As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Laughing at Edison's chocolate scene. That is just such a perfect jab to him historically right where it hurts.

I wish I had Tesla but I'll look that scene up on Youtube along with King Hassan.

Edit: Gorgon's scene is also pretty great.

Madican on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Some of them like Ozy are nice because they're both sweet and they reference other series. His directly references Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver and shows that he has memories of his time there.

It also helps explain why he has so much respect for Arash in the game.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    My favorite instance of a servant carrying past memories into their summoning is Medb vaguely remembering losing to you in America and deciding to kick your ass over it

Or maybe she hears about it from another servant

Either way it's petty and hilarious

Finally decided to give the challenge quest a go and went in blind with Archtoria, Merlin, Waver, Mash, Cu Alter, and Heracles.

rj0Vw5Xl.jpg

Mission accomplished, without any command seals.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I just Jaltered it. Jaltering things continues to work very well.

Jalter, (support) Merlin, Waver, Jack, Mash, Iri w/ Atlas code in 26 turns with occasionally bad crit luck. (A 70/70/70 Jalter Brave chain that didn't crit once grumble)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Yay, we will get quests with Summon Tickets as rewards!

aaaaaaand apparently they are all super hard, so beyond my current grasp.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=/iframe/2019/0216_tour2019_cp/

Incoming NA Break Bars, enjoy your overkill one turn burst crits while they lasted =X

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    As a committed member of Team Arts I welcome our new Giant HP Bar Bosses

End this world of Merlin

Or give him to me on the next SSR guaranteed gacha, either is good

If anything I think Merlin will be even more useful if the health bars get bigger in sequence. Rather than blowing up the boss instantly now I can set things up just so and when the time is ripe unleash hell.

Which is one of my favorite things in stuff like this. The prep work going off perfectly into a laser-targeted nuclear strike.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Costumes start happening with Shinjuku, right? How does that work? They're like an item for an existing Servant and not like a new Servant, yeah?

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Costumes start happening with Shinjuku, right? How does that work? They're like an item for an existing Servant and not like a new Servant, yeah?

No. The first costume is Summer with Mash.

Jalter -eventually- gets her Shinjuku costume though. Salter, sadly, hasn't yet.

vagrant_winds on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

They're items obtained in various ways and then fully unlocked with ascension mats. They don't change anything other than appearance, with one major exception later on.

It took way too long, and way too many quartz/tickets, but NP5 Taiga is now in my Chaldea

Thank goodness

Jalter in New Orleans is a Ruler in this new Memorial Quest.

I think I'm gonna be bringing Jalter to beat her up.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was pre-Avenger being added to FGO at all

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Yeah, borrowing a Jalter dealt with that easily. Second is easy with archer spam...

And then six is also a saber. Wait... fuck no.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »

Man, Eurayle did WORK in that quest. Charm skill, charm hit on the NP, Stun from the plugsuit, plus her extra damage v males. Seeing her hit for 100K on her noble phantasm was pretty unexpected. Plus Tristan and David to give everybody evades against the NP.

*edit*
    Also, i think Tiamet might've been the easiest fight of the set. Herc, Waver, Merlin, with the field effects in play, her NP was the only real threat, and between invincibility and how fast Waver's NP charged to keep draining her bar, it didn't account for much. Every still had 20K-ish HP at the end.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Yeah, that was pre-Avenger being added to FGO at all

Back in the day where Jalter was going to be a free servant distributed through some sort of event (a real-life one, I think?)

What a strange world that would be.

Yeah, borrowing a Jalter dealt with that easily. Second is easy with archer spam...

Camelot wasn't even his final form

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Oh my sweet sassy molassy, that last quest, how many millions of HP was that total with all the break bars? That took me 43 turns, and command seals to clear. Even with an optimized team, how do you burn through that many HP without eventually being dragged down by sheer attrition?

Oh my sweet sassy molassy, that last quest, how many millions of HP was that total with all the break bars? That took me 43 turns, and command seals to clear. Even with an optimized team, how do you burn through that many HP without eventually being dragged down by sheer attrition?

NP spam I think. I may skip that one... Gawain is going to be bad enough.

Oh that was fun. I didn't try using Jalter and Double Merlin on the 7th Singularity boss the first time around so I decided to give it a go in the Memorial Quest.

Complete annihilation in one Buster card.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It's not really fair throwing a lone Berserker boss out with no gimmicks to keep him alive. Merlins plus Martha killed him with the NP without even needing the followup 80% crit chance Buster card. The last hit of the NP did 200k alone.

uyvfOQy.png
    I had forgotten how much of an asshole Gawain could be. Noble Phantasm Charge. Noble Phantasm Charge. Noble Phantasm. WHAIT WHAT!?!?!

Luckily Orion was dodging that turn and I had another strong Archer in the wings and still won. But seriously, ouch.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I had to give that one two tries to get things set up properly, yeah.

Saber Alter took 38 turns, but after the revive I could start with two Merlin NPs and then get another every few turns. Didn't get through the first line after that.

uyvfOQy.png
    I had to use a command seal on the final fight. Salter got off a NP and wiped my frontline shortly after she went to the final break bar. It was Squirtoria vs Salter, me one turn from death and her that I'd be able to kill next turn. Fuck it. Swallowed my pride. Used the full heal, QAA, and then NP crit chained the next turn for the win.

Before she blew the other two front liners up I had a sequence where I got SEVEN NOBLE PHANTASMS IN A ROW with Squirtoria. That should tell you how much damn HP this boss has.

edited February 2019
    I had to use a command seal on the final fight. Salter got off a NP and wiped my frontline shortly after she went to the final break bar. It was Squirtoria vs Salter, me one turn from death and her that I'd be able to kill next turn. Fuck it. Swallowed my pride. Used the full heal, QAA, and then NP crit chained the next turn for the win.

Before she blew the other two front liners up I had a sequence where I got SEVEN NOBLE PHANTASMS IN A ROW with Squirtoria. That should tell you how much damn HP this boss has.

*cries internally*

I've never run into anything yet that survives to a fourth...

Polaritie on

*cries internally*

I've never run into anything yet that survives to a fourth...

HP Values
    648,477 HP
    939,965 HP
    1,537,986 HP

It's A LOT of HP. And any overkilling you do on one of the first two life bars is wasted in damage.

Also she apparently has some added AI that absolutely hates Casters, so watch out on that.

Emergency maintenance because Nero tried to abuse her Imperial Privilege skill to make herself look like a 5* unit

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    This maintenance is screwing with my farming efforts.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Man, Hans buff in JP seems extremely good for an already strong servant

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    The truism about bronze Servants having fantastic skills/NPs held back by bad stats keeps being true, I guess.

For real, though, Innocent Monster was his worst skill and was still pretty good, and now they just removed the demerit, made it targetable, added NP charge, and upgraded the star count? Yeah, that's good.

Four gold apples and four quartz for the emergency maintenance

edited February 2019
    The fact that the maintenance was caused by Nero attempting to seize a fifth star brings me no small amount of joy

Butler For Life #1 on
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    It also lead to the resurfacing of Long Maintenance Nero, which was pretty great.

Emergency maintenance because Nero tried to abuse her Imperial Privilege skill to make herself look like a 5* unit

She's not?

Then why is she level 90? :rotate:

(So what happened - data error and she got the 5* card frame for a bit?)

She's not?

Nah, the banner literally displayed her as 5* Nero

edited February 2019

She's not?

Nah, the banner literally displayed her as 5* Nero

Oh. Ahaha. Yeah that's a problem.

Apparently this coincides with her getting buffs in JP too.

Polaritie on
    Well, down to the final memorial quest.

It's kind of annoying that I only did 280k to Gawain turn one (Euryale NP5, her buffs, two wavers, Black Grail, and the arts boost from one of the moon codes) with Euryale. Was close though, Nobu finished it solo.