As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If you are F2P you'll need every rainbow crystal you can get.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    I pulled. One disco. Riku's AOSB dupe, bleh.

So I rage pulled and got a dupe Sora's LMR... and Riku's Awakening! (Poor choices rewarded again!) Riku gets to keep his position leading off my Dark team. Had AOSB/USB/LMR. I've got Seifer's CSB and pulled Tyro's USB4 last Fest, so I'm thinking Riku's USB may not get much use anymore. :D

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    By the way, I don't feel bad at all for only getting Sora's LMR and AOSB. Slotted him in my Tiamat Team just to see how he would perform and you know what? that LMR plus his LD isn't bad at all.
    f7oihcgu2qhh.jpg

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @silence1186 This may be a personal problem, but can you keep the [FFRK] at the start of the thread title, it takes me way too long to find this way.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    By the way, I don't feel bad at all for only getting Sora's LMR and AOSB. Slotted him in my Tiamat Team just to see how he would perform and you know what? that LMR plus his LD isn't bad at all.
    f7oihcgu2qhh.jpg

My Tiamat team uses Sora ASB/LMR, Squall OSB/LMR, Edge USB0, Rinoa (or Serah) Ice CSB, and Onion BSB/LMR. It consistently takes 16-20 seconds, with only Wall, Sealion, and Edge for mitigation. En-element materia + ASB is crazy good for 4* magicite.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    silence1186 This may be a personal problem, but can you keep the [FFRK] at the start of the thread title, it takes me way too long to find this way.

Aww. I will admit to a certain amount of self satisfaction over the title. Do you not like it besides that?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Someone pointed out: almost a pity we get the 40 pulls now instead of 6 months from now. JP's pool has a bunch of AASBs.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Someone pointed out: almost a pity we get the 40 pulls now instead of 6 months from now. JP's pool has a bunch of AASBs.

less than you'd think, i think someone said it's only the fest plus the first month for them, so it's like 12? obviously someone's gonna get one but it's not great odds.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Aww I thought the 40 was tonight. I have pull withdrawal here.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Huh, someone on Reddit pointed out a neat idea - if you're using an Awakening and you still can't break a 5* magicite's Savage mode with a quadstrike or a 6*, use a 4* ability instead. The overall multiplier is lower, but it all comes out as one hit and will almost certainly break the damage cap.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Huh, someone on Reddit pointed out a neat idea - if you're using an Awakening and you still can't break a 5* magicite's Savage mode with a quadstrike or a 6*, use a 4* ability instead. The overall multiplier is lower, but it all comes out as one hit and will almost certainly break the damage cap.

Also a lot easier to hone to R5 for the 30% ability boost

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Kinda sad we don't have a KH2 Sora and Riku wardrobe record. I think the Sora costume from that game is my favorite look for him.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Oh hell, draws are up NOW. 40 x2 and the Wondrous.

First 40 pull: 5/40 - Bartz Wind BSB, minwu lmr, machina LMR, WoL OS (dupe), Shantotto Chain!

edit 1: Second pull, slightly disappoint, 7/40
    Rosa BSB, Rikku BSB, Hope LMR, Emperor LMR, Lulu LMR (dupe), Hope OSB (dupe), Rikku USB2 (dupe)

Looks like the Wondrous pick list is about the same as the last USB Dream relic pool. Still some solid stuff in it though, but nothing newer.

edit 2: Wondrous Draw, 3/11 Discos - Arc USB (dupe), Aphmau USB (dupe), Sephiroth OSB. Oh well, at least Selh is new and Arc has holy damage. No idea what to select for the USB yet.

Good luck to all!

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Well damn. I was going to go to bed, but hell, I'll do the 40.

Uhhh, I think this is 4/40, with 2 discos. Hard to see behind all that silver.

Indeed it was.

Yda LMR (chance to self-bubble when using Monk attacks)
    Terra Glint dupe
    Kain Overstrike
    Nanaki USB dupe.

Well, not bad for free. The Yda thing probably isn't going to entice me to use her BSB again, but the Kain thing is nice to go with his Ultra. In fact, the Overstrike is a jump, meaning that the Ultra will make it instant. Sweet.

OK, time to incinerate a whole bunch of silvers to make room for the next 40.

Roll #2. Looks like 7/40, with 2 discos again.

Interesting stuff.

Leon (II) BSB. One of those Dark Knight ones that tries to make a Drain command enticing. Still, Endark for him will be good for future FFII team missions.
    Zack LMR. Chance to chase Wind damage with more Wind damage. Would be good if I had even a one soul break for him.
    Seifer LMR. Endark at start of battle. Not terrible. More of a "if I get more Seifer things" tool.
    Mog LMR2? He had 2 of these things? Extend stat buffs caused by the user. Considering I have his Burst and both Ultras, this could actually be real neat for the purpose of allowing him to properly cycle the two. It might be worth using over the one that adds an extra dance to chase dances?
    Cloud Glint dupe.
    Edgar Ultra dupe
    Setzer Ultra!

God, I wish I'd got the Setzer Ultra a long time ago. Dance has really dominated the support style of things, and it's hard to swing a Support who isn't also a buffer. I'm still totally going to try using it and seeing what happens, though. I can't not. If nothing else, I can try stuffing him into my FFVI Torment team. All those chases should add nicely to the Realm chain.

Nothing earth-shattering, but I got a few neat toys from this, for free.

Edit:

Setzer Ultra speeds up his actions each time he does damage with a Support ability. What if R5 Affliction Break spam, and Entrust?

Enlong on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    First 40x

4 Discos
    1 Rainbow
    2 Gold

Red Scorpion, Krile 6 star. It's a "Chain"?
    Silver Scythe, Sice 6 Star "Ultra"? What? Edit: 10 physical dark + non elemental, EnDark, "Malice Mode." Malice mode causes dark abilities to trigger Powerchain effect and buff critical chance, and a second break called Culling Scythe fires off when Malice Mode ends.
    Magika Album, "Elarra" 6 Star. Another Ultra. Healer + Haste + Regen. I'm guessing Elarra is the female keeper? I need to unlock her.
    Oversoul, Cid FFXIII 6 Star Over Strike. Uses Doom as a mechanic (eww) Dark + Holy.
    Tidus's Armguards, which has a Legend Materia

Second 40x

4 Discos
    2 Rainbows
    7 Gold

... Jesus.

Gaia Gear, Maria 6 star. An "Arcane," whatever that means. Earth magic triple nuke.
    Avengers, Ignis 6 Star. Ultra. Um. That's a lot of text. Fire / Non Elemental physical, EnFire, Attack Up M, Def up S, Fire abilities causes Powerchain effect to the entire party.
    Yukimitsu, Thancred 6 Star. Daggers. Ugh, lot of text. I need to go back and look at the Silver Scythe above again. 10x Earth + Fire attack. Magic + Def Large Break. Ninja damage buff. "Brave mode" and "Brave level 2." Whatever that means.
    Stoneblande, Steiner. Has a Synergy bonus, whatever that means. "Over Strike." Massive Physical Fire + Lightning + Ice. Bonus to vulnerable targets, can break cap.
    Quistis's Uniform, Quistis 5 Star, Legend Materia. Slight chance to doublecast black magic.
    Ignis's Fatigues, Ignis 5 star, Legend Materia. Reduce delay for first 3 turns of battle.
    Rune Axe, Leon 5 star. Burst. 8 physical dark, haste + burst, EnDark
    Sice's Guise, Sice 5 star. 8 physical dark + non elemental, moderal attack + mind to whole party. Doom all allies (30 seconds). Haste all allies. Burst mode for the user. Why in the world would you ever use this?!
    Light Robe, Sarah 5 star. Burst. Moderate Party Heal, Avoid 1 Magic Attack, Self Mind and Res Bust, Haste and Burst mode.

I uh... did I win the gacha today?

Edit: I have auto-sell 4 stars and lower enabled, is there a reason not to enable that option?

KiTA on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Kain USB to OSB spam is hilariously fun if you have enough entrusters to keep the party rolling.

I still try to work Setzer into teams when debuffs are relevant. With the USB plus it's chase, plus his LM2 which adds another random debuff, plus full break and a breakdown and you can do pretty much hit the full range of debuffs. Not really optimal I guess, but I get a kick out of one person putting out so many breaks.

• Options
    Oh, it's a midnight thing? Okay!

Pull 1: 5 with 2 discos:

Estinien enWind LMR (sure)
    Dupe Lulu LMR
    Dupe Delita LMR
    Irvine USB.... Which may see immediate use in Mateus?
    Dupe PCecil USB1

Pull2 : 8! But still 2 discos
    Dupe potato BSB (but I still use that weapon, so a stronger one is fine)
    Wreig BSB (lol)
    Dupe kimahri burst
    Dupe auron burst
    Scott burst (ii coverage, I guess)
    Dupe Penelo LMR
    Nabaat USB (+dark whip? That'll see use :p)
    Aerith USB1 dupe

Sucks that two of my four discos are dupes (and 6 of my 9 rainbows), but XIII is one of my Torments I need some help in, and I certainly can't complain about the price.

Finagled my way down for wonderous draw, 3/11 all disco:

OK OSB (sure, I'll take more stats for him)
    Dupe cloud USB1
    Fucking Terra AOSB whoooo!

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Chains are soul breaks that temporarily increase damage of a particular element for the team. The multiplier grows as you hit the enemy with more elemental attacks during the effect. Chains are very powerful and rightly sought-after.

Elarra’s Ultra is a true jackpot item. It instantly heals the party, makes their next 2 actions quicker (not to be confused with Haste), and applies Regenga, which continues to heal the team a few times over the next few seconds, for like 2000 HP each time. It’s very, very strong.

Some of your other stuff is also quite good (particularly that Sice Ultra), but I need to sleep, rather than write.

Edit: oh, the reason to have an effect that Dooms the party is because there are several powerful Darkness abilities that become stronger if the user is Doomed. Something that Dooms the party frees them of needing to carry their own source of Doom. It’s very much a situationally usable effect, for if you’re fielding a team full of dark knights.

Enlong on
  • Options
    KiTA wrote: »
    I uh... did I win the gacha today?

Edit: I have auto-sell 4 stars and lower enabled, is there a reason not to enable that option?

Given you got an AASB before, this week has been good to you.

That chain is a gen1 chain, so not the better new types, but still a great get - you'll want to try to have one for every element eventually. It gives a passive boost to fire damage for everyone, and every fire hit increases all subsequent hits by 1% while the meter is up.

Elarra's USB is the best healing item in the game.

Sice's USB is great
    Maria's AOSB is very strong Earth magic, which is a rare combo (Earth bis mostly physical)

Ignis's USB is unfair, particularly in combo with the fire chain you just got.

Seriously, focus on Elarra, krile, 8gnis, and whoever your AASB was and you've basically got a team that should be able to clear anything that isn't torment, magicite, or heals with fire.

• Options
    Also, doom is fine. Raines operates around it, and a common thing to do is cast memento mori on yourself at the start of a battle to get a mag boost and all his stuff boosted with doom.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Seriously, focus on Elarra, krile, 8gnis, and whoever your AASB was and you've basically got a team that should be able to clear anything that isn't torment, magicite, or heals with fire.

AASB was KH Riku. Where do I unlock Elarra?

KiTA on
  • Options

Ah, shit. It won't synergize as well as Sora would since he'd feed the chain, but still.

If you have access to the hall of rites (clivk the annex in the top right), then go into soul of a hero, she should be towards the bottom. I THINK you should have gotten some souls from... Stuff?

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Fun fact: Irvine USB and Terra AOSB are both my first +fire physical weapons other than a poor fist weapon (not counting keyblade)

No idea how it's taken this long.

E: Irvine, why is your dive sharpshooter based and not machinist?

E: yes, I know terra's is a magic weapon, but it's a sword, which is good enough.

Jragghen on
  • Options

Ah, shit. It won't synergize as well as Sora would since he'd feed the chain, but still.

If you have access to the hall of rites (clivk the annex in the top right), then go into soul of a hero, she should be towards the bottom. I THINK you should have gotten some souls from... Stuff?

