As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

19495969798100»

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Regarding the Gargano/Ciampa spoilers, just read them and it sounds okay?
    Gargano feels at his lowest since he lost his just newly won belt, so Ciampa is able to goad him into officially reforming DIY.

They have success in one match.

Then they lose the next. Ciampa, predictably goes to betray Gargano, but Gargano is able to come out on top.

This I guess will be his "see the light moment" and he may come out next taping and apologize to the fans. Or he could remain a tweener.

It feels a bit more rushed than I was hoping for, but it's not horrible I thought.
    This is ignoring their Main Roster debuts where they beat 2 established tag teams, one of which are the Raw champions, and should absolutely be factored in since it was treated as "canon" by WWE

Reforming DIY and letting them get huge wins and debut on Raw and Smackdown only to have them break up after a third match and undo a heel turn that has only been around for like a couple months is horribly paced and seems super unnecessary

Especially since of the last 5 Takeovers, 3 of them have had Gargano vs. Ciampa matches (with multiple Takeovers in 2017 having them as well) and a fourth was heavily built around Gargano and Ciampa's relationship rebuilding and Johnny turning heel

The story has taken way too long and had too many seeming finishes and honestly I am just bored of Gargano/Ciampa no matter how good the matches are
    Gargano/Ciampa had some of my favorite matches but they have main evented so many Takeovers that I really don’t want to see them have another match, especially when NXT is full of great people who deserve that main event spot.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    let bull dempsey be a wrestling baby again

Knowing DDT, it's not out of the equation

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Mia Yim is absolutely not fucking around

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Regarding the Gargano/Ciampa spoilers, just read them and it sounds okay?
    Gargano feels at his lowest since he lost his just newly won belt, so Ciampa is able to goad him into officially reforming DIY.

They have success in one match.

Then they lose the next. Ciampa, predictably goes to betray Gargano, but Gargano is able to come out on top.

This I guess will be his "see the light moment" and he may come out next taping and apologize to the fans. Or he could remain a tweener.

It feels a bit more rushed than I was hoping for, but it's not horrible I thought.
    This is ignoring their Main Roster debuts where they beat 2 established tag teams, one of which are the Raw champions, and should absolutely be factored in since it was treated as "canon" by WWE

Reforming DIY and letting them get huge wins and debut on Raw and Smackdown only to have them break up after a third match and undo a heel turn that has only been around for like a couple months is horribly paced and seems super unnecessary

Especially since of the last 5 Takeovers, 3 of them have had Gargano vs. Ciampa matches (with multiple Takeovers in 2017 having them as well) and a fourth was heavily built around Gargano and Ciampa's relationship rebuilding and Johnny turning heel

The story has taken way too long and had too many seeming finishes and honestly I am just bored of Gargano/Ciampa no matter how good the matches are
    I disagree because it does actually fit in the story.

Johnny was growing frustrated by his inability to win a title, and started doing things that Ciampa would do, like attack Black in the parking lot and go after Ricochet in an underhanded way. It also led Johnny and Tomasso to reconnect (see: the steel cage match where DIY hit their finisher on Black). At the last Takeover, that eventually leads to Gargano winning the North American Championship, and standing beside Ciampa to end the show. But Gargano’s also been wary of Ciampa this entire time, and has been fighting his inner demons regarding this stuff (like in the Takeover match with Ricochet where he took off the protective padding, decided against it, only to use it at the end as a final means to get over the hump).

So then you have a few weeks of Johnny Wrestling with his swagger back, and his tenuous alliance with Ciampa even leads to them debuting on the main roster and picking up wins over the Revival and the Bar. Things are great!

And then he loses the North American Title the next night.

And suddenly he’s back to questioning things, while Ciampa is whispering sweet nothings into Gargano’s ear about winning the Dusty Rhodes Classic and fighting for the titles at Takeover (especially because it would keep Johnny busy enough not to challenge him and keep him from defending his title at the next Takeover). They win their first round match, and it does look like Ciampa’s plan could work out. But then they lose, and Ciampa, Being the snake that he is, attempts to go for a preemptive strike, which Gargano had to know was coming after over a year of feuding, so he turns the tables and announces he will be going for the NXT title.

There are still some gaps that can be filled in (for example, the tapings never see backstage segments or interviews so there’s more opportunity to better get the story to the finish line) but on the whole it’s pretty good. The biggest issue is mostly with Gargano v Ciampa fatigue, which is a problem that NXT in general has with their main title and doing way too many rematches in a row instead of freshening things up.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    sharon corbin

interesting

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Sharon Corbin? The greatest burn ever?

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I uh what?

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I don't know why you'd want to compare your opponent to the man who defeated Braun Strowman in a one on one match just four days ago.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852

I know this is just a stop gap for Io but I very much wouldn’t mind Mia with the belt.

Also I love that her new finisher is called Protect Ya Neck even if I don’t think it looks great.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

Its even better knowing they are or were roommates.

CHOP-A-MANIA! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Roman is going to be giving an update on his health Monday.

Very interested to hear both what he says and the reaction he gets from the crowd.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    He's been announced for GMA Tuesday

likely he's coming back soon

This discussion has been closed.