As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    12 total.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    The last thing I need for this season is an Akkhan's Leniency. I don't know how many DBs I have spent trying to get one, but if you need like 20 Fates of the Fell I'm your girl.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Just tell yourself that you need a great Fate of the Fell and one will drop.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Those are... not the same type of flail...
    Nah jk, good luck!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Moar Fates of the Fell! I’m like “k, I guess I’ll cube it and run Heaven’s Fury then instead of consecration”

Anyway, GR70 down. Is the guaranteed primal just one of the ending drops? If so mine is a Furnace.

• Options
    Yes, and grats on that if you feel like playing condemn at all

• Options
    I could. I have the other things I think.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    After skipping a few seasons I decided to get back to this. Apparently early progress is a lot faster now: I was running Torment X comfortably on the second day after dinging 70. Decided to play Necro since I have never played the class very much. I don't usually like pet builds, but I happened to get a decent Jesseth set from my very first rifts, so blood mages it is, and I must say there is something very satisfying to the build. I'm sure I'll get bored with it eventually because it mostly just involves running around spamming mages, but for the time being I'm having fun.

Also the Trag'oul set dungeon is a joke. It almost feels like an insult to certain other dungeons for other classes that have been a massive pain in the ass. You literally don't even need to try. Just run through the dungeon spamming mages and suddenly you have mastered it.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »

Odd, usually after you complain on a forum that you have not got a certain drop it drops. Guessing the forum powers might be out of juice.
    I was expecting this post to be a, "I finally got Akkan's!"
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    After skipping a few seasons I decided to get back to this. Apparently early progress is a lot faster now: I was running Torment X comfortably on the second day after dinging 70. Decided to play Necro since I have never played the class very much. I don't usually like pet builds, but I happened to get a decent Jesseth set from my very first rifts, so blood mages it is, and I must say there is something very satisfying to the build. I'm sure I'll get bored with it eventually because it mostly just involves running around spamming mages, but for the time being I'm having fun.

Also the Trag'oul set dungeon is a joke. It almost feels like an insult to certain other dungeons for other classes that have been a massive pain in the ass. You literally don't even need to try. Just run through the dungeon spamming mages and suddenly you have mastered it.

Yeah, depending on when you dropped out they pushed the power level way higher than before. Some classes are so buffed that you can actually complete the entire season in 2-3 days.

I remember sort of liking the mage set, but I kept on forgetting to summon them and die. But it was fun watching things melt.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Odd, usually after you complain on a forum that you have not got a certain drop it drops. Guessing the forum powers might be out of juice.

I mean, I did get one shortly after. It was the very moment I spent my last bounty mats to cube something different.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I mean, I did get one shortly after. It was the very moment I spent my last bounty mats to cube something different.

All hail the power of the forum!

• Options
    Praise Gripeos, god of bitching.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ok I feel dumb I am on chapter 4 how do I get the mystic achievement? The socket a jewel slot one?

What did I get for Chapter 2? and 3?

• Options
    If you’re on PC, check your mailbox for “Haedrig’s Gift,” that’s where your free set items will be.

For the mystic, grab any yellow weapon and enchant it til it gets a socket. (Yellow item because it won’t cost Death’s Breath to do)

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Really happy with a few of my Primal drops from over the weekend, while running around on my multishot DH. A Dex/Crit Damage/Crit Chance/Socket Ess of Johan, and even though it's not BiS for almost any build, a Warzechian Armguards with Crit Chance and elemental damage.

I don't seem to have shit for luck with ancients in general on this character, though, and I have as many primals as I do regular ancients on him. Weird.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I am playing a seasonal Witch Doctor, and it's fun and I'm enjoying it, but I am basically actively angry all the time that I'm not playing a Multishot DH. The Witch Doctor is doing fine given the equipment I have, it's all well and on par, but it's just nowhere near as efficient as clearing an entire screen of enemies with a single click.

• Options
    If you’re on PC, check your mailbox for “Haedrig’s Gift,” that’s where your free set items will be.

