As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I'm still on the fence about whether I like seeing LP during placements, but getting the good old "we'll put you 2 LP shy of 100" after a win definitely feels worse during them (I should just be grateful the losses are -0). 2-2 so far, all stomps. Pretty fun though.

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Okay so @credeiki was like "play ashe, ashe is super strong right now" and I was like, yeah maybe

6 wins later..

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I'm just glad that you seem to get vastly more LP for a win than losing LP on a loss.

Feels like if you're doing well you're actually making headway and climbing, and one loss isn't going to wipe progress out.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Bronze threeeeeeee

I got carried so hard the first promo lololololol

spool32 on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Soraka's silence is so good against Sylas, lol

Just had a 0/1/19 game

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    It tilts me to no end when the enemy team is Sylas, Soraka, Vlad and I am the only one who buys a healing cut item.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    Finished my Support placements at Bronze III 75 LP, which is acceptable! Went 5-3.

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    Last night I unlocked a Lunar Revel event mission that wants me to either win a PvP match in Summoner's Rift (ARURF excluded) or get 80 K/As. Currently the idea of actually picking Blind Pick or Draft over and over until I stumble onto a team that can win stresses me out. Figuring out when to attack a minion for last hits is still a thing I am doing poorly.

I don't know if you've tried ARAM yet, but 80 k/a is 2 or 3 ARAMs, if that sounds more fun for you. You've got about 10 days to do it too, as that's the last mission in the chain.

Seems like a decent idea, I had a loss in ARAM with nearly that many because I was playing a cat person who rides around on a mech and sprays fire.

• IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    Last night I unlocked a Lunar Revel event mission that wants me to either win a PvP match in Summoner's Rift (ARURF excluded) or get 80 K/As. Currently the idea of actually picking Blind Pick or Draft over and over until I stumble onto a team that can win stresses me out. Figuring out when to attack a minion for last hits is still a thing I am doing poorly.

Yeah, ARAMs (or ARURF if it's legal?) will get you there pretty quickly anyway.

(Feel free to add me on League if you want!)

The mech-cat is Rumble. He's pretty unique, though I can't honestly say I play him really ever.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
    edited February 2019
    Oh shit. Teemo's got some experimental rework changes coming to the PBE.

His passive and his E (Toxic Shot) got swapped. He can activate E to enter Camo after 1s, and stays in it for 3-5s. Duration doesn't tick down while in a bush or standing still. W doesn't break the stealth. A little bit of damage nerf on the mushrooms, but the health on the mushrooms goes up as he ranks the ability up.... and his ammo on it increases to 3/4/5.

Also his passive's damage (the on-hit and the dot) does 50% more damage while there's another poison debuff on the target. (Q's blind counts as one, as well as shroom damage.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    This is possibly the least positive thing they can do. Let's just make Twitch/Teemo bot lanes a thing

Then I can just smash my computer in frustration and go do something more fun. Like hit myself with a hammer

In all seriousness has anyone tried the new conquerer out yet? For some champions it looks like a no brainier but I'm not sure of if it's better than existing runes.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    It's way harder to stack up for a lot of champs, but it's too early to tell.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Py3fYoB.png

Last game I had included a dude who flamed non-stop and all game. Reported them and logged off frustrated despite winning the game.

See this when I log in today.

Even if I lose tonights games, it'll be just fine with me.

Doing my promotion series on support for Bronze II, in case anyone wants to hang out.

persona4celestia.jpg
    So I just tried Conq on Kindred for fun. I'm not sure if it's better than Lethal Tempo, but the game went buttery smooth for a win. I think I had 10 marks by 15 or 20 minutes though. The other team was good, but their jungler was a brand new NuNu player and had no idea what to do.

Honestly, it does look like it's a bit of a Teemo nerf for the "full AP whoops you stepped on a mine and lost half your health" builds. Should be better for on-hit builds, though. Which is probably a good thing in the long run.

Controversial opinion:

I think he's a vastly healthier champion for the game than most of the stuff Riot has done lately. He has actual weaknesses and counter-play.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Also, WOO! Speaking of the Teemo Train, rode into Silver IV top with him. (41 games so far this season with him, 73% win rate seems decent?)

Also made it into Bronze II support via Nami.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I don't know if you've tried ARAM yet, but 80 k/a is 2 or 3 ARAMs, if that sounds more fun for you. You've got about 10 days to do it too, as that's the last mission in the chain.

So I did this, and during one of the matches I ended up scoring an S- with Master Yi which is one of the 7 Champions I actually own. So I got my first Chest for a character I own and in it was a shard for Taliyah, who seems interesting. (Unlocking her would cost me 3780 BE so I am holding off on that.)

Seg on
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Played a blind pick game with vlad. Enemy top lane was a Nasus who bought an Executioner's Calling for his first item. The enemy adc did the same. Some people just don't want others to have fun playing.

PMAvers wrote: »
    Also, WOO! Speaking of the Teemo Train, rode into Silver IV top with him. (41 games so far this season with him, 73% win rate seems decent?)

