As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 5: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    No sabotage.

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    no sabo here

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    No Sabotage

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    No Sabotage

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

@El Skid to make it official.

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    No sabo

Activate Creuss. Exhaust Creuss (4R). Spend 5 TG. Produce Hil Colush and 1 infantry (on Creuss).
    T/F/S -> 2/2/1.

@38thDoe

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Play trade.
    Free refresh for Ysaril and L1Z1X.
    Trade 3:3 with Ysaril and 2:2 with LIZIX.

If anyone else wants a free refresh make your bid.
    Otherwise

Secondary Ability: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to replenish Commodities.
    @A Half Eaten Oreo @Phyphor @El Skid @Ketar @Lykouragh

38thDoE on steam

@38thDoe Would you take one TG/commodity at the next opportunity for a refresh?

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Trade 3:3 with Ysaril and 2:2 with LIZIX.

Assuming that both refreshes and transactions are accepted, I'm gonna assume that your contributions to the first trade will be Commodities, and the second Trade Goods?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    El Skid wrote: Β»

Echo

confirm trade

Just rules lawyering, is it legal to trade newly refreshed commodities with the N'orr and then play the secondary and refresh them again?

Just rules lawyering, is it legal to trade newly refreshed commodities with the N'orr and then play the secondary and refresh them again?
    No. As clarified by section 81.4 in the Rules Reference, refreshing commodities as a non-primary player can only be done once, since it is just getting the secondary effect for free rather than some kind of primary-based effect.

4463rwiq7r47.png

Echo

Ghosts and Embers are benefiting a bit more from these deals than average without paying more. I suppose we can accept one commodity from Ghosts since they voted in a very pleasing fashion last time.

38thDoE on steam

38thDoe wrote: Β»

Echo

Ghosts and Embers are benefiting a bit more from these deals than average without paying more. I suppose we can accept one commodity from Ghosts since they voted in a very pleasing fashion last time.

Soooo that's a no you won't refresh my commodities then?

Are you saying you can't spare more than one?

38thDoE on steam

Two TGs for a net 2 commodity refresh is not acceptable, no.

Maybe you could just give us the same deal everyone has been happy with all game?

We'll make the standard offer of 1 TG for a refresh.

Two TGs for a net 2 commodity refresh is not acceptable, no.

Maybe you could just give us the same deal everyone has been happy with all game?

Letnev and LIZIX are doing it for a net 1 TG refresh. Your choice.

38thDoE on steam

As you wish! You lose a free TG, we lose a CC, everyone is less happy.

Play on Trade Secondary

As far as happiness goes this is undetectable next to losing minister of science.
    Refresh Letnev

38thDoE on steam

Ah. We see the problem now. Sour Grapes are not a thing we commonly come into contact with, as all such matter ends up being Sour Lumps of Coal, which strangely do not taste sour after they have been consumed by intense flame.

so nice that you two are neighbors now, we'll be over in our corner, minding our business.....

@Ketar is last to play or pass on trade I think?

I was already refreshed by the N'orr :P

edited February 2019
    Am I good to go then?

Hey Letnev, care to trade 2:2 commodities?

El Skid on
    Think we are waiting on @phyphor to confirm trade?

38thDoE on steam

Am I good to go then?

Hey Letnev, care to trade 2:2 commodities?

Agree to trade 2:2 on Muaat's turn.

Here's what I've got on my confirmed slate for immediate activities:

Primary refreshes on N'orr, L1z1x, Letnev, and Yssaril
    Secondary refresh on Muaat
    N'orr 3 C <--> Yssaril 3 C

And here's what needs to be confirmed:

Primary refresh for Creuss (and secondary pass/play otherwise)
    Letnev 1 C --> N'orr
    N'orr 2 TG <--> L1z1x 2 C

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Confirm trade

Confirm 1 TG to N'orr.

Then it is my turn, and the 2:2 wirh the Letnev happens.

Activate home system.

Exhaust Muaat(4R), Bereg(3R) +1R from Sarween and 2 TGs(2R) to build Warsun.

@Ketar

edited February 2019
    I need colored/bolded confirmation from @38thDoe on what they're doing with Creuss on the Trade primary, actually.

Status update post ready to go when all ongoing actions are resolved.

EDIT: With Letnev giving 1 commodity to N'orr for their refresh, the previously-agreed upon 2:2 transaction between Letnev and Muaat will need to be revised.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Creuss can have a refresh

