As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    One thing I'm wondering how is this customizable build stuff in MK11 work in tourneys?

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    presumably the 3 base variations are allowed and custom variations are banned. haven't seen much about the custom variations but based on this ed boon interview it sounds like the custom variations might be strictly better than the base variations as opposed to mixing and matching moves

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    negan's don't ask me for shit made me laugh out loud

• EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    SFV's top 8 was PRETTY SICK.

Also I called Kolin being hellaaaaaaaaa good.

iG3kv1d.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I mean she was pretty good last season and a lot of the top tiers got nerfed while she got buffed.

• EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I mean she was pretty good last season and a lot of the top tiers got nerfed while she got buffed.

yeah it wasn't exactly an outrageous call LOL

iG3kv1d.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    man, capcom with no sfv annoucements at evo japan?

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    busy trying to figure out why their arcade cabinet has rollback

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    man, capcom with no sfv annoucements at evo japan?
    No SFV announcements at last Evo Japan either. Guess it happens at a time of year during the CPT offseason when they’re not ready to announce a thing?

i started playing DBFZ a few weeks ago and this game is extremely good, and pretty much the most fun I've had in a fighting game ever

probably going to be maining this game for a while, and with MK11 coming out in April, it's looking like SFV is on the shelf for me for a very long time now unless MK11 somehow completely bombs

• Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i started playing DBFZ a few weeks ago and this game is extremely good, and pretty much the most fun I've had in a fighting game ever

probably going to be maining this game for a while, and with MK11 coming out in April, it's looking like SFV is on the shelf for me for a very long time now unless MK11 somehow completely bombs

Fight me you coward

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

I've been feeling pretty discouraged trying to play Sakura online, so I'm prioritizing SC6 and UNIST. That said, if anyone wants to play DBFZ, Arcana Heart, or make a forum revival of MVCI, I'll be there!

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sE3m_GpVLA

Really excited about the Arcana Heart addition. Happy about Naoto and Seth. Wish Teddie would go die in a fire.

Really hoping the 6th franchise is Melty.

Mbcc.jpg

Give me Sion/Eltnum, please. Pretty please.

wait a sec that means you can have a team with naoto shirogane and naoto kurogane. literally white and black naoto. i might make that a team. though i haven't played bbtag in a while. my old teams were noel es and linne vatista.
    wonder if they nerf my characters

i've been playing xrd online and it alternates between being fun and me wanting to eat my stick

Mostly just been playing SC6 between playing random single player games and Overwatch/Apex Legends.

I'll probably give MKXI a try once it comes out...maybe DOA6 too but I'll have to get impressions first.

edited February 2019
    i had to take Cooler into training mode a few times before it really clicked with me what you're meant to do

this character is... super fucking cool aesthetically and also some of his moves are pretty bonkers

my biggest challenge is his optimal corner combos are preeeeeeeeetty tight.... manual delays on multiple normals to get just the right heights, but i guess he's still newish so maybe some more practical shit will come out

Jasconius on
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    So DoA 6 has a demo available this weekend, it's basically the full game with training mode and combo challenges and everything. I'm looking forward to it, the basic mechanics of it appeal to me a little more than Tekken and SC. It's pretty accessible with infinite potential for mind-games.

So some people are saying Bayonetta might be in Mortal Kombat and I'm like what!?

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    So some people are saying Bayonetta might be in Mortal Kombat and I'm like what!?

But Sindel already has the whole ambulatory hair thing locked down.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular

Kamiya posted "Bayonetta x Mortal Kombat" on his twitter. So of course she's not. But now people are talking about it, which was probably the goal.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I could see it. She has her MAX CLIMAX moves, and any of those could easily be fatality material. Her fast-paced combo playstyle though, I don't know how it would translate to the slower pace of MK, especially when you get the crushing blows slowing things down.

Witch Time as a counter-move though is dreamy. Better buffering for combo strings, easy confirms. She would be top tier.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

I feel it would be a little weird to see Bayo getting her eyes gouged out and her rib cage being ripped out of her body

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I was thinking that too. What if they gave MK license to use Rodin instead of Bayo or Jeanne?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

I feel it would be a little weird to see Bayo getting her eyes gouged out and her rib cage being ripped out of her body

yeah this is my perspective... it would be a very unusual thing to see what is basically a Nintendo character featured in a game which such extreme violence

it would be cool, but seems unrealistic

Yeah...seeing Bayo get fatality'd wouldn't make sense to me.

• l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I think Leon from Resident Evil or the dad from Last of Us would fit better in MK given that in their own games there are countless animations of them dying in horrible body-mutilating ways. By that token, reboot Lara Croft fits, too. Doom marine also works!

But since NRS has previously had characters with guns that make the game feel real awful, and literally all of the aforementioned prominently use guns in their games, maybe a more natural fit would be the characters from Nidhogg. They are melee characters with a fully fledged moveset, and happily tear each other's hearts out!

Bayonetta getting grotesquely mutilated, however, just feels... weird.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    ojVwD27.jpg
    the gross nidhogg 2 cartoon characters would be hilarious to see in MK

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    For me, that’s been a key filter for anybody people bring up as a potential character. Not just “Do they kinda fit the setting?” Or “Are they ok with killing somebody?”

You have to ask “Will the IP holders be ok with this character being on the receiving end of every fatality we’ve seen?”

Like, yeah Terminator would fit from an aggression standpoint, but I don’t know if current Arnold would be ok with his likeness receiving that Kabal drag-split fatality. Maybe no-skin robot terminator would work, though.

Man I wonder how much money it would cost to get Arnold's likeness and voice.

Perrsun wrote: »

Like, yeah Terminator would fit from an aggression standpoint, but I don’t know if current Arnold would be ok with his likeness receiving that Kabal drag-split fatality. Maybe no-skin robot terminator would work, though.

i dont know he got pretty fucked up in T2 and then was lowered into a pit of molten metal

• templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

i dont know he got pretty fucked up in T2 and then was lowered into a pit of molten metal

What does it look like when they scoop an android's brains out?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Man I wonder how much money it would cost to get Arnold's likeness and voice.

He was in the last (or year before last) WWE game. Literally as the Terminator.

It was weird.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

That was also a single cinematic moment done by 1991 Arnold.

I mean, I’d love to be proven wrong, I just don’t see it happening

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Just put Jason back in and I'm set.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Just put Jason back in and I'm set.

Hmm yeah I would like to avoid learning a new character

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    Evo games will be announced tonight at 6PM pst

• l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I'm hoping SNK decides to do another crazy thing and throw money at the EVO organizers such that SNK Heroines becomes one of the titles, and somehow Arika independently does the same and makes FEXL another EVO title.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Holy shit Evo lineup is kinda godlike?

Tekken 7
    Street Fighter 5
    BBtag
    DBFZ
    Smash Ultimate
    Soul Calibur 6
    MK11
    Samurai Showdown (!!!!)
    UNIST

Fuck off melee, you got dropped for UNIST.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    i don't like bbtag over xrd but i understand it

This discussion has been closed.