As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Offworld Trading Company] New trading RTS by Soren Johnson

124»

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    What has really seemed BS is my limited time playing is that, as soon as you find anything close to a nice spot, 2-3 of the AI corps drop their HQs there before you could ever hope to react, and that you can't do anything similar, since at least on Campaign you are the only one doing any scanning (unless there is some option I'm missing?). And on low resource maps, that probably means you're going to have to pay out of your nose for anything that uses it as they reap fat profits over their near-monopoly.

Have felt completely justified in dropping a base for full map reveal, seeing where the good spots are, and then restarting, scanning to as close to a location as possible without spoiling it, and dropping my HQ to instantly grab it before anyone else.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Also pay attention to the cycle of resource scarcity. You can make a ton of money early off extra power, but that gravy train ends pretty quick. Next is usually steel, then sillicon at the end.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    schuss wrote: »
    Also pay attention to the cycle of resource scarcity. You can make a ton of money early off extra power, but that gravy train ends pretty quick. Next is usually steel, then sillicon at the end.

Crashing the energy market after a competitor just bought the Water Reactor/Cold Fusion patents is always kinda hilarious. Especially when you're Robotics, since you're still get use from them via adjacency bonuses and paying for shipping.

Anyway, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Unfortunately, I've already blown my gaming budget on Battletech, so I'm going to have to wait until the next time it goes on sale and hope I have the cash then.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I probably said this last year but this game is utterly fascinating even when I suck at it.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Here's a bit of a necrobump, but they're releasing another DLC here at the end of February beginning of March.

I highly recommend you did the game back up again. There are a lot of new CEOs with different abilities and the campaign mode has a few new campaign types, as well as certain building restrictions or allowances. I've been having a blast for the last week and a half.

There's one CEO in there that's developed transparent aluminum, so he can build with aluminum instead of glass, if aluminum is cheaper than glass which is almost always is. The caveat is that he has no glass forges.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but I had a situation where aluminum became way more expensive than glass and so I was forced to pay 22k for upgrading my base with glass when I actually had enough aluminum lying around to just build it out of aluminum anyways.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Transparent aluminum you say? Is he shipping a lot of whales?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Oddly, no.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN