As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox/XBL] Battlefront II SP Sucked (but Gavankar was great): A Retrospective

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    A PLATINUM STYLE CHARACTER ACTION GAME
    Yeah nah the E3 trailer said it'll just be an insanely high-resolution 2.5D sidescroller

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    With hand-drawn visuals, so there's that.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Is there a Rare team working on something else besides Sea of Thieves and avatars? Surely they must be. And now that Microsoft's desire for "games as a service" seems to be dying down, maybe that means they'll finally let Rare be Rare?

Sea of Theives was apparently Rare being Rare.

Isn't Sea of Thieves supposed to be good now? Twitch viewership (not the best metric, I know) would lead me to think so.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Is there a Rare team working on something else besides Sea of Thieves and avatars? Surely they must be. And now that Microsoft's desire for "games as a service" seems to be dying down, maybe that means they'll finally let Rare be Rare?

Isn't Sea of Thieves supposed to be good now? Twitch viewership (not the best metric, I know) would lead me to think so.

There is a lot more to do in the game (skeleton pirate ships, improved kraken, multiple versions of a huge megoldon style shark) the basic gameplay remains of course and its still a grindy grinderson to get anywhere in the game where griefers can and will ruin evening. But there is a lot of things players can do now.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

I kind of suspect whether Sea of Thieves is good or not doesn't really matter to to some of Rare's fans--the fact that it is an online only nautical sandbox adventure is more important.

I might feel the same way, except I didn't own an Nintendo 64, and didn't give a shit about Rare until quite recently.

EDIT: On the subject of griefers...does anyone actually get griefed now? Possible as a consequence of the actual game-playing population, I've been playing this on the evenings with an old roommate of mine, and except for one time we thought a ship might be chasing us, we've never even remotely been threatened by other players.

In the meantime, every fucking time we go out we've encountered some variety of gigantic sea-going predator. On the first evening he'd ever played the game, we were sunk by a Ghost pirate ship and encountered a Kraken (that we actually managed to chase off). It's hard to give a shit about griefing if the environment will murder you ten times as much.

EDIT EDIT: Sea of Thieves on console is a 30 FPS game, right? It seems like a game where playing at 60 FPS...isn't as much an improvement as it should be. Maybe because of the slow pace of most of the game, and the very simple controls, but playing it on a GTX 1080ti gave a slightly nicer picture at 2160p, but really the framerate boost was barely noticeable.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I still say two of the best 360 games were Nuts and Bolts and Viva Pinata. It's a shame neither game caught on.

I would go for a N&B sequel in a heartbeat, though people would tear it to shreds (again) for not being a platformer.

• Options
    Right, Rare did do Viva Pinata.

That was a fun series. Get those adorable incestuous little critters in the Xbox Franchise Fighting Game.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    There are some pretty strong detractors of Nuts and Bolts out there

Viva Piñata, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure is universally beloved from its main entries (and a current-generation version of one today would get me excited like no tomorrow)

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Nuts and Bolts as a videogame is fantastic.

Nuts and Bolts as a Banjo-Kazooie game was a bit disappointing for people expecting a platformer. Especially given it was like 8 years since the last one. (Though now it's been over 10 years since Nuts and Bolts. Yikes)

Had they put out a new BK platformer a couple years prior, I don't think Nuts and Bolts would have been reviled by the fanbase.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I mean, can it even be called griefing in Sea of Thieves when that’s essentially like a point of the game?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

That was a fun series. Get those adorable incestuous little critters in the Xbox Franchise Fighting Game.

This thing is sounding more and more like Fighters Megamix.

Which was fucking awesome.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Isn't Rare also making a new battletoads at some point?

It's primarily being made by a company called DLaLa Studios.

So who the hell knows if it'll be any good.

Props to Microsoft for actually doing something with the IP, though.

Honestly, even if Rare was making, it still would have been a toss up. They're not the most consistent dev out there.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

This thing is sounding more and more like Fighters Megamix.

