As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Totally Accurate Battle Sim (EA) out today!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I was involved with several combat scenarios in Torment but I think I solved MOST of them without fighting. There were a few cases where I was just like fuck it I am murdering these fools, though.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThYCp7bjDa0&feature=youtu.be

New Path of Exile free expansion coming March 4th, Synthesis.
    • Find a new character, Cavas, out in the world and help him fix his decaying memories by delving into them and killing shit (lol) in order to find memory stabilizers, before the entire memory decays and kicks you out
    • Build your own dungeon with a Carcassone-inspired system, where you find memory fragments as you fix Cavas' memories, then fit them together to create paths to memories full of bosses and special loot. You then run that path, dealing with the difficulty and reward modifiers that the fragments have added, trying to reach the rewards at the end.
    • Memories drop Fractured items, that have locked item modifiers that can not be changed, allowing you to craft items that can have guaranteed insane stats. Take 3 fractured items you don't like and Synthesize them together to make a new item with a new implicit modifier that stacks on top of all the other modifiers on an item.
    • A complete balance pass of every spell in the game, full reworks of 3 of them (Storm Burst, Storm Shield, Flame Totem), along with 6 new spells (consisting of 3 new Chaos damage spells and 3 "Holy" spells, i.e. physical damage converted to lightning/fire) and a number of new support gems to customize those spells
    • The Betrayal system (which was sort of a Nemesis System inspired set of encounters) from the previous expansion is now part of the main game
    • A bunch of new unique items including some that are really stupid

A bunch more footage and info/explanations here via PoE streamer/youtuber ZiggyD:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwPAcKgJjJU&feature=youtu.be

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    After getting 100% in Resident Evil 2 and waiting for the free DLC to come out, I looked at my backlog and decided to play through Blazblue: Chronophantasma and Blazblue: Centralfiction.

I haven't done all the sidestory stuff in Centralfiction yet, but let me see if I've got a handle on the plot.

(Big spoilers)
    Okay, so the world was completely destroyed a long time ago, and the world of Blazblue is actually a dream, like FFX's Zanarkland.

This dream is because back before the world was destroyed, humanity discovered the Lifestream, and found God inside of it. However, once being observed, it was no longer God, but merely an object. Humanity couldn't enter the Lifestream themselves, so they built robot girls to go in and contact the God-object for them. Except then a robot girl connects to the God-object and essentially becomes God herself.

Humanity freaks the fuck out that their soulless robot girl now not only has a soul, but has become God, so they start a war with the robot girls. They get their asses kicked, so they caused the apocalypse, ending everything outside the Lifestream.

The lonely God-Robot girl then dreams up a new world where things continued, but her frame of reference and imagination was limited and things were relatively static and would loop back to the startpoint once the story reached a certain point.

Inside the dreamworld, humanity again discovers the Lifestream and creates new robot girls. Somehow, someone manages to create a robot girl that is an exact copy of the God-Robot girl, though who this was and how they did it is unknown. This robot girl has three "children" (two boys and a girl) though I don't know if they're biological children or clones or what.

Anyway, the copy gets destroyed and the kids end up being raised by a nun. Eventually a bad guy comes and kills the nun and kidnaps the daughter. One boy goes crazy and the other is badly injured and bonds with the Azure Grimoire to survive, which gives him a big connection to the Lifestream.

The bad guy tortures the hell out of the daughter he kidnapped, until the manifestation of Death emerges from the Lifestream and takes over her shattered mind. Later on, a new series of robot girls was being made based off the daughter.

However, the God-Robot's viewpoint has now become distorted and views the copies of her as herself. She wants her brother (the sane one) to come and rescue her, and so whenever he dies she rewinds time to the earliest point that he existed and then continues from there until he dies again.

However, due to time travel, the earliest point he existed is actually like 80 years before he was born. As a result, the time loop starts at 2100 when he appears in the past, and continues to the end of 2199 when he gets sent to the past.

During the loops, one of the events is a giant civil war that was started to cover the creation of a powerful robot girl, as they needed a ton of dead souls to create her. To stop this, some AI in charge of trying to manage the state of the world fires a giant space laser and turns that area into a crater. However, in one of the time loops this actually successfully creates the robot girl, and she wanders off with no memory. Due to the giant space laser, she's actually super charged, and contains the largest piece of the God's soul.

