As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    I usually don't backflip off a cliff as Red Mage.

My big thing is backflipping out of the boss arena in dungeons right when the barrier comes up to lock me out. My timing is unreal.

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Have people just tried NOT using the backflip?

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Skwigelf wrote: »

It's a rite of passage for DRGs, RDMs, and BRDs to use their jump back to go flying off a cliff.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I don't think I've ever used bard's backwards jump in an actual fight

I just never needed to jump out because I never went in

why would I go in as a bard?

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Skwigelf wrote: »

Never!

Being able to dash in, do a fancy magic Zorro impersonation, then backflip out is probably 80% of what makes RDM so fun

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Au Ra
    I don't think I've ever used bard's backwards jump in an actual fight

I just never needed to jump out because I never went in

why would I go in as a bard?

You can use it to cancel knock backs

And being close is just common courtesy to your healers

simulacrum on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    I bring years of experience backflipping off of, and occasionally back onto, boss platforms as a hunter in WoW. These are my marketable job skills.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Au Ra
    I bring years of experience backflipping off of, and occasionally back onto, boss platforms as a hunter in WoW. These are my marketable job skills.

I miss the original Alter Time for mages when it comes to positioning shenanigans

Madican on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Au Ra
    Got to play in Eorzea Cafe today. It was cool except for the parts that I messed up on.
    jUAUnhC.jpg

It's not a big room. There's some seats at the bar for single patrons, a bunch of two-person tables, and one or two four-person tables. Artwork and decorations and prop weapons all around with a section in the middle with PCs and a PS4 to play on.
    YmZnPKJ.jpg
    uqXrj7D.jpg
    riSiFgn.jpg
    Qmb9ilD.jpg
    4Ei1HUh.jpg

I messed up on a few points. One, I forgot to upload my settings profile while back home so I had to manually rearrange things which took up several minutes, more so because I was working with a Japanese client. Two, I wasted a ton of time in Duty Finder because I forgot to turn on the setting to allow searching within English-language parties, then I managed to get into a trial fairly quickly after I fixed that. Three, I ordered a drink off the menu without properly reading it. Some sort of hot marshmallow-topped Moogle-themed drink. What I thought would be chocolate under those marshmallows turned out to be coffee, and I don't drink coffee. I know what "コーヒー" looks like on the menu, I just skimmed over reading it all the way through, so that's my fault.

On the other hand, one of the staff saw my character and said it was kawaii. So that balances things out. I'll have to do it properly the next time I'm in town here.

SabreMau on
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    The worst part of it is, there's a very good reason for RDM to backflip! It actually deals damage! That means we HAVE TO!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Hyur
    i need the hildebrand picture

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    crossposting from the G&T thread
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Heather Alexandra at Kotaku did a little email interview with Yoshi P about FFXIV, namely the nature of Limited Jobs and blue mages, worries about World Visits and the economy, andhis thoughts on "modern" MMOs: https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xivs-director-talks-blue-mages-world-vis-1832757804
    However, we do plan to raise the level cap on the Blue Mage—and this doesn’t necessarily have to be timed with an expansion release. So at some point during the 5.x patch series, players can expect new blue magic which can be acquired, additions to the Masked Carnivale, and even new content to tackle.

I would say we are only at the “So You Want to be a Blue Mage?” chapter in the overall journey for this job—there is a lot of future blue mage content in the pipeline for our players to enjoy.

edited February 2019
    Larlar
    I dunno if this is just random chance and perception bias but I feel like I saw 75% catgirls running dungeons during the free trial, and now only see about 30% catgirls running dungeons in the level range above 35. This works out for me because I made a catgirl and I have a thing about picking the thing it feels like everyone picks, my conscience is much clearer now.

Maybe it's because half the catgirls rerolled to dragon ladies after buying the expansions???

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Bunny season starts in July.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I dunno if this is just random chance and perception bias but I feel like I saw 75% catgirls running dungeons during the free trial, and now only see about 30% catgirls running dungeons in the level range above 35. This works out for me because I made a catgirl and I have a thing about picking the thing it feels like everyone picks, my conscience is much clearer now.

Maybe it's because half the catgirls rerolled to dragon ladies after buying the expansions???

Don't feel bad, cat ladies are the superior choice.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

No yeah the game population has to be at least like 30% cat and Au Ra girls. And like another huge chunk is Au Ra boys.

The number of light parties I run that's 3 tiny dragon girls and then my big ass trundling along behind is high.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Oh yeah, almost forgot there's an Eorzea Cafe in Osaka too. Gotta find an excuse to visit one of these years.
    DxD10ea.jpg

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I've come to wear my roe-ness as a badge of pride because seemingly so few people in this game want to be huge

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Larlar
    I’d be rolling Au Ra but the women don’t come in my height, and I feel vaguely insulted by it. It’s probably Highlander forever, with a bonus ab slider.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Roegadyn
    I've come to wear my roe-ness as a badge of pride because seemingly so few people in this game want to be huge
    smh at people that don't want to be 7'3" badass girls.

