As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield] - 2042 - Launches Nov 19th

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    KMkGJ0A.jpg

YUP

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Well that’s encouraging! It was always really tough to pick out prone enemies.

steam_sig.png
  • canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    Is that more for PC crowd because the graphics look wack.

I dont really have to much of a problem seeing dudes on the ground. Here's hoping for improvements!

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    That is across the board, not just PC.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Campers in low-light spaces are basically fucking invisible as is, so I welcome this whole-heartedly

On one or two occasions I've proned dead centre on top of a capture point and multiple enemy squads including a tank milled around about 5-10 meters away from me and didn't notice me until I started sniping heads

It was a farce

BRIAN BLESSED on
    edited February 2019
    Campers in low-light spaces are basically fucking invisible as is, so I welcome this whole-heartedly

On one or two occasions I've proned dead centre on top of a capture point and multiple enemy squads including a tank milled around about 5-10 meters away from me and didn't notice me until I started sniping heads

It was a farce

It mainly a prone thing to me.
    - The low light
    - The complete inability to tell the difference in a corpse or active MMG guy
    - The abundance of dark and gray unis - its almost as if cosmetics make the game worse when you cannot quickly tell friend or foe visually. And the smarter among us change unis per map get every advantage possible.
    - Back prone is a stupid addition.

mojojoeo on
  • GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I have never had any problems with seeing enemies, at least I haven't died "unfairly". But I have a very cautious style of playing, I rarely run willy-nilly.

I hope that they haven't gone overboard and made enemies light up because my playstyle relies on careful positioning, hiding in the bushes etc.

Now I can't play because the client crashes in the main menu. First time I've had big problems with the game.

EDIT.

3 times crash in the main menu, after that no problems.

Performance is a lot better than pre-patch, with my potato 3570k @ 4.2GHz and GTX660.

Grebnu on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    My visual acuity is not what it used to be so I have a hard time detecting enemies that are far away or nearby in low light. It's why I primarily play assault and medic. Anything that makes prone/crouched enemies easier to see is a plus to me.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    Grebnu wrote: »
    I have never had any problems with seeing enemies, at least I haven't died "unfairly". But I have a very cautious style of playing, I rarely run willy-nilly.

I hope that they haven't gone overboard and made enemies light up because my playstyle relies on careful positioning, hiding in the bushes etc.

Now I can't play because the client crashes in the main menu. First time I've had big problems with the game.

EDIT.

Performance is a lot better than pre-patch, with my potato 3570k @ 4.2GHz and GTX660.

Is performance better or did the patch reset your settings to low?

• GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Grebnu wrote: »

EDIT.

Is performance better or did the patch reset your settings to low?

Nah, I already play with a mix of mostly low and couple of medium, everything was as always.

Not a single stutter when I played. Usually I would get an occasional stutter, nothing big and it doesn't bother me (PC is a tad long in the tooth already).

Do any of you guys on PC notice a disparity in weather/foliage/smoke with your video settings?

There have been a few times, not generally many, where I die and I’m just left wondering how they even saw me. I know smoke can be wonky where you’re more heavily affected in the smoke than someone outside looking in would be. However there are some times where I’m shot through foliage and I can’t even see through it much less try to pick someone out. I think it’s just video settings disparity since I’m playing on ultra, but wanted to ask since this conversation has come up about seeing enemies.

I’m also sure it’s not just a random shot hitting me as it’s very targeted fire at me.

steam_sig.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    Do any of you guys on PC notice a disparity in weather/foliage/smoke with your video settings?

There have been a few times, not generally many, where I die and I’m just left wondering how they even saw me. I know smoke can be wonky where you’re more heavily affected in the smoke than someone outside looking in would be. However there are some times where I’m shot through foliage and I can’t even see through it much less try to pick someone out. I think it’s just video settings disparity since I’m playing on ultra, but wanted to ask since this conversation has come up about seeing enemies.

I’m also sure it’s not just a random shot hitting me as it’s very targeted fire at me.

Could also be that you were tagged, maybe by a scout or flare. I occasionally fire at tagged enemies that I can't really see.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    Drovek wrote: »

Could also be that you were tagged, maybe by a scout or flare. I occasionally fire at tagged enemies that I can't really see.

Ahh true. Maybe that’s it. One of those choke point things where I’m not paying attention to MG fire not directed at me. I’ll have to remember that.

steam_sig.png
    Started the vehicle week challenges last night and surprisingly they weren’t too terrible. Got through a few in one match. I was afraid finding a vehicle or being able to accomplish the tasks would be very difficult to line up but so far I’m ok with how it’s going. Some will of course because you need a tank but most seem to be accomplishable in the half tracks or other vehicles.

steam_sig.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    a 24/7 Panzerstorm server would be a godsend for this week.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • HadesHades Registered User regular
    That's essentially what they did with the conquest tanks playlist. Hamada, Twisted Steel, Arras and Panzerstorm only.

So how do you find the conquest tanks playlist? I looked today and couldn’t seem to locate it.

Also, mowed through the first half of the weeks challenges in about 4-5 games but only 2 of the maps were worth it on Hamada and panzerstorm. Now for the back half. That last gate to the reward looks like it might take awhile since it’s a “while attacking” one.

steam_sig.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    So how do you find the conquest tanks playlist? I looked today and couldn’t seem to locate it.

Also, mowed through the first half of the weeks challenges in about 4-5 games but only 2 of the maps were worth it on Hamada and panzerstorm. Now for the back half. That last gate to the reward looks like it might take awhile since it’s a “while attacking” one.