This new robot girl gets adopted, joins the military, and eventually saves the good brother from going back in time in 2199, finally breaking the loop and allowing time to progress to 2200.

The daughter-turned-Death incarnate is now ruler of the world, Gestahl-style, and the jackass that tortured her hangs around as her Kefka. Except he's actually a fake body that was created to house the soul of the "destroyer" counterpart of the God-object. His original being also became an object once observed, and is now a piece of armor that a time-displaced version of the crazy brother is wearing.

The bad guy's goal is to force God-Robot girl into the world so they can destroy her / everything. To do this, they set out causing events that the God-Robot girl would have to fix, but each time she has to fix them she moves closer in the Lifestream towards the world.

Finally, the bad guys win and the dreamworld is destroyed. However, a micro-dreamworld is created where the Chosen are pulled into it to compete. Whoever wins will essentially be the one who creates the new dreamworld.

The sane brother manages to figure everything out and realizes that if any one person's dream is the basis of the world, then it will be just as static and looping as the one they've been in. So he sets off to use his connection to the Lifestream to absorb everyone's dreams into himself. During the course of this, the robot girl that saved him in 2199 learns all the truth about her, and since she possess part of the same God-soul as the Death-incarnate-Sister, is able to merge with her.

Kefka-esque badguy kills the guy wearing his old body and starts wearing it himself, but gets beaten and ultimately destroyed within the Lifestream. Then the robot girl merges with the God-Robot Girl, and the brother takes her dreams as well. Then he enters the God-object and releases everyone's dreams to create the new world, so it would be a world of possibilities. He also erases himself from everyone's memory's to break the loop of reality not continuing if he wasn't there.

So in conclusion, Carl Clover is a complete asshole, that ran out of the credit that his tragic backstory bought him a long time ago.

Did I get it?

About... 75-80% I think, depending how much I want to nitpick. You missed a big part of Chronophantasma's story. The part after the spoiler is completely accurate.

And yes, BlazBlue loved its time loops.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I played a character who almost never fought in Torment. This meant I usually had little idea of what I was doing when I did get in fights.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I felt like early game was just "Have Erritis Kill It" and late game was just "Cast Maelstrom At It".

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I'm not totally convinced the new Civ 6 expansion is worth the pricetag, but I can tell you that I built Cristo Redentor in the shadow and ash of an active volcano, and later won a cultural victory when my scrappy rock band, Little Bucket, played an epic set at the Phoenician Great Pyramids.

I just finished my first game, and I had a pretty good time with the Maori. So far, I love the grievance mechanic. A few dozen turns after I finished stomping Victoria in the War Of English Aggression, I had one impotent queen hating me from her tiny desert island rather than the entire world hating me forever, because they saw that I only conquered all but one of her cities because she forced me to.

The rock band thing seems like a really good way to spice up and speed up culture victories. It's a unit that you buy with faith in the late game, and you take it to cultural and entertainment tiles in other civs and play concerts to earn tourism against them. And they get promotions that make them better at specific kinds of concerts, and every time you do it they have a pretty high chance of disbanding due to creative differences. It's pretty cool, and adds a little something to the old click next turn until victory model of the old cultural victory model.

I didn't interact much with global warming, because my Maori were damn near carbon neutral, and nobody else got too far out of the Renaissance before I beat them all. But natural disasters in general are much better here than the stupid bastard volcanoes in Civ IV, mostly because it notifies you when they're wrecking somebody else's shop. Also, any damage they do can be repaired with no builder charges, so you don't feel too torn up about it.

I dig the new resource model, where a mine gets you two iron per turn, and then building a certain military unit takes some iron, and then that unit takes one iron per turn for upkeep.

I don't like how civs I hate keep trying to trade me for strategic resources they haven't discovered yet, and I wish there was a box I could check to say "If Victoria asks me for uranium, don't bother with the popup. I'm an immortal god-king, I can't believe I have to deal with this personally every thirty turns. Just don't let her in, you know I'm not going to say yes. Ditto all unilateral demands she makes from her sad, backward little island."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm never fast enough on story quests in endless legend, I'm always kinda dicking around and then I get an alert that somebody is one chapter 1 of their end game mission or something so I have to run across the map to exterminate them

I just wanna see the story of my dusty boys at my own pace

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I picked up Metro Exodus and only had a chance to play the first 30 minutes

So far i don't think it's too different or too buggy compared to the other ones, although those first sections where they slowly introduce you yo shit and there's nothing to scavenge always give me anxiety.

