As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Serenes Forest with a pretty thorough analysis of what was shown in the Direct:

https://serenesforest.net/2019/02/13/three-houses-february-2019-direct-analysis/#more-49377

They've also catalogued every character shown so far, including which house they belong to:

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/pre-release/characters/

And hey, my wife is in the same house as Edelgard! Black Eagles 4 lyfe

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    They've also catalogued every character shown so far, including which house they belong to:

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/pre-release/characters/

And hey, my wife is in the same house as Edelgard! Black Eagles 4 lyfe

Cool. They're missing the backs of the heads of the two white haired people in Golden Deer, and I'm not sure about the Blue Lions (where you can see the whole class, there's a brown haired boy and a second orange haired girl, and no blue haired boy. But as I said before, that would be one more person than in either of the other two houses...).

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Consider me an early adopter, I'm on the Petra Waifu train already.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hmm the non-lead characters in Black Eagles look the coolest so far.

I am interested to see the rest because this decision may not be so easy.

Definitely between Eagles and Deer though.

edited February 2019
    Back to Binding Blade stuff, I played some more last night. Man, fuck ambush spawns. I had to restart chapter 4 so many times because Rutger spawned and would run up and crit someone or some bullshit like that. One of the attempts I had a bunch of super good level ups too :( (that one I was careless and left my healer in his range T_T) It wasn't even hard, just that I was getting screwed by the ambush spawns. Also chapter 5 is super boring. I wonder if I should have just said fuck it and opened the gate, but I wanted to kill everyone for the ex pees :P

At least I finally have battle preps now so I can dump a lot of the dead weight off like Marcus (I guess he was serving the important role of visiting villages :3) and friggin Wolt (worst archer ever... god damn... WHY CAN'T YOU EVER HIT ANYTHING?!?!). It's gonna be hard to bench some of them though. I think Deike is getting the bench even though he's not bad. But Rutger kind of invalidates him. I also had to bench Wade which makes me sad, but I don't need two axe guys :/ (and Lot has the better stats)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    You don't "need" two axe guys but when you come across Gonzales you need him both because not using him makes you a monster and using him turns him into a monster.

butts
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    They had me at Female Axe Lord.

I hate the MC’s.

The male one is cool as shit, but is retroactively garbage because the female MC version randomly removes pieces of clothing( Metal gauntlets stll there, but gloves inexplicably gone, torn leggings, ect.) that makes me hate the shit out of the design.

Other then that though hype levels high.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    They had me at Female Axe Lord.

I hate the MC’s.

The male one is cool as shit, but is retroactively garbage because the female MC version randomly removes pieces of clothing( Metal gauntlets stll there, but gloves inexplicably gone, torn leggings, ect.) that makes me hate the shit out of the design.

Other then that though hype levels high.

Yeah, it's pretty dumb, but I've given up on Japanese game companies not sexing up the female models. Too much fan service and potentially missed sales to that base. But whatever, we've been down that road way too many times and it doesn't need to get rehashed again.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Where are you guys seeing art of the female MC?

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Lucascraft wrote: »

https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Byleth

Art at the top. More art and in-game shots of each down at the bottom

DemonStacey on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Ahh thanks.

I don't really want to take this off on a tangent, but her design seems fairly tasteful as far as anime girls go.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ahh thanks.

I don't really want to take this off on a tangent, but her design seems fairly tasteful as far as anime girls go.

That is a super low bar to clear.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

You can see both character models at the 2:53 point in the above video.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Yea I get the complaints because there is a change.

But in a vacuum I think they both look super awesome. I'll be playing as the male though so my thoughts on her design aren't quite as important however.

I will say that while her design isn't great, it could have been far worse with the T&A.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    All I can say is that its unnecessary.

Like yeah, the tweaks are minor for the most part but they're so minor that you ask why they were done in the first place.

Dragkonias on
    edited February 2019
    Jookie wrote: »
    You don't "need" two axe guys but when you come across Gonzales you need him both because not using him makes you a monster and using him turns him into a monster.

Oh don't worry, Gonzales is the best character in the game and he 100% will always be on my team once I get him. I assume by then they will give me more slots.

Edit: Oh, and I am fine with the female Byleth. I think she looks pretty good. I am not a fan of the weird belly button window thing, but it's whatever. I'm sure if you reclass her or even promote her she won't have it.

Warlock82 on
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Back to Binding Blade stuff, I played some more last night. Man, fuck ambush spawns. I had to restart chapter 4 so many times because Rutger spawned and would run up and crit someone or some bullshit like that. One of the attempts I had a bunch of super good level ups too :( (that one I was careless and left my healer in his range T_T) It wasn't even hard, just that I was getting screwed by the ambush spawns. Also chapter 5 is super boring. I wonder if I should have just said fuck it and opened the gate, but I wanted to kill everyone for the ex pees :P

At least I finally have battle preps now so I can dump a lot of the dead weight off like Marcus (I guess he was serving the important role of visiting villages :3) and friggin Wolt (worst archer ever... god damn... WHY CAN'T YOU EVER HIT ANYTHING?!?!). It's gonna be hard to bench some of them though. I think Deike is getting the bench even though he's not bad. But Rutger kind of invalidates him. I also had to bench Wade which makes me sad, but I don't need two axe guys :/ (and Lot has the better stats)

Dieck is pretty good. He's essentially a better version of Roy, and unlike Roy, you can actually promote him and use him as much as you want.

Rutger is kind of awesome though, yeah.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    So, does the school have a hyperbolic time chamber or a time portal for children to come out of?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So, does the school have a hyperbolic time chamber or a time portal for children to come out of?

Let's not joke about this.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    The kids were such a non-factor in Fates I'd rather they leave them out unless they tie into the story.

Dieck is pretty good. He's essentially a better version of Roy, and unlike Roy, you can actually promote him and use him as much as you want.

He is good but they are only giving me so many slots and Roy is kinda force deployed :P

• edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Consider me an early adopter, I'm on the Petra Waifu train already.

pistols at dawn sir for she is mine

He is good but they are only giving me so many slots and Roy is kinda force deployed :P

Oh sure. But still, in a game with such horrible growth rates, having a character with good base stats such as Dieck is worth a lot. In my playthroughs, almost all the cavaliers ended up pretty bad so I didn't rely on them for sword attacks as much as I did in other games.

Oh sure. But still, in a game with such horrible growth rates, having a character with good base stats such as Dieck is worth a lot. In my playthroughs, almost all the cavaliers ended up pretty bad so I didn't rely on them for sword attacks as much as I did in other games.

Lance has been getting good level ups for me. Allen has been so-so but not bad yet. The funny thing is Roy has been getting ok level ups but he's so bad it doesn't matter much.. haha

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

But in a vacuum I think they both look super awesome. I'll be playing as the male though so my thoughts on her design aren't quite as important however.

Both of them have blue hair which is pretty much the only requirement for a Fire Emblem MC.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Uggg... Playing the chapter you recruit Sue. Was doing really good, Rutger dodging like a boss, some pretty good level ups all around, most of the map clear. I knew reinforcements came from the bottom rooms so I sent Allen and Saul down to block the stairs. Then.... They came anyways and murdered Saul. -_- (again, ambush spawns are bullshit). They literally walked through him. *sigh* Finally beat it, though not sure the level ups were as good.

Also Sue is a boss. I let her steal Dorothy's bow and she was doubling already with a steel bow (granted, soldiers, but still!)

Next up Ostia. Supposed to be a hard chapter so we'll see. I think I'm forced into Normal difficulty (I wasn't given a choice) so maybe it'll be fine.

I am very tempted to see if I can pick up some of the other games now. It'd be nice to at least get Blazing Blade and Shadow Dragon. Might check a retro game shop tomorrow to see if they have them cheap.

Shadowfire wrote: »

Both of them have blue hair which is pretty much the only requirement for a Fire Emblem MC.

It actually looks more green to me!

edited February 2019
    Welp, Ostia chapter was pretty hard, but got through it eventually. At least it didn't have a bunch of bullshit ambush spawns (I couldn't believe the cavs from the south weren't ambush... I also totally could have avoided them by like a mile but I was arena abusing :P) Sue really needs to get some speed tho, damn... Lugh too, though he's *ok*. It seems like you really feel the speed differences in this game vs. other Fire Emblems. Doubling is a pretty big deal.

