As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    30jnyr117dzm.jpg

I did not know that was a thing but I'll take it!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Just got to watch a Zen with 1500 hours in the game ignore the monkey jumping on his Ana, with harmony on no one, to fire random shots into a Rein shield.

And I go Zen, outheal my Ana, heal the same as their main healer (Mercy), and put out 11.6k dmg...........and still fucking lose because the rest of my team basically feeds the whole time and I can't carry that much.

So fucking frustrating.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i have discovered elo hell and it is competitive CTF on the last night of the event

uc3ufTB.png
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    I had a baller of a FFA game last night playing Hammond on the Blizzard World map. Knowing where all the full health kits are i only died twice. I think the Pharah must have been screaming at the monitor because she'd be shooting at someone and i'd just come barrel in and get the kill before she could finish someone off. Finished in first place, which i don't think i've ever done before.

With regards to the skins, i only missed zen and hanzo because i didn't have those and reaper and i couldn't resist buying that one. I'm hoping the next event let's me pick up the moira skin on the cheap as i missed it last time.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    30jnyr117dzm.jpg

29% of final blows eh?

:winky:

• jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Did your whole team kill 14 enemies total, or is that 14 Melee kills total?

EDIT: Or is that you killed 14 enemies total, which 4 were melee kills?
    That is one confusing 'cheevo.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
    I got 21 elims (gold elims, gold dmg), but my brother got the elims card for some reason - I think it was around 50% kill participation, so total team kills would be around 40. So if 4 melee finishers are 29%, I got... yeah 14 final blows out of 21 elims total.
    30jnyr117dzm.jpg

29% of final blows eh?

:winky:

y49ex64438z6.png

Cheeky.

There should be an Easter Egg about Rogue hidden on that map.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i didn't play a ton of ctf this event but i played a fair chunk when i realised the mode was still up last night

i basically tried to be a torb one trick cos hey, turns out his new ult is REAL GOOD for this mode
    https://youtu.be/PogIB7wgJbM

from the same game- i love the little moments of intuitive yet uncommunicated teamwork that can happen on the fly: reaper and lucio are camped out on the left, waiting to spring an ambush, i see this and i'm like yo, i'll set my turret up on the right and let the enemy destroy it and try to push me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXoSXpjZhZM
    all according to keikaku

from my last placement game, both during the same push
    https://youtu.be/aoxq9Seq64Q
    https://youtu.be/UqS72oU3pYQ

uc3ufTB.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    When I get home I’ll need to upload something that happened last night

I was D.Va in MH, and got demeched. After the eject, I was like a mile above the map, off the actual land area, and fell to my death. I was speechless

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    FUCK. I forgot that the end of the holiday was going to be one of those Highlight-breaking patches, so I lost a hilarious moment I had during the rush of Team Deathmatch games. You'll have to settle for the text form.

I was playing Zenyatta, as I always do when I want to maximize my chance of winning. We were fighting on Blizzard World, at the doorway that normally leads to the capture point the attackers use to get the payload started (but is blocked off in TDM). The enemy Genji does his ult call-out and Swift Strikes into my face. I almost, but don't quite, have Transcendence. (And not enough to get it from damage before he murders me.) But then... "Hammer down!" A shockwave flies through from the other direction as our Reinhardt drops his ult on the rest of the enemy team, just barely catching Genji with the stun. The tables are turned! I hit him with an Orb of Destruction. Exactly one Orb of Destruction. The only one I had left, in fact. I am now floating next to a prone Genji with a drawn Dragonblade and no ammunition. I panic. You can the twitch in my hand in the UI; I look for an ally and there are none handy. Halfway through my reload animation I finally remember the quick-melee key. Zenyatta extends a robotic foot straight into Genji's crotch. He gives a roachlike spasm and goes "BLUECHK." Zenyatta lives another day.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    When I get home I’ll need to upload something that happened last night

I was D.Va in MH, and got demeched. After the eject, I was like a mile above the map, off the actual land area, and fell to my death. I was speechless

That's a weirdly common bug. It seems like every... third highlights vid I'll watch (Rapida, Dabacabb) will have one or two of 'em.

i have it happen to me too, it's somehow an arcade specific d.va bug?

uc3ufTB.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    And I go Zen, outheal my Ana, heal the same as their main healer (Mercy), and put out 11.6k dmg...........and still fucking lose because the rest of my team basically feeds the whole time and I can't carry that much.

So fucking frustrating.

Having a Zen Ana combo basically requires the team to lock down any potential disruption to Ana heals. Every Ana nade that she has to spend on herself is a huge waste of resources in the enemy team's favour, and every barrier in the way is basically shutting off main heals until those come down.

If Ana is healing less than Zen the first question should be "what's stopping our Ana from healing the team" before asking "is this a bad Ana player".

3 defenses, 1 attack on Paris - I like it so far! Especially point B. I'm pretty surprised by the lack of Awesome Widow Spots, though. There's not much for her on point A and B is even worse.

Plus right now I'm mostly playing "learn the health packs."

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I have not played Zen since Moira came out. For me, she was a straight replacement and upgrade; with yellow-orb + left-click, her heal throughput is a lot better than Zen's.

I suspect these days what gives Zen his niche is catering to folks that can actually shoot left-click damage orbs well while also juggling heals orb and debuff orb. I mean, if your aim is good enough, he's almost like a DPS.

But I'm not even close to that good. Moira for me is the right combination of heals and interesting mechanics and aim forgiveness.

And if we already have a Moira or a Mercy? Well lately I will Brig. I think for me out of every hero, except maybe Mei, Brigitte is the most fun to actually play.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm having sound issues since the map patch, I don't get the notifications when I get an assist, only when I directly kill someone. This also carries over to the turrets and mines of the enemy.

Paris is better than Horizon so far, that's as much praise as I'll give a A/B map right now. That first point chokehold is a shitty Eichenwald knockoff only with a more blatant "jump over this roof" point on the left which I don't care for and seems like the most obvious "die here and build your ult" so far in the game.

The B point I like because it trades off easy defense getting to the point but it has three sides for the attack to flank, that's classy (it's a McCree wonderland right along the Seine on attack B).

TexiKen on
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Paris a beautiful map. Played a bunch of rounds (mostly lost) but it was fun. Also, realized I could still get arcade boxes before reset yesterday so I did and got Hanzo! woo. I have gotten all the skins/emote/intros from the last couple events without spending money on loot boxes and friends, it feels good.

Also, please enjoy this Lucio double boop, my first ever. It's a little dull after the boop but I was so surprised it worked it took me a second to get my bearings. If only it had been 3! I still don't have "the floor is lava"

https://youtu.be/clLVfbiQrmk

soylenth on
    I love that you can do endorsements on Paris arcade. Them's cool beans.

Also if Paris has taught me two things it's that I am gettin' kind of awesome at sneakin' up on folks and one-clipping them, and attacking point B is bullshit best I got was two ticks

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I think why attacking B, or the final segment of a payload map, is often really hard is so comp matches don't go into a second round.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    killed a pharah with junkrat passive twice in one match

thats... a thonker rw3bhc3kppx2.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The ground is just the very lowest part of the sky if you think about it

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    The ground is just the very lowest part of the sky if you think about it

This reminds me of a comic.

I am really enjoying Paris. It's all lowish high ground that's super easy to access and tight corners to lose pursuers behind.

I've been havin' superfun games like all night ^.^

Edit: woo!

Chance on
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Was in a game with a west coast friend playing the Paris only arcade mode. Ended up in a game against Jjonak... the real one.

Didn't realize it till after the victory screen. lul.

To be fair though, he left sometime after getting first point but before we won.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    paris is way too big. i know i need to learn it better but so far not liking it.

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

So fucking frustrating.

Having a Zen Ana combo basically requires the team to lock down any potential disruption to Ana heals. Every Ana nade that she has to spend on herself is a huge waste of resources in the enemy team's favour, and every barrier in the way is basically shutting off main heals until those come down.

If Ana is healing less than Zen the first question should be "what's stopping our Ana from healing the team" before asking "is this a bad Ana player".

Yeah, two things come to mind here @sanstodo

First, it's the main job of the off healer to give Ana the peels and heals she needs. Because she shouldn't have to use bionade for herself, and sometimes health packs aren't an option.

Second, Zen/Ana is the most diveable healer duo in the whole damn game. Try and think of a more diveable duo. You can't. So if there was even a single hero on the enemy team with mobility? That's probably why Ana was failing to heal very much - she was probably dying all the time, or running to health packs or using her bionade on herself. If that's the case, good on you for staying up and doing work though! For reals. That would have been hard as the Zen in such a diveable healer duo. Just next time, be wary of the Zen/Ana combo. It can work, especially against a mid-range poke comp, but if you're running it you need to pay max attention to any backline threat whatsoever.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Heal a zarya through a mei blizzard keeping her alive the whole time, and later after she over extends her gravitron ult saved her from sub-100. Among other various feats of mercy-healing throughout the fight. We ended up losing and the only comment is from the zarya saying the heals were trash. Plus they bailed immediately after saying it.

Its rare for me to be equally confused and irritated.

steam_sig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    That happens to me all the tine as support. I will kick some ass at healing, and because a tank or dps didn't stay alive literally the whole game, I am trash, apparently.

Basically if we don't win the support never gets a vote (when I'm playin' support - even when it's one of those SuperMercy games where my feet never touch the floor and I'm covered in healing cards).

I'll always give out all 3. It takes a really, really bad team to not give a healer or tank a good teammate, for me. Like the kind you stand in front of emoting that you need healing who ignores you.

No vote for you, Moira.

edited February 2019
    Pailryder wrote: »
    paris is way too big. i know i need to learn it better but so far not liking it.

I'm loving it so far. As an attacker there's just one moment when I can get cold-picked before landing on the fight in earnest - coming through that hellacious choke - and after that it's all flank routes and health packs.

