As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

1939495969799»

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I wonder if the new guy will have any pull in making nintendo rewards not suck

• NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    I don't know what Reggie was like behind the scenes, but in public appearances he always struck me as a bit too 'corporate safe'. So I don't think I'll miss him much.

Wonder when Bowser will make his grand debut. E3?

He had to stick to a corporate script, sure. But at least you trusted him to be trying to shill games he might actually personally enjoy. Unlike the random Coke or GE executives which get brought into certain other gaming companies.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm much more sad about Reggie leaving than I would've ever guessed.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I was hoping Reggie would make a video addressing the fans.

I'll miss that guy and glad he's retiring when Nintendo is at the top of their game.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Crazy. I loved Reggie's public appearances. He's been a great image for Nintendo.

Honestly, Reggie may have been "corporate safe" (barring his initial public appearance; "OMG HE SAID NINTENDO KICKS ASS"), but he had as much fun with it as he could. I think people understand that there's a level of stiffness / rhetorical restraint involved in positions like that, but it can be excused if there's clearly some personality coming through.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Crazy. I loved Reggie's public appearances. He's been a great image for Nintendo.
    Yeah, he's a good salesman.

He seemed like the kind of guy that could endear himself to consumers as much as he could execs.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    At the very least, he signed off on crazy crap like the Muppets and Robot Chicken presentations.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    This already the "middle guard" passing the torch.
    The Old Guard was Hiroshi Yamauchi, Minoru Arakawa, Howard Lincoln, Gunpei Yokoi, those guys.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Ah, old man Yamauchi. The man who responded to the threat of the original PlayStation by telling third parties to go fuck themselves.

Nintendo's changed quite a bit since his reign, pretty much universally for the better.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I didn't like him. I thought he was corporate mouthpiece through-and-through, and every fun thing he did was carefully focus tested and scripted. And I know as a PR person he never had any power, it was just his job to deal with the fallout of Japan's decisions, but still.

I've said before, I wanted to see him get home and slam the front door and say "UGGGH honey you would not BELIEVE the ridiculous things people are saying on the internet, it's been a SHIT week let me tell you. And Keighley's being a huge dick again but of course I have to be all smiles and suffer through the interview and the jabs about our low-selling console..."

I want the tell-all hair down Reggie. The one who made tough decisions or got angry like everyone does.

Even in his goodbye video above he's doin' the Trump hand gestures (with much bigger hands tho).

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Reggie uses his hands like that because its a technique to make your words have more impact.
    Trump would probably say its his technique but you need charisma for it to work

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I think maybe there's enough Tetris talk to merit it's own thread?

Ask and you shall receive. All Tetris discussion goes here!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Farewell to the Reginator. The end of an era.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular

I'm surprised he wasn't fired when he blew up that lady with laser eyes.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Nooo Reggie, you were supposed to give us Mother 3 before you left!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Would you fire the guy that can blow you up with laser eyes?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Nooo Reggie, you were supposed to give us Mother 3 before you left!

Check your switch 8-)

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    There's far, FAR too many great Doug Bowser jokes on the Internet already. Here's a few.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

Would you fire the guy that can blow you up with laser eyes?

I'd make an intern do it.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    There's far, FAR too many great Doug Bowser jokes on the Internet already. Here's a few.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm surprised Reggie didn't release a video describing all the cool things he'll do when he retires only to end it with, "And when can I expect to be enjoying all of this? This very afternoon!"

Donnicton wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Ah, Steve Lootbox of the New England Lootboxes. Did you know when his family came to Ellis Island several generations ago they changed their name from Skinnerbox.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Reggie training for the 2015 Nintendo World Championships is still my favorite thing he did. 'Corporate safe' or not, there's a lot of good in-jokes there.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Hahaha and he's being replaced by Bowser!
    At last! The Mushroom Kingdom is his!

Pfft, like Bowser ever cared about annexing territory.

Dude was always just trying to get laid.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Reggie was an entertaining spokesman. Much more memorable for me than the folks that performed similar functions at the other hardware makers.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Reggie wouldn't have been especially charming if he didn't act like Jim Henson's Creature Shop. Nintendo is weird, and stiff, and fun.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I certainly didn't hate the guy, he was entertaining enough. But yeah, once it was clear he was just a PR game reading a script for all intents and purposes, that's what I treated him as.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Edit: shouldn’t post in a dead thread

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --