As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Interesting, I thought all event draws were now BSB+.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    There's apparently gonna be one of those DENA interviews tonight, an hour after normal "Things happen" time, talking about the KH event. So I guess that's an opportunity to maybe learn about some of the stuff in the event 23 hours before it actually happens.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I am getting excited. Feels like stuffs happening.

• Options
    So, that Shooting Star weapon.

It's a 6-star Keyblade that has a Fire, Ice, and Lightning boost effect on it. It's basically The Best Sora Weapon, or at least the most convenient one (I imagine any number of 6-star Swords will outclass it, but being a Keyblade with all of Sora's elements on it, it's something that you can Rosetta to full and pretty much superglue to Sora's hand, and he'll do fine if you have his Soul Breaks).

...and they're making note that the common Daily Draw will have a chance of dropping KH relics during the event. The chances of actually getting one from a pool of literally everything is pretty bad, but it's neat that that's even a thing that's possible.

And finally, we're getting 30 days of an extra Mythril per daily login, looks like.

edit:

Ah, the help menu has info on EX and Awoken modes for the new characters. Looks like Axel is actually a hybrid, with soul breaks that can be magic or physical. He really is just Reno! Except the chases include the Wind element as well, which could be just for flavor.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Another 6* +ice weapon is just fine by me!

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Another 6* +ice weapon is just fine by me!

Mind, it's a Keyblade, so it's only gonna be useful for Sora and (if he can use Keyblades) Axel. It's kind of like that SSB doll for Lulu that has +Ice. If you have stuff for the characters who can wield it, it's great.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah I think I mulched my last Keyblade for a rosetta. This one might make a rainbow crystal though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    My Keyblades are currently in the vault; Riku's Ultra proved very useful, but the Keyblade associated with it doesn't have +Dark, so I've been having him use Vayne's O sword instead.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Pasting from Reddit:

CSB Dream Relic Draw: JP hasn't done one, but the DeNA seems to be interested for Global. Seems like there are some issues that need to be ironed out. They will consider it regardless.

All the mainline KH games will have some representation in the event. Sorry Data Sora fans, you're out of luck. It looks like that they are saying their are three events, one for each KH game!

World Hearts (KHI) brings back the old wardrobe records. People seem to like the Tyro black robe.

In Trembling Twilight (KHII) adds Roxas and Axel, along with their respective memory crystals. The developers noted that both characters were very popular, and the KH team overlooked development of the event.

Spun From Light (KHIII) adds Sora's and Riku's wardrobe records. The team reiterates that they worked hard on the events.

Roxas will have knight and darkness access. LD gives holy up and blind resist. Axel has celerity, black magic, and sharpshooter. LD gives him fire + and resistance to paralysis.

Four AASBs (Sora, Riku, Roxas, Axel)
    No indication of the actual banner releases or what will be on them beyond the AASBs and new Yuffie USB and Dark Cloud AOSB and USB (datamining tonight?)
    Three events in all, no indication of the number of banners, but with the number of 6* in play, it's a safe bet to assume "at least 2."
    There's an in-game sweepstakes later this month for KH.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    So many announcements... okay um getting a bit hyped also.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    small nitpick, but I assume by 'overlook' you mean 'oversaw?' like, 'they worked with us on it?'

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    small nitpick, but I assume by 'overlook' you mean 'oversaw?' like, 'they worked with us on it?'

I assume. I was just copy/pasting

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Banner Info

I think Fest banner 3 might still be better.
    Javen wrote: »

I think they meant overlooked like they didn't do an event for KH2 but should have.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited February 2019
    So, Sora's Awakening:

Deals 15 Fire/Ice/Lightning/Non attacks to a single target, temporarily increases his Fire, Ice and Lightning attack levels by 3, and grants him Awoken Spellblade mode. Awoken mode makes Spellblade hones infinite, increases his damage cap by 1 level (from 9999 to 19999), and causes every third Spellblade attack to trigger Blitz, dealing 10 Fire/Ice/Lightning/Non attacks to the target.

So it doesn't grant him Automatic Dualcast, like some Awakenings; it looks like it wants to lean really heavily on that stacking damage buff and the weird third-ability chase. I can only hope that Blitz does a lot of damage. Or it maybe could give him dualcast, but the example video shows him not dualcasting. I'm wondering only because this sounds a lot like Bartz's awakening, except Bartz does get automatic Dualcast in the awoken package. So I hope Sora's example video was some form of error. It'll still be plenty strong, but dualcasting is the shit.

Riku:

It's what you expect. 15 Dark attacks, Awoken Darkness mode and cap break, and each Darkness attack triggers a 5-hit attack.

Enlong on
  • Options
    https://ffrk攻略.gamematome.jp/game/780/wiki/装備召喚事前告知情報_KINGDOM HEARTS SERIES連動装備召喚

Banners are up. 2 banners. Sora/Riku on first, Roxas/Axel on second.

Only 3 new items on banner 1, 5* glints are out

• Options
    So Yuffie's new USB is just an earth version of her water USB2.

"Just"

• Options
    Seriously.

RIP Kelger for anyone who gets that Yuffie Ultra.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Reading the page in Google Translate is fun.

Remember, the Ravid Spinner weapon is only for Accelerator.

edit:

The new Cloud Dark ultra seems neat. Not Ultra Cross Slash neat, but neat. It gives him Endark (I think), makes Heavy Charge be added twice at a time, and makes him chase Dark attacks with a 4-hit ability. Makes for a pretty strong Dark Impact user.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Honestly, the bits we're learning are making me a bit more meh on the whole thing. I may toss one pull on each, but I'm definitely not going hard.

• Options
    I'm definitely gonna try once each; I'd love for Sora to have something worth having (the lack of his Glints actually works in my favor this time, though the Burst is meh), and I could really use Roxas as a proper strong Enholy character. Pecil's Burst 1 and Overstrike is kinda... lacking, lately.

The new relics are all pretty great, mind. It looks like the Awakenings for the 4 characters do indeed do dualcast, so that's that sorted.

I suppose my best bet would be to chase Roxas and KH Cloud, but I'm kind of a sucker for RIku ever since I got his Ultra, so I can't do no pulls on his banner.

• Options
    All I got last time was Sora fire glint, so yeah - lack of glints generally works for me, but.....eh.

Also, apparently the fire/wind guy has no way to get enWind?

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    All I got last time was Sora fire glint, so yeah - lack of glints generally works for me, but.....eh.

Also, apparently the fire/wind guy has no way to get enWind?

He does not. It would seem that Wind is largely a flavor thing, due to his tendencey to turn flames into big tornados.

That being said, the changes to the way multi-element stuff interacts with things in this game might let him use the Awakening on Meltdown, even if he's hitting Wind damage? I'm not sure on that.

Still, they gave him Celerity access, so I feel like they still expect someone to try and use him for Wind.

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    I feel like the banner reveals took some wind out of my hype when I think back about how little (i.e. never) I used the Riku USB I got from the half price pull last year. Extra pulls can go toward AASBs in whatever configuration the anni banners come in, for characters I actively use (Tidus, Terra, Bartz). Will look them over tomorrow and make a decision - I like the idea of getting stuff for KH but I feel like it isn't as useful to me as say, a few pulls on the all chain banner for instance.

• Options
    I personally got a ton of use out of my Riku Ultra, but that's me and my situation.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Aww I was hoping to pick up some of Sora's glints.

There's still some good stuff in there, but not break the bank before 4th anniversary good.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I did the half priced pull last KH banner and ended up with a glint and LMR I’ve never used. Hard to justify pulling this time.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I've used all my KH stuff extensively, but that's more because en-element > ability spam > Glint > AOSB is extremely strong. I rarely touch Sora's or Riku's USBs, to be honest.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I use Riku's USB + Legendary materia for Siren, Sora's BSB for other stuff Bartz isn't strong against. I'm excited to pull, not so excited to fail at pulling

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Riku arcane + legend materia is in my Siren team. I also use that team for a lot of regular event content.

Apparently Squall Awakening plus burst is super silly, so I imagine that Sora Awakening plus burst would also be super silly.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I'm 10/14 on banner 1 with 200 mythril saved

I should just keep saving for fest but I have a feeling they're going to split up the Terra Bartz banner

• Options
    Looks like the full banners never made it in here. Here's the whole list:
    Banner 1:

Sora's Two Become One (6* Keyblade)
    [AASB "Master Hearts", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    15 single-target Fire/Lightning/Ice/NE ranged physical attacks, Fire/Lightning/Ice Damage +30%, Spellblade Awakening Mode, Cap Break Level 1 & Blitz to user
    Spellblade Awakening Mode: Unlimited Spellblade Hones, Spellblade Ability Boost & Dualcast Spellblade
    Blitz: After using 3 Spellblade abilities, chases with 10 single-target Fire/Lightning/Ice/NE ranged physical attacks, higher multiplier if Riku is in party

Riku's KHII Guise (6* Light Armor)
    [AASB "Dark Cannon (KH)", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    15 single-target Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Dark, Darkness Awakening Mode, Cap Break Level 1 & Dark Barrage to user
    Darkness Awakening Mode: Unlimited Darkness Hones, Darkness Ability Boost & Dualcast Darkness
    Dark Barrage: After using Darkness abilities, chases with 5 single-target Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, higher multiplier if Sora is in party

Sora's Fenrir (6* Keyblade)
    [UOSB "Ragnarok", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    3 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning Overflow ranged physical attacks

Riku's Oblivion (6* Keyblade)
    [UOSB "Aura of Darkness", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    3 single-target Dark Overflow physical attacks

Yuffie's Shuriken (KH) (6* Thrown)
    [USB "Landscaper [KH]", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    10 single-target Earth/NE ranged physical attacks, Physical Blink 1, En-Earth & Stone Shatter to user
    Stone Shatter: After using Earth abilities, chases with 4/6/8 single-target Earth/NE ranged physical attacks under 0/1/2 Physical Blink

Sora's Lionheart (6* Keyblade)
    [USB "Strike Raid", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    10 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning ranged physical attacks, Critical Chance +50% & EX "Connected Hearts" to user
    EX "Connected Hearts": ATK +30% & chases Fire, Ice or Lightning Spellblade abilities with 4 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks

Riku's Way to the Dawn (6* Keyblade)
    [USB "Dark Firaga", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    10 single-target Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Dark, ATK +30% & MND -30% and Darkhand Scourge to user
    Darkhand Scourge: After using Dark abilities, chases with 5 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks

Squall's Twin Lance+ (6* Sword)
    [USB "Double Junction", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    10 single-target Ice/Fire physical attacks, High Quick Cast, Double Junction & Brave Mode to user
    Double Junction: After using 0~8 Ice or Fire Spellblade abilities, Spellblade Damage +30~70%
    Condition: Use Spellblade abilities
    Level 0: Single-target Ice/Fire physical attack
    Level 1: Single-target Ice/Fire Overflow physical attack
    Level 2: Single-target Ice/Fire Overflow physical attack
    Level 3: Single-target Ice/Fire Overflow physical attack

Sora's Metal Chocobo (Keyblade)
    [BSB "Ars Arcanum", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    8 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning physical attacks, ATK & DEF +30% to user, Burst Mode
    Attack -> 2 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning physical attacks, +1 Combo, maximum 3 stacks
    Defend -> 4~7 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning/NE physical attacks, number of hits/multiplier/critical rate is dependent on Combo level

Riku's Soul Eater (Sword)
    [BSB "Darkhand Helm Split", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    8 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, Burst Mode
    Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, 0.825s CT
    Defend -> 3 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, Darkness Damage +15% for 3 turns

Riku's Gloves (Bracer)
    [GSB "Darkhand", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    En-Dark, En-Dark Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Riku's Riku (KH) (Light Armor)
    [LMR "Seeker of Darkness", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Sora's Sora (KH) (Light Armor)
    [LMR "Connected Hearts", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    25% chance to Dualcast Spellblade abilities

Yuffie's Guise (Light Armor w/ Water resist)
    [LMR "Finders Keepers", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    When using Ninja abilities, 25% chance to grant user Physical Blink 1
    Banner 2:

Roxas's Omega Weapon (6* Keyblade)
    [AASB "Magic Hour", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    15 single-target Holy/Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Holy, Knight Awakening Mode, Cap Break Level 1 & Dual Braver to user
    Knight Awakening Mode: Unlimited Knight Hones, Knight Ability Boost & Dualcast Knight
    Dual Braver: After using 3 Knight abilities, chases with single-target Holy/Dark/NE Overflow ranged physical attack

Axel's Wildfire (6* Thrown)
    [AASB "Explosion", +5 ATK & +5 MAG upon Mastery]
    15 single-target Fire/Wind/NE ranged hybrid attacks, En-Fire, Fire Awakening Mode, Cap Break Level 1 & Fiery Tornado to user
    Fire Awakening Mode: Unlimited Fire Hones, Fire Ability Boost & Dualcast Fire
    Fiery Tornado: After using 3 Fire abilities, chases with single-target Fire/Wind/NE Overflow ranged hybrid attack

Roxas's Twilight Blaze (6* Keyblade)
    [UOSB "Event Horizon", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    20 single-target Holy/Dark ranged physical attacks & single-target Holy/Dark Overflow ranged physical attack

Axel's Eternal Flames (6* Thrown)
    [UOSB "Burst Inferno", +5 ATK & +5 MAG upon Mastery]
    3 single-target Fire/Wind Overflow ranged hybrid attacks

Cloud's Durandal (6* Sword w/ Dark boost)
    [UOSB "Dark Finishing Touch", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    3 single-target Dark Overflow physical attacks

Roxas's Guise (6* Light Armor)
    [USB "Unleash Keyblade", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    10 single-target Holy/Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Holy & EX "Key of Destiny" to user
    EX "Key of Destiny": ATK +30% & chases Knight abilities with 5 single-target Holy/Dark/NE ranged physical attacks

Axel's Prominence (6* Thrown)
    [USB "Dance Flurry", +5 ATK & +5 MAG upon Mastery]
    10 single-target Fire/Wind/NE ranged hybrid attacks, En-Fire, Quick Cast 1 & Dance Flurry to user
    Dance Flurry: After using Fire abilities, Quick Cast 1 & chases with 4 single-target Fire/Wind/NE ranged hybrid attacks

Cloud's Cloudy Wolf (6* Light Armor w/ Dark boost)
    [USB "Black Blossom", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    10 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, Heavy Charge Booster & Darkness Blow to user
    Darkness Blow: After using Dark abilities, chases with 4 single-target Dark/NE Overflow physical attacks

Roxas True Light's Flight (Keyblade)
    [FSB "Limit Boost", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    6 single-target Holy/Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Holy & En-Holy Stack to user

Axel's Magma Ocean (Thrown)
    [FSB "Fire Wall", +5 ATK & +5 MAG upon Mastery]
    6 single-target Fire/Wind/NE ranged hybrid attacks, Instant Cast, En-Fire & En-Fire Stack to user

Cloud's Buster Sword (KH) (Sword)
    [BSB "Sonic Blade (KH)", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    8 single-target Dark/Wind physical attacks, En-Dark, Burst Mode
    Attack -> 3 single-target Dark/Wind physical attacks, Quick Cast 3
    Defend -> 3 single-target Dark/Wind physical attacks, +1 Heavy

Roxas's Ominous Blight (Keyblade)
    [LMR "Mysterious Keyblade Wielder", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Axel's Blaze of Glory (Thrown)
    [LMR "Organization Traitor", +5 ATK & +5 MAG upon Mastery]
    En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Cloud's Cloud (KH) (Light Armor)
    [LMR "Light Seeker", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
    When using Dark abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I will be so angry if I get more copies of Yuffie LMR.

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I'm 10/14 on banner 1 with 200 mythril saved

I should just keep saving for fest but I have a feeling they're going to split up the Terra Bartz banner

Even if they do we wanted both right? No matter what they will have at least one banner with at least two AASBs. Usually they make global fest banners have more top prizes but screw up the lower stuff.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    shit! not Squall's USB4! Well I think I'm pulling on both. I mean, Sora is multi element and more Wind Options aren't bad in Axel. Also, I want Roxas to retire my Orlandeu lol.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    By the way, today's Daily Draw will reset an extra time when the KH event begins. Meaning you get 2 daily draws today, if you draw before and after the event begins.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I’m kinda bummed that Sora’s glints got left out. Without them, no way am I pulling hard on these banners.

Makes it easier to save the mythril for future fests though.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    I’m kinda bummed that Sora’s glints got left out. Without them, no way am I pulling hard on these banners.

Really? Can I ask why?

I'm the exact opposite. I got all Glints and no useful pieces for Sora last time, so I welcome a chance to get his actual good stuff this round.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

Really? Can I ask why?

I'm the exact opposite. I got all Glints and no useful pieces for Sora last time, so I welcome a chance to get his actual good stuff this round.

I have none of Soras glints, and only his USB. Which means LD is his only source of enelement, which is on a short timer starting at the start of battle when all the buffs etc are still being built.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Daily hit; Edward burst. The imperil holy one.

This thing is a funny mix, huh.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Daily hit; Edward burst. The imperil holy one.

This thing is a funny mix, huh.

It is, isn’t it? Imperil Holy, 50% ATK buff, and burst commands that damage him to use (because he’s so frail, I guess)

Works well with current Bard abilities, I think. Give him Ode to Victory or even double up on ATK buffs with Warrior’s Hymn, and he can get a team of Knights going.

This discussion has been closed.