As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Grinds measured in months and worth measured in GP.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    When is 3PO coming back? I have about 20 Wicket shards left to 7* so I need to know when to start farming.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    No idea for sure. Based on the pattern for similar events...sometime in mid-late March?

If there hasn’t been an announcement, and the weekly store refreshes to Ewoks, consider that a warning.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Update is out, Droideka and Grievous rework.

Yoda event is live too. I think I can only 6* him and put him on G7 for now. Even if I bought the Jedi pack for $60 (which is ludicrous) I still wouldn't be able to 7* because they give you 80 Anakin and only 25 QGJ. Blah.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I dropped a Zeta on Grevious.

B1 geared to g11. Didn't even try really, he's easy to gear.

Carbanti blocked on basically every character in the game I want to work on.

Ewoks, I'm ready for 3po. G12 zChirpa, zPaploo, Elder, g11 zWicket, g10 Logray. Have z3po at 6* g11.

Working on staring Old Republic. Pretty sure I won't be ready for the next Revan if it's soon though.

Broke 3.5m go today. :biggrin:

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Tuesday, by some random turn of fate, I started the day at rank 46 in Arena. Usually I drop like 50 ranks almost every day, and I have to claw my way back into the 50's range. But Tuesday, I started at 46. And also by another random turn of fate, I was able to actually win all 5 of my matches against Revan teams, because everyone in the top 50 is pretty much all running Revan now and it's disgusting.

Previously, my personal best arena rank was 17.

Tuesday I hit a new personal best and made it to 16. I'm damn proud of that one too because I had to battle through scores of gross Revan teams to get there. Felt like a real accomplishment.

Wednesday I was back at like rank 88 when I started my Arena climb.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Is it just me or does it feel like we don't get credit heist nearly as much as we used to?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Definitely not, and I'm poor as shit right now.

• Options
    I was sitting on 20m credits or so, and am down to 1 after mods, and training this week.

• Options
    Yeah, I have owned Grievous at 5 stars and level 1 forever. He has always been awful so I never saw fit to raise him until now. Same with the other Separatist faction droids. I have raised Magma Guard, B2, and Grievous all to 85 within the last few days and now I only have like 2mil credits.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    So my team of lvl 82 g10 Ezra, g9 bastilla and old ben, g8 Kanan, and lvl 1 g1 luminara took down Yoda without him taking a turn. Then about five minutes later I had a max level g10 GMY. Holy crap hes easy to gear. And also holy crap the damage he does in insane.

Now I need to either focus on the 7* thrawn event or a 5th empire toon for the next r2 event. I'm not sure how to tell if I'm ready for thrawn. My phoenix is g10 Ezra, 9 chopper, 8 everyone else. Everyone has their basic omegas, and anyone who can has their unique omegas, and Ezra has all 3 omegas. I quit leveling them when I moved to arena Jedi but I should be able to handle that part when it comes up. It's like 5 stun guns to get the last 3 to g9 and I'd really like to not have to do that if I can avoid it

• Options
    Thrawn's event was pretty tough. I don't think G8 is going to cut it for the final tier.

• Options
    Looks like the consensus on Separatists so far is that they're not that great

:rotate:

• Options
    I think something is bugged. I've been reading a lot about how Grievous is still underwhelming even after his rework. But if you watch the Ahnald T101 video, his clips are very convincing that this team is super solid and super capable of mopping the floor with Revan.

I'm thinking that either something didn't properly get merged into their live code branch, or else they made some sort of 11th hour re-balance that threw it all off. Because what we are seeing in live is definitely not what was shown in Monday's video.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Thrawn's event was pretty tough. I don't think G8 is going to cut it for the final tier.

Maybe I got real lucky, but I managed it with all G8 Phoenix. All Omegas maxed. Zeta on Sabine. No Ezra.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Maybe I got real lucky, but I managed it with all G8 Phoenix. All Omegas maxed. Zeta on Sabine. No Ezra.

I remember getting it at gear 8 as well. It will just take a bunch of tries, a bunch of luck, and focusing down the dangerous enemies.
    Constantly, having Zeb assist and stun is helpful.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Credit Heist is live finally. Get them creds.

• Options
    It's been 3 weeks since I've gotten a zeta from fleet challenges.

• Options
    Woo, another 5m credits. Wow. I guess I should be grateful it wasn’t less this time.

And I haven’t seen a zeta drop in at least a week. So I know how you feel. Like me, only 3x more.

• Options
    I've only gotten one in the last week. Maybe we're all just on a string of bad luck. Or maybe they lowered the drop rates.

Conspiracy!

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I got 3 or 4 today...

But can't remember the last time I got anything other than 5m for credit heist

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I really need to get to the last tier of that. I basically make it through the previous one with 7* boba the only one left. So I either need to get him strong enough to run the whole thing or find some time to not be constantly out of purple ability mats for everyone else

• Options
    7*'d Traya this morning.

Only g9, but have 2 zetas on her.

• Options
    3PO back on the 7th. Should have Paploo done, Wicket is still about 50 shards away.

Of course, most of them are G8...

• Options
    I have mine ranging from G9-G12 but only Chief Chirpa is zeta'd.

I have 5 zetas ready to use if I need to, but I'm trying to save those for 3PO and Traya.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    3PO was not as hard as Chewie, but it was still a very difficult fight. The most important character to gear up is Elder. You need him as strong and sturdy as you can, because the difficulty banks on you getting multiple revives throughout the fight.

Always use Wicket's invis ability on Elder, and do everything you can to preserve him, as he is the key to victory.

• Options
    I should be ready.

G12 zChirpa, zPaploo, Elder. G11 zWicket, Logray.

Got some g12 pieces on too.

My 6* 3po is at g11. It's be nice to get him done.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I am no where close to 3PO. Where is my Thrawn event, game? I have to 7* and grab his ship.

Edit - I looked it up... Next: 2019-03-14.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    As far as Ewoks, G9 zChirpa, G10 Elder, rest at G8. I also need to push some Omegas, and I’ve got 1 zeta in the bank, which I’d prefer to sit on.

• Options
    I'm finding myself very short on omegas but with a zeta stockpile for almost 3.

I'm about halfway to 84 which will open up the last ability challenge and I'm assuming that's when omegas start to come faster than the one per day rate?

It's just slightly awkward that I can zeta Jolee in a couple days, or wait a few more days to immediately zeta bastilla at lvl 84 and hope that ability challenge speeds up the omega farm so i can get to Jolee quicker so people will quit messing with me on defense

• Options
    Omegas are interesting.

You can get 1 per day guaranteed. You can also rarely get them from completing the GW every day. I got one this morning from simming all 12 GW's.

You can also get omegas with pretty good frequency from the highest tier of ability material challenge. Also you can get omegas from the ship ability challenge.

So there are a bunch of sources of omegas, but most of those sources are low-chance RNG. But sometimes I'll get 3-4 omegas in a single day, if it's an ability challenge day.

• Options
    Son of a bitch

Shaky hands and lack of sleep this morning, and I accidently bought the chomium x 4 pack this morning for 1400 crystals

Wonder if I can open a ticket and get it back

• Options
    I'm finding myself very short on omegas but with a zeta stockpile for almost 3.

I'm about halfway to 84 which will open up the last ability challenge and I'm assuming that's when omegas start to come faster than the one per day rate?

It's just slightly awkward that I can zeta Jolee in a couple days, or wait a few more days to immediately zeta bastilla at lvl 84 and hope that ability challenge speeds up the omega farm so i can get to Jolee quicker so people will quit messing with me on defense

If you’re planning on having 2 full teams of Jedi, by all means give Bastila a zeta. But if you think you’re more likely to run her with Revan lead, it might not be worth it in the long run.

