As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I ordered two men's t-shirts about two weeks ago, and they arrived at the end of last week. Wasn't sure if they'd fit me, but both more-or-less do! And I can tweak them with easy sewing fixes if I want them to fit even better.

Why men's? Because dude shirts seems consistently better made than womens' shirts, thicker fabric is used, AND...you get cool designs sometimes, rather than poorly made tops with pink lettering that says "Margarita Wednesdays!!!" or "Math is hard!".....P.S. both of these shirts actually exist

Here are the shirts I bought!
    d266fc4066fe9cc61a88f043247197d9.jpg

I had no idea their logo was made of metal and LITERALLY RIVETED ON. If I can find a way to remove it, I shall. Otherwise I guess I'll just have this piece of hardware constantly catching on the edge of my bra, NBD

AND

Fun sporty shirt!
    _104615030.jpg?h=400&w=300&dpr=2&quality=90&fit=fill&fm=jpg

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I should start wearing a shirt complaining that math is hard
    cause like, man, it really is

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    i really like that second shirt, @NightDragon

my package came in today with the collarless shirt. it looks good under the suit i think. hopefully the wedding's on a cool day; otherwise i'll have to go without the jacket and maybe rock it untucked, but i'm not sure if that can work. at least until i iron the shirt.
    SdXXTOyl.jpg

bonus shirt that i threw in for free shipping:
    LaJ55iQl.jpg

excuse the unmade bed and the 'i just taught 5 classes' pallor

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    There's a Forever 18 here, I wonder if it's a knockoff of the Forever 21 (pardon my British)

Everything looks and is super-cheap

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    where is that second shirt from anywho

poo
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Random curly hair recommendation: I’ve just started using the innersense line. The marketing is a little woo-woo but it does actually make my hair feel fantastic and light, and gives good curl definition with minimal frizz. I’ve been using the hydrating cream hairbath (aka shampoo) and conditioner, sweet spirit leave in conditioner, and quiet calm curl control. It’s also all sulfate and paraben free!

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    johnny cash cosplay day complete with GRUMPY 'TUDE
    ZxqZdyGl.jpg

also got dolled up for a wedding on saturday
    RNPZ9pQl.jpg
    found it

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I wish I could wear dark colors

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I wish I could wear dark colors
    what's stopping you

vQ77AtR.png
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Chronic psoriasis.

Chronic psoriasis.
    aw, dang, yeah

feeling confident is not enough to make that workable by itself :(

vQ77AtR.png

If you're talking to me, it's here:

https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/topman-tape-floral-print-t-shirt/5164062

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Hey fashion thread I decided to celebrate moving down a few sizes (including discovering that I can fit a medium shirt if it's long enough now which hasn't been a thing my entire life, woo) by randomly going through clearance racks at Kohl's on my lunch.

Any opinions on some of the colors below being good for either pair of pants?
    ksayps1g5kw3.jpg

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    i like the far left shirt (pink/coral) and the sandy yellow one for either of those pants. the yellow being more adventurous.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
    Chronic psoriasis.
    aw, dang, yeah

feeling confident is not enough to make that workable by itself :(

Yea its not super bad, but bad enough to be annoying, you know? I need to go back to a dermatologist but since it is mostly "cosmetic" bad it's a toss up whether insurance will cover anything.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I had the vague sense I might expand on my anemic work wardrobe by visiting the thrift store today but I did not enter with any firm goals and instead walked out with this
    ttc4hpjeh3ev.jpg

and either these or something quite similar but a slightly different material; can't tell

bm4pccvp0zf1.jpg

oops; so much for work clothes. And don't I already have enough hoodies including one that's a little asymmetrical+futuristic? Well yes but that one is black and this one is green, so.

