As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »
    You know I picked Steel Meridian before I even knew what syndicate rewards were because I liked their cause the most (luckily they also had stuff that I want).

I was kinda hoping New Loka would stop trying to kill me after finishing Titania's quest though.

Just max everything but Arbiters and Suda. AKA run the Red Veil and New Loka missions with your best Red Veil sigil equipped.

but they're assholes. :(

They're all assholes but I mean, space ninja

If the pay is right I don't have to care if they're an asshole :P

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I was playing some this morning after work and had a kind of humorous experience. I am MR 23 on the ps4 which puts me pretty far ahead of the curve. I rarely see people my rank or higher. Well this morning I decided to run a sortie for the first time in forever. Mobile defense, hijack, and hyena assassination which is not bad. So I load up my sortie load out: Nova prime, Tigris Prime,synoid gammacor, and lesion. All with forma and the various goodies to make them god like killing machines. So when I load into the final mission I get stuck with 2 26's and a 25 who proceed to murder the entire pack before I even see them. They loaded in maybe 10 seconds before me and by the time I got there it was over. I felt like a rookie. And they were leveling gear at the same time. No clue how they managed to drop the whole pack that fast but it was nice to just leave

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    tbh if I could actually pick syndicates it'd be Hexis Suda Perrin Steel bc Veil & Loka are genocidal psychopaths

It's doable. You just have to keep an eye on your standing in each syndicate and know when to switch sigils.

First, get a sigil for Suda, Perrin, and Veil. Don't worry about getting positive standing with Veil, you'll cancel it out later.

Wear your Suda sigil until both Suda and Hexis are maxed out. Don't do missions for Hexis, since that will tank your relationship with Perrin.

Once Suda and Hexis are maxed out, switch to your Veil sigil until Hexis is about to drop in rank. When that happens, switch back to Suda until Hexis is maxed out again. Repeat until Steel Meridian is maxed out.

When Suda, Hexis, and Steel Meridian are all maxed out, switch to you Perrin sigil. Use it until Steel Meridian is about to drop in rank. When that happens, switch to your Veil sigil until Hexis is about to drop in rank. When that happens, switch to your Suda sigil until Hexis is maxed out again. Repeat until Perrin is maxed out.

It'll take a while, but when you're done, Suda, Hexis, Steel Meridian, and Perrin will all be maxed out, while Veil and Loka will hate your guts.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »
    You know I picked Steel Meridian before I even knew what syndicate rewards were because I liked their cause the most (luckily they also had stuff that I want).

I was kinda hoping New Loka would stop trying to kill me after finishing Titania's quest though.

Just max everything but Arbiters and Suda. AKA run the Red Veil and New Loka missions with your best Red Veil sigil equipped.

but they're assholes. :(

tbh if I could actually pick syndicates it'd be Hexis Suda Perrin Steel bc Veil & Loka are genocidal psychopaths

speaking of I guess there's interest in my Warