As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

From the ashes of Titanfall rises [Apex Legends]

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I was in a round with a level 60+ rando who found one this morning.

It sounds awesome.
    He couldn't get a kill with it before our squad was ambushed running from the circle.

• WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I'm shit at shooters and have been having decent luck using the Wingman and Peacemaker on PC, since those are both guns you don't have to land a lot of hits with to get a kill. Any automatic weapon I'm trash with.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    It took a while before I saw a Havoc, but then I found one and also ran into three different enemies using it.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Can it have both hop ups at the same time or is it either or?

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It has one slot.

Their functions are also completely different. Select fire enables a charge up single shot and turbocharger removes the charge up from the full auto.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It has one slot.

Their functions are also completely different. Select fire enables a charge up single shot and turbocharger removes the charge up from the full auto.

I mean, I'd love having a charged up single shot and a full auto with no charge up that I could toggle between.

I think it's cooler that you have to choose though.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The Havoc is in the training area now... but there are no attachments in the training area.

They should put attachments in the training area.

august on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I still think that the training area needs the most improvement out of anything in the game

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    It is really maddening that you can only use Lifeline in the training ground. And also it'd be real nice to try out all the attachments and doesn't seem hard to implement?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i want to practice dropping over and over

liEt3nH.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    That new NES/Zapper themed skin for the Mastiff is really nice.

Shame it's almost 20 bucks.

Lasbrook wrote: »
    That new NES/Zapper themed skin for the Mastiff is really nice.

Shame it's almost 20 bucks.

The limited edition cosmetics are weirdly expensive

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    whales are a significantly more valuable financial market than most people think

liEt3nH.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I think the combat slide may not be an effective tactic or it has just not been used effectively against me, I've had like three people try to stunt on me with a slide and they just slid mouth first directly into my gun each time

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Woo, I've won my first game with a squad composed entirely of my pals. They both got zero kills and died and the only two kills I got were on the last remaining squad shooting wildly with a peacekeeper but hey, they were the only kills we needed to win!

I won two other games with randos, and one where we 3v1'd a guy and he still almost took us all out, so this is the first one where I felt like I actually earned it

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Highlight of my night was getting a basically blind grenade kill. Person I killed had a havoc with a turbocharger too.

Turns out that gun is pretty good.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Didn't get a win tonight but got very close and got what is 100% the coolest kill I'll ever get

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Hey I’m playing this now! Add me on Origin: NovaDelphiniX

I’m not super experienced in Battle Royale games so I’m gonna be super bad for a while.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    I have found fully kitted weapons twice now and I think they're fuckin cursed, both times I had gone "Hey a fully kitted weap-" and then BLAAAAAPPPP someone with a machine pistol and five billion kills drills my brains out

Enjoy the peacemaker you fucker!

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Thanks for the OP add, @Lasbrook!

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Got teamed up with a guy who has like 170 kills and a guy who has 2987 kills last night.

Other guy died dumb and didn't stay with the group but I lasted until right at the end, though all I was really doing was dropping shields and flushing dudes down with airstrikes, but the other guy turns out is a professional streamer, not one of the big ones but big enough he just plays this and H1N1 all day and makes a living.

He used that shitty hand shotgun and wrecked shit with it

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So nice thing. If you somehow have all the skins and a new gun drops, the apex packs will only give skins for the new gun.

Like, This will never happen to me, but it is still nice they aren't horribly gouge people by giving shards to dups of stuff before that gun came out.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Wow I can’t even get the game to launch! I managed to get to the main menus twice, both times the game crashed while the tutorial was loading and now I’m on what feels like an endless splash screen.

Is this stuff typical? I’m not entirely sure what’s to be expected here.

• PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Wow I can’t even get the game to launch! I managed to get to the main menus twice, both times the game crashed while the tutorial was loading and now I’m on what feels like an endless splash screen.

There has been spotty lag and server issues. Not typical but not non-existent.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Servers are on the fritz right now, but overall it's been remarkably stable, especially for how big it got so quickly

Cool thanks! Yeah I jumped on Twitter to have a poke around while waiting and saw some tweets about it.

My timing is hilarious!

So nice thing. If you somehow have all the skins and a new gun drops, the apex packs will only give skins for the new gun.

Like, This will never happen to me, but it is still nice they aren't horribly gouge people by giving shards to dups of stuff before that gun came out.

Yeah they’ve been pretty upfront about the contents ofapex packs, you will never get a dupe of an item you have.

The fact that the rate you get packs slows down I’m not sure they were so forthcoming about though.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I've put about eight hours into this so far, and while I haven't won a game yet I've gotten a good deal better at it. It took me a bit to get used to the gunplay in this game.

I wiped a squad yesterday for the first time and it felt great!

• Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    Was getting ever so slightly carried by a Mirage the other night until they got too cocky and run off to take on a squad by themselves then got downed, i guess they all tried to execute/loot him because i downed them all with a couple of hail mary arcstars.

Not a fan of the Havoc so far, picked it up on first drop after patch and was immediately died.

• WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    Gibraltar is my new best friend. Got a triple kill with his ult by lobbing it over a building to where I knew a firefight was happening.

DRCdHs6.jpg?1

Yeah they’ve been pretty upfront about the contents ofapex packs, you will never get a dupe of an item you have.

The fact that the rate you get packs slows down I’m not sure they were so forthcoming about though.

At level 40 something the free packs stop altogether.

Gibraltar is my new best friend. Got a triple kill with his ult by lobbing it over a building to where I knew a firefight was happening.

Throwing bombs from a distance into fights you have nothing to do with is both hilarious and effective

• MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    Sometimes things play out just how you had hoped.
    https://youtu.be/4COXdIdrCwk
    @Lasbrook @Wombat!!

• Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular

yeah all seems to be back up.

win #5 just there woot.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Be0A5W8.jpg?1

Being able to be carried is a skill, I guess?

One clutch kill and banner grab I guess?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Really really enjoying Caustic in early fights in rooms where you block off the exits with traps.

"I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me."

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    One of the reasons I haven't really been playing Pathfinder is that I feel like the first thing I want to do is practice with them but I also don't want to be that asshole swinging around a building while the other two folks in the squad get gunned down. The training area could 100% use some improvements. And like, maybe bots? I just want SOME ability to get used to firing in a semi-realistic situation without the stress of the match.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    One of the reasons I haven't really been playing Pathfinder is that I feel like the first thing I want to do is practice with them but I also don't want to be that asshole swinging around a building while the other two folks in the squad get gunned down. The training area could 100% use some improvements. And like, maybe bots? I just want SOME ability to get used to firing in a semi-realistic situation without the stress of the match.

the secret is to play him every match you can and then when you luck into a match where both squadmates quit on you, then you can swing/fling yourself around to your heart's content

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Last night we played a match where the Champion squad had two players with thousands of kills each with their characters

I have to assume those were pros or streamers