For the shoes, what's the best way of cleaning the white part?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Last I heard, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser was the best for cleaning up those white parts of shoes.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Ah wait, these aren't the shoes pictured, because among other things they don't have the branding in the front and they're made of...suede maybe?
    0gpkiq65b4bd.jpg

xku7rjtylr2y.jpg

Additional question: if I wanted to give these the Cayce Pollard treatment--remove branding--what's the best way of doing that? Can I get away with exacto knifing off the brand tag in the back there? (it's rubber and looks like it's fused to the rubber under it)

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Is the text 3d or just printed?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

oh, saturdays is a nice store. they have some nice stuff. dunno the best way to cover up or remove the branding though. wonder if you could just rub it off with some effort

also never can have too many hoodies prob

poo
    credeiki wrote: »
    Additional question: if I wanted to give these the Cayce Pollard treatment--remove branding--what's the best way of doing that? Can I get away with exacto knifing off the brand tag in the back there? (it's rubber and looks like it's fused to the rubber under it)

You could try acetone if it's just ink. That or some other strong solvent. Otherwise yeah, exacto it up!

• KhepraKhepra Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

You could try acetone if it's just ink. That or some other strong solvent. Otherwise yeah, exacto it up!

If you do use acetone (or other organic solvents) exercise a little caution -- a surprising number of synthetic materials (styrofoam, plastics, etc) will just dissolve when treated directly with non-polar solvents, so always start with small quantities in a preferably out-of-sight location to see how the material responds!

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    who makes the good shoes. the good leather shoes.

similar but different question, who makes the good sneaker

What kind

That’s a big question

poo
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    in the first, something that makes your foot fancy,
    in the second, something that makes your foot fast

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Aw man, my winter boots from the start of the year seem to be on their last legs already

I think the salt and wetness got to the zippers, they're both failing around the ankle levels, and the soles are separating enough to let water from all the puddles in

I have some ankle-height boots which will hopefully last through April when we finally hit Spring weather, but hopefully I'll have enough free cash next winter to basically invest in a new wardrobe since all my major purchases/leases/rentals from 2018/early 2019 shouldn't have to be redone

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @credeiki damn I love those shoes

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Projeck wrote: »
    in the first, something that makes your foot fancy,
    in the second, something that makes your foot fast

Budget and general style? Dress shoes (for men) are pretty simple. And you can go as cheap or as expensive as you like, with varying degrees of quality and repairability. If you got $$$ just go to Allen Edmonds and just get a nice pair of cap-toes (walnut or black, generally) and you're set for most things that require dressing relatively business formal+.

Sneakers are a wholly different beast and that really depends on if you're into streetwear stuff, basketball shoes, skate shoes, comfyboi sneakers, classic/retro sneakers, ninja cosplay sneakers, dad shoes, or like a million other things.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Yeah I was gonna say Allen Edmonds for straightforward nice shoe
    My one pair of dress shoes is that, for weddings and stuff

Sneakers though
    That’s a wide range

Common Projects are trendy fancy sneakers these days if we’re talking that style
    Or Greats

But then yeah there’s street style or more running style or skate style or etc etc

poo
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I like Clarks for dress shoes that are more comfortable than they look.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hey thread. I keep smiling into my selfie camera.

And showing my teeth when I do... It's weird...

Is.. Is this what it is like to not have fucked up looking teeth.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Can't help you there, my teeth have been pretty fucked up for years.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

Can't help you there, my teeth have been pretty fucked up for years.

Same.

So I'm admiring the piece of plastic I have now instead. :lol:

edited February 2019
    Hello here are some layers I’m wearing today

RmfMXhe.jpg

Can I just say I really love this dang flannel

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    That looks like a real comfy flannel

The texture on it is rad

I am very annoyed today because I bought this Japanese designer corduroy shirt jacket thing from someone used online
    The tracking info says it got delivered to my office building (where I ship most of my stuff)
    But my mailroom doesn’t know where it is

Grumble hope it’s in the building and it turns up
    Wasn’t cheap and it’s not something I can just get magically shipped again

poo
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    My hair has grown out to the length that shows how thin it is getting in the top front area

I cannot get it cut until Monday at the earliest

DouglasDanger on
  • DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Finally got to try out the bleached podshorts!

cc3hrc4tvkoe.jpg

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    hmm