As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Well I've got a small predicament, I'd like to merge some units but not sure which boons to take:
    Brave Roy: +HP vs Neutral
    Summer Tana: +Res vs Neutral

In both cases taking the neutral options gives a +1 to Atk and Spd. My current thinking: Roy should take the neutral option since, although he can apparently be built defensively, that +1 can make a huge difference in puzzle-y modes like GHB. Tana I'm a little more torn on, since she sometimes wants to be able to tank a hit from a mage and Res is a superboon. Still, she is an offensive unit so she could probably use the microscopic boost...

My gut says Roy Neutral, Tana Res. If only because I've found having res tanks super helpful for modes like arena assault and such. It's nice to be able to tank a hit from a mage or razzle dazzle healer. Though I'm not sure off hand what res boon gets her in terms of stat lines. If it's a super boon I would assume high res?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Neutral, on both. Tana, I think also neutral, even though Res is a superboon. Even at like 29 or so with the superboon, she's kind of on the cusp of being a decent ploy user. If it brought her into the mid or high 30s, then I'd maybe say go for it. But the +1s on those neutral units should at least get you another point in Attack and Speed, each, at least. I'd rather have that.

Kasyn on
    edited February 2019
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Neutral, on both. Tana, I think also neutral, even though Res is a superboon. Even at like 29 or so with the superboon, she's kind of on the cusp of being a decent ploy user. If it brought her into the mid or high 30s, then I'd maybe say go for it. But the +1s on those neutral units should at least get you another point in Attack and Speed, each, at least. I'd rather have that.

Oh it's that low? Then yeah, go neutral. For a superboon I was expecting it'd knock her up to at least 35+ res. 29 res is pretty trash.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Oh it's that low? Then yeah, go neutral. For a superboon I was expecting it'd knock her up to at least 35+ res. 29 res is pretty trash.

Yeah I thought she was a Res tank in all forms but I guess not, was surprised to see it that low.

Full glass cannon!

edited February 2019

Lol, this one amuses me. Though subtle spoilers I guess (or more like the joke doesn't make much sense if you don't know the spoilers)

Edit: https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/category/character/

Updated with tomorrow's banner + Panne art. Panne looks super young in this art...

Warlock82 on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    +HP/-Def Selkie on just the second orb. I'm very happy with this result.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited February 2019
    Managed to pull two copies of everyone so pretty happy. Most are +atk too except for Kaden who was +def (it was that or +hp).

Would still like to pull one more Keaton so I could give beast valor to one of the Herons, but I'll wait for free summon tickets and stuff from forging bonds before I try anymore (did try a bit and got pity broken by Sanaki which I was totally ok with because I really like her - though ugg, she's +atk and my current one is +spd, so no idea which to go with....)

Warlock82 on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Snagged a +DEF -SPD Keaton on the second orb. That seems decent, given his weapon dunks his speed anyway.

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    My luck started bad but ended up pretty great. In about 140 orbs I got 2 keatons, evil Celica, Hinoka, and Kliff.

First Keaton is -atk +def, and now I'm torn on whether to merge into him or use special spiral elsewhere. Thing is, while transformed and with a 44 defense wo dao bonfire, shit just dies regardless of attack bane. Not sure the extra 3 atk is worth the transformative effect of special spiral.

On the other hand... More and more follow-up nullification methods exist, meaning special spiral QR Ike is less reliable. Choices!!

Acheron on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Time to document this: 1161 orbs going in with the tickets as well:

+HP -DEF Selkie exactly 100 orbs (and all the tickets and free redeem) in
    +ATK - SPD Selkie 40 orbs after that (1022)
    Random +RES -ATK Leo comes out a 3 red 2 green pull 20 orbs later
    +ATK -HP Selkie at 800 orbs left, finished the round and got Redhardt -ATK +SPD so it's a benchardt
    5* Legault at 751 orbs left ;_; why are there even 4-5* units
    +HP -RES Selkie at 628
    God damn you Shigure why are you also a 4-5*? 559

I guess this is where I'll stop. I was hoping for a +res one to appear. Not sure if I want to go with the superboon HP or the ATK boon yet. The extra HP benefits from her extra stats from her res based bonuses, but more ATK is always tempting.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Lol, used my first free summon ticket, 3rd Keaton. Haha... So Leanne has her Beast Valor (well, once I grind sp on her... Grrrr, want double sp every day back!)

Spoiler for the latest story chapter and tempest trials conclusion:
    Dead Dad Redemption

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Panne is a cavalry unit! I mean, a rabbit horse? But she has Chill Speed! Praise be! I knew I made the right choice procrastinating on foddering off my Evil Celica to Cordelia!

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Ended up going with a +HP Selkie and giving her fury and Brazen ATK/RES seal until I can one day give her ATK/RES solo. Happy with how she is performing as a unit so far though. Touch fluffy tail <3

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Snagged a +DEF -SPD Keaton on the second orb. That seems decent, given his weapon dunks his speed anyway.
    I got the same IV and gave him death blow / fierce stance seal. He almost turns into Arden without the movement limitation.

If you're bringing melee, you better one shot him!

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    edited February 2019
    There, leveled all the new heroes (was waiting for double sp... I miss the double xp/sp event already T_T). Also Cain who I spent 20k feathers on to get to +1 because he's been sitting in my barracks forever driving me crazy. I had one at level 40, 5* but he was -ATK (pulled on one of those fodder banners... kinda miss those...) so I never really built him or did much. Finally decided to promote a 4* +SPD one to fix his IVs. He's still pretty trash being a launch hero but hey, now he can stop bugging me when I scroll passed him in my barracks :P

Really not sure where to go next. Gotta save 20k for Panne but I'm at like 51k at the moment, so ~2 other promotions I can do (if I send a few dudes home and/or farm HM). Think I may start focusing on getting everyone +1 to remove their banes... (at least, everyone in the 3*/4* pool that is)

I'm also literally 10 dew away from being able to do another good refine. Blehhhh... though I need to spend 2 normal refines also to get there - no idea who I should go with... :/ I guess once Rival Domains resets this weekend that will be the 10 dew I need.

Warlock82 on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    :D Last ticket got me a +Atk/-Res Nephenee.

This has been a really good banner to me, getting good IVs on her and Selkie in <40 orbs.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    What color is the next Legendary/Mythic hero?

Nobody knows yet. Hard to imagine him as anything but a sword user, but 5/5 of the red legendaries are swords, I have to imagine they're going to break that up at some point.

Well, it says blazing Lion... Beast unit Roy??

Oh wait has Summer Micaiah not been on a legendary banner yet? I thought this month would be Myrrh for sure but maybe I can skip this one.... Sorry, Smash main

edited February 2019
    Nobody knows yet. Hard to imagine him as anything but a sword user, but 5/5 of the red legendaries are swords, I have to imagine they're going to break that up at some point.

Yeah I really don't see Roy as anything but sword. You can't really do Legendary Roy and not give him Binding Blade (a power-crept version of course). Which is a shame but whatcha gonna do. If Summer Micaiah is on this with him I will totally forgive them for making him red. Which I think she has to be? It's like her and Xander left before we get to Halloween.

Which, for the love of God, I need to mass pull for Halloween Kageros. I didn't try that hard (ok I did try and only got semi lucky) on the original because who expects a dagger to be good? But she's friggin amazing and now I wanna plus 10 her. She's on my aether raid team at the moment. But she needs more res and stuff to tank the faces

Warlock82 on
    I do. I expect daggers to be good.

But just Sothe. Build him tank, never look back.

They have been getting better, but still I'd say the majority of them are trash. Sothe is good though, although moreso with merges (which is the problem a lot of daggers have)

They have been getting better, but still I'd say the majority of them are trash. Sothe is good though, although moreso with merges (which is the problem a lot of daggers have)

Thankfully he's not a 5* exclusive!

At the low, low cost of like four 5* exclusive skill inherits, you, too, can have a Sothe like mine.

Or just, like, use mine in your brigades.

Thankfully he's not a 5* exclusive!

At the low, low cost of like four 5* exclusive skill inherits, you, too, can have a Sothe like mine.

Or just, like, use mine in your brigades.

Haha yeah, I think I have mine up to +7 at this point or something. Mostly because he keeps pity breaking me (he's not 5* exclusive but he's in the 5* pool). One of these days I will finish him. He is high on my priority list

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Aversa really provides major help for aether raids when attacking. I need a better player phase setup though as enemy phase focuses teams aren’t going to get me to tier 21. I’ve lost 5 fights now even with the three use escape ladder.

I suppose I could be less stingy and build up some of the random bonus units other then Hector and Fjorm.

I think I am just gonna barely miss aether raid tier 21 :/ Basically I need a deathless win tomorrow and to not lose aether on defense, which probably isn't happening :/

Or I need two wins tomorrow but I don't think I get enough aether back for that...

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I really like Panne, but her stats suffer from the jack-of-all-trades syndrome. And there's not much exciting about hey base kit. I 5 starred her anyway 😃

mts wrote: »

Yeah I saw that. I really really don't think it will be the case, but it could be interesting if it is. Honestly they'll probably just reuse one of the sounds for the gold orbs

God I hope there's a way to cheat the system. I'll just be over here memorizing orb sounds:

https://youtu.be/BH2giTPJ4VM

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    The guy did say he would update after pulling

camo_sig.png
    Panne is deceptive with the hidden +3 stats due to her weapon. I five starred her and decided to add to her invisible stats by giving her brazen atk/def. Now she offers a nice physical tank alternative to my magic tank Selkie in the blue cavalry beast department.

That's an .. oddly specific niche to already have so fleshed out. Really need more green and red beasts in my barracks, blue is crowded with Nailah and Selkie and Naesala and Panne.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I expect they'll all just use the colorless orb sound or something, but that would be awesome if it worked.

s7Imn5J.png
    I'm up to 305 orbs. Probably my highest count yet. I hope it's enough. This banner is probably gonna have normal rates, huh? I wish it were like, Hero Fest rates.

Well, Lyn, of course.

+4 it is!

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, all orbs sounded the same. I got myrrh

steam_sig.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Myrrh would be good, or Duma. Even Azura would be ok, just as long as I don't get Lyn...
    He got Lyn