As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

double [chat]

1939495969799»

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    8eVVAvol.png

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I don't want to be at work today.

I should have taken a mental health day or something.

I wish I could take something like that.

Me too. I meant calling in sick.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    So this is gonna be on page 100 unfortunately, but I don't have time to wait for a new [Chat].

The No Glitches Allowed speedrun marathon starts today, which benefits the Go Rescue Pet Adoption Center. It's a marathon for people who want to watch runs that are glitchless or "no major glitches."

What's important of course is that I'm doing commentary for the No Major Glitches category of the Cross Code run that starts in a few minutes. You should watch :)

@cB557

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Also, something as core infrastructure as a thermostat (where you live it can be a matter of life/death, massive property damage from frozen pipes, etc), there should be failsafes around firmware updates where it can gracefully exit mid-stride back to a prior version, or even be smart and wait for a 60-70 degree day before trying to run one. It's a thermostat. It will be fine without a firmware update most likely.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Finally, I've posted anime fan art.

I've become the very thing I once swore to destroy.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I can't tell if my joke about that being a normal belt is just bad or if it's obtuse and bad

I appreciated it!

rRwz9.gif
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I have a smart belt that tracks my weight gain and smoothly conveys that information to the user during a standard use case.

does it cinch threateningly when location data indicates that you are near an e.g. bakery

i don't need no judgmental technology

if i want to get a croissant, i get a damn croissant, and i don't need a belt trying to get between me and my baked goods

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Putting tech shit in our close seems cool, but we don't really have a system in place to deal with the waste.

How do you dispose of electronics anyway?

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Nike execs are already sitting around a boardroom saying

"Our smart shoe isn't selling. Why not?"

"Smart shoes are out of style. The new trend is blockchain."

"Great! Design a shoe that's on the blockchain!"

Check in on Steppr, the social media platform for your feet!

(six months later)

We regret to announce that we are banning adult content from Ste-[traffic to the site drops to zero as the foot fetishists move on as a bloc]

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I'm done with milk
    It's too temporary
    Every pour is a change in quality
    Cream works better in coffee

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    Pip pip Cheerio
    god save the Queen
    Tea is grand

A terrible attempt at imitation, this, probably from a thirty eight year old American with a beard.
    As a 38 year old American with a beard I can say with confidence probably.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Wearing new jeans for the first time

They are pleasantly stiff and dark indigo

However they are snug in the tum region >_>

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    Pip pip Cheerio
    god save the Queen
    Tea is grand

A terrible attempt at imitation, this, probably from a thirty eight year old American with a beard.

Yeah, everyone knows that people from the UK talk like pokemon except they just say like "Brexit brexit, brexit Brexit brexit?" while minding the gap

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I was pleased to find that I could round up all my IoT devices, put them into a group on my router, and shut off their internet access with little to no loss of function when you're on the LAN.

I like this so much more than my frigging lightbulbs being on the internet.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I basically lived in one pair of jeans last year and finally got some hemmed

I love my new grey jeans because they go with my black nikes

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 1.4

@Sir Landshark will create the new thread
    @TL DR is backup

This discussion has been closed.