As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Got Jecht's BSB2 on my daily draw. Gives party Stoneskin instead of EnFire to him though. How does he get EnFire to Fire monk?

Also got my 4th copy of Syldra, but I could really use another 4 copies to inherit. I don't know what's going on though, because whereas previously the boss would be dead around 37 seconds, now it's getting to the same point but the boss has 30% HP, and I'm not sure what's different.

Such a stupid fucking fight.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Got Jecht's BSB2 on my daily draw. Gives party Stoneskin instead of EnFire to him though. How does he get EnFire to Fire monk?.

One of his LMRs is en-fire, as well as his USB2.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Sub-30'd the XIV 280. I couldn't manage it until I swapped out Estinien with his USB for an SB-less Haurchefant, because I needed someone to carry Magic Breakdown and Healing Smite.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Got Jecht's BSB2 on my daily draw. Gives party Stoneskin instead of EnFire to him though. How does he get EnFire to Fire monk?.

One of his LMRs is en-fire, as well as his USB2.

Yep.

I intend to try the U2/B2 combo to see how well they actually work together.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I give up. No more Syldra until after Wednesday night. Wasted a whole day off for nothing, when there's KH3 to be played.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I have died on Mateus with no visible health bar more times than I have killed him by a factor of 5. This is driving me insane.

I just want 4 copies so I can move on.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Someday, Dena will stop copy pasting battle quotes. But today is not that day.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Someday, Dena will stop copy pasting battle quotes. But today is not that day.

Hey, maybe the Grand Horn's actual name is Beatrix. You don't know.

At least it isn't repeating Barthandelus's speech every time the countdown starts.

• Options
    Hey, a preview video for the collab. We get to see the names of the four characters' Awakenings, looks like. Dark Cannon, Master Hearts, Explosion, and Magic Hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VBU9BPvg14

Judging by the abilities equipped to the characters, Roxas is a Holy Knight, and Axel is a Fire Black Mage.

• Options
    I was not expecting four Awakenings. ... They're not crazy enough to put them all on one banner, are they? That would be lollerific.

• Options
    I was not expecting four Awakenings. ... They're not crazy enough to put them all on one banner, are they? That would be lollerific.

Guessing it's WSB/AOSB/USB/6*Glint/5*Glint/LMR for each of Sora, Riku, Roxas, and Axel. So that's two banners with 12 items each. Add Sora's two extra glints to one, and Cloud's two items to the other, and bam, two banners.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    hmmm Sora still might be the best Awakening.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I would expect Sora and Riku on one banner, and Roxas and Axel on the other.

They could probably get away with putting some Squall, Yuffie, or Tifa stuff on one of the banners as well. But most likely it'll be the KH characters and Cloud.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    From Reddit:
    Assuming all previous KH relics return...

Sora owns 7 already (BSB, 3x Glint, USB, AOSB, LMR), the AASB makes it 8.
    Riku owns 5 already (BSB, Glint, USB, AOSB, LMR), and his AASB makes it 6.

That is 14 already, a full banner. Also makes it a Six 6* Relic Banner if you put them both on it (2 AASBs, 2 AOSBs, 2 USBs), the JP standard.

Roxas gets an AASB, an AOSB, a Glint, an LMR, and MAYBE a BSB, getting himself 4-5 relics. Same will be for Axel. This gives us 8-10 (depending on BSBs) for a second banner. We know by this video, that Cloud's BSB is back (and I'd assume the matching LMR too), so that is 2 more 5* relics. Now, this banner would be two 6* relics short of the JP standard of six, so MAYBE we also get USBs for Roxas and Axel, but almost seems like they would be lackluster when they also have AASBs on the same banner. This isn't AS big an issue for Sora/Riku, cause they aren't premiering those relics, but re-issuing them. But if we do get those USBs, that makes 14 for a second banner, 28 total relics.

Also, might hold off on pulling immediately - these banners will PROBABLY have the nerfed drop rates that JP does, so don't go too hard too fast.

