As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Poor Asylum looks a little lonely on that list.

To be fair, Asylum is a focused and direct experience with little wasted time wondering around.

This is why it's the only one I've finished.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    In other news, I am currently installing the Conan Exiles devkit.

I'm sure this rabbit hole isn't that deep...

I bet you can control the depth with a slider.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

I bet you can control the depth with a slider.

:winky:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

Good luck. I tried running that thing and my computer just fell over.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Cities Skylines is a stealth Roguelite.

I keep getting to ~5000 population and going "well that was a good run, now let's start over with a new city and incorporate everything I learned in that last run to do even better."

I'm having more or less the same experience with Pathfinder Kingmaker. I keep reaching/beating Troll Trouble and then decide to start over with a new character.

But at least I think it's teaching me how to make better characters and just lets me experiment with multi-classing my companions and all that.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Did a quick playthrough of Monster Prom! Managed to woo the party-obsessed ghost Polly and took her to the prom--

and by the prom I mean
    uohtpa4qta0j.png

...got high and danced in the desert with three wizard hobos and an avatar of a god.

Good times.

It's quite fun with superb writing and an insane amount of options rolled in.

Only thing is you cannot save mid game, which kind of sucks but the game is so quick and fun that it is quite easy to just do a short game (~30 minutes) versus a longer game (~60 minutes).

Thanks again to @JaysonFour for the gift!

In other news, Thimbleweed Park is free on Epic Launcher till March 7th.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Crowntakers is on sale on gamersgate for very cheap, i think there's even an additional 10% off with code MedievalFTL. It's a fantasy setting roguelike (i don't even know what that means) game. Basically you have your hero and you have a grid based battle map inside of a branching storyline map. You can upgrade weapons/armor at blacksmiths, recruit mercenaries at the Inn, accept quests, etc. If you like turn based battles with no take-backsies, then it's worth looking at.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Is gamersgate in someway connected with GamerGate or is it just the most unfortunate naming coincidence ever?

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Unfortunate coincidence. The storefront existed long before the harrasement campaign did. (GG was the incredibly uncreative name Adam Baldwin came up with, becuase of course he'd use the most hackiest name for it.)

Undead Scottsman on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Is gamersgate in someway connected with GamerGate or is it just the most unfortunate naming coincidence ever?

The latter. Their CEO put out a press release about it when that was happening.

Not a... great one, but no they had that name beforehand.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Neat minion horde game (similar to Overlord or Pikmin) about Necromancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adU_O8vEvko

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Even more proof that naming anything "-gate" was a stupid idea to begin with. Unless of course it actually had it in the name, you know, like the watergate hotel did.

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Ah, necromancy. My favorite. The most environmentally friendly magic.

Reduce -> Reuse -> Reanimate

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Unfortunate coincidence. The storefront existed long before the harrasement campaign did. (GG was the incredibly uncreative name Adam Baldwin came up with, becuase of course he'd use the most hackiest name for it.)

Ah geez. That's rough.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

BATTLETECH BATTLETECH BATTLETECH!!!

If you've been meaning to buy it or even just try it, now's is a good opportunity.

It really is a great game. It really also has a bad tutorial and an unforgiving learning curve. So if you are playing it and get lost or need some tips throw up an @ and I'll come mechsplain things.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Double post sorry not sorry can't stop the meching!!

Hello Friends who have BATTLETECH wishlisted: Free weekend on on Steam!
    @"Ed Gruberman" @Burnage @Maddoc @Euphoriac @Nackmatholn @Halfazedninja @zagdrob @chocobolicious @Shapeshifter @DietarySupplement @CNCaudata @"Descendant X" @WIckedkarma @Grove @Mai-Kero @"The Dude With Herpes" @"Gear Girl" @captaink @Asthariel @"Dr. Chaos" @Just_Bri_Thanks @cB557 @Pailryder @Feriluce @DarkPrimus @shade @davidsdurions @NailbunnyPD @Fraz @Psiberian @Ceno @Veagle @Florin @Broncbuster @Goldenbarqs @Killjoy @DoctorArch @"Houk the Namebringer" @Fishman @xiears @Lucascraft @Durinia @MrVyngaard @Donnicton @dresdenphile @noweat @Qanamil @anoffday @Veevee @Masume @Zavian @Forar @cooljammer00 @ChaosHat @Jungleskye @Sabo @Peff @imdointhis @"Man of the Waves" @Ashe @Todesbart @staplerofpaper @SirMonty @AnteCantelope @ebotastic @Corehealer @Lalabox @Fleeb @Wintermute @chiasaur11 @Bullio @Dashui @Bullhead @simac @Drovek @TreadLife @Kami @emp123 @durandal4532 @giltanis @Baz

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    This hits way too close to home
    xywajleypi08.jpeg