For the mystic, grab any yellow weapon and enchant it til it gets a socket. (Yellow item because it won’t cost Death’s Breath to do)

Any even all the demon hunter stuff it keeps giving me? I am playing a crusader since I really want the armor but boo I have to do chapter four for the rest of the set o well

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

Any even all the demon hunter stuff it keeps giving me? I am playing a crusader since I really want the armor but boo I have to do chapter four for the rest of the set o well

Yeah I am going to need some help on Torment 4 it's kicking my ass

• Options
    Are you on the PC? There are a few of us who are willing to help there.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yes

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Yes

Awesome. Now I just have to get online and figure out when I can help ya.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I have 6 or so puzzle rings if anyone needs vault runs on pc too.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Really happy to see that Legacy of Nightmares is viable again. I like to play 2 - 3 characters per season, and always hated grinding set pieces for alts, but that's less of an issue now. My necromancer has accumulated enough random ancients (although not a full set of gear) that my new Wizard was able to start comfortably in Torment 8 right out of the gate. It's a complete kitchen sink build and I could sorely use some class legendaries, but it's still nice that the character is playable right away.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    What is the best way to progress towards the top-end, level wise? This is my first season, I can clear GR100, but farmable is about 85. I've mainly just been farming GR's over and over. I have a few ancient pieces, nothing special. It feels like rerolling the Lego's I've got and hoping for a perfect Ancient is my only way forward, is there anything else I should be doing?

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    After gear, your progress is mainly going to come from legendary gems (for wearing), legendary gems (for augments), and paragon levels.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    What is the best way to progress towards the top-end, level wise? This is my first season, I can clear GR100, but farmable is about 85. I've mainly just been farming GR's over and over. I have a few ancient pieces, nothing special. It feels like rerolling the Lego's I've got and hoping for a perfect Ancient is my only way forward, is there anything else I should be doing?

For those of us that have been doing seasons for quite some time, I'm sure I'm not the only one slightly depressed about this :P

But congrats on the 100 clear.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    Klatu wrote: »

For those of us that have been doing seasons for quite some time, I'm sure I'm not the only one slightly depressed about this :P

But Spaffy will probably never have your 100% Achievements bar.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

I'm on PS4, could be that consoles are easier + a dash of beginner's luck?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    For me D3 on the console is harder since you can't "aim" some of the skills like you can on the PC.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    But you can cancel animations by rolling backwards, which is nice to get you out of standing in garbage. Also neat because a lot of abilities still go off, even if you roll out of them early in the animation.

Also the couch.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular

I'm on PS4, could be that consoles are easier + a dash of beginner's luck?
    Mainly power creep. When season 1 came out condemn crusader was everything and more I wanted that build to be. If they still have the leader boards up you can see just how low GRifts were compared to now with, what's essentially, the same setup as back then.

For another comparison I've rarely run wiz in seasons; my wizard knowledge is so outdated we're talking using Tals on the vanilla 2.0 patch waiting for RoS to come out levels outdated. I also stopped bothering with the whole season journey after unlocking the pet, wings, banner, whatever the unique award is that season, once I maxed out stash tabs. This season I played wizard, ran a standard Tal's channel to summon all the buffed meteors ever build, and am sitting on GR90 or something like that with almost all my time being spent getting the essential items for the build. My gems are a joke, my rolls aren't optimal, my legendary gems are, relatively speaking, hardly leveled, etc. The power creep is so high and that build so easy to use it's truly insane compared to the builds I've run most seasons beforehand, even the really good ones like when invoker's was a top tier set.

• Options
    Now that I’ve “finished” the season (for me anyway. I refuse to set foot in the stupid set dungeons), I’m turning my attention to the next project: A powerleveling set.

I’ve already removed the level req on my ancient Focus and primal Restraint. Now I’ll make a Sage’s/Cain’s “set” too. Need a ramalandi’s for the primal Furnace.

My goal is to level up on every elite pack, lol.

Gotta get my Switch crew caught up to my PC crew!

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Now that I’ve “finished” the season (for me anyway. I refuse to set foot in the stupid set dungeons), I’m turning my attention to the next project: A powerleveling set.

I’ve already removed the level req on my ancient Focus and primal Restraint. Now I’ll make a Sage’s/Cain’s “set” too. Need a ramalandi’s for the primal Furnace.

Did you know you can have someone else help in the set dungeons?

• Options
    E.Coyote wrote: »

Did you know you can have someone else help in the set dungeons?

Yes. But I’m boycotting them.

• Options
    Yeah, set dungeons suck... I wish you weren't forced to do them for the seasons, but I only pick the easiest ones.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    https://www.diablofans.com/news/49102-diablofans-says-farewell

DiabloFans website is shutting down / going into archive mode.

Oof.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Wow! That is a huge bummer. I've used that site a ton for the news, but perhaps even more for the builds.

• Options
    Nooooo!

• Options
    So Season 16 ending later now? May 12.

Also they're working on Season 17.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Looks like they're going down to ~3 per year I guess?

This discussion has been closed.