As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That's the [Anthem], y'all got to play me. Get your gun, suit up!

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    After the patch I'm running into a couple bugs.
    Twice now at the end of a mission I get stuck and can't exit.
    I also have dialog get stuck on the screen until a new area is loaded :/

I'm getting between 50-60fps in 1440p with a i5 9600 and a 1070ti and this feels a little low to me. Is this low?
    I am playing at mostly high settings but a couple things at medium :/

edit: cool, completely lost all audio 3 minutes into a mission.

I think I'm gonna try again tomorrow.

Aridhol on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I have a shield charge mod to do +300% damage. Colossus doesn't need guns.

A huge FYI to anyone really, but especially juggernaught colossus Bros.

Whilst components are unique equipped, masterwork versions count as seperate components.

Meaning you can have the 300% dmg shield slam as a blue/purple AND whatever the masterwork version is called.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    After the patch I'm running into a couple bugs.
    Twice now at the end of a mission I get stuck and can't exit.
    I also have dialog get stuck on the screen until a new area is loaded :/

I'm getting between 50-60fps in 1440p with a i5 9600 and a 1070ti and this feels a little low to me. Is this low?
    I am playing at mostly high settings but a couple things at medium :/

edit: cool, completely lost all audio 3 minutes into a mission.

I think I'm gonna try again tomorrow.

Hey that's better than me. I get anywhere from 30 to 60 with a 2060 and i5-3570k.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Uh oh.. Pc gamer reviews anthem at 55..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Uh oh.. Pc gamer reviews anthem at 55..

x95wxn6.png

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The review is actually pretty fair. They praise the core game loop, and lament that that's basically all that's finished

This one's a harsh sentence for a looter shooter
    "Anthem's loot is so shallow it could've just been a skill tree."
    https://www.pcgamer.com/anthem-review/

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The criticisms sound legit, but I also think it's something that can be fixed. I'm betting this game does what Division 1 basically did, where after the first content drop or two it really turns things around and becomes a solid game.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The criticisms sound legit, but I also think it's something that can be fixed. I'm betting this game does what Division 1 basically did, where after the first content drop or two it really turns things around and becomes a solid game.

Division was awesome to come into 2 years after launch at $25. Not sure that is a sales pitch that most game developers want to try on their producers.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Division was awesome to come into 2 years after launch at $25. Not sure that is a sales pitch that most game developers want to try on their producers.

Hey, I bought the whole Division package at launch and burned out before it was good.. I'm hoping I can do the $25 Anthem special this time and have some fun with it. :P

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The review is actually pretty fair. They praise the core game loop, and lament that that's basically all that's finished

This one's a harsh sentence for a looter shooter
    "Anthem's loot is so shallow it could've just been a skill tree."
    https://www.pcgamer.com/anthem-review/

Yeah, I've already voiced my concerns about how boring the loot is.

Thankfully I think it's pretty low-hanging fruit to fix once new content starts to drop.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    While there are lots of issues that you can subtract points for, I rate games by how much fun I'm having

And so far, this game is 9/10 for me

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    BioWare are three for three on "Frostbite games that look nice but are optimized like ass".

Really wish they could have just stuck to Unreal Engine. God forbid how Titanfall 3 actual will turn out for Respawn.

titanfall 1, 2, and apex all run on Source sooo...

And given how development for their followup game turned out, it's very likely they're not going to do the same for their next title (especially now that they're actually owned by EA)

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Faye, after the Dawn missions
    she is not ok, is she. Like, worried about haluk but beyond that... She is not all right.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I think I broke amazon... I had it pre-ordered but cancelled when it seemed like my PC wouldn't handle it anymore. Changed my mind after finishing the demo and went to re-order... come to find that only the order invoice says cancelled, while the Order list and Games and Software library both showed it as still pre-ordered, so the store page said "pre-order another copy."

Not wanting to end up double charged, I got on amazon help chat, which pretty much went like:
    rep: I see the order is not cancelled
    me: oh ok
    rep: no worries, i see the order is still cancelled
    me: but you said it wasn't?
    rep: sorry for the typo, it is not cancelled.
    ???
    So I'm like whatever, if I have it I have it, I'm going to bed. Wake up and don't have it, but it still said pre-ordered in one spot and cancelled in another. Now it says "pending verification".