• Options
    Also, the event is actually almost here. I really need to blitz some story dungeons and the XI event for blues.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    From Reddit:
    Assuming all previous KH relics return...

Sora owns 7 already (BSB, 3x Glint, USB, AOSB, LMR), the AASB makes it 8.
    Riku owns 5 already (BSB, Glint, USB, AOSB, LMR), and his AASB makes it 6.

That is 14 already, a full banner. Also makes it a Six 6* Relic Banner if you put them both on it (2 AASBs, 2 AOSBs, 2 USBs), the JP standard.

Roxas gets an AASB, an AOSB, a Glint, an LMR, and MAYBE a BSB, getting himself 4-5 relics. Same will be for Axel. This gives us 8-10 (depending on BSBs) for a second banner. We know by this video, that Cloud's BSB is back (and I'd assume the matching LMR too), so that is 2 more 5* relics. Now, this banner would be two 6* relics short of the JP standard of six, so MAYBE we also get USBs for Roxas and Axel, but almost seems like they would be lackluster when they also have AASBs on the same banner. This isn't AS big an issue for Sora/Riku, cause they aren't premiering those relics, but re-issuing them. But if we do get those USBs, that makes 14 for a second banner, 28 total relics.

Also, might hold off on pulling immediately - these banners will PROBABLY have the nerfed drop rates that JP does, so don't go too hard too fast.

Drop the BSBs for 6* Glints. Banners in JP have 8 6* on them now.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

They could probably get away with putting some Squall, Yuffie, or Tifa stuff on one of the banners as well. But most likely it'll be the KH characters and Cloud.

Oh god, we just got done with the ninja meta and were anticipating AASBs as the way forward...but what happens if/when they make a ninja AASB?

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

Oh god, we just got done with the ninja meta and were anticipating AASBs as the way forward...but what happens if/when they make a ninja AASB?

Physical: temporary Permanent Blink and Ninja moves dualcast.
    Magical: Ninjutsu spells temporarily triplecast.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    We still don't have any new 6* ninja abilities

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

Physical: temporary Permanent Blink and Ninja moves dualcast.
    Magical: Ninjutsu spells temporarily triplecast.

Yuffie with an AASB and her USB2 would be tossing out up to 22-29 cap-breaking hits every turn.

• Options
    everything that matters is going to have the nerfed drop rates going forward though.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    We still don't have any new 6* ninja abilities

I feel like they should refrain from improving on the washing machines themselves.

If I were to make 6-star Ninja stuff, I'd go for 3-hit ninjutsu magic, and 3-hit Blink-makers.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Aw I don’t want this banner to be good I don’t want to have to pull here.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    You don't have to. Awakens are gonna happen to the game regardless.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I’m so behind in magicite and torments though. Even if I get the tools to defeat them it will take me a long time to get them leveled and inherited.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Well, leveling and inheriting Magicites are largely important for other Magicites, or Part 3 Torments. They can't be used in Infernal Multiplayer, and aren't necessary for the majority of timed event content, if you're in a position to even begin trying something like 5-star Magicite.

What I'm getting at is that you can afford to wait; there's no particular hurry to clear the Magicites.

• Options
    if an aasb rips a gaping hole into the side of a 5* you can just farm that for arcana. 5* sub-30s give a truly ridiculous amount of xp.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    if an aasb rips a gaping hole into the side of a 5* you can just farm that for arcana. 5* sub-30s give a truly ridiculous amount of xp.

I think 9 clears gets a magicite from 1 to 99.

• Options
    Well, leveling and inheriting Magicites are largely important for other Magicites, or Part 3 Torments. They can't be used in Infernal Multiplayer, and aren't necessary for the majority of timed event content, if you're in a position to even begin trying something like 5-star Magicite.

What I'm getting at is that you can afford to wait; there's no particular hurry to clear the Magicites.

I understand. I am getting bored of months of autoing the dailies and the events. I'd like to start clearing some of the bigger challenges.

At this point you usually reply to tell me to just stop playing the game because it owes me nothing. As I said above I don't hate the game I just want to make some progress.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Daily hit - Reks LMR. Should go well with his USB.

• Options
    KH probably isn't going to help you with Torment. Assuming there are two KH banners with two Awakenings each, that's not really any better than the fest banner JP got that had Bartz Awakening, Terra Awakening, and Faris chain. Among other goodies. Of course, they could shuffle that banner around.

If they go crazy and just put four Awakenings on one KH banner... That will be tough to ignore.

• Options
    KH probably isn't going to help you with Torment. Assuming there are two KH banners with two Awakenings each, that's not really any better than the fest banner JP got that had Bartz Awakening, Terra Awakening, and Faris chain. Among other goodies. Of course, they could shuffle that banner around.

If they go crazy and just put four Awakenings on one KH banner... That will be tough to ignore.

It could help him crack some 5* Magicites, and a 5* deck would make Torments easier.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

I understand. I am getting bored of months of autoing the dailies and the events. I'd like to start clearing some of the bigger challenges.

At this point you usually reply to tell me to just stop playing the game because it owes me nothing. As I said above I don't hate the game I just want to make some progress.

Right. Sorry. You’re right; I just say the same tired shit over and over, like that’s going to be useful. I’ll try to stop unless I actually come up with something worth saying.

• Options
    For those budgeting for the KH event, keep in mind next month there's:
    Realms on Parade (17 x 5 Mythril)
    LMR/OSB/USB Lucky Draws (3 x 25 Mythril)
    Buy 2 Get 3rd Free Core banner (100 Mythril) link.

If any of that interests, maybe earmark a bit.

Also, ya know, Fest Banners, which have a few interesting things on them as well.

• Options
    I'd argue that OSB lucky is way past its prime, LMR lucky is far too wide and has way too much WTF in it to pull on. (Fran's Bracers: 30% chance to cause stun to target after using a Support ability on enemy with a bow) (TOO MANY PEOPLE: MND +1% for each hit dealt with WHT abilities, up to 25%)

USB Lucky can give good results.

Realm on Parade is fantastic value and should not be skipped lightly. I tried to skip the last one but still pulled on realms with key USBs and Chains I am missing.

That core banner looks nice actually, I hadn't seen it before. Curses.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    The buy 2 get 1 core banner is good but in a world of awakenings I’m not sure it hangs.

The tyro and elarra stuff is good for magicite but everything else is pretty whatever.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I think that Biggs would be pretty good for Magicite with his Ultra, seeing as it chases every attack with an Overstrike.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    The buy 2 get 1 core banner is good but in a world of awakenings I’m not sure it hangs.

The tyro and elarra stuff is good for magicite but everything else is pretty whatever.

Yeah the Tyro and Elarra crit USBs are in a lot of clears. Dr. Mog's USB looks decent as well. You are probably right about holding mythril for awakenings at this point though. Which I guess writes off the luckies and the realms on parade.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Yeah the Tyro and Elarra crit USBs are in a lot of clears. Dr. Mog's USB looks decent as well. You are probably right about holding mythril for awakenings at this point though. Which I guess writes off the luckies and the realms on parade.

I'm definitely drawing on the Core banner. Dr. Mog is a catch all mage, Wedge is another Wind Mage/Hybrid, Tyro USB4/LMR, Elarra USB1/2. Even Biggs is alright.

I still have dreams of doing the new Torments, so I won't skip the Realms on Parade.

Of the Lucky Draws, probably only the USB one at this point.

Also there should be a free 40 pull with G6 x2, and an 8 draw with 7 BSB+ 5* items and an AOSB.

• Options
    Yea luckies and rop are torment fodder. Core characters can’t go into torment so still not a lot of value there.

I think if you don’t have godwall or elarra that banner is way better, but I have both.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.