As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Aura changes!
    Zealotry is a new holy themed aura that provides more spell damage, a small increase to spell critical chance, and a chance to create Consecrated Ground on hitting a rare or unique enemy. As Consecrated Ground now increases the chance to be critically hit on enemies within it, this further increases your critical chance. The aura works well with the improved Inquisitor Ascendancy, which has some new effects for Consecrated Ground like letting the Consecrated Ground continue to apply its effects for a few seconds after you, allies or enemies leave its zone.

Malevolence is a new arcane themed aura that provides more damage over time, and a small bonus to skill effect duration. It works best with chaos skills like the new Soulrend spell, but the damage bonus affects all damage over time effects like Scorching Ray, damaging ailments like Ignite and Poison, and cold damage over time abilities like Arctic Breath.

We're also making some adjustments to Anger and Hatred. The damage bonus from Anger has been boosted, bringing its added damage to a point that is comparable with Wrath. Hatred now grants more Cold Damage, making it grant a strong benefit for all cold skills, but the physical damage as extra cold damage has been reduced to compensate.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    New support gems:

"The Spell Focus Support shifts from an area increase to a powerful damage multiplier as you repeatedly cast supported spells." - Basically a gradual concentrated effect

"The Unleash Support builds up power over time to have spellcasts fire multiple times." - Now everything can be channeled!

jungleroomx on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Anger buffs

*smiles in chieftain*

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oh I like that Malevolence works with all DoT, and has generic skill effect duration on it. That'll be a nice boost to Cold DoT if I play it again this league.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I don't care about power creep. I care about GGG introducing fun new ways to play their game. I don't care if the game is easy or hard as long as I can do stupid shit with my builds, and GGG enabling me to do Even More Stupid Shit is great.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Just need to finish 3 more challenges and I can put this down for a couple weeks...

fuck gendered marketing
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Another useful div card, from Bex:
    bd9flhjwkth21.jpg

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I don't care about power creep. I care about GGG introducing fun new ways to play their game. I don't care if the game is easy or hard as long as I can do stupid shit with my builds, and GGG enabling me to do Even More Stupid Shit is great.

I'm all for some decent challenge. I do care if the game is far too easy because then there's no point to push for the next piece of gear if you can just faceroll all content.

GGG has done a good job with this so far.

But yeah, seeing what other loot games do for builds makes me appreciate how customizable and complex PoE is and I'd love more of it.

Depending on how the new stuff shakes out I might end up going tri curse bane/lightning damage Scion but it's still up in the air at the moment.

If they make some of the other lightning skills worth it, it may even not be arc this league. : O

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

I'm all for some decent challenge. I do care if the game is far too easy because then there's no point to push for the next piece of gear if you can just faceroll all content.

GGG has done a good job with this so far.

But yeah, seeing what other loot games do for builds makes me appreciate how customizable and complex PoE is and I'd love more of it.

Said it better than I did

Let us get stronger, then throw bigger things at us to bring down

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited February 2019
    sedy3ho3ayh21.png
    Vixen's Entrapment more like "FIVE CURSES WITH ONE CAST AND THEN INSTANTLY REFILL YOUR ES ALSO VILE BASTION".

This might also mean Occultist is getting a nerf though.

eksm2rqx9zh21.jpg
    Yummers.

Absalon on
    edited February 2019
    Upgraded Breachstones were an attractive reward and concept, but we did balance the benefits too far ahead of other rewards. The experience gain reward was very attractive, and became a dominant motivator in the league. Tul, Esh and Xoph upgraded Breachstones have had their increased experience gain modifier reduced to 100% for all tiers (down from progressive rewards that went up to 250%). Uul-Netol upgraded Breachstones have been reduced to 150% (previous maximum was 300%), Chayula to 200% (previous maximum was 350%).

Pack size modifiers for upgraded Breachstones have also been reduced. All Pure Breachstones have had their area level lowered by one. Charged and Enriched Chayula Breachstones have also had their area level lowered by one.

These nerfs only affect experience gain. Boss item rewards from these Breachstones have not been affected.

Yeah that was pretty expected.
    Cartography Scarabs, Divination Scarabs and Sulphite Scarabs have all been reduced in power. Cartography and Divination Scarabs are around 50% less effective, while Sulphite Scarabs are 60-70% less effective depending on tier.

fuck me naked with a spoon

I should have pushed the mines harder in Betrayal because if I didn't find an Aul in the actual Delve league and didn't find him in the Scarab League then I'm definitely never finding him

Rius on
    edited February 2019
    New League New GPU New Me don't @ me

pncndz1edpye.jpg

jungleroomx on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    New League New GPU New Me don't @ me

@jungleroomx

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I think if I play next season I want to play something melee that is both fat and makes as many attacks per second as possible

2x39jD4.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I think if I play next season I want to play something melee that is both fat and makes as many attacks per second as possible

T H I C C J U G G

...I don't know about fast, but there's probably something.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Anger got buffed so chief or scion chief/jug would most likely be amaze as well. Just pick your favorite melee and convert and scale. If you dont want to go fire. Guardian looks to be continually made a bit better. Inquisitor should be even better. For your non fire needs. I knew someone who did dom blow gaurdian and it was pretty easymode by the sounds of it. A smiter or static shocker could work.

