As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I loved the mx518, but think i couldnt play so many games without all the extra buttons on the side of my mouse. :( Ive become the terrible monster I always fought against.

Thats what happens when you dont die a hero.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Logitech is bringing back the MX518 mouse! I bought several of these back in the day.

https://www.pcgamer.com/logitech-is-bringing-back-its-legendary-mx518-mouse/

I went through several Mx518s back in the day, but yeah I think after getting my G502 I would stay with that.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i got a mx500, g400 (which is already identical to the mx518), g502, g700, g300

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Looking up the G502, I see it shares a name with this fine fellow:

Y6NXGrj.png

Kinda want to hook one of those up to my PC... :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Looking up the G502, I see it shares a name with fine fellow:

Y6NXGrj.png

Kinda want to hook one of those up to my PC... :)

It'll help when you play VNs that A certain voxellated fairy recommends.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Sunless Skies:

My current captain has managed to avoid dying despite quite possibly making some less than stellar decisions and almost made it to what I think may be the maximum level.

No, I'm sure helping out the cult of humans mutated by a cosmic horror that lurk at space England's premiere beach resort will turn out fine.

Whereas a wealth ambition was a great way to set up future captains for success here it actually takes a damn long time. I've managed to wrap up a number of storylines that will carry over to future captains and while I could just grind money at this point and retire there are a few in progress storylines that I'd rather finish instead of starting over given the resource requirements.

And so I've been taking the dressed up corpse of a First Officer's best friend on a sight seeing trip through the cosmos.

At least that will end better than I when I married one of my officers to a bee demon king which resulted in them shedding their human skin which is now being worn by one of their former sycophants.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    @RoyceSraphim

Age of Wonders: Planetfall preview relevant to your interests
    Picking a faction in a 4X game like Age of Wonders: Planetfall usually requires a lot of consideration. You'll be stuck with them for ages, after all. But this time, with access to four of the factions for four hours, I didn't even have to think about it. My options were restricted to Space Dwarves, Space Bugs, Space Americans or a group of stoic warrior women with an environmentalist streak who ride laser-packing dinosaurs. Was there really any choice?

The Amazons are clearly the best, but I'm probably not giving the rest a fair shake. Every faction has unique units, techs and a playstyle that makes them all pretty tempting. The insectoid Kir'Ko, for instance, have a penchant for psychic trickery, taking over minds during the turn-based tactical battles. But: laser dinosaurs!

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I loaded up Fear and hunger with steam off. had rainmeter processor widget going in corner and never shot over 60%.

Still ran like crap.

First fight with a guard
    I tried talking
    he garbled something about rape
    He lopped off my left arm
    I lopped off his left arm, the sword arm
    His stinger pulsed
    I lopped that off
    I lost a coin toss and he crushed me in a bear hug
    I woke up in flesh tunnel downstairs
    crawled around at 20% of health
    Fought prisoner
    Took off their head
    they kept fighting
    took off each arm

There's a specific attitude here. The game is marked adult only. But this is adult with graphic content, not shock or schlock like Hatred

@RoyceSraphim

Picking a faction in a 4X game like Age of Wonders: Planetfall usually requires a lot of consideration. You'll be stuck with them for ages, after all. But this time, with access to four of the factions for four hours, I didn't even have to think about it. My options were restricted to Space Dwarves, Space Bugs, Space Americans or a group of stoic warrior women with an environmentalist streak who ride laser-packing dinosaurs. Was there really any choice?

The Amazons are clearly the best, but I'm probably not giving the rest a fair shake. Every faction has unique units, techs and a playstyle that makes them all pretty tempting. The insectoid Kir'Ko, for instance, have a penchant for psychic trickery, taking over minds during the turn-based tactical battles. But: laser dinosaurs!

Sex sells, violence sells, why no one has tried to roll hard on amazons in the industry I do not understand.*
    *I do understand, but I'm not derailing the thread.

......again.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Cities Skylines is a stealth Roguelite.

I keep getting to ~5000 population and going "well that was a good run, now let's start over with a new city and incorporate everything I learned in that last run to do even better."

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    @RoyceSraphim

Welp, AoW:P was already on my wishlist. Now it's on my radar. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I keep getting to ~5000 population and going "well that was a good run, now let's start over with a new city and incorporate everything I learned in that last run to do even better."

How do you know if you're doing better?

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

How do you know if you're doing better?

Your traffic problems get more complicated.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    If you never played the Batman Arkham series, this is a great price to start at:

The only thing it's missing is Arkham Origins.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I expect most people would be disappointed it had Knight.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Actually, if I had 10 bucks laying around I'd grab it just for Knight and its Season Pass. I know it's not "great", but I've heard it's another good Batman open world game, so . . . yeah.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Arkham Origins is underrated. But maybe don't play it super close to all the other games because it's basically the same game 3 or 4 times.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Knight is fine. It's just not fantastic like the last two games. (And will potentially run like shit for no reason)

• Options

I found Knight to be perfectly acceptable, although I didn't like some of the Batmobile stuff. And I've mentioned it before, but I'm one of the 4 people out there who enjoyed collecting all the Riddler stuff.

I'm still not sure if I prefer it over Arkham Origins, which I also liked. My main problem with Origins was its combat. On the surface it's the same as the previous games, but in practice there's just something off about it. I was getting hit a lot more often. The timing just seemed wrong.