I wonder if I should keep babying Shanna. She still kinda sucks but I want her to be good so bad :P She really needs to get some strength level ups tho. Also more speed - I think she gets weighed down a LOT by her weapons. Well whatever, I want the Ilia chapters so it's worth either way

Also debating if I wanna spend $60 on Shadow Dragon complete in box.... I went look around yesterday at used game stores and no one had that (or FE7). A lot of the loose carts are like $40 still, so it's like, if they're gonna charge that much, maybe I should just go the extra mile. And I'd actually like to avoid bootleg repro carts in this case since I don't trust them (not to mention I would wanna play on my 3DS and I know that has some stricter piracy protection). Same for FE7, though that one is gonna be tougher to find. Binding Blade already has a weird stutter whenever I save the game which I suspect is a result of it being a repro, but not like I had a choice there :P At least Sacred Stones I have on my 3DS via Ambassador program (still need to beat that too.. grr). It's a shame Blazing Blade (or GBA in general) didn't show up on the 3DS Virtual Console...

Warlock82 on
    Shadow Dragon sucks, I wouldn't really spend any money on it if I were you, let alone more than the initial retail price.

edited February 2019
    Shadow Dragon sucks, I wouldn't really spend any money on it if I were you, let alone more than the initial retail price.

I know but I really wanna play it, even if it's a little janky :) I just wish all these games weren't so damn expensive now :/ I just wanna play them on original(ish) hardware. Though for FE7 I'd totally settle for a virtual console like solution - which, I GUESS I could do on Wii U, but it's packed away atm :/ I know Shadow Dragon is on there too but I have to think that's gotta be super jank with the weird dual screen setup

Edit: I do really really wanna get a repro cart of FE12 at some point though. But I kind of hate the current translation patch because it doesn't use officially localized names and it bugs me.. haha.. (just like right now "Deke" and "Klain" are driving me crazy in FE6).

But there's a new one in the works here https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/69176-updated-fe12-translation-patch-beta-2-released/ so I kinda want to hold off and see if it gets finished (it was in limbo for a bit but seems back on track, fingers crossed)

Warlock82 on
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Maybe my eyes are old, or I saw a blackboard first and filled in the blanks accordingly. The experience-bar above a student says "Need", but I struggle to see anything but "Nerd".

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I've been going back over the direct video looking at things, pausing in weird places, etc. to see if there's any more to glean.

And my favourite new detail: the way Ferdinand sits while in class.

m0cazjxeh5ki.jpg

I'm a little worried. In the first trailer we saw that there are classes that wear kilts...

(Sorry for the double post, but it's been a couple days.)

After more digging, and some time looking at others' speculation, I've got some ideas about how things might work in this game. I don't think that Intelligent Systems is going to give us a too many classes, instead allowing each class a significantly new amount of customisation. I think what will happen is that the first tier will be the ones we saw in the direct:

6ncbpsngp20m.jpg

Mercenary, Thief, Knight, Cavalier, Brigand, Archer, Mage, Priest, [Pegasus Knight]

[I'm including Pegasus Knight as being in since we saw them in the first trailer, and know characters can train in a Flying Skill. Though why they've chosen to not make the exam list one space bigger and show them too is weird if that's all of tier one... I think the yellow line at the top signifies that the exam list is scroll-able, and it might include every exam you can take (including tier two promotions) right from the start.]

You'll start as a Noble (a zero'th tier), and perhaps have a cap of C-Rank in every Skill, while maybe requiring an E+ to actually wield something. (Though I have no concrete basis for the latter, it seems like it would work better to me than just letting people go hog-wild on weapons without doing at least a touch of Tutoring.) As we see in the above, the Brigand exam requires a C-Rank in Axes and an Intermediate Seal. So let's say at this point Edelgard has capped her Axes, Swords, and Authority at C-Rank, has a D in Reason, and an E in everything else. She promotes to a Brigand. Now her cap for Axes goes up to A, Swords and Authority to B, and everything else stays at C. She can still use Swords. Hell, you could choose to tutor her in Reason up to a C and get some mid level magic going - but you wouldn't be able to bust out Thoron as a Brigand. You'd be maxed out at C-Rank.

And then maybe there's a Berserker exam, that requires an A-Rank in Axes, B in Authority, and an Advanced Seal. This further increases your Axes cap to SS, making them the only ones who could wield the best Axes. But if you put the Tutoring time in, you'd still be able to wield mid level Reason Tomes, Bows, etc. (As a Brigand.)

Conversely, if you Tutor Edelgard in Heavy Armour, you could build your rank high enough to take the Knight exam. And despite the Knight's Sprite having a Lance, you'd be able to use your Axes as a Knight. You would just hit the Axes cap quicker than the Brigand/Beserker route, and so not have access to top ranked Axes like you would in that promotion. But it'd increase your Heavy Armour cap, allowing you to become an Axe wielding General, or (if you Tutor up some Riding) maybe have the required Exam Skills to become a Great Knight.

So if promotion requires both Seals and Skill levels, how do the latter work? Well, to start it appears that characters have "natural" Focuses in certain Skills, that are their Strengths.

For example, in the direct we see the player setting Linhardt's Goal List. There are two Skills boxed off (their Strengths) and the option to Custom Focus on two others of your choice. Linhardt will normally have Goals of Reason and Faith, and you can stick with them (and have the character grow quickly in their "natural" path), or change it to say... Faith and Riding, as they do in the direct. In which case Faith would grow quickly, while you slowly added Riding levels (to unlock promotes that require said levels). This would mean Linhardt could promote to anything, but that an eventual Sage would be much easier and quicker to achieve.

p0rd6pczigkg.jpg

In a shot from the Japanese direct (above) we see the results of hitting "Yes" that we don't in the English. The Goal List (bottom left) has changed to Faith and Riding [the E in a diamond up top seems to signify that you're having your character work on the Custom, instead of "natural" Focus], but in the Goal List we can still see the up arrow beside Faith remains, while Riding doesn't gain one. So Strengths aren't changeable.

We also get a look at Tutoring with a different screen featuring Dorothea (Japanese version below). Points to note:
    • Dorothea's current Goal List is bottom right (and is for Swords and Reason, her Strengths per the blue arrows).
    • When training that skill, Strengths add +2 exp gained.
    • The down arrow suggests characters will also have Weaknesses. They presumably add -2 exp gained when tutoring.
    • The Index Fingers are (per VincentASM's analysis at SerenesForest) "Teacher Bonuses" [I'm going to call them "Professor Bonuses"]. They also add +2 exp.
    • The Professor Bonuses are set to Swords, Axes, and Authority.
    • In the Japanese direct, the character has completed an E+ rank increase in Authority, and is almost to a D in Swords. Compared to the English, where she just has a touch put into Reason and Faith.
    spfiafmtcjeb.jpg

So, my conjecture on these points.

First, I'm going to speculate that the Professor Bonuses are the result of the Group Task option on the Begin Lessons Plan screen (that we don't see shown off). I think the player has set their group to have a bonus to Swords, Axes and Authority for the benefit of Edelgard, but it's effecting everyone. The Japanese player has taken advantage of this to give a quick boost to Dorothea's Authority and Swords, while the English player has ignored it.

Second, we see that the Goal List doesn't seem to have any effect on the Professor Bonuses, so that's not what it's for. We also saw from the Linhardt screen that it doesn't effect what are Strengths (or Weaknesses, presumably). So I'll say that the Goal List is associated with the Professor Levels we see when Petra kills someone in the direct (below). I was wondering why the layout for that seemed to have three spots, but only showed Swords and Authority. My speculation is that the Professor Levels exp that one will gain will be the two from the character's Goal List, plus one from whatever weapon is being used. As Petra is wielding a Sword (one of her Goal List's Focuses) it only shows the two due to the overlap. This might also explain why her Sword's Professor Level gets more exp than her Authority.

Thirdly, while we only see one Weakness, I'll speculate that every character will have two, to match their two Strengths.

4fp97dla7ipc.jpg

How does all this effect things? Take Dorothea for an example. She starts with a D in Reason and an E+ in Swords, which are also her Strengths, and an E in everything else. She has a Weakness in Faith, and I'd guess probably Heavy Armour as well. So you start off the first mission as a Noble equipped with a Reason Tome, and maybe a basic Sword. Or at least the ability to trade with Petra or Byleth for a Sword. You might not be able to use either of Bernadetta's Bows if you trade for them. Or Caspar's Axe. But you could probably knick that unnamed character's Reason Tome. Her Goal List starts set to Swords and Reason.