I'm real hopeful about it tho

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Moriveth wrote: »
    They really should change their name. I think a LOT of people are unaware of how racist that story is... Or how racist Lovecraft was in general, actually.

Obviously that doesn't excuse them, though. They should know what they named their studio after!

With basically *every* article that relates to Lovecraft reiterates the racism issues, especially in the gaming space, I kind of doubt that there is no awareness.
    e: wrt Lovecraft, not necessarily that specific story

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Its unfortunate cause Red Hook is a real good name for a video game studio too

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Finally, the reveal that the entire time The Sims have been speaking the language of R’lyeh.

• Options
    Apparently this ties in to one of the storylines (which I had no idea even existed in a Sims game) from Sims 2, about a place called Strangetown that had a bunch of aliens and government experimentation??? https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Bella_Goth#Life_leading_up_to_The_Sims_2

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Aw man I was hoping for a welcome to nightvale expansion

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    videogames were probably a mistake

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    further consideration of the Civ6 expansion leads me to conclude that the Grievance/Diplomatic Favors system is so good that it can never be undone. like... it has to be in Civ 7

Since 5 came out, taking someones capital basically meant you spent the rest of the game 1 vs The World, but now you have options to legitimize being a brutal warmonger (quite realistic, really)

That said, it feels maybe a little TOO easy. I didn't TRY to get diplomatic favors, they just fell into my lap, and enabled me to eradicate an entire civilization for free. I think perhaps the AI doesn't value them enough in trade, it's trivial to horde them

Also the loyalty system even on King feels... a lot less important than I remember it being in the last expac. I didn't have a shred of rebellion after taking 4 cities in 15 turns. Seems... incorrect.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I was wondering why I had the urge to play the sims today. Didn’t think it had anything to do with that intelligible voice from inside my skull.

Strange town is considered a fan favourite map by long time sim fans. Something Sims 2 did that the sequels never did was to give basic storylines in the background and in game play. Stangetown was really good at it. Unfortunately, Maxis/EA realized that most people played the Sims as their own character, and never really followed up on it for the PC games.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Just got to the first big map of Metro Exodus, and I think I am going to like this a lot

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I'm not totally convinced the new Civ 6 expansion is worth the pricetag, but I can tell you that I built Cristo Redentor in the shadow and ash of an active volcano, and later won a cultural victory when my scrappy rock band, Little Bucket, played an epic set at the Phoenician Great Pyramids.

I just finished my first game, and I had a pretty good time with the Maori. So far, I love the grievance mechanic. A few dozen turns after I finished stomping Victoria in the War Of English Aggression, I had one impotent queen hating me from her tiny desert island rather than the entire world hating me forever, because they saw that I only conquered all but one of her cities because she forced me to.

Can you explain this grievance thing a bit more?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

I don't have hands on with the expansion, but following stuff before launch it boiled down to bad interactions between Civs have a points value (eg 100 for a surprise war) and the receiving Civ can do bad stuff in return up to that total value and it will be seen as fair by the rest of the world. So in the Surprise war example, capturing a couple of border cities is a fair recompense for Monty trying to suckerpunch you. The total Grievance value decays over time though, so you can't save it all up forever, but it makes hey, he started it, it was self defence! a far more viable response as you're not the warmonger here.

As mentioned I don't have play so it may change in practice though

Here's where I got that info from

https://youtu.be/sXaw1e0cXyM?t=627

(10 minutes in if the stamp doesn't work)

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Oh I like that. Mechanically it sucks when another Civ gets aggressive with you and then when you try to actually deal with the problems they're causing everyone else is like "what the hell, man, not cool!"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Oh I like that. Mechanically it sucks when another Civ gets aggressive with you and then when you try to actually deal with the problems they're causing everyone else is like "what the hell, man, not cool!"

Another important point pertaining to Grievances and just generally dealing with asshole opponents is that the Cool and Good "Emergencies" system added in the last expac has been integrated into this system of grievance and diplomacy

Prior to this expac, the game made seemingly arbitrary decisions about what actions constituted a global emergency, and could rally coalitions of civs to fight an overwhelming opponent

But it was unreliable. Sometimes you'd get pooped on and that was it, you didn't draw the emergency card

Now, Emergencies are built into the diplomat system, and can be (sort of) bought for points. If someone takes your important city and you're too weak to fight back, if you're at least more popular than your attacker, you can plea to the UN on a number of issues and get people to flock to your banner.

In all this adds a lot of pliability to any given campaign because you have more ways to avoid a game over beyond "hopefully have enough archers"

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

Another important point pertaining to Grievances and just generally dealing with asshole opponents is that the Cool and Good "Emergencies" system added in the last expac has been integrated into this system of grievance and diplomacy

Prior to this expac, the game made seemingly arbitrary decisions about what actions constituted a global emergency, and could rally coalitions of civs to fight an overwhelming opponent

But it was unreliable. Sometimes you'd get pooped on and that was it, you didn't draw the emergency card

Now, Emergencies are built into the diplomat system, and can be (sort of) bought for points. If someone takes your important city and you're too weak to fight back, if you're at least more popular than your attacker, you can plea to the UN on a number of issues and get people to flock to your banner.

In all this adds a lot of pliability to any given campaign because you have more ways to avoid a game over beyond "hopefully have enough archers"

Yeah I like the sound of all of this. Interacting with other AI civs has always felt like more of an obligation than a useful component of the game to me, because it didn't feel like many of their interactions with you made sense.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

In my case, Victoria declared a surprise war on me, which gave me 100 grievance against her. So that immediately made all the other civs a little bit mad at her. When I conquered a city, the pop-up told me that if I kept the city, it would give Vicky 25 grievance against me, which would be either refunded or doubled at the end of the war, depending on whether I kept the city in the peace negotiations or gave it back. So if I took and held two cities, I wouldn't face any political repercussions from the other civs, because they'd all agree that it served her right for jumping me and doing such a bad job of it.

Of course, in this case I took every city she had on my continent, and so the grievance swung in her favor as people went from "Hah, you show 'em, Kupe" to "Kupe, she's down. Man, Kupe, she's tapping out. Kupe!" So by the end she had a few hundred grievances against me, there was some grumbling, and people went from friendly to neutral or from neutral to unfriendly.

But since nobody much liked Victoria to begin with and she was left with one sad city on a desert island, there wasn't a chain of denunciations, and nobody cared that Victoria was denouncing me. And since grievance decays at a pretty reasonable rate, by the time the next era rolled around my relationships with the other civs had recovered completely. Nobody was going to spend the next three thousand years riding my ass about actual ancient history except Victoria.

There are some other neat bits, like the fact that you can declare war with no grievance penalty if someone attacks a city state you control or with reduced grievance if you meet the requirements for a specific casus belli. If not, you can halve the hit by denouncing them and then declaring a formal war after a suitable warning period has passed, which gives them time to prepare but makes you look less like a treacherous psychopath.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, speaking of darkerest dungeon:

v865Amd.jpg
    xQQtnfp.jpg
    BKx5LRQ.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJpXCAUyTSY
    ● Develop and improve your belowground lair with necromantic powers.
    ● Craft undead minions with the body parts of dead enemies.
    ● Advanced fighting system: Know your enemies’ strong points and weak spots to achieve victory.
    ● Turn-based battle system with upward of 50 original minion’s talents.
    ● Intelligent enemy AI, challenging even experienced RPG-strategists.
    ● Three types of necromancer talents for gameplay: alchemy, magic talents, or tactical skills.
    ● Irreversible consequences. Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
    ● Detailed stylized 2D graphics in the spirit of dark fantasy.
    ● Detailed skeletal animations.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/807120/Iratus_Lord_of_the_Dead/

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    After getting 100% in Resident Evil 2 and waiting for the free DLC to come out, I looked at my backlog and decided to play through Blazblue: Chronophantasma and Blazblue: Centralfiction.

I haven't done all the sidestory stuff in Centralfiction yet, but let me see if I've got a handle on the plot.

(Big spoilers)
    Okay, so the world was completely destroyed a long time ago, and the world of Blazblue is actually a dream, like FFX's Zanarkland.

This dream is because back before the world was destroyed, humanity discovered the Lifestream, and found God inside of it. However, once being observed, it was no longer God, but merely an object. Humanity couldn't enter the Lifestream themselves, so they built robot girls to go in and contact the God-object for them. Except then a robot girl connects to the God-object and essentially becomes God herself.