Which will it be!?

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I agree with a lot of criticisms, and I might agree with them a bit more after a couple weeks, but a 5.5/6 review feels a bit harsh. Numbers are not great though wrt reviews.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    PS4 player here. Game runs smooth, is pretty, is very fun, and has loads of things (challenges) to do.
    I’ve been freeplaying far more than mission running, trying to unlock as many blueprints for the weapons.

Me likey very much!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I'm pondering shelving Anthem for a bit. I've been playing since the VIP demo, so I've had a ton of fun with the core mechanics, but with content so thin and bugs, feels like waiting till the next content patch might be a smart move to keep me interested long term. Post patch I'm getting weird FPS spikes that just randomly drop me into the 30's, combined with the HDR junk and a lack of information about what does what (got a +blast damage gear only on a Focus Seal?), seems like another month might help them sort some of it out.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Well, I'm enjoying the hell out of it right now. Cruising through the story, liking it.

Last patch has made my shit u n s t a b l e though, and I think.... it might actually be about the controller rumble....

what the ffffff but I crashed three times last night and they were all while I was slamming the throttle down and climbing so the controller was at max rumble

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Well, I'm enjoying the hell out of it right now. Cruising through the story, liking it.

Last patch has made my shit u n s t a b l e though, and I think.... it might actually be about the controller rumble....

what the ffffff but I crashed three times last night and they were all while I was slamming the throttle down and climbing so the controller was at max rumble

Yeah, turn off controller vibration. I was crashing and having all kinds of issues last night until I turned it off, then it was fine.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I'm pondering shelving Anthem for a bit. I've been playing since the VIP demo, so I've had a ton of fun with the core mechanics, but with content so thin and bugs, feels like waiting till the next content patch might be a smart move to keep me interested long term. Post patch I'm getting weird FPS spikes that just randomly drop me into the 30's, combined with the HDR junk and a lack of information about what does what (got a +blast damage gear only on a Focus Seal?), seems like another month might help them sort some of it out.

You know, for as much crap as Fallout 76 gets, I think there is a core good idea in the game's design that Bioware and Bungie could learn from. Beneath everything else, Fallout 76 is a full-fledged single player game. It has as much content as any Bethesda RPG, and a player who engages with it as if it was a traditional Bethesda RPG will have a ton of fun with it and not run out of things to do, all outside the MMO gameplay loops, for dozens of hours.

That seems like a model another developer could build upon.

• Options

You know, for as much crap as Fallout 76 gets, I think there is a core good idea in the game's design that Bioware and Bungie could learn from. Beneath everything else, Fallout 76 is a full-fledged single player game. It has as much content as any Bethesda RPG, and a player who engages with it as if it was a traditional Bethesda RPG will have a ton of fun with it and not run out of things to do, all outside the MMO gameplay loops, for dozens of hours.

That is....the complete opposite of everything I have heard about the game. Doesn't it not even have NPCs?

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

That is....the complete opposite of everything I have heard about the game. Doesn't it not even have NPCs?

No human NPCs.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Played a bunch last night, performance is solid on my xbox x. Finished the dreaded tombs mission this morning I decided for a mission that requires you to fly around a lot and touch a bunch of points I'd use my newly unlocked thicc boi who is totes the fastest javel... shit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I think I'm going to shelve Storm for a bit and drive the party van. Storm's feeling a little too aloof, I want to get down in the shit with a flamethrower.

• Options
    I think I'm going to shelve Storm for a bit and drive the party van. Storm's feeling a little too aloof, I want to get down in the shit with a flamethrower.

Sometimes you just want to throw on a shield, slap on the old minigun and wade into battle.

FUCK YOU I'M THICCCCC

I will say the colossus feels way less squishy now. Then again I've got mine equipped with all the javelin specific armaments so he's got hella armor. Shield bashing enemies is fun times.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I may not be coming in first on feats at the end of missions, but I am stomping everyone else in alliance xp. Thanks, PA dudes.