During that first battle you toss a bunch of Fire, and riposte beautifully. Every time, you get exp in your Professor Levels for Swords and Reason. (A bit more in which ever weapon you actually did damage with). After the battle, you decide you like this, and so keep her Goal List matching her Strengths, and during Tutoring you focus on these Strengths as well. In no time at all, she'll have high ranks in Swords and Reason, and be able to take her exams in Mage'ry or Mercenary'ing. If you go with the former, you'll unlock higher caps for her Reason, the latter for Swords.

Alternatively, you decide you want her to become an Armour Knight with some healing. So after the first battle, you go and change her Goal List to the Custom Focus of Heavy Armour and Faith. During Tutoring you shove all your work into these, but they're Weaknesses so it's slow going. In the next battle, you still don't have an E+ in Faith, so you can't wield healing magic yet - you're stuck still tossing Fire around and battering people with a dull blade. But! After each engagement you now get a little bit of exp into Reason/Swords, a little into Faith, and a little into Heavy Armour. And after a while you'll be an E+ in Faith, and now you can use those Tomes and speed up the Faith Skill growth. A bit after that, you'll have enough Faith levels to promote into a Priest. Or a long slog of slow Tutoring later, a Knight. Kind of a bad Knight, because a Knight will probably have low caps in Faith, but a Healer-Knight nonetheless!

k3l180ippgj4.jpg

Another thing we know is that Combat Arts are returning from Shadows of Valentia as we see Bernadetta use Curved Shot in the direct (above). (Back in the first trailer it was also noted that Edelgard had Vantage, and Byleth had a skill symbol as well.) Take note of the "Until Class is Mastered" bar in Petra's exp screen. It does not seem to be related to the experience gained, or the level of the character. I think these class skills from previous games might have been folded into Arts in general, and I like the speculation that I've seen that the Class Mastery will grant a class' Art once reached (rather than gaining class skills at set levels as in Awakening and Fates). So, for example, if you promote someone up to Sniper and achieve Class Mastery, that might unlock... Close Counter (let's say) as an Art for that character.

With Bernadetta we can also see that there are icons for Bows and Lances with "Lv1" noted on each. At first I thought this was really weird: shouldn't that be E or D-Rank? Then I saw someone suggest that it's somehow related to the level of Arts one can use with various weapons. So Bernadetta has (what may be) her "Personal Art" (the icon of the person on fire, assuming they return from Fates), and can access any first level Arts inherent in Bows and Lances due to having basic proficiency in them. As the character increases their Skill Ranks, maybe they'll get access to higher level Arts with those Skills' weapons.

This could come together to effect how you choose to promote your units. A Sword wielding Cavalier might be more useful than a Sword wielding Mercenary (due to the increased movement). But if a Merc only requires a C-Rank in Swords||Axes while the Cav needed C-Rank in Swords||Lances||Axes||Bows||Reason||Faith && Riding, you'd be able to master Noble (for the Art) and immediately promote into Merc and start mastering that and working your way towards Hero||Swordmaster. Whereas passing the Cav exam would take longer for most, offering fewer Arts and less levelling while in a promoted class.

Slowly working my way through Binding Blade. I saved Lilina last night. Man, what a shitty chapter. It wasn't even hard, just super super tedious and time-wastey. Once you get to the first treasure room it turns fun, but before that it's just boring as hell. Also jesus Wendy sucks. Like, I heard the memes and everything but holy crap, she nearly died twice before I could get to her - BECAUSE OF ARCHERS. I had to park her off in a corner to hide. What kind of armor knight can't take a freaking arrow? Well whatever, three bench warmers that chapter :P I wanna try to make Lilina good so hopefully I can use her. She was doing ok, though she needs some speed level ups. Lance and Allen continue to dominate and be awesome. Sue has been ok but never doubles which hurts. But she chips which is helpful for feeding kills to some other units (and she doesn't do bad damage for an archer - she'd be killing things if she could hit twice).

Now it's time to go get Durandal and I have to figure out who to bench because deployment slots are stupid low :/ I may sit out a healer in favor of just bringing Clarine but maybe that's a bad idea.

Also I am loving this game, even if it's super janky in places. It is so freaking fun tho.