Humanity freaks the fuck out that their soulless robot girl now not only has a soul, but has become God, so they start a war with the robot girls. They get their asses kicked, so they caused the apocalypse, ending everything outside the Lifestream.

The lonely God-Robot girl then dreams up a new world where things continued, but her frame of reference and imagination was limited and things were relatively static and would loop back to the startpoint once the story reached a certain point.

Inside the dreamworld, humanity again discovers the Lifestream and creates new robot girls. Somehow, someone manages to create a robot girl that is an exact copy of the God-Robot girl, though who this was and how they did it is unknown. This robot girl has three "children" (two boys and a girl) though I don't know if they're biological children or clones or what.

Anyway, the copy gets destroyed and the kids end up being raised by a nun. Eventually a bad guy comes and kills the nun and kidnaps the daughter. One boy goes crazy and the other is badly injured and bonds with the Azure Grimoire to survive, which gives him a big connection to the Lifestream.

The bad guy tortures the hell out of the daughter he kidnapped, until the manifestation of Death emerges from the Lifestream and takes over her shattered mind. Later on, a new series of robot girls was being made based off the daughter.

However, the God-Robot's viewpoint has now become distorted and views the copies of her as herself. She wants her brother (the sane one) to come and rescue her, and so whenever he dies she rewinds time to the earliest point that he existed and then continues from there until he dies again.

However, due to time travel, the earliest point he existed is actually like 80 years before he was born. As a result, the time loop starts at 2100 when he appears in the past, and continues to the end of 2199 when he gets sent to the past.

During the loops, one of the events is a giant civil war that was started to cover the creation of a powerful robot girl, as they needed a ton of dead souls to create her. To stop this, some AI in charge of trying to manage the state of the world fires a giant space laser and turns that area into a crater. However, in one of the time loops this actually successfully creates the robot girl, and she wanders off with no memory. Due to the giant space laser, she's actually super charged, and contains the largest piece of the God's soul.

This new robot girl gets adopted, joins the military, and eventually saves the good brother from going back in time in 2199, finally breaking the loop and allowing time to progress to 2200.

The daughter-turned-Death incarnate is now ruler of the world, Gestahl-style, and the jackass that tortured her hangs around as her Kefka. Except he's actually a fake body that was created to house the soul of the "destroyer" counterpart of the God-object. His original being also became an object once observed, and is now a piece of armor that a time-displaced version of the crazy brother is wearing.

The bad guy's goal is to force God-Robot girl into the world so they can destroy her / everything. To do this, they set out causing events that the God-Robot girl would have to fix, but each time she has to fix them she moves closer in the Lifestream towards the world.

Finally, the bad guys win and the dreamworld is destroyed. However, a micro-dreamworld is created where the Chosen are pulled into it to compete. Whoever wins will essentially be the one who creates the new dreamworld.

The sane brother manages to figure everything out and realizes that if any one person's dream is the basis of the world, then it will be just as static and looping as the one they've been in. So he sets off to use his connection to the Lifestream to absorb everyone's dreams into himself. During the course of this, the robot girl that saved him in 2199 learns all the truth about her, and since she possess part of the same God-soul as the Death-incarnate-Sister, is able to merge with her.

Kefka-esque badguy kills the guy wearing his old body and starts wearing it himself, but gets beaten and ultimately destroyed within the Lifestream. Then the robot girl merges with the God-Robot Girl, and the brother takes her dreams as well. Then he enters the God-object and releases everyone's dreams to create the new world, so it would be a world of possibilities. He also erases himself from everyone's memory's to break the loop of reality not continuing if he wasn't there.

So in conclusion, Carl Clover is a complete asshole, that ran out of the credit that his tragic backstory bought him a long time ago.

Did I get it?

About... 75-80% I think, depending how much I want to nitpick. You missed a big part of Chronophantasma's story. The part after the spoiler is completely accurate.

75-80% correct because some is wrong or because some is missing? I got tired of typing and streamlined some bits, like didn't mention the Black Beast or Celica or the Lynchpin. I also played through CP + CF in the span of like a week, so probably forgot some stuff.

I originally played Continuum Shift like seven years ago or whenever it came out. Fortunately CP had that recap to help remind me of some stuff. Also glad to see some fan favorites are finally playable (Kokonoe, Nine, and Jubei) and how surprisingly well they turned out.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So someone actually liked Fallout 76. I use past tense because Bethesda banned him for having having too much ammo after he plugged 900+ hours into the game
    https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-player-who-spent-900-hours-in-game-says-theyve-been-banned/

• Options
    "nobody could possibly like our game this much: BANNED!"