(Or 7'7" badass boys.)

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Sorce wrote: »
    smh at people that don't want to be 7'3" badass girls.

(Or 7'7" badass boys.)

Even though I Fantasia every couple of months, I keep coming back to Fem-Roe. Second to that is female Miqo'te and female Au Ra.

I have character appearance saves I like for those three (plus female Elezen, not that's relevant here), so the changeover only takes a few minutes. (It's really fun saying "brb" to friends and zoning into the next dungeon as a totally different race.)

My two minor complaints about the female Roegadyn design is the nasal ridge being completely flat across the front and, specific to my character appearance save, there's only one hairstyle that "looks right."

steam_sig.png
    Hyur
    Highlander ladies are underrated. Who else could pull off such style.

quyq3o8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    If I had a highlander appearance save that looked like that, highlander would go into the Fantasia rotation.

Seriously, that's an amazing looking character.

steam_sig.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    That's like a FFXIV Bayonetta.

Nice.

sig.gif
    Hyur
    Thank you thank you

You're not the first one to make that comparison so maybe there was some subconscious sway since Bayonetta is one of my favorite games. After hearing that I tried on a short Bayonetta 2 hair style and it was way more apparent.

Given how much time I've spent on transmog in wow, a game notorious for having extremely limited customization, this game will probably kill me.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Adus wrote: »

that looks way too similar to mine and now I have to completely change my style, ugh

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Hyur
    Doobh wrote: »
    Adus wrote: »

that looks way too similar to mine and now I have to completely change my style, ugh

Why! Let me see. Maybe we are just long lost siblings.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I can't wait to get to the point where I'm not churning through new armor too fast to make it worthwhile to think about how it looks. I hate the mismatched MMO character deal, especially the last three levels where Siege had like a heavy plate top in dark blue and grey with weird bone looking pauldrons, green and organge cloth gloves, a leather subligar, and red gladiator sandals. He looked like he had to run out of his house and fight after only putting half his armor on.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    Miqo'te
    Does armor depend on race and sex? Because my catboy keeps getting either big tunics or horny armor, like multiple times I've been leveling in a hard leather thong
    Right now I have the bard choral set with a fuckin bondage harness

Roegadyn
    Does armor depend on race and sex? Because my catboy keeps getting either big tunics or horny armor, like multiple times I've been leveling in a hard leather thong
    Right now I have the bard choral set with a fuckin bondage harness

The Thong of Shame is a rite of passage for DPS, just as the can is for tanks.

Armor type is driven by job type, though race and gender can affect the model.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Subligar is just a type of armor they use once in a while. They mostly dropped it after ARR ended.

The level 63 dungeon set is just sexy fancy swimsuits for every class though, and it's pretty great.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Back in FF11 a major piece of gear for endgame with finesse classes was a subligar. Seemed like any time you saw a Ranger or Thief, or anyone with Ninja as either main or support job, they'd be wearing a pointy forest ranger hat and a pair of red metal underoos.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    turtleant wrote: »
    Subligar is just a type of armor they use once in a while. They mostly dropped it after ARR ended.

The level 63 dungeon set is just sexy fancy swimsuits for every class though, and it's pretty great.

They went and made a glamour version of that for the summer event too.

Anyways, once you unlock glamours, you can quickly overwrite the appearance of mismatched or ugly armor to a saved look with the glamour dresser setup. Very handy.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Miqo'te
    I think you can make Glamour plates at any time in the glamour dresser in your inn room. So if you have a good-looking set of lower-level armour you like, you can make it into a plate and slap it over your current gear. It costs one 1 glamour prism per piece of gear to add them into the dresser, but a plate can be applied an unlimited amount of time. And glamour prisms sell for fairly cheap on the market boards.

So beyond the initial investment you can just re-apply the plate whenever you get new gear.

MrGrimoire on
    Larlar
    yeah I rocked a glamour plate of the party play tutorials reward gear most of the way from 15 to 40 or so

BahamutZERO.gif
    Miqo'te
    Nothing I said was a complaint btw
    I just think it's hilarious that my bard is apparently here to 1. shoot arrows and 2. fuck

Roegadyn
    Nothing I said was a complaint btw
    I just think it's hilarious that my bard is apparently here to 1. shoot arrows and 2. fuck

That's pretty much how bards work:

https://youtu.be/qiHXxrCB5yk

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Alright, you guys convinced me.
    5uL80ef.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
This discussion has been closed.