Which was fucking awesome.

Thread title more and more appropriate all the time.

Say, considering today’s BC announcements, can anyone tell me whether the super easy unlimited ink ribbons mode is in the Xbox 360 version of Code Veronica? It was originally in the Japanese Dreamcast release but got cut when it was localized on that system.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I still say two of the best 360 games were Nuts and Bolts and Viva Pinata. It's a shame neither game caught on.

I would go for a N&B sequel in a heartbeat, though people would tear it to shreds (again) for not being a platformer.

Nuts & Bolts should have been an original IP, then it would have gotten a fair shake. Promoting a revival of a beloved series and then launching a game in a completely different genre will have predictably bad results. Especially when the story goes out of its way to shit on the genre people were actually wanting.

• Options

Nuts & Bolts should have been an original IP, then it would have gotten a fair shake. Promoting a revival of a beloved series and then launching a game in a completely different genre will have predictably bad results. Especially when the story goes out of its way to shit on the genre people were actually wanting.

I disagree heavily. Taking the piss out of tropes and mechanics is something Rare and the BK series does a lot. Additionally, most of the humor of Nuts and Bolts wouldn't have landed if it had been an original IP.

• Options
    Head's up, the DOA6 demo is 20 gigs.

• Options
    edited February 2019

And is "unavailable at this time" when trying to connect from the start screen. Which I assume means the servers have fallen over.

I played a bit after it hit "ready to start" mid-download, but only managed to get a partial feel for it as I was restricted to training mode without my mains available. I did switch on COM control on the other character so I could at least spar a bit. The Special button will take some getting used to. The tutorial the game has is surprisingly quick and elegant, just showing you the basics and the fundaments of the new mechanics. It feels good so far. One oddity - in the options, there's a setting for prioritising visuals or framerate. I didn't try it then, so I'm not sure what sort of an effect that would have, but it made me cock an eyebrow slightly.

Jazz on
  • Options

And is "unavailable at this time" when trying to connect from the start screen. Which I assume means the servers have fallen over.

Maybe it's not supposed to start until Friday?

• Options

Maybe it's not supposed to start until Friday?

Edited my post: it played fine after "ready to start" popped up but before the download finished. Pretty sure it phoned home for that and still worked.

• Options
    Wait, how'd you get into a match? It's just giving me the unavailable error over and over again.

• Options
    Wait, how'd you get into a match? It's just giving me the unavailable error over and over again.

No matches yet; like I said in my edit above, I only got into training mode, and just played that single-player.

• Options

I played a bit after it hit "ready to start" mid-download, but only managed to get a partial feel for it as I was restricted to training mode without my mains available. I did switch on COM control on the other character so I could at least spar a bit. The Special button will take some getting used to. The tutorial the game has is surprisingly quick and elegant, just showing you the basics and the fundaments of the new mechanics. It feels good so far. One oddity - in the options, there's a setting for prioritising visuals or framerate. I didn't try it then, so I'm not sure what sort of an effect that would have, but it made me cock an eyebrow slightly.

I think that's "4k with all the bells and whistles but not locked framerate" vs "Toned down visuals but 60fps". Assuming it's a One X enhancements thing anyway.

This talks a lot about the Special button:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2hbqcJeqNM

• Options

No matches yet; like I said in my edit above, I only got into training mode, and just played that single-player.

I meant how did you get into training mode?

• Options

Here's what I want on the next Xbox: in addition to sending an alert to your console from your browser or phone, I want it to send an alert back saying "Your external storage is full, install it to the console?" or vice versa.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

I disagree heavily. Taking the piss out of tropes and mechanics is something Rare and the BK series does a lot. Additionally, most of the humor of Nuts and Bolts wouldn't have landed if it had been an original IP.

