so paying extra attention to PC performance makes sense.

Yet another trailer for the endgame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWQ7_aUPrk
    looks like one of the raids will be at the airport?

7qmGNt5.png
  • NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Logged in and ran around a little and the technical test/open beta version feels better than the private beta did. It also has the chem launcher unlocked so good times all round.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    looks like one of the raids will be at the airport?
    Sweet, we can get our Die Hard 2: Die Harder on

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    wait technical beta?

I was in the private beta and pre-ordered, what is this new beta!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    wait technical beta?

Its for the cool PC people only. Us console peons aren't invited. I hear this beta makes the chocolate taste terrible.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    What about cool console people? And the PC peons? And what about the people who are allergic to chocolate? When we they be able to play? Think of the kids!

26904.png
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    wait technical beta?

Its for the cool PC people only. Us console peons aren't invited. I hear this beta makes the chocolate taste terrible.

but.. i'm on pc!

*tear*

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    They said that pre ordering doesn't guarantee a spot in this beta. They did a shotgun approach to selecting people for this, to try to get a wide range of system specs.

Guessing it was because the PC beta forum had a lot of technical complaints.

edited February 2019
    All the gadgets and stuff being shown in the endgame is making me wonder what the three new Specializations are going to be.

I could totally see them do one where you get a Flame Thrower, non-mounted Minigun or even a Robodog.

-Loki- on