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

@"Ed Gruberman" @Burnage @Maddoc @Euphoriac @Nackmatholn @Halfazedninja @zagdrob @chocobolicious @Shapeshifter @DietarySupplement @CNCaudata @"Descendant X" @WIckedkarma @Grove @Mai-Kero @"The Dude With Herpes" @"Gear Girl" @captaink @Asthariel @"Dr. Chaos" @Just_Bri_Thanks @cB557 @Pailryder @Feriluce @DarkPrimus @shade @davidsdurions @NailbunnyPD @Fraz @Psiberian @Ceno @Veagle @Florin @Broncbuster @Goldenbarqs @Killjoy @DoctorArch @"Houk the Namebringer" @Fishman @xiears @Lucascraft @Durinia @MrVyngaard @Donnicton @dresdenphile @noweat @Qanamil @anoffday @Veevee @Masume @Zavian @Forar @cooljammer00 @ChaosHat @Jungleskye @Sabo @Peff @imdointhis @"Man of the Waves" @Ashe @Todesbart @staplerofpaper @SirMonty @AnteCantelope @ebotastic @Corehealer @Lalabox @Fleeb @Wintermute @chiasaur11 @Bullio @Dashui @Bullhead @simac @Drovek @TreadLife @Kami @emp123 @durandal4532 @giltanis @Baz
    Niiice.

Thanks for the heads up.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Oh man, minion horde game and about necromancy? To the wishlist it goes.

Would love it if it had a release date, but we take what we can get.

steam_sig.png
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    But of course this is the one weekend this month that I cant slack and play games all weekend. Please enjoy the big stompy robots for me because I probably won't be able to.

Maybe I'll get in an hour or so of playtime on Sunday.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Niiice.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, this is awesome! I've been in the mood for something like this lately, and this should give me a good feel if the game is actually for me (there are some design elements that aren't bad exactly, but I tend to find frustrating/unfun). Cheers!

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »

Even more proof that naming anything "-gate" was a stupid idea to begin with. Unless of course it actually had it in the name, you know, like the watergate hotel did.
    No youre thinking of Watergategate.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    y2wcXNJm.jpg

cB557 on

Oh man, minion horde game and about necromancy? To the wishlist it goes.

Would love it if it had a release date, but we take what we can get.

Release dates are often a grave secret, but maybe it's buried somewhere on their web site?

fake edit: a bit of digging turns up "early March" so hey, at least you won't grow old waiting for it...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Experience's Horror VN Death Mark is getting a Steam release in about a month. Basically the story is that there's a rumor going around that if a cursed mark appears on your body, you're fated to die a supernatural death of some kind. You play as an amnesiac who wakes up to find the mark on them(of course), and are brought to a mansion with other people with the same mark on them to investigate how to not be die. You travel the grounds with a partner and investigate the mansion grounds for clues while avoiding the evil spirits and hazards that are out to kill you in various horrible ways; which partner you take where and how you choose to deal with the spirits(once you've gathered enough clues) will determine who among your party lives or dies.

Trailer(console version)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gBPQViZuyw

edited February 2019

Necromancers seem to be making a comeback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJpXCAUyTSY

Iratus: Lord of the Dead is a Darkest Dungeon where you are a necromancer, harvesting parts of the undead slain to build your undead minions ot send forth and do your bidding.

Only complaint for both of these is it looks like it's just a dude, where my lady necro at?

Karoz on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Iratus: Lord of the Dead is a Darkest Dungeon where you are a necromancer, harvesting parts of the undead to send forth your undead minions.

Only complaint for both of these is it looks like it's just a dude, where my lady necro at?

Hot Topic

Karoz wrote: »

Iratus: Lord of the Dead is a Darkest Dungeon where you are a necromancer, harvesting parts of the undead to send forth your undead minions.

Hot Topic

Oh my~~

n97de5y1bhsj.png

@Malakaius did a thing while my back was turned. Can you imagine?

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    evst645gstwe.jpg
    Don't believe @Pixelated Pixie 's lies! Slander! She assaulted me with a bladed furry! oh wait... Fury... That makes more sense... This looks super neat! Thank you! <3<3<3<3

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Airborne Kingdom just got announced. It looks dope as hellllll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMzVgQTj_zI

Stabbity_Style.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Now that sounds intriguing. Another builder game to add to the collection.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    The geographer in me loves the map beneath it

Airborne Kingdom just got announced. It looks dope as hellllll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMzVgQTj_zI

1) I cannot wait to see the competing screenshots from this

2) I'm willing to bet money that more than one DnD campaign will take place in a Kingdom/castle that the DM builds in this game. And those campaigns will be DOOOOOOOOPE

• EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular

Thanks for this :)

Motherf-

Welp. I've become that which I hate. I forgot to pause my Humble Monthly.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    @Iolo is a mentions terrorist.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Many thanks to @Albino Bunny for ...

0evba8unzsm5.png

Now, I think it's time to blow this scene; so get everybody and their stuff together.

Let's jam.

Elvenshae wrote: »
    Many thanks to @Albino Bunny for ...

0evba8unzsm5.png

Now, I think it's time to blow this scene; so get everybody and their stuff together.

Let's jam.

DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Qanamil wrote: »
    Iolo is a mentions terrorist.

Hey now, I only built the weapon for a single, state-sponsored use well within the GenevaMentions Convention. Other people have been deploying it willy nilly!

:)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
This discussion has been closed.