Oh I've got like 80 or 90 Souls of Heroes, hah. Is she not unlockable other than that?

I have approaching 250 mythril, maybe I should roll on the KH banner again.

• Options
    I'd hold off.

4th anniversary is coming up and there's plenty of other AASB inbound, along with a banner with lots of chains.

She's unlockable in some rare events, but that's one of the primary ways to unlock characters now, yeah

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I'd hold off.

4th anniversary is coming up and there's plenty of other AASB inbound, along with a banner with lots of chains.

She's unlockable in some rare events, but that's one of the primary ways to unlock characters now, yeah

Ah, I thought she might have been unlockable via Record Dungeons or Nightmare mode or something. There's a lot of content I haven't done yet, since I'm trying to burn through all the Realm dungeons.

Edit: I just checked, and heh, I have enough more than enough Souls of Heroes to unlock everything not unlocked in the Halls of Rights. Getting memory crystals, especially MC3s, is another story, haha.

KiTA on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Setzer Ultra speeds up his actions each time he does damage with a Support ability. What if R5 Affliction Break spam, and Entrust?

IIRC, there was some maniac who got sub 30 on the D$$$ Torment with Setzer ultra and a highly honed Quad Foul. Did you remember there's another 6* support ability? I didn't!

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Wonder Draw

Auron BSB (Dupe)
    Eiko BSB - New~ Have her USB, SSB, LMR so sure :)

Picked: Tyro Godwall.

40 Draw 1- 9/40 7 rainbows and 2 disco

Celes BSB
    Kain BSB (Dupe 5?)
    Garnet BSB (Dupe) - 3rd +lightning staff which Onion will use!
    Raijin LMR - Have his OSB but I won't be using him.
    Sarah LMR - Okay, have her BSB and don't plan to dive.
    Kefka LMR - Doublecast and I have his BSB 2 so this is decent.
    Sephiroth LMR - EnDark and I have ASB, USB2 and Dive.
    Cloud ASB (Dupe) - This is a good +Wind Sword so a nice dupe!
    Shantoto ASB - Total happiness when I saw the dark staff pop up! Have her USB/BSB/SSBX2/Glint/LMR/Dive

40 Draw 2 - 5/40 3 rainbows and 2 disco

Gilgamesh BSB (Dupe)
    Tidus Glint - Have Chain/USB/OSB/BSB1/SSB/Dive so at very least it's +10 atk.
    Seymour BSB2 - okay.
    Nine USB - Seems fine and it is a realm I don't have much in general.
    Lenna USB - Large Medica, Last Stand and Barrier - I'm happy with new healer USBs for the neo torments.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    t1qr3nrcpl78.png

Second pull was unremarkable but it had Ignis USB which was new

Select got me Basch USB2

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yes!

Waifu Lightning Pull and Ice Chain!!!!
    8ktr80cgfz6f.png

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Decided to do a KH 11x. I got jealous of Varg's 7 discos.

2 discos.

Sora AASB -- Two Become One, 6 star Keyblade. 15 Ranged Fire, Lightning, Ice, Non elemental attacks, buff Fire/Lightning/Ice levels by 3, Temporarily grant them Awoken Spellblade Mode, Increase their Cap Break Level by 1, and cause every 3rd spellblade ability they use to trigger the follow-up ability Blitz. Awoken Spellblade: Unlimited use of Spellblade abilities, Moderate spellblade ability boost, and Spellblade abilities trigger twice. Aka the "Fuck you and your elemental resistances" stick.
    Riku USB -- Way to the Dawn, 6 star Keyblade. 10 ranged physical dark and non elemental attacks, EnDark, lower mind raise attack moderate, cause dark abilities to trigger Darkhand Scourge, dealing 5 physical dark and non elemental attacks to one target.

So yeah, I got both KH Awakenings, apparently, and now have Riku's Awakening, Glint, and USB.

Riku's AASB, Glint, and USB all uh... they link up pretty well, don't they? Awakening is a huge dark ability on it's own, gives him infinite dark abilities that trigger twice, causes a follow-up dark attack after each one, and the USB... also causes another follow-up that does 5 dark and non-elemental after each dark ability. Don't know if they stack. I don't get what his Glint does exactly, but it seems like it either EnDark or Dark attack powerup... and has a powerchain effect. Because what he really needs during all this is extra turns.