Slowly working my way through Binding Blade. I saved Lilina last night. Man, what a shitty chapter. It wasn't even hard, just super super tedious and time-wastey. Once you get to the first treasure room it turns fun, but before that it's just boring as hell. Also jesus Wendy sucks. Like, I heard the memes and everything but holy crap, she nearly died twice before I could get to her - BECAUSE OF ARCHERS. I had to park her off in a corner to hide. What kind of armor knight can't take a freaking arrow? Well whatever, three bench warmers that chapter :P I wanna try to make Lilina good so hopefully I can use her. She was doing ok, though she needs some speed level ups. Lance and Allen continue to dominate and be awesome. Sue has been ok but never doubles which hurts. But she chips which is helpful for feeding kills to some other units (and she doesn't do bad damage for an archer - she'd be killing things if she could hit twice).

Now it's time to go get Durandal and I have to figure out who to bench because deployment slots are stupid low :/ I may sit out a healer in favor of just bringing Clarine but maybe that's a bad idea.

Also I am loving this game, even if it's super janky in places. It is so freaking fun tho.

Wendy can end up pretty amazing (she's really fast for a Knight), but yeah, I don't blame you at all for not taking a shot at training her. It's a lot of tedious work.

edited February 2019

Wendy can end up pretty amazing (she's really fast for a Knight), but yeah, I don't blame you at all for not taking a shot at training her. It's a lot of tedious work.

I mean, anyone can be amazing if you baby them, but she is just not worth it. An armor knight that isn't tanky just seems bad. She should be happy I made a +10 of her in Heroes and she's good in that game :P

Anyways, beat the Durandal gaiden last night. I forgot the gaidens are like weirdly easier. The map kind of turned into "train Roy and Lilina because no one else actually got decent experience from the stuff." Also everyone got some amazing level ups so overall a success. Also fuck that boss. The thrones in this game are just way too damn good. Had to pull off some mad rescue strats to secure Lilina the kill, considering she did like 8 damage to him and had like a 33% hit rate. So stupid. But everyone else did almost nothing and got doubled. I managed to score a crit with Rutger to get him into killing range at least.

Edit: Speaking of Roy and Lilina:

Warlock82 on
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Nurture Emblem? Bold.

edited March 2019
    Ok, Binding Blade is ramping up the difficulty. I'm most of the way through the Western Isles but I've had to reset each map sooooooooooo many times. Usually due to some bullshit like a 3% crit or not meeting the objectives in time and wanting to restart for them (though sorry, fuck that silver sword village... I was not restarting just for a silver sword).

I'm on the A route at the moment. Just recruited Echidna who is awesome. Also I am determined to use Gonzalez, best character. He has shit skill but he's been getting some points in it so he's hitting more now.

Freaking 11A though. What a cluster of a map. Though crazy enough, an extremely enjoyable one too. I probably reset this one more than any others, usually due to some bullshit like Klein not moving or that God damn Killer Bow getting a crit on Lance. Eventually got the map down to a science. Ferry Lance and Allen (A support) over the wall to murder all the archers and brigands. Rutger, Clarine, Roy and Lilina go south, the rest go east. Eventually I figured out a good position for Clarine to sit to recruit her brother (not like any of the archers hit her, except of course her brother with his silver bow... That was a fun reset...). Had one run where I literally beat the map, died to arena abusing. *sigh* Another where Lalum had to basically hump the boss to recruit Echidna and then I couldn't get her away in time and she was one shot :/ In my victorious run I got some insanely good level ups though so as far as I'm concerned all the resets were intentional :3

Currently Lance and Allen are gods (especially Lance). Rutger too. Fir is trying her best to get there. She got a lot better that map. Lilina has been leveling a lot of speed which is amazing. I'm giving her the speedwings next chapter too so she's going to be a powerhouse of a unit. Even Roy has been getting ok level ups. He still sucks but like, he can kill axe guys and sometimes even double them... Trying to make Sue good. She got some much needed stats in 11A so she's a bit better now. Debating if I bring her and Klein or bench one or both tho...

Have a feeling deployment slots are gonna be tricky coming up. So many characters I wanna bring. Already benching some I like :/

Edit: Lilina so goooood
    v089z9euh9af.jpg

Warlock82 on
This discussion has been closed.