Defending point B is even better - to me it feels a lot like Ayutthaya with so many tight rooms and flank routes to the point - but Paris has way less high ground, which is very good for me.

Oh yes these are very good beans. I was kind of amazed by how much fun I was having last night.

Edit: also this seems to be a Super Hammond Fun Time map. I've seen so many Hams doing mad work on this thing.

Chance on
    Musicool wrote: »

So fucking frustrating.

Yeah, two things come to mind here @sanstodo

First, it's the main job of the off healer to give Ana the peels and heals she needs. Because she shouldn't have to use bionade for herself, and sometimes health packs aren't an option.

Second, Zen/Ana is the most diveable healer duo in the whole damn game. Try and think of a more diveable duo. You can't. So if there was even a single hero on the enemy team with mobility? That's probably why Ana was failing to heal very much - she was probably dying all the time, or running to health packs or using her bionade on herself. If that's the case, good on you for staying up and doing work though! For reals. That would have been hard as the Zen in such a diveable healer duo. Just next time, be wary of the Zen/Ana combo. It can work, especially against a mid-range poke comp, but if you're running it you need to pay max attention to any backline threat whatsoever.

These are good points. I always peel for my support partner first because dead supports = no heals.

In this case, his healing sucked because he couldn’t hit shots, had shitty positioning (making it harder to hit shots), and stayed scoped in constantly to fire random shots at the enemy team rather than look around.

In his defense, the rest of the team trickled the whole game and we only won fights due to using more ults.

The other team was playing without any dive, it was an Orisa comp with pharah on Dorado.

One of the upsides of playing zen is that you can do the work of two heroes. One of the downsides of zen is when you do the work of two heroes and still lose because one or more of your teammates are providing negative value the entire game (all their damage is chip damage that feeds support ult, and they die alone, feeding tank and dps ults).

I might get around to writing up a formal theory of measuring value both on a micro and meta level (meaning within a single fight and within an attack/defense in its entirety) but that’s only after I hit my actual publication deadlines. At the very least, it will bring me back to measurements of relative vs absolute tempo in UT.

Well then that's just a big ole FeelsBadMan. :(

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    I'm just gonna' throw out there that healers that can be one-clipped and have no easy means of escape are good and lovely things, and I appreciate the sacrifice they make in the name of my enjoyment.

Thank you, Zenyattas. Thank you, Anas. Your poor positioning is my bread and butter.

edited February 2019
    I'm just gonna' throw out there that healers that can be one-clipped and have no easy means of escape are good and lovely things, and I appreciate the sacrifice they make in the name of my enjoyment.

Thank you, Zenyattas. Thank you, Anas. Your poor positioning is my bread and butter.

It really is too much fun shooting that square-shaped Zen hitbox.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    Aw you edited out everything I was responding to.

Okay short version:

I do think it's a concern that the squeaky wheels get the grease, and those who squeak tend to be a pretty small portion of the player base - so it's possible that these changes are not reflective of the hopes of the population as a whole, and not working in their interests. Buuuut I also think that, y'know, Storm Arrow happened because people expressed that it felt like bullshit to be killed by Scatter. And it did. It felt shitty. Blizz didn't say "well then play a hero less susceptible to it," they completely changed it.

And I appreciate that it feels awful to get one-clipped by a Tracer you didn't know was there, but....

Being Alt-fired-and-Melee'd in the head by a Genji feels about as fair as being one-clipped by a Tracer, about as fair as being headshot by a Hanzo or Widow - and all of those feel more fair than the stunlock one is subjected to when a Doomfist lands on them.

That's why fuck Doom. ...though tbh I kinda' love when a counter-Doom is pulled out and you can tell they're really tryharding on it and that big hitbox is sooo eeeeasy to land shots on...

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

You were trying to help that Pharah learn how to rocket jump, Quake style.

Aw you edited out everything I was responding to.

Okay short version:

I do think it's a concern that the squeaky wheels get the grease, and those who squeak tend to be a pretty small portion of the player base - so it's possible that these changes are not reflective of the hopes of the population as a whole, and not working in their interests. Buuuut I also think that, y'know, Storm Arrow happened because people expressed that it felt like bullshit to be killed by Scatter. And it did. It felt shitty. Blizz didn't say "well then play a hero less susceptible to it," they completely changed it.

And I appreciate that it feels awful to get one-clipped by a Tracer you didn't know was there, but....

Being Alt-fired-and-Melee'd in the head by a Genji feels about as fair as being one-clipped by a Tracer, about as fair as being headshot by a Hanzo or Widow - and all of those feel more fair than the stunlock one is subjected to when a Doomfist lands on them.

That's why fuck Doom. ...though tbh I kinda' love when a counter-Doom is pulled out and you can tell they're really tryharding on it and that big hitbox is sooo eeeeasy to land shots on...

Yeah I edited it out coz nobody should have to hear my silly rants Chance. :p

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

You were trying to help that Pharah learn how to rocket jump, Quake style.

Rocket jump? That sounds dangerous.

This discussion has been closed.