As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    W40k: Mechanicus is getting frustrating. Even at Lvl 0, there are more enemies than I can deal with and there is no difficulty setting. Upon New Game, I can't even complete the first mission.

@akajaybay a young adept requires your aid.

@Karoz @akajaybay My problems are resolved:

I found out I don't have one Servitor, I have infinite. You have to click its portrait to add more to the deployment. I wish the tutorial made that explicit....

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Eastshade is a pretty great game you guys. I'm enjoying it a lot, it's like a small scale version of Skyrim, minus the combat, with lovely anthropomorphic characters. :)
    Everybody is just so nice and I want to live there.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    W40k: Mechanicus is getting frustrating. Even at Lvl 0, there are more enemies than I can deal with and there is no difficulty setting. Upon New Game, I can't even complete the first mission.

I found out I don't have one Servitor, I have infinite. You have to click its portrait to add more to the deployment. I wish the tutorial made that explicit....

Oh yeah, use the Servitors as your cannon fodder and they're often even useful getting hurt just to increase your cognition.
    The game starts off tougher and gets easier as you have more resources. So early on don't feel like you need to take on the hardest tasks right away.

Here's some good info for you though. Each level you clear will raise the awakening level by your alert level at the end of a mission. So don't spend too long combing the entire place. BUT it will always go up by a minimum of 3. So if you have a enough left to come in at under 4 then you're good to explore a bit more, but remember the final fight will usually raise it a bit as well. Also backtacking along the same way you came doesn't raise the gauge at all, just traversing new ground.

And heal tools are your friends, there are stiff penalties for having injured Tech Priests at the end of a mission, so top them off when you can. The minions have no penalty. Later you get minions that cost blackstone to send, but even then, you only get partial refunds if they come back undamaged, you're not penalized like you are for the Priests.

akajaybay on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    @shdwcaster has about five hours left of his Child's Play drive stretch goal - a 24 hours stream of Euro Truck 2!

Join in and encourage him to fully live the experience by peeing in a bottle!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    akajaybay wrote: »

Oh yeah, use the Servitors as your cannon fodder and they're often even useful getting hurt just to increase your cognition.
    The game starts off tougher and gets easier as you have more resources. So early on don't feel like you need to take on the hardest tasks right away.

Here's some good info for you though. Each level you clear will raise the awakening level by your alert level at the end of a mission. So don't spend too long combing the entire place. BUT it will always go up by a minimum of 3. So if you have a enough left to come in at under 4 then you're good to explore a bit more, but remember the final fight will usually raise it a bit as well. Also backtacking along the same way you came doesn't raise the gauge at all, just traversing new ground.

This is excellent info, thanks. So far I've only reached Lvl 4 once, so things are coming along much more pleasantly now that I can flood the deployment with Servitors. And now I've unlocked two Rangers that are actually a return on the increased Cognition investment.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Fear and hunger demo ran light ship on my PC. I shall try again to see if it was something on my and.

Gemcraft Continues to be the crack I found it to be nearly a decade ago when I found it on congregate. It is a tower defense game with a gym crafting system. Or better described as a gym fusing system. Level one gems fuse to become level 2 gems. Level 2 gems fused to become level 3 gyms. Fuse a red chain damage gym with a blue slowing gym and you have a gym fusion with both their abilities, albeit slightly less effective compared to a pure gem.

Now extrapolate this with 9 flavors of gems, Towers, traps, walls, and a few other things I haven't discovered, Close the opportunity to turn the end of each level into an endless horde mode for extra xp.

You can also call each wave of enemies early for bonus points. Do you feel like you're unstoppable? then call all the waves early and see how good your set up runs then.

I would thoroughly describe this game play Loop as tight and addictive. There is a ton of depth and the endless mode always makes you wonder how awesome you're actually being at the current level.

I've only recently realized that the Lanes of the levels have been extra wide and I could have been drawing mazes the entire fucken time

• ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So, for those of you asking about Stellaris after megacorp, here is my main advice after I got through to megastructures. Only pay a little bit of attention to admin cap. I stalled my expansion around the time I started to exceed it and stopped claiming all but the most vital systems when I was at about +20% tech cost because I was relying on tech research bonuses to win. I am now, through mostly conquest, at over +102% tech cost and my lead is only increasing. Most of all, GO SLOW on your planetary actions. Don’t queue more than like 2 on any planet because you have to wait for the jobs to fill in and the lowest level jobs that give you food/energy/minerals fill in last. Pay attention to what you need on a planet, what it’s specialized in for districts and plan for the following: research, alloys, crystals, motes, and gasses. It seems to me that everything else including trade is secondary to those and trade should be last for me after I have the above to expand.

Basically I feel that they slowed the early game WAY down now due to the micromanagement planets now require. They also broke the AI and the only real challenge I have now are the stagnant/fallen empires in my game.

Overall these changes are interesting but I’m not sure I favor them yet. As of now I’m wiping the floor with the AI federations and haven’t popped the crisis or L-Gate yet. It’s just going to be the mechanics of taking over the galaxy now.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    FNG games for 2/21 - 2/24

2/21 TNG (4 pm PST): Stardew Valley MP
    2/22 FNG (4 pm PST): Vermintide 2
    2/23 SaNG (4 pm PST): The Division
    2/24 SuNG (7 pm PST): Undecided

SuNG was a bust this last week. I guess I thought too much of The Forest or people just want to chill on Sunday evening.

Will take any recommendations for SuNG this week though or may just return it to Astroneer or just suspend it unless there is some interest to have it one week.

Fanatical has started its Bundlefest with the Colossus Bundle.

A new bundle unlocks every 24 hours.

• shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to everyone who dropped by the stream yesterday and today! Sotally Tober Trucking managed to not only survive another 24-hour shift, but make enough money to add buy two trailers and pay off our existing loan (so that we could take out a new loan under the same terms and buy a 3rd truck + hire a 3rd driver.

Also special thanks to Emperor @Iolo, who decided that I needed EVEN MORE places in Europe to visit, and gifted me the Italia DLC for ETS2.
    umtdqod55sj2.jpg

and @CorriganX for pushing me over the finish line.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    The photo mode in Strange Brigade is a lot of fun.

kj5egugzc30n.png
    ewh2ablggwhz.png

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    COMING SOON TO A THEATER NEAR YOU
    THIS SUMMER
    THE MOVIE EVENT OF THE YEAR IS
    ZOMBIE ASS

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I need to try out strange brigade, is it any fun solo?

Finally got around to trying Celeste, and I think I just need to accept that this kind of platformer is never for me. I felt the same way about shovelknight. I like a wide variety of playformers but these kinds of super precise hardcore ones, wth like spikes everywhere and such, I'm just not interested in at all, no matter how well they're received.

Hollow night or whatever it's called is the last one ive been meaning to try after Celeste, and I have a feeling I'll bounce off the same way.

They seem well made and sweet, it's just the gameplay is 100% not my bag

Starting endurance mode after fucking over eveyone on an easy level is satisfying.

Especially when you surpass your old score by a factor of 7

#gemcraft

Was doing so good, then tried to show my fellow man mercy. He killed me.

#neoscavenger

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »

Finally got around to trying Celeste, and I think I just need to accept that this kind of platformer is never for me. I felt the same way about shovelknight. I like a wide variety of playformers but these kinds of super precise hardcore ones, wth like spikes everywhere and such, I'm just not interested in at all, no matter how well they're received.

Hollow night or whatever it's called is the last one ive been meaning to try after Celeste, and I have a feeling I'll bounce off the same way.

Hollow Knight at least I could get through most of it but that's due in part to being a fan of Dark Souls-like games. Later on it amps up the difficulty and I just gave up and got the normal ending.

Celeste I had to put it on super easy mode half way through chapter 1. I'm not about these hardcore platformers at all. I'm not sure where Ori and the Blind Forest sits but that one I love and look forward to the sequel.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it. It's obviously ideally meant to be played with others, but the single player is better balanced than their previous Nazi Zombie Army games.

I bounced off Hollow Knight pretty damn hard myself.

