As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

502 Bad Gateway Error

Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
I just got a couple of these, I had never had a 502 before so I figured I'd report it. Anyone else getting them?

Unearthly Stew on

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, just got them a couple minutes ago too.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    They're a common occurrence during heavy database load (at least, that's what I believe Ramius had it down to). There should be a few threads here and there about it.

Satan. on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ah, I didn't search first, but yeah, it looks like there are a couple threads from 6 and 9 months ago. :|

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Still happening for me, along with general slow loading during peak times (to be expected of course).

Medopine on
  • Options
    JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, this seems to be happening more and more throughout the day. (Although maybe it's the Internet's way of telling me to get back to work!)

Sounds like some new hardware may be in order. I'd definitely be willing to pitch it and donate some cash, if it would mean a speedier forum. I'm sure many others would feel the same way too.

Just a thought!

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Its been very bad this morning.

Usually I wait about 2-3 mins for a thread to load, and then it loads, I read the 4-5 new posts, then try to go back to the main forum and its fucked again.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    JCRooks wrote: »
    Yeah, this seems to be happening more and more throughout the day. (Although maybe it's the Internet's way of telling me to get back to work!)

Sounds like some new hardware may be in order. I'd definitely be willing to pitch it and donate some cash, if it would mean a speedier forum. I'm sure many others would feel the same way too.

Just a thought!

Ramius is working on it last time we had this discussion (under a month ago). The problem is that we share a database with the site and I believe the store as well. While I'd be willing to pitch in I believe (don't have the post in front of me really) Ramius thought he could work out a software solution.

Satan. on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    We're never going to ask for donations for hardware. Not going to happen.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    A shame because I think a lot of people would be willing to do so.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Just a thought!

Ramius is working on it last time we had this discussion (under a month ago). The problem is that we share a database with the site and I believe the store as well. While I'd be willing to pitch in I believe (don't have the post in front of me really) Ramius thought he could work out a software solution.

Not exactly. The store is run off of a different data center entirely (for data privacy concerns). The issue is more one of data structure choice, forum size, and poor full text searching.

As far as donations, while I appreciate the thought, as a company Penny Arcade would rather see donations go to Child's Play.

I'm letting Ramius take point on releasing information, but I will tell you that we have plans in the works to speed things up around here.

Cheers!

-Alpha

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Just a thought!

Not exactly. The store is run off of a different data center entirely (for data privacy concerns). The issue is more one of data structure choice, forum size, and poor full text searching.

As far as donations, while I appreciate the thought, as a company Penny Arcade would rather see donations go to Child's Play.

I'm letting Ramius take point on releasing information, but I will tell you that we have plans in the works to speed things up around here.

Cheers!

-Alpha

That's what I get for going off memory. Thanks for the update!

Satan. on