Gork on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    People are saying the flamethrower is boss but I don't like it at all. All the various mortar things are so much more fun to me.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    FUCK YOU I'M THICCCCC
    Ya, the colossus in my stronghold last night threw up his shield and straight up bulldozed right into a cave full of mines... I wish I'd had the ability to record it, was too funny.

And update: Schrodinger's pre-order resolved to... not ordered. So no banner & dawn vinyl I guess, but I got onto the chat with another rep and they honored the promo credit for the confusion. :mrgreen:

• Options
    My favorite ability with that right now is like a wrist fired artillery shell. Not the one you arc in, but its just like fast firing "krackaboom". But I don't have all the kit on my thicc boi yet.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

The robots are the NPCs, and at least one of them is among the best NPC characters Bethesda has written. As for the full game, I think it is a better Bethesda single player game than Fallout 4. The locations are better designed, with more interesting stories and environment design. Even the combat is refined from Fallout 4 to be smoother and more responsive. If you like exploring Bethesda games for the experience of exploring the map, doing quests for NPCs, and reading/listening to logs to get the backstory, I'd fully recommend picking up a cheap copy of the game.

The problem is that the MMO elements are poor, the always online aspect leads to major bugs and server crashes, the crafting is crippled by the need to limit players to small bases so as not to crash the server, and there's a constant tension between what the game does well ("Be a Bethesda game") and what it does not ("Justify why it is multiplayer"). The need to be a MMO space creates this weird narrative dynamic where you are finding these intense, overlapping stories from before and after the bomb fell, hints of big things to come in the universe, but the moment in time you are playing is this static moment in between these stories.

It looks like Bioware's split world/rpg hub design is meant to mitigate the latter feeling.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    People are saying the flamethrower is boss but I don't like it at all. All the various mortar things are so much more fun to me.

The flamethrower is good because it sets up lots of combo status, so you can flamethrower and then melee stuff or flamethrower with the Lightning Coil turned on and just be a combo monster, which is strong on Colossus because its combo effect is an AoE damage explosion.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Nvidia just put out new drivers for Anthem's release

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    I liked the idea of mortars better, but hated how they seemed to take 10 years to arm and fire.

Lightning Coil is pretty nice for just toggling on/off at will.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Recently in my experiments trying to make a gun focused ranger I’ve been using the ice grenade.

This may seem odd, as it dosn’t play into the damage increases from my opponents.

But freezing a cluster of mobs in place so I can head shot them all with a heavy pistol makes me feel like Iron Man John Wick.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Pretty sure I am done with all the story content atm, will know for sure after I talk to a couple folks. Sitting at epic javelin with a 420 gear score. Doing GM1 but I could probably be running GM2. Want a few more Masterwork components first.

They really didn’t think through the crafting aspect of the game. I have a few weapons, launchers etc unlocked to craft up to epic rank, but I have no reason to since MW stuff has been dropping.

And the MW crafting isn’t tied to the previous ranks at all.

Consumables are the only things I have been crafting (use them they help a bunch)

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    and we've got what, 10 days to new story?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Noggin wrote: »
    I liked the idea of mortars better, but hated how they seemed to take 10 years to arm and fire.

Lightning Coil is pretty nice for just toggling on/off at will.

I want to like Firewall Mortar but it just so often doesn't want to spawn the wall, or I bump into a pebble and it turns off the target and I have to deploy it again, or the enemies walk away from where I fired during the twelve years it takes the shell to travel...

Flamethrower/Lightning Coil is just so much more consistent.

edit: That said, on GM1+ everyone will probably be rocking firewall/siege cannon until they get the masterworks that let you heal on kill and combo because everything just hits too hard.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Given how slowly I progress through games, I am expecting that there to be just a never ending conveyor belt of new bioware story content for me to play, until Anthem 2 comes out.
    I am ok with this.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

We don't have an exact date, just "in March"

Within the next few days they plan to release a 90 day roadmap though with more specifics, so that'll clear things up. From their livestream, they estimated some features at around 3 weeks so I wonder if that's when we'll start seeing new content.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Just started playing...only got a few hours in so far but I'm liking it.

I agree that there are a lot of menus though.

Also when do they open the store there are so few customization parts rn.

This discussion has been closed.