38thDoE on steam

edited February 2019
    Round 3: Action Phase Update 2

The Barony of Letnev: Play the primary ability of the (8) Imperial Strategy Card, exhausting Mecatol Rex (6I) and Arinam (2I) to claim public objective Sway the Council. (VP 2 --> 3)
    Gain 1 VP for control of Mecatol Rex. (VP 3 --> 4)
    Muaat plays on the secondary (SP 3 --> 2), drawing 1 Secret Objective card to hand (SO 1 --> 2).
    L1z1x plays on the secondary (SP 1 --> 0), drawing 1 Secret Objective card to hand (SO 1 --> 2).
    The Yssaril Tribes: Play the primary ability of the (1) Leadership Strategy Card, allocating 2 counters to Tactic pool and 1 counter to Strategy pool. (TP 0 --> 2, SP 0 --> 1)
    N'orr plays on the secondary, exhausting Lor (2I), Mellon (2I), and Vefut II (2I) to allocate 1 counter to each of Strategy and Tactic pool. (TP 1 --> 2, SP 1 --> 2)
    Creuss plays on the secondary, exhausting Mehar Xull (3I) to allocate 1 counter to Strategy pool. (SP 0 --> 1)
    Letnev plays on the secondary, exhausting Meer (4I) and 2 Trade Goods (TG 7 --> 5) to allocate 2 counters to Tactic pool. (TP 1 --> 3)
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Play Action Card "Mining Initiative" (AC 6 --> 5), gaining 5 Trade Goods. (TG 1 --> 6)
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Activate the Creuss Home System. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Exhaust Creuss (4R) and 5 Trade Goods (TG 5 --> 0) to build Flagship "Hil Colish" (8R) and 1 Infantry (1R) at Creuss.
    Sardakk N'orr: Play the primary ability of the (5) Trade Strategy Card, gaining 3 Trade Goods. (TG 9 --> 12)
    Refresh commodities for N'orr, L1z1x, Creuss, Letnev, Yssaril, (N'orr C 0 --> 3; L1z1x C 0 --> 2; Creuss C 0 --> 4; Letnev C 0 --> 2; Yssaril C 0 --> 3)
    Muaat plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), refreshing their commodities. (C 0 --> 4)
    Perform transaction, giving 3 Commodities to Yssaril in exchange for 3 Commodities. (N'orr C 3 --> 0, TG 12 --> 15; Yssaril C 3 --> 0, TG 2 --> 5)
    Perform transaction, giving 2 Trade Goods to L1z1x in exchange for 2 Commodities. (N'orr TG 15 --> 15; L1z1x C 2 --> 0, TG 6 --> 8)
    Perform transaction, receiving 1 Trade Good from Letnev. (N'orr TG 15 --> 16; Letnev TG 5 --> 4)

Current Map: Action Phase Update 2

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 4 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 1 VP
    The Yssaril Tribes - 1 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 1 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 1 VP
    The Embers of Muaat - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Expand Borders (1 VP): Control 6 planets in non-home systems. - Yssaril, Letnev
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources. - N'orr
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence. - Letnev
    1 Stage I Objective and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Embers of Muaat - 2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Yssaril Tribes - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP) - Held by L1z1x.
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP) - Claimed by Letnev.
    Letnev's Support for the Throne (1 VP) - Held by Creuss.
    Imperial Primary (1 VP) - Claimed by Letnev, Round 3.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 2 / 2
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 2
    Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: Creuss' Ceasefire, Muaat's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Cruiser II

Worlds:
    R - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    R - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    X - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    X - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Embers of Muaat (El Skid)
    Commodities: 4 / 4
    Trade Goods: 1
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Yssaril's Spy Net (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Duranium Armor, Sarween Tools, Prototype War Sun II

Worlds:
    R - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.

The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 5
    Action Cards: 9

Tactic Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Transparasteel Plating, Hyper Metabolism, Antimass Deflectors

Worlds:
    R - Retillion (2R, 3I)
    R - Shalloq (1R, 2I)
    R - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Y'sia Y'ssrila: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 2, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship can move through systems that contain other players' ships.
    - Racial Technology: Transparasteel Plating (Green, requires 1 Green): During your turn of the Action Phase, players that have passed cannot play Action Cards.
    - Racial Technology: Mageon Implants (Green, requires 3 Green): Action: Exhaust this card to look at another player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand.
    - Stall Tactics: Action: Discard 1 card from your hand.
    - Scheming: When you draw 1 or more action cards, draw 1 additional action card. Then, choose and discard 1 action card from your hand.
    - Crafty: You an have any number of action cards in your hand. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Spy Net: At the start of your turn: Look at the Yssaril player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand. Then, return this card to the Yssaril player.

Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 16
    Action Cards: 3

Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators

Worlds:
    X - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    X - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    X - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 8
    Action Cards: 5

Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: N'orr's Support for the Throne (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools, Inheritance Systems, Super-Dreadnought II

Worlds:
    R - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    X - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hist produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Tehcnology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Commodities: 4 / 4
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 6

Promissory Notes: Letnev's Ceasefire, Letnev's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Wormhole Generator, Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism

Worlds:
    X - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Neutral Worlds and Overarching Game Effects
    Regulated Conscription: When a player produces units, they produce only 1 fighter or infantry for its cost instead of 2.
    Minister of Sciences: Held by Muaat. When Muaat resolves the primary or secondary ability of the "Technology" strategy card, they do not need to spend resources to research technology.

Order of Play
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh) - (1) Leadership
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor) - (3) Politics
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (4) Construction
    Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe) - (5) Trade
    The Embers of Muaat (@El Skid) - (7) Technology Current Player
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar) - (8) Imperial

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    I need colored/bolded confirmation from @38thDoe on what they're doing with Creuss on the Trade primary, actually.

EDIT: With Letnev giving 1 commodity to N'orr for their refresh, the previously-agreed upon 2:2 transaction between Letnev and Muaat will need to be revised.

That's why I said give N'orr 1 TG not 1 commodity :P

Then it is my turn, and the 2:2 wirh the Letnev happens.

Activate home system.

Exhaust Muaat(4R), Bereg(3R) +1R from Sarween and 2 TGs(2R) to build Warsun.

@Ketar

Ketar wrote: Β»
    I need colored/bolded confirmation from 38thDoe on what they're doing with Creuss on the Trade primary, actually.

That's why I said give N'orr 1 TG not 1 commodity :P

Fair enough! I'll revise the status update post.

4463rwiq7r47.png