For my money I enjoyed Tectonic Slam buff more than most recent melee skills.

Jubal77 on

Sounds like a blade flurry build to me

i think my league starter is gonna be RT - Chieftain - MS

chieftain has insane regen (more than jugg), about 2-3x more dps, and is easier to gear due to +100% fire res ascendancy

double nebulochs also gets insane chaos and ele res

plus with possible new "gain endurance charges when hit", chieftain makes the gap even less

can reskill into EO jugg later if i wanna delve

plus anger buffs!

thick jugg BF/Reave is also gg

but i like Scion BF/Reave for easier overleech fights

J3qcnBP.png
    I know it's super early to make this call but I think it would be super sweet if Synthesis just replaces the normal Shaper memory fragment portion of the game as opposed to another master quest thingy.

Repeatable on entering Shaper Strongholds once the main 16 memory fragments are collected.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I imagine the dual ahn's might jugg would fit in to the right melee category as well.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    edited February 2019
    Don't forget our aura support friends! They got a new... Sort of mediocre unique?

v4rt48qyt6i21.jpg

Absalon on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Don't forget our aura support friends! They got a new... Sort of mediocre unique?

v4rt48qyt6i21.jpg

iron fortress hyrris bite nulls inclination aura scion obviously

obF2Wuw.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I think you left out Cyclopean Coil there.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Shapers Touch too

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

v4rt48qyt6i21.jpg

iron fortress hyrris bite nulls inclination aura scion obviously

can't be that hard to get up to 25000 total stats, right? ...right

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Not sure how to price this, halp.
    BAlbZxJm.jpg

Prices seem to be around 10EX without the +max fire res but I'm not sure if the pricing on trade is out of whack.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    That's pretty cool!

Search for 300 ES and the plus fire res max. The spell damage doesn't work on Righteous Fire and the resists are nothing to write home about.

Actually, searching for those two things on Poe's own trade site gives two results; yours, and a lesser shield that's been multimodded. Yours has three great prefixes so it's ripe for multimodding (or metacrafting!)

You could craft Prefixes Cannot be Changed, then Scour it, then put multimodded + life Regen % + quality.

Or you could Prefixes + Scour, block a crappy suffix and hit it with an Exalt, hoping for a good suffix. Rinse and repeat until you get two good suffixes from Exalts, then craft a third.

Not sure anyone is going to buy something like that at the end of the league though, so it might not be worth spending currency on except for fun.

• AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Thanks Rius! I might just list it for a few EX and see what happens. Trying to get a manor map before the league end so I can 100% atlas.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited February 2019
    Aumni wrote: »
    Not sure how to price this, halp.
    BAlbZxJm.jpg

Prices seem to be around 10EX without the +max fire res but I'm not sure if the pricing on trade is out of whack.

wtf this is so unethical

not sure if you play standard at all, this should fetch a pretty hefty price

id try 10ex and dropping 1-2 ex per day until league ends

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    Yoke of Suffering got me 5ex on HC

That red Elder fight was worth the near heart attack

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    Yoke is still the best way to scale pure ele conversions

J3qcnBP.png
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    So, as a complete noob to this game, how gimped would I be taking something like https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571 and switching a few nodes so I could run a Witch instead?

I was trying to look at actual Oro Flicker builds designed for witch, but they're all a few patches old and don't load into PoB right, so I can't even see what the general build sort of looked like.

Kamar wrote: »
    So, as a complete noob to this game, how gimped would I be taking something like https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571 and switching a few nodes so I could run a Witch instead?

I was trying to look at actual Oro Flicker builds designed for witch, but they're all a few patches old and don't load into PoB right, so I can't even see what the general build sort of looked like.

they use path of the duelist to get about 50 nodes on the south end of the tree; you would need to do alot of pathing from the top (witch) start to the right side/bottom in order to get the same melee and 2 h nodes

i figured you would use elementalist, so i did a quick re pathing

https://pastebin.com/HFvDk6as

loses a fair bit of life, MotM jewel nodes and other QoL, but you can definitely make it work.

PoE is great that way, any class can do any build

J3qcnBP.png
    Always

Be

Witch

2 handed sword witch is the best

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited February 2019
    Kamar wrote: »

heres 1mil dps flicker trickster from poe.ninja

i changed it to be elementalist, has similar dps and goes crit

https://pastebin.com/xBr8Dscb

they use ES but you can pretty easily just swap to life

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    FWIW, this is what I stumbled to blindly based on other Oro Flicker builds before I realized I had no clue what I was doing

https://pastebin.com/Y67bGpDJ

Does negative net health mean losing health idle, or just 'you have a long way to positive regen'?