The game says that platforming is old and busted. I don't find that particularly clever coming from a team of mostly new Rare employees who really couldn't shine the shoes of the guys who made Banjo Kazooie and Tooie. And what do you know, their game re-killed the series but the Rare Replay was popular as were some of the spiritual successors.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

I'd be curious to how as well

• Options
    The DoA6 demo timer was broken when it first went up, you could get right in and play around with stuff (though “fight” was grayed out, at least for me)

They fixed it a couple of hours later and now it will officially start working at 8 AM Best Coast time.

• Options
    edited February 2019

It just connected and worked? I don't really know what else to tell you. Then when the download finished it wouldn't connect again.

Edit:
    The DoA6 demo timer was broken when it first went up, you could get right in and play around with stuff (though “fight” was grayed out, at least for me)

They fixed it a couple of hours later and now it will officially start working at 8 AM Best Coast time.

That'll probably be what it was.

Remember when a demo was a goddamn demo, none of this faffing around? :lol:

Jazz on
  • Options
    I'm bummed, the same friend of mine who plays Sea of Thieves will be visiting me tomorrow, so I can't show him the DOA6 demo (at least, I thought it wasn't running on Saturday).

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Ori would make a good mascot...if we were still in the age of console mascots. It's a shame Ori and the Blind Forest wasn't around in the original Xbox's life cycle, when the console was looking for a mascot (and tried various things, most of which are long forgotten). The Master Chief basically became the unofficial mascot, but by then, I personally think the console mascot era came to an end. Crash was obviously the Playstation 1's mascot, but I don't think people were saying "Oh yeah, he's Playstation's mascot" the same way by the PS3's long life cycle. Mario is more of an exceptional case, but that's reflecting Nintendo's unique formula of retelling existing stories in new games (the Zelda effect)--plus, he's Mario, a juggernaut of the industry.

Ori definitely belongs in a sort of "pantheon" of Xbox heroes and heroines, protagonists, or whatever you'd call them--along with the Master Chief, Cortana, the Arbiter, multiple "gears" from Gears of War, Cuphead and Mugman, Sam Fisher, and the survivor from Sunset Overdrive (just because that's such an excellent game). Maybe Ryu Hayabusa too, as his most famous modern incarnations are still very closely associated with Xbox, but as discussed in the last thread, Team Ninja basically killed Ninja Gaiden as a franchise very shortly after it went multiplatform, so maybe not anymore. It's hard to say if Ori is more deserving than all of those.

Basically, these are the characters I'd "draft" if Microsoft suddenly decided Xbox needed its own version of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (probably don't call it that). Of course, considering how well that worked on Playstation--and how much stronger its historical line-up is then Xbox's--it'd probably be at least as big a mistake.

Heh, I guess Microsoft could do what Sony did, and try and get a few characters who are barely associated with Xbox but technically on it. Noctis, 2B, Senua, Dante or Virgil from Devil May Cry. And a Big Daddy, why not?

I just feel like Ori makes a nice figurehead or icon, though not in a Mario way, necessarily. Even though he's in Rivals of Aether (and thus my main interest in playing that), I have a hard time imagining Ori being the focus of, say, a kart racer.

I'll admit part of my thought process is loving what I saw in the reveal trailer and being part of why I wanted an Xbox One, falling in love when I finally got to play it, and even the power-on chime and light just remind me of Ori somehow.

I don't think Ori should be a "Mr. Video" type role as Mario was made for, but maybe closer to the Pixar lamp.

Side note: PlayStation had this weird habit of having mascots they didn't even own, didn't they? Crash was Naughty Dog and Universal before getting passed around and handed to Activision, and wasn't Lara Croft considered the PlayStation mascot for a time, despite being owned by Eidos and being on PC and Saturn as well?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Ori would make a good mascot...if we were still in the age of console mascots. It's a shame Ori and the Blind Forest wasn't around in the original Xbox's life cycle, when the console was looking for a mascot (and tried various things, most of which are long forgotten). The Master Chief basically became the unofficial mascot, but by then, I personally think the console mascot era came to an end. Crash was obviously the Playstation 1's mascot, but I don't think people were saying "Oh yeah, he's Playstation's mascot" the same way by the PS3's long life cycle. Mario is more of an exceptional case, but that's reflecting Nintendo's unique formula of retelling existing stories in new games (the Zelda effect)--plus, he's Mario, a juggernaut of the industry.

Ori definitely belongs in a sort of "pantheon" of Xbox heroes and heroines, protagonists, or whatever you'd call them--along with the Master Chief, Cortana, the Arbiter, multiple "gears" from Gears of War, Cuphead and Mugman, Sam Fisher, and the survivor from Sunset Overdrive (just because that's such an excellent game). Maybe Ryu Hayabusa too, as his most famous modern incarnations are still very closely associated with Xbox, but as discussed in the last thread, Team Ninja basically killed Ninja Gaiden as a franchise very shortly after it went multiplatform, so maybe not anymore. It's hard to say if Ori is more deserving than all of those.

Basically, these are the characters I'd "draft" if Microsoft suddenly decided Xbox needed its own version of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (probably don't call it that). Of course, considering how well that worked on Playstation--and how much stronger its historical line-up is then Xbox's--it'd probably be at least as big a mistake.

Heh, I guess Microsoft could do what Sony did, and try and get a few characters who are barely associated with Xbox but technically on it. Noctis, 2B, Senua, Dante or Virgil from Devil May Cry. And a Big Daddy, why not?

I just feel like Ori makes a nice figurehead or icon, though not in a Mario way, necessarily. Even though he's in Rivals of Aether (and thus my main interest in playing that), I have a hard time imagining Ori being the focus of, say, a kart racer.

I'll admit part of my thought process is loving what I saw in the reveal trailer and being part of why I wanted an Xbox One, falling in love when I finally got to play it, and even the power-on chime and light just remind me of Ori somehow.

I don't think Ori should be a "Mr. Video" type role as Mario was made for, but maybe closer to the Pixar lamp.

Side note: PlayStation had this weird habit of having mascots they didn't even own, didn't they? Crash was Naughty Dog and Universal before getting passed around and handed to Activision, and wasn't Lara Croft considered the PlayStation mascot for a time, despite being owned by Eidos and being on PC and Saturn as well?

Ori is cool, don't get me wrong, and has a certain minimalist elegance--but it's only been around since 2015, twelve years into the Xbox division's lifespan, and only for the last four years. Ori's still a newcomer, to the point where it would be awkward to suddenly hoist it up as the brand's champion of sorts. That's purely my own feelings, it's entirely an artistic choice no matter what.

Honestly, Cortana is a better "figurehead" in that role (though certainly not the perfect one), even if that is practical (part of Microsoft's wider AI/voice command integration) in a way Ori wouldn't be. Plus, however you feel about the system itself, the circular emblem is very well suited to that.

Though all this conversation though has left me thinking about who I'd want a on "dream roster" for Xbox Heroes Rumble (it's important the name be as bad as Playstation's Smash Brothers clone), whether it was an arena fighter or, as @baudattitude proposed, a Musou game. You can be damn sure Ori would be there, and I think it'd be kind of brilliant to have the Sea of Thieves pirate and the Sunset Overdrive Employee-of-the-Month as randomly generated male or female characters (that maybe you can configure in the selection screen) that have all the same controls/move list. I've had way too much fun thinking of different tiers and Playstation-style guest characters. :lol:

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

The game says that platforming is old and busted. I don't find that particularly clever coming from a team of mostly new Rare employees who really couldn't shine the shoes of the guys who made Banjo Kazooie and Tooie. And what do you know, their game re-killed the series but the Rare Replay was popular as were some of the spiritual successors.

I dunno, I'm a big BK fan and I thought Nuts & Bolts was hilarious and fun to play.

And considering the original makers of BK went on to make Yooka-Laylee… I'm kinda glad we got Nuts & Bolts.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Terry Crews for Killer Instinct

• Options
    Terry Crews for Killer Instinct

And Ryu Hayabusa. DO IT.

Killer Instinct on the whole has been properly careful and methodical about the guest characters it integrates, which hasn't detracted from its quality as a 2D fighter. So they're not going to pull absurd shit like in a hypothetical arena fighter or Musou game. Though I'd need to add KI characters to my mental list now...

• Options
    They somehow managed to fit a Battletoad into the game, so it's not wholly out of the question either

• Options
    I'm bummed, the same friend of mine who plays Sea of Thieves will be visiting me tomorrow, so I can't show him the DOA6 demo (at least, I thought it wasn't running on Saturday).

22-24 if I remember rightly, so you should be fine. :)

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I'm trying to troubleshoot because it's been popping up recently, is anyone having ping spikes with the One X wireless? It is almost a consistent hiccup every five minutes and at first I thought it was the servers and I know it's not my internet (57 down, 6 up, 13 ms ping when i checked last night). I've been using the same airport extreme router that was used with my old One S and it's always been super solid on everything else, I'm just trying to check things off my list.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    They somehow managed to fit a Battletoad into the game, so it's not wholly out of the question either

And General RAAM!

Though honestly, the integration was very well done--and we've already seen a Spartan in Dead or Alive 4, so that'd really be within their capabilities. Someone like Cortana, maybe not, but I could just lack imagination.

Anyway, here's my I'm-bored-at-work fighter list for Xbox Hero Fighters Rumble (or insert your terrible name here), Microsoft's break out 4-player arena/Musou action hybrid game that they'd pour an absurd amount of money in and would probably flop. Organized by tier and who Microsoft would have to pay exorbitant bribes too. Developed by, I don't fucking know, Ninja Theory. DLC plan includes The Hunt for Don Mattrick's Gold game mode.

Premiere (of course they'd be here, moron) Tier

343 Industries

John-117
    Avery Johnson (duh!)
    Jameson Locke (that's right, suck it haters)
    Olympia Vale (because Laura Bailey should be in every video game ever made)
    Edward Buck (because Firefly nerds don't ever shut up, no, I'm kidding, he's great)
    Arbiter Thel 'Vadamee (who's...already in Killer Instinct)
    Cortana (I'd make a joke about needing to zap or hack people, but Halo 4 already gave her a hard-light body that actually looks like armor)
    Bonus Unlockable Broken Overpowered Troll Character: Warden Eternal

(343 Guilty Spark and other fun monitors possibly as DLC.)

The Coalition

Marcus Fenix
    J.D. Fenix (with hair options)
    Augustus Cole (COLE TRAIN declarations until you throw up)
    Daimon Baird
    Dominic Santiago
    Kait Diaz
    General RAAM (at least he wouldn't work the exact same way as the above Gears)
    Queen Myrrah
    Bonus Unlockable Joke Character: One of the Carmine Brothers.

Studio MDHR

Cuphead (this is pretty self explanatory. Also, he has to be drawn, so let the nightmare begin)
    Mugman
    King Dice

Double Helix Games

Jago
    Sabrewulf
    Glacius
    Thunder
    Spinal
    Fulgore
    Orchid (honestly, it's to hard to choose from KI characters...so I just went with the originals. Assume optional retro 2D skins or something)

Others

Ori (duh!)
    Steve (with optional Herobrine costume)
    Gender/Suit swapable Forza Motorsport driver (yes, it would be like the Stig. No, I don't know how they'd fight)
    Gender/appearance swapable Sea of Thieves Pirate
    Gender/appearance swapable Sunset Overdrive Employee-of-the-Month
    Gender swapable Fable hero
    Jack Joyce (yes, I know, but if we get him we can get...)
    Paul Serene (...because Aidan Gillian is the hero we deserve, and it's not like he's on Game of Thrones anymore. Also, time powers)

And of course, Terry Crews playing a double role as Commander Jaxon and Terry Crews.

Big Deal "Xbox history" Tier

Team Ninja

Ryu Hayabusa (no shit, Microsoft, just flash some cash at Koei Tecmo, not like they're doing shit with him)
    Ayane (fun fact: she's technically in more Team Ninja Xbox titles than any other character)
    Kasumi (something something ruaway shinobi)
    Rachel (really just part of the package)
    Zack (obligatory black dude pretending to be a Japanese standup comedian from the 1970s, set aside cost for Tellytubbies costume licensing)
    Hayate (or maybe Ein, does it really matter?)
    Tina Armstrong (cleavage ahoy)

Aerosmith sound clips not optional.

Smilebit

Beat (gotta get JSRF in here)
    Gum

Capcom

Frank West (he's covered wars, you know)
    Chuck Greene
    Nick Ramos

Others

Kameo (a cameo from Kameo)
    Viva Pinata Pinatas
    Johanna Dark (both Perfect Dark and Perfect Dark Zero versions, shut up, she's cute)
    Sam Fisher (Michael Ironside, accept no substitutes)
    The Two Cute Cops from Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

Middle "Well, they were on Xbox" Tier

Visceral Games

Isaac Clarke
    Ellie Langford
    Nicole Brennan (do some nifty Marker hallucinations or something)

Square-Enix

Claire "Lighting" Farron (to remind people of the great dishonor that was bringing Final Fantasy XIII to another console)
    Noctis Lucis Caelum
    Ignis Scientia (I don't recall asking you what you thought of my recipes)
    Prompto Argentum
    Gladiolus Amicitia (all costumes shirtless)
    Cidney/Cindy Aurum (same as above)
    Sora (that's right, HAHAHAHAHA! Also, maybe give him a Roxas costume)

(Formerly) Telltale Games

Clementine
    Lee Everett
    Jesse (from Minecraft: Story Mode, how's that for an abrupt switch?)
    Petra
    Axel
    Olivia
    Lukas

Others

Senua (complete with highly distracting and disturbing voices)
    Big Daddy (because pretty much everyone played Bioshock on Xbox 360 first)
    Lara Croft (lots of ages, incarnations, and costumes, plus her Xbox exclusive Shadow Doppleganger)
    Assassin's Creed Assassins (just pick them at random, I can't be bothered)
    Yuri Lowell and Repede (remind them where they came from, sort of)
    Agent 47 (the handsomest version, naturally, cowboy, clown, and pelican mascot costumes included)
    Maybe someone from Soulcalibur? Does anyone still give a shit about Spawn?

What the Hell are you thinking Tier

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII's coming to Xbox! That's right! Come at me, bro!)
    Dante (the version who doesn't kind of suck and is in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, ironically)
    Catherine and Katherine (yeah, even I have trouble justifying this beyond that they were on Xbox 360)
    Snake (whichever variety of him would play off Sam Fisher the best)

There! Enough characters to financially cripple a company as large as Microsoft! I'm pretty sure I had more fun typing that then anyone will have reading it.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I'm trying to troubleshoot because it's been popping up recently, is anyone having ping spikes with the One X wireless? It is almost a consistent hiccup every five minutes and at first I thought it was the servers and I know it's not my internet (57 down, 6 up, 13 ms ping when i checked last night). I've been using the same airport extreme router that was used with my old One S and it's always been super solid on everything else, I'm just trying to check things off my list.

That sounds more than likely a router hardware issue (and not an internet or console issue). I've had fewer issues with the wifi on my Xbox One X than my original Xbox One, and it's much better at handling high download speeds (I can get 100 mb/s without issue, which is literally where my bandwidth is supposed to top out).

The obvious recommendation is deleting the wifi network on the Xbox One and setting up back up again, though you've probably already tried that?

This discussion has been closed.