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    Yea Knight was enjoyable at times and so was Origins, Knight in particular is a visual spectacle if you're lucky enough to run it well.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

I found Knight to be perfectly acceptable, although I didn't like some of the Batmobile stuff. And I've mentioned it before, but I'm one of the 4 people out there who enjoyed collecting all the Riddler stuff.

I'm still not sure if I prefer it over Arkham Origins, which I also liked. My main problem with Origins was its combat. On the surface it's the same as the previous games, but in practice there's just something off about it. I was getting hit a lot more often. The timing just seemed wrong.

I started getting hit less often once I had a few of the combat upgrades, and assumed they had changed the timing so you'd feel more badass after a few levels. But yes, Origins had something going on with the dodge and hit timing that made early play a lot rougher, even on the easiest settings.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    As much as I love Batman, always hated all his dumb vehicles.

So part of me feels pretty happy the batmobile shit landed with a thud in Knight. Hopefully thats the end of them trying to incorporate it into them.

(Rocksteady might be done but I don't believe for a minute there aren't going to be more Arkham games)

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I started getting hit less often once I had a few of the combat upgrades, and assumed they had changed the timing so you'd feel more badass after a few levels. But yes, Origins had something going on with the dodge and hit timing that made early play a lot rougher, even on the easiest settings.

I loved the variety in Origins enemies. It felt more fleshed out than in the "main" games. But yes, at the same time, it felt like overall combat was sloppier. Kinda the same feelings I have about driving in Agents of Mayhem compared to SR3/4.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    My main problem with Origins was its combat. On the surface it's the same as the previous games, but in practice there's just something off about it. I was getting hit a lot more often. The timing just seemed wrong.

I can confirm this, while in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City I could complete combat challenges pretty easy without getting hit once, Origins in turn always gave me trouble, the flow always felt wrong.

Florin on
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    As much as I love Batman, always hated all his dumb vehicles.

So part of me feels pretty happy the batmobile shit landed with a thud in Knight. Hopefully thats the end of them trying to incorporate it into them.

(Rocksteady might be done but I don't believe for a minute there aren't going to be more Arkham games)

If the Batmobile was just a car that made getting around easier it could have been fine. Instead it was a weird car and crabtank thing they shoehorned into ridiculous puzzles and annoying combat sequences.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I actually liked the batmobile in Knight.

Really settling into my recent role of liking everything.

• Options
    Florin wrote: »
    My main problem with Origins was its combat. On the surface it's the same as the previous games, but in practice there's just something off about it. I was getting hit a lot more often. The timing just seemed wrong.

I can confirm this, while in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City I could complete combat challenges pretty easy without getting hit once, Origins in turn always gave me trouble, the flow always felt wrong.

Yeah, at the time I was playing it when I was having a frustrating time trying to do some "knock out X number of mooks without getting hit" challenge, I poked around on the internet and saw a lot of other people complaining about the combat being a bit off. I think there was either speculation that Rocksteady hadn't shared the specifics of their combat system with the developer and they had to rebuild it from the ground up, but I don't know if that's true. I skimmed this article just now that points out a crucial change which I never noticed:
    In Arkham Origins, the team took away Batman’s ability to interrupt his own attacks, meaning that if you’re already committed to a move, you can’t perform a counter. You just get hit, and there’s nothing you can do to stop it.

That's pretty significant!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Arkham Asylum was a perfect stealth Metroidvania game. The moment they went open world they lost me.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Cantido wrote: »
    Logitech is bringing back the MX518 mouse! I bought several of these back in the day.

https://www.pcgamer.com/logitech-is-bringing-back-its-legendary-mx518-mouse/

MX518 was so good! But honestly, after getting the G502, I don't really think I wanna go back.

What am I going to do with all that DPI....

I enjoy Steelseries mice but I alternate between 800 and 1600.

I generally use 2400, but occasionally flip to 1600 or 3200. I can't imagine using 800 for anything but super specific things like detail work in Photoshop. Doesn't your hand get tired of moving the mouse around so much?

800 DPI did require me to use new muscle, and muscle memory, in my gaming, transferring large movements to my forearm, not my wrist. It improved my Overwatch headclicking significantly. My McCree is a monster. I just have to remember to change modes when I'm not playing an action intensive FPS.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I think I'm the only person who actually *loved* Arkham Knight.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »

There are dozens of us.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

There are dozens of us.

56osbvpz8j9y.jpg

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

If there were only Arkham Knight, I'd be with you in loving it but Asylum and City were worthy experiences that made Knight a victim of franchise fatigue.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

If there were only Arkham Knight, I'd be with you in loving it but Asylum and City were worthy experiences that made Knight a victim of franchise fatigue.

For me it was more how there seemed to be a compulsion to keep adding more that made Knight feel more convoluted to play even outside of the Batmobile sequences. The combat itself started feeling muddled when you started dealing with 4 or 5 different enemy types each fight that had to be handled differently and the camera not keeping up.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I enjoy the Arkham games.
    ccinumko980v.png

I think they're the only series I've purchased at launch on recent years.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Poor Asylum looks a little lonely on that list.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

To be fair, Asylum is a focused and direct experience with little wasted time wondering around.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Asylum was Metroid

City and onwards is Zelda.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    ihui78jn274g.png

Bad kitty strikes again. Because cahoots and shenanigans.

Thanks @JaysonFour for Eventide! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »

I had it on Xbox. Those numbers are just my most recent replay. Not my time in the challenge rooms.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    In other news, I am currently installing the Conan Exiles devkit.

I'm sure this rabbit hole isn't that deep...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
This discussion has been closed.