As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Resident Evil HD REmake and Resident Evil: Zero HD released, REmake 2 announced!

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Dirty wrote: »
    I decided to play as Claire since I never really played a game focused on her before. Am I right assuming the majority of the game is the same no matter who you pick?

The path you take is largely the same in the RPD, and exactly the same after you leave. Aside from a few small sections, and in some of those shared sections, the enemy layout is different. The secondary characters you meet are different, and each character gets different weapons.

Javen on
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Claire's game is a little easier so it's a good first run through. Her grenade launcher is civilization.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I wish I had played Claire first just because of a certain room that's different.
    When I got to the interrogation room as Leon and saw the glass was already broken, I figured they just decided to not repeat the licker encounter from the original. Then I got there in my Claire run and knew what was about to happen.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So for ghost would a shotgun or grenade launcher be a better choice over the magnum?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    The majority yes but the big differences is the characters you meet. Leon gets to interact with Ada and Claire teams up with sherry .

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    magnum for speed, gl for safety King Riptor"
    Ah. The magnum did let me breeze through the last bit fairly easy. I was in training though so I wanted to be sure

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Mr. X sure is Ada and Leon's villain much more than Claire and Sherry's

Speaking of, I think I'm about to go up against G3 with something like 30 Magnum rounds, 800 fuel, and about 20 shotgun rounds. I could make 10-12 more shotgun rounds, or I could make like 6 more magnum rounds and then beau coup handgun ammo, bringing along the Matilda. Any advice?

dN0T6ur.png
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    You are more than prepared for that fight already. I would make the shotgun rounds, I suppose? Matilda isn’t nearly as good for that fight, I don’t think. Shotty will do work against the weak points. Magnum will do the grunt work on the main weak point.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    G3 fight? Stun and knife. Stun and knife

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Small Carbon footprint done.

Only trophies i have left are complete Hunk and the dumb
    Ada with only using her sci-fi hacker gun and sherry room escape in 1 minute.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Sherry escape actually has a easy trick to it:
    The blocks are in fixed positions, just random faces. So if you put in the block you get from the Worlds Creepiest Doll, then swap block 2 with block 1, then block 3 with block 2 (counting from the left), they'll all be in the right place. Then you just turn them to match.

Ada is just a matter of knowing where you're going and being willing to tank if needed (you can survive one bite, and that should be all you need)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Anyone got a good guide for finding all the raccoon statues?

dN0T6ur.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Anyone got a good guide for finding all the raccoon statues?

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/15/resident-evil-2-remake-mr-raccoon-locations/

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I took the time this weekend to extract the Mr. Raccoon locations from online guides and input them into a mobile outliner app on my phone. Been using that to checkmark them as I go.

Down to only missing 2, and both are in the Ada section. So now I'm playing Leon again.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I think the term ghost survivor is supposed to imply that they did pretty damn good, but ultimately they fail to make it out of Raccoon city in time.

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    I think this DLC is a really cool thing to do and a fun idea, but also not really my thing. I'm not as into the pure action side of things.

Yeah I like the 4th survivor mode but I was disappointed to find out this wasn't more story content.

Capcom has generally always avoided expanding on Hunk's story, leaving him more to be the Boba Fett of RE.

Oh I meant, based on the early talk of the Ghost Survivors, I thought the DLC was more story content.

What we got was fun, and I am enjoying it, and it's free to I can't really complain, but I feel like I was a little disappointed to not get Kendo's story expanded upon.

What would everyone want out of paid DLCs?

I think it would be really cool to have an Alternative B mode, a third run if you will, that is more distinctive than the built in 2nd run.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    I think the term ghost survivor is supposed to imply that they did pretty damn good, but ultimately they fail to make it out of Raccoon city in time.

At least 2 of the scenarios are plausible though.

I think its more what if a nail popped the tire scenario. In this case the nail is a knife, a radio and uh that last one actually happened let's be honest.

re: Ghost Survivors and RE3
    RE2 is supposed to take place over the night of September 29th until the morning of September 30th, and Raccoon City gets nuked late October 1st, so the Ghost Survivors had a decent amount of time to get out of the city.

While they're technically non-canon, there's nothing really stopping Kendo's story from actually occurring since he didn't die onscreen (at least in the remake).

Personally i'm hoping we see Kendo
    In the RE3 Remake

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ghost Survivors has that weird mix going on where half of them are plausibly canon, and half are surely not.
    Kendo and Ghost's absolutely could have happened, but Warren and the Sheriff could not.

I wonder if Kendo's guy will end up being the chopper that saves Jill at the end of RE3. Or if he's gonna get Nemmy'd.

Oh brilliant
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    There's a lot of complaints about the lack of side story and yeah Runaway is totally not at all possible but the little blurbs do expand on the backstories of Katherine and Robert a good bit and Ghost was just made for this.

Katherines answers why she went with Irons in the remake, Roberts explains what happened to him after Ada and Leon left.

I do like how every post I've seen regarding Ghost has been "no this actually happened it makes a ton of sense for it to".

The sheriffs is kind of the weakest over all to me tho, tho it does explain why he's in the gas station trying to subdue that zombie.

SkutSkut on
    Oh X you're so funny.
    No item box run did not pick up gears right away knocked down X after picking up the jack and went right for the library did the bookcases went up the ladder got onto the walkway killed the two zombies and made my way to the locked door to grab the gears from attic unlocked door X slams it open almost as soon as i do and decks me.

Man it says I'm missing 2 raccoons but I double checked every area in my Claire run and I saw the empty bases.

I know I got the Leon/Ada exclusives and the B exclusive too. I made a point to.

Oh well guess I'll do a Leon B

I'm dumb and didn't keep track of which raccoons I was blasting, and I also have two left.

I'm gonna have to look up a guide and see if there are any I don't remember getting and then just rely on my habit of having a ton of saves in different areas to get to the ones I still need.

Burnout Paradise used to have a thing on the Criterion website where you could upload your save file and it would tell you exactly which barriers and billboards you hadn't smashed through yet, which was pretty nice. Of course, it had 400 things to break instead of only 15.

Trophy stuff
    I don't know why i was so worried about doing a Hunk run i got it on my first try at 12 minutes 22 seconds though the final stretch i screwed up badly on i tried to flash bang run past the plant zombies in the stars hallway and suffered badly for it and in the underpass outside the RPD at the very end i tried to run past a zombie after clearing and took a bite and got turned around and ended up going back the way i came. I limped to the finish line in danger with a Mr X gunning for the kill. Then did a Leon assist to hurry and get the Ada super spy trophy which was way easier then i figured it would be. So now i just need sherry escape and hardcore Leon for the platinum.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Maybe they could put the witcher in survivors like what they did with monhun for some reason

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    If they're going to put anyone in survivors, it should be Dante. He might be a bit overpowered, though.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Lol PUBG crossover? That seems out of place.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Resident Evil 2 looks super ugly when rendered on a phone in the PUBG game engine.

Oh neat Id try that-

*Mobile game*

Oh .

Oh.

So how about those raccoons huh? How much do you think they cost? They got little motors and are made of porcelain. They gotta be 60 bucks easy

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Lol PUBG crossover? That seems out of place.

Gotta crossover with something.

They could of held out for something good though!

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    It's been a long-ass time since I played RE2. Loaded up Resident Evil HD to get the right flavor going, forgot how enjoyable that game despite even the modernized clumsiness. Obviously the big things in RE2 are no surprise to me, but still...

Fuck you, random zombos that won't die.

Fuck you, lickers.

Fuck you, asshole architect who built this madhouse of a museum-turned-turned-police-station. You put two damned elevators in the place, and neither of them are to actually go to the upper floors! Whyyyy?

AND FUCK YOU, MR.X.

All in all, having a great time in Raccoon City. Really enjoying have new-ish Resident Evil that is actual survival horror and not just super-mega-action 24/7. Definitely looking forward to replaying in hardcore mode.

Someone machine learned the original RE intro up to 4k.

https://youtu.be/Bwv9cqd-pbU

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    Ok a little off topic, but here is the Silent Hill 1 intro remastered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76hYxa6id_k

I think my game is glitched. I definitely have all the raccoons but it says I'm missing 2 and Ive triple checked at this point. Its very annoying

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    So now I'm in the sewer.

Just wanted to say this game is pretty good.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    So now I'm in the sewer.

Just wanted to say this game is pretty good.

Got through the madhouse of the Police Station, with its insane door situations, aggravatingly durable zombies, and stompy dickweasels.

You know what the sewers made me miss? The Police Station. Because at least being waist-high in shit was just figurative there.

This discussion has been closed.