... What's this about "Materia" dungeons and elemental weaknesses? Is there a Dark one of those? And uh, fire, given the other stuff I got today?

I still haven't even done the Wondrous or the Full Throttle, since I don't know what to aim for with the bonuses for them. Or the Acolyte draws. (Which are free?) Or any of the discounted Realm draws.

KiTA on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    glints aren't generally worth bothering with, the only ones that are are if you have enelement + an ASB, or various edge cases like yuffie/celes/edgar and cura glints like eiko/elarra

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So the 40 draw pool runs up to the FF9 event we had in December.

The Wondrous draw pool runs up to the FF8 event that we just had at the beginning of February. Selections look like they go up to the FF12 event last August.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Big thing was Noctis’ AASB. Also Nine/Fran/Exdeath USB.

Also I picked Mogs USB from the wonder wonder draw because I wanna do that Torment

Javen on
  • Options
    Yes, you should be able to stack Riku ultra and Awakening. You should get follow-up attacks from both. Yes, that should be super disgusting. Especially if you have a dark chain active.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Yes, you should be able to stack Riku ultra and Awakening. You should get follow-up attacks from both. Yes, that should be super disgusting. Especially if you have a dark chain active.

Sadly, no dark chain, unless I can pick one up from one of those 500 gem things. Squad goals and all that.

• Options
    Wondrous draw - 2/11, no disco
    Ceodore BSB (dupe)
    Nabaat LMR (w-cast, neat for magic imperil dark)

Free 40-1 - 4/11, two discos
    Xezat BSB (dupe, but +ice ATK armor!)
    Lann LMR (en-fire but lolBeyond)
    Terra BUSB (sweet, better than her USB1 if tranced)
    Kain USB (no idea if I can even fit him in but damnit I'ma try)

Free 40-2 - 5/11, two discos
    Aerith BSB2 (dupe)
    Guy BSB (not too useful compared to Dorgann)
    Emperor Glint (the hell? Bar-lightning on a glint?)
    Agrias OSB (dupe)
    Shadow USB (hot damn, and I just got his en-dark LMR, too)

Not sure what I'll pick for my USB yet, but that's not a bad haul at all!

• Options
    Did my two free 40 pulls.

6/40, 5 (!) Discos.
    Papa Glint
    Tidus OSB (Dupe)
    Aranea USB
    King USB
    Krile bUSB
    Lenna USB2 (Dupe)

5/40, 3 Discos.
    Selphie BSB1 (lol)
    Cyan BSB1 (non-elemental?! how old is this)
    Galuf USB1
    Galuf Chain!
    Papa AOSB

I am supremely satisfied with this. With the extra Papa and Krile tech, I should be able to sub-30s Manticore now, and I can probably make a run at sub-30s Quetz with Galuf now. King might shake up my Famfrit team? Edgar is already LD'ed though.

This also shores up my FF5 Torment part 3 Earth team quite well, and gives me options to possibly try Fire as well. I think this also gets me clears of the FF14 and 15 Torment part 3s. King definitely makes my Type-0 Torment team, though I still need a medica for that realm.

Last question: I already have Tidus's OSB +Water sword, as well as a 6* +Water Fist and Thrower. Do I:
    a) Keep the +Water swords seperate
    b) combine the +Water swords
    c) vault the 6* to turn into a rainbow shard later

Will probably do the Wondrous Draw later, but put off the pick until the last moment, per usual. I still need to do KH banner 1 pulls at some point as well.

There's not enough inventory!

• Options
    I'd keep the second water sword for now, and maybe combine it later. Four DPS is a thing, and also depending on what SBs you have it can be tough to deploy the water fist and thrower at the same time.

• Options
    I wouldn't shard any 6* weapons with a native boost unless you're just drowning in them. Water swords are usable by Sora (with Stormspell Strike) Paine, Tidus, and Bartz, so there's always the chance of needing more than one.

This discussion has been closed.