Also, PSA: Any fool who hasn't already has just over an hour to pre-order Yakuza Kiwami.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    Building a new computer in the next week or so. I'm wondering if I should make an effort to carry over local save games and the best way to do that. Maybe uninstall all my steam games and then just copy the remaining folder structure over to my backup drive and then drop that onto the new machine.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Building a new computer in the next week or so. I'm wondering if I should make an effort to carry over local save games and the best way to do that. Maybe uninstall all my steam games and then just copy the remaining folder structure over to my backup drive and then drop that onto the new machine.

https://www.gamesave-manager.com/

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Assuming you're using Steam cloud saves where they're available, in which cases it'll basically do it for you: for other games it shouldn't be any more complicated than dropping the right folders/files into the same paths on the new machine. It's just they can be scattered around in weird places (Documents, AppData, inside their own folders in some subfolder structure, etc, etc) and even sometimes in hidden folders, which is a bit of a pain.

I do wish there was a standardised place for PC games to put their local saves, but alas.

Edit: or what @SteevL said! :)

Jazz on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It seems gauche, but there is a Steam function built-in to backup and restore files.

edited February 2019
    Thanks. I know a lot of them have cloud saves, but figure there's a number of them that may not.

akajaybay on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    You also might just want to consider moving the files over instead of deleting the games and re-downloading them all over again.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited February 2019
    Ooh, the next game from the Taiwanese devlopers Red Candle Games (makers of Detention)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTGHXH1wlRs
    Out today

akajaybay on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    You also might just want to consider moving the files over instead of deleting the games and re-downloading them all over again.

Especially for bigger games.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Yes.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Just install old hard drive on new computer
    profit.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    It occurs to me that 1 of the reasons non American and European horror are so interesting is that we don't recognize all the signs of other cultures and will not recognize iwhen the respective version of a pentagram is flashing right there

Meanwhile, everyone who does recognize the signs has already left the building and has already powered up the escape vessel

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks @Spoit for King of Fighters XIII! I've heard it's a pretty good fighter! Don't really have much experience with the KoF games, but apparently they get kind of crazy with like 3 or 4 different types of jumps?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It occurs to me that 1 of the reasons non American and European horror are so interesting is that we don't recognize all the signs of other cultures and will not recognize iwhen the respective version of a pentagram is flashing right there

Meanwhile, everyone who does recognize the signs has already left the building and has already powered up the escape vessel

"Hey man, you took Latin in HS. What's this book say?"
    "uh, something about death. Probably best to put that down."

Roll credits.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

Roll credits.

"Uh, let's see, 'mortuos susci-' oh hell no, this is about, like, raising the dead and shit. I'm not reading this. Let's burn it, then go get burgers."

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I didn't get a chance to tell you all buy Furi was dirt cheap at Chrono.gg yesterday. You may get lucky if you check some popular game trading sites.

Kalnaur wrote: »

Roll credits.

"Uh, let's see, 'mortuos susci-' oh hell no, this is about, like, raising the dead and shit. I'm not reading this. Let's burn it, then go get burgers."

I am surprised there is no horror series titled Inexorable.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Spiderweb Software games are on sale! Up to 75% off.

Buy everything. Especially Geneforge.

Jeff Vogel is a one man CRPG army.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    If anyone was waiting for their AC Odyssey copy from the Google Project Stream thing it looks up they turned up in people's Uplay accounts today. No real notifications about it, but it's in there now.

Logitech is bringing back the MX518 mouse! I bought several of these back in the day.

https://www.pcgamer.com/logitech-is-bringing-back-its-legendary-mx518-mouse/

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Logitech is bringing back the MX518 mouse! I bought several of these back in the day.

MX518 was so good! But honestly, after getting the G502, I don't really think I wanna go back.

Stabbity_Style.png

MX518 was so good! But honestly, after getting the G502, I don't really think I wanna go back.

What am I going to do with all that DPI....

I enjoy Steelseries mice but I alternate between 800 and 1600.

Yeah, my G502 feels like a perfectly good replacement. But it's pretty cool that they're bringing the old one back.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

What am I going to do with all that DPI....

I enjoy Steelseries mice but I alternate between 800 and 1600.

I generally use 2400, but occasionally flip to 1600 or 3200. I can't imagine using 800 for anything but super specific things like detail work in Photoshop. Doesn't your hand get tired of moving the mouse around so much?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I loved the mx518, but think i couldnt play so many games without all the extra buttons on the side of my mouse. :( Ive become the terrible monster I always fought against.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
This discussion has been closed.