• Options
    Tarkin fleet event twice in a week's time? Seems odd.

Also I just decided that they need to make a fleet raid of the Death Star. TIEs. Surface cannons. Trench cannons. Vader and TIEs in trench. Unlock Executor shards.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    At what point should I get together a team for the LS ship challenges? I have ghost/phantom/Biggs that I'm actively using in fleet, then I accidentally got landos falcon to 4* from a point where I couldn't make progress in fleet and just simmed that, but I need to get a 5th LS ship to 4* and none of my options seem like they're going to be very good/characters I don't want to level or gear. I'm also nowhere near putting materials into the LS capital ships or commanders so maybe theres no reason to worry about it for a while?

• Options
    At what point should I get together a team for the LS ship challenges? I have ghost/phantom/Biggs that I'm actively using in fleet, then I accidentally got landos falcon to 4* from a point where I couldn't make progress in fleet and just simmed that, but I need to get a 5th LS ship to 4* and none of my options seem like they're going to be very good/characters I don't want to level or gear. I'm also nowhere near putting materials into the LS capital ships or commanders so maybe theres no reason to worry about it for a while?

Well, they don't have to be the best gear since you have 4 ships already, this will be your second reenforcement ship. It will come in to play late in the match. Mainly you just need something to fill the spot.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I am coming to a crossroads in my farming.

Wicket is ~25 shards away from the finish. I might need some gear, and or luck for the last tier, but I think 3PO can get to 6 at least.

Jango is almost done; him and Dengar should give me enough options to finish Chewie.

I’m not sure where to go next:
    More OR farming for Malak/Darth Revan?
    Capt. Han (and ROLO) who might be needed for Jedi Luke?
    Tuskens?
    Smugglers?
    Sep Droids?
    KRU and his ship?

• Options
    I am coming to a crossroads in my farming.

Wicket is ~25 shards away from the finish. I might need some gear, and or luck for the last tier, but I think 3PO can get to 6 at least.

Jango is almost done; him and Dengar should give me enough options to finish Chewie.

I’m not sure where to go next:
    More OR farming for Malak/Darth Revan?
    Capt. Han (and ROLO) who might be needed for Jedi Luke?
    Tuskens?
    Smugglers?
    Sep Droids?
    KRU and his ship?

Sep Droids weren't as impressive as they were supposedly going to be, so you could put them on the back burner.

As for Malak/Revan, that's almost a guarantee that they're coming, so i'm focusing on them (thankfully I've been farming Canderous since day 1 and only need about 40 more shards to 7* him).

With Episode 9 on the horizon, I'm sure the FO and Resistance factions will have some ultimate character after the movie releases.

Speaking of Jedi Luke, I can see needing a team of ROLO, Capt Han, Hermit Yoda, and the droids, but no idea when that is coming.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Ahnald T101 is in my Arena Shard. He was the biggest community voice for Grievous before the rework, and he was the biggest push for trying to get it to work after the rework. He kept the Grievous team for about a week, but he has since switched back to running CLS Rebels.

Grievous was just a dud. Disappointing that this endless Revan meta continues. I'm so sick of it.

I don't really even care for Grievous. He was under-developed in the movie, and not nearly as cool or menacing as he should have been, and the Separatists are like the least interesting villain group in the Star Wars movie-verse, but all the same, I would have loved to see them dethrone Revan just because I'm sick of the Revan meta.

Heck, I'd be 100% on board if they introduced an entire Gungun faction, whose sole purpose in the game was to be the paper to Revan's rock.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Yeah, the fact that I’ve barely started on the new OR characters means I know I won’t be ready in time so I’m trying to think ahead...

• Options
    If I'm at a decent rank, I've started autoing arena.

Revan v. Revan isn't fun at all.

Jedi in general suck ass. Bastila was a slog, and now Revan is. They need a different concept for jedi. Racing the timer is terrible.

Can't wait to see how completely broken Darth Revan has to be to take over the meta.