76 sounds nice on paper, but uhh.. yeah, everyone knows the problems

maybe 3 or 4 years from now if they don't just give up, it will be a cool game

• Options
    Bethesda is really gunning for Hottest Mess again this year.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

(Big spoilers)

Did I get it?

75-80% correct because some is wrong or because some is missing? I got tired of typing and streamlined some bits, like didn't mention the Black Beast or Celica or the Lynchpin. I also played through CP + CF in the span of like a week, so probably forgot some stuff.

I originally played Continuum Shift like seven years ago or whenever it came out. Fortunately CP had that recap to help remind me of some stuff. Also glad to see some fan favorites are finally playable (Kokonoe, Nine, and Jubei) and how surprisingly well they turned out.

More because of stuff missing, though there's a few things off there.
    The boundary isn't really synonymous with the Lifestream of VII iirc.
    I don't think the original CT time loop was a dream world, only the final setup in CF. This is probably nitpicking though, there's not much difference when considering omnipotent entities
    The space laser wasn't trying to stop things, it was under the control of the bad guys the whole time - I think it's part of the coverup. The second usage at the end of the original time loop is basically "end this timeline" after Ragna gets sent back to the past.
    I'm fairly sure the way Ragna ends it all isn't by releasing the dreams, but taking them all with himself after eating the dreams of the god-robot-girl to wake her up to create a clean slate.

The biggest thing is probably that skipping Celica/Black Beast/Lynchpin/etc kind of skips over CP entirely.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

oh wow, I quite liked Technobabylon!
    new Wadjet eye stuff is exciting!

• Options
    https://youtu.be/U7MJljsoUSo

Baba Is You finally comes out March 13th, been looking forward to it for quite a while

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Oh also open-world snowboarding/skiing/snowmobiling game SNOW is finally out of Early Access after like 5 years: https://store.steampowered.com/app/244930/SNOW/
    Crytek is publishing it. There's both a free-to-play option that gives you access to a portion of the game's events (some unlimited, some on a time-limited basis) and the ability to buy cosmetics and new gear, the Ultimate Edition is $20 (on sale for $13 right now) and gives you permanent access to all mountains, events, and cosmetics that are available now. Everyone who spent $5 or more on it during early access gets Ultimate Edition for free.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Is that Rob Zombie song Dragula in it?

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    More because of stuff missing, though there's a few things off there.
    The boundary isn't really synonymous with the Lifestream of VII iirc.
    I don't think the original CT time loop was a dream world, only the final setup in CF. This is probably nitpicking though, there's not much difference when considering omnipotent entities
    The space laser wasn't trying to stop things, it was under the control of the bad guys the whole time - I think it's part of the coverup. The second usage at the end of the original time loop is basically "end this timeline" after Ragna gets sent back to the past.
    I'm fairly sure the way Ragna ends it all isn't by releasing the dreams, but taking them all with himself after eating the dreams of the god-robot-girl to wake her up to create a clean slate.

The biggest thing is probably that skipping Celica/Black Beast/Lynchpin/etc kind of skips over CP entirely.
    I think the world presented in the games was always a dream since that plays into the motivations of both Nine and Relius. Then the Embryo was a smaller dream world.

I was a little unclear on the AI system and their space laser since it fired before Mu was finished, but I think somewhere in there it says the bad guys didn't get to take full control of the AI until CP.

Ragna's end also had a few unclear points. I definitely remember him not wanting to base the new world on a single dream. The weird part is Noel merged with the Origin, but then later Ragna is shown talking to Origin inside of Amaterasu (she isn't shown, but you hear her responding). Ragna also saying he'll be with her from now on implies she's still in there so I don't know what was up with that.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm finding Sunless Skies a bit disappointing. The same problem that I had with Seas is here too: it's a great interactive fiction tied to a bad survival game.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Peas wrote: »
    vidya

Overcoat enthusiasts rejoice!!
    (Or brood/mope. Not sure which is appopriate.)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Devil May Cry is extremely Extra in all the right ways

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I carried around the girl party member through almost all of Tides of Numenara.

She was about as useful as a girl with a rock for a god should be.

I just realized the entire game was an isekai story for her.

This discussion has been closed.