I dunno about a playlist, I just looked at Server Browser and set it to Conquest and about half the servers out there were running Conquest Tanks.

edited February 2019
    Ohhhh. I thought it was servers set to only run that map rotation. Ok yea I know how to search for a map.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2019
    Finished the tides of war week finally. That last one is a doozy. Took me forever because I refuse to tank snipe. People are idiots when driving and tanks just don’t live long :-(. Also, the last assignment for chapter 2. Hahahahahhaha! Get 20 kills in objective areas in one life. Haha hahha. Oh thank goodness that’s only 1 of the 3 and the other two are less hilariously stupid.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

It was a farce

It mainly a prone thing to me.
    - The low light
    - The complete inability to tell the difference in a corpse or active MMG guy
    - The abundance of dark and gray unis - its almost as if cosmetics make the game worse when you cannot quickly tell friend or foe visually. And the smarter among us change unis per map get every advantage possible.
    - Back prone is a stupid addition.

Apparently (according to the patch notes) there was a bug in how lighting and shadows affected prone soldiers. So yeah...that was an actual problem and not a subjective thing with individuals' eyes.

As for Brian Blessed's post, Jackfrags did a video doing a visibility test where he'd pick a spot that was fairly well trafficked, go prone, and see how long he could go without dying. It was kinda ridiculous. I'm looking forward to his updated video with the visibility update in place.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I'm really hating that last one for this week's TOW.

I also have most of the top ones up to completion, but even trying to find a squadmate with a tank/track and then repairing that... why can't it be a teammate-driven one?

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    edited February 2019
    Drovek wrote: »
    I'm really hating that last one for this week's TOW.

I also have most of the top ones up to completion, but even trying to find a squadmate with a tank/track and then repairing that... why can't it be a teammate-driven one?

I’m just doing the top row and am stuck on the 100 dmg in 1 life. I’ve gotten all the way to 99 but just can’t seem to get it all the way across the finish. And I think I played 6 rounds today just to get the last 15 kills while attacking for the weekly TOW. Gosh that was awful. That averaged to just over 2 kills that counted per round when I could actually get a vehicle in place AND it’s a flag I need AND I don’t get surrounded or sniped. Ugh.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • LindLind Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The final mission this week is insanly shitty. I cant belive i dont get credit as a driver when my gunner gets kills. Makes calling in tank destoyers pointless. Whoever designs the weekly missions and thought it was a good idea that you had to have tanks to finish them and only spawn in a few on each map needs to get fired.

I'm out.

Lind on
    They reduced the final mission to 5 kills.

Hades wrote: »
    They reduced the final mission to 5 kills.

Please tell me it is retroactive.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I’m just doing the top row and am stuck on the 100 dmg in 1 life. I’ve gotten all the way to 99 but just can’t seem to get it all the way across the finish. And I think I played 6 rounds today just to get the last 15 kills while attacking for the weekly TOW. Gosh that was awful. That averaged to just over 2 kills that counted per round when I could actually get a vehicle in place AND it’s a flag I need AND I don’t get surrounded or sniped. Ugh.
    I think I just might company coin this tank. I'm at 100k+, so....would keep me sane.

I am also going on the top row. I solo'd an idiot Tiger on Panzerstorm with an assault, resupplying at a station in between, and ended at 98/100. I ran to another point, saw another tank, missed with a Panzerfaust (was a LONG range shot, I was desperate), and was then sniped.

I was so pissed.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    I completely fluked that one. I had dropped a couple AT mines at a resupply, then ran away. Few minutes later I got a 4x kill notification. Apparently I blew up a tank.

edited February 2019
    If you got more than 5 kills then you got the Stug. It might take some time to show up in your armory though.

Hades on
  • canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    Think they said if you had more then five already you just had to get one now...

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
    Tank related question, is there a camera setting that maintains the turret's current position when swapping between first and third person? Having the camera view go forward while I have the turret swiveled to the rear is somewhat disorienting.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • SledGodSledGod Registered User regular
    Why would they design a ToW week around just ground vehicles? There aren't that many tanks for me to kill each game and I'm competing with other players for them.
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    I completely fluked that one. I had dropped a couple AT mines at a resupply, then ran away. Few minutes later I got a 4x kill notification. Apparently I blew up a tank.

Maybe I should just drop mines periodically and otherwise play normally. Seems way less stressful.

So for the dmg to tank I was spamming AT mines and just waited to get one to pop then used my panzerfaust. I got sniped or otherwise discovered so many times before I could complete it. I’m still salty that killing a full hp tank gave me 99/100.

Also with the tank camera. Is 3rd person view useless for anyone else? It seems the circle does not match up with the firing point. I end up swapping like a psycho to check for infantry around me and for driving but then back to 1st for shooting due to superior aiming sights and actually shooting where the crosshairs are.

steam_sig.png
  • ErrorError Registered User regular
    I don't know why more people don't drop anti tank mines. You can deploy 3 at a time, they are persistant on the map after you die, and 2 on top of each other will take out anything. Added a grenade to those two mines and destroyed 2 tanks at the same time. I think. I died too. But man I'm pretty sure.

Use an incendiary grenade to detonate your mines for extra flair.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Use an incendiary grenade to detonate your mines for extra flair.

Out of curiosity: will melee attacks detonate a mine? I'm just having Colonel 100 thoughts of seeing a knife emblem killing a tank in the kill-feed.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Hades wrote: »

I did this, yet still no StuGIV

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2019
    Looks like it's a pretty common problem.

Hades on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I just learned from JackFrags that you can complete some weapon assignments in Combined Arms, solo. Time to cheese some weapon masteries.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01