Also made it into Bronze II support via Nami.
    That's past decent, 73% win rate is damn fine work! Has your Teemo philosophy been to splitpush only, give up and group, or a combination?

edited February 2019
    Three wins in a row on Jungle Sej today; I'm comfortably out of the danger zone again. Phew. One of them had a successful baron steal -> enemy team wipe =)

I still feel like I maybe need a more aggressive jungler for my roster, maybe one of the good level 2 gankers. But I think that if I just try to anticipate where they'll go, and countergank (or counterward), then I can have almost as much impact early while still being this really good tank lategame. I generally prefer playing tankier champs anyway (unless I'm playing Support), so I'm not sure I want to play an assassin-type.

Are there any recommendations for more aggressive/better 1v1 junglers that can still build tanky for mid/late game, with some CC? Or am I literally describing an unobtanium unicorn here? Help me out, haha.

Edit: maybe it's Dr. Mundo's time to rise again, I love that guy

Rius on
    Rius wrote: »
    Are there any recommendations for more aggressive/better 1v1 junglers that can still build tanky for mid/late game, with some CC? Or am I literally describing an unobtanium unicorn here? Help me out, haha.

Xin, Gragas, and Jarvan IV all come to mind if those fit your bill. Shyvana's not usually put into that category, but I would. Warwick and Volibear are better duelists than people give credit, and Vi's getting a gameplay update soon probably.

Me elsewhere:
    Ivellius wrote: »

Xin, Gragas, and Jarvan IV all come to mind if those fit your bill. Shyvana's not usually put into that category, but I would. Warwick and Volibear are better duelists than people give credit, and Vi's getting a gameplay update soon probably.

I don't know what it is, but Volibear jungle gives me the most trouble. You literally can't stop him it feels.

Also Olaf.

Damn Volibear to hell sometimes.

I keep on running into bears that are doing their best Hecarim impersonations, that bear can move.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I've never played Voli but he was always on my short list. I think I'll check him out.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Three wins in a row on Jungle Sej today; I'm comfortably out of the danger zone again. Phew. One of them had a successful baron steal -> enemy team wipe =)

I still feel like I maybe need a more aggressive jungler for my roster, maybe one of the good level 2 gankers. But I think that if I just try to anticipate where they'll go, and countergank (or counterward), then I can have almost as much impact early while still being this really good tank lategame. I generally prefer playing tankier champs anyway (unless I'm playing Support), so I'm not sure I want to play an assassin-type.

His name is Jax and he is a god.

Warwick, Trundle, Volibear, Jax, Lee Sinn (though tank lee is super troll I feel),Jarvan.

Pretty much any of those

I played a game of Blitz support and missed every hook, feels bad man

I could have sworn some of them landed, did they shrink the hitbox or something

y40fsv94gr7o.jpg

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Bronze-craaaaaaaank

is me

I can hit thresh hooks well enough, but that damn robot might as well not have a q in my hands

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Blitz is much like Yasuo, Ezreal, Riven, and Eve.

When I am playing or someone on my team is playing them nothing works and they(I) int. Enemy teams are literally carrying 1v9 with them. I'm fairly certain it's a rule of LoL

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Bronze-craaaaaaaank

is me

I can hit thresh hooks well enough, but that damn robot might as well not have a q in my hands

My flex queue elo is super super low--at least a full division lower than my solo q and normals elo--and I've been getting these just completely baffling supports. Couple games back I got a Thresh who couldn't hit a hook, but actually he realized it, started crying in chat that he was awful at Thresh and couldn't do anything, and then afk'ed out of sadness. No one said a word to him or pinged him--he just actually got so upset at his own inting/not hitting any skillshots that he gave up. It was pretty sad to watch...

Since flex isn't positional ranked, I might play some mid to get out of this pit. Or play Draven, or something...I can really feel the difference in the way people play and I don't like it at all.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    The way my Lucian saved my little pajama-ed butt made me do a pogchamp face IRL.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/GentleWanderingCheddarCeilingCat
    This was a really great team, the kind that makes you wish you can re queue with all 4 again.

Well, I won an ARURF for that penultimate mission so now I don't have to touch that mode again (at least until the next time they require it for missions).
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    The way my Lucian saved my little pajama-ed butt made me do a pogchamp face IRL.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/GentleWanderingCheddarCeilingCat
    This was a really great team, the kind that makes you wish you can re queue with all 4 again.

Oh hey you use the best Udyr skin too

Me elsewhere:
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Sylas: steals my Sona ultimate
    Sylas: misses spectacularly
    me: thinks that I'll emote taunt Sylas
    me: presses R instead of T and misses my ultimate by a million miles

>.<

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    Camp top lane Yorick because he is against a Teemo. Kill Teemo three times and leave Yorick to help rest of team.

Before I know it he's died solo three times to Teemo. He begins rage pinging me every chance he gets.

He admits in post game he's doing this to make people mad. What is with this game?

edited February 2019
    How to Throw: Silver IV Edition

https://youtu.be/roKj169ccs0

Twitch picks up a virtual quadra kill at 35 minutes, and with 40 second death timers chooses to farm jungle camps instead of taking top two towers + inhib

I beg in chat for anyone to go top, folks go after 30 seconds elapse, die, then Twitch blames me for trolling

kinda wish I could erase games like this from my match history and perhaps living memory

Silver IV 78 LP -> 0 LP -> 87 LP -> 25 LP

Perhaps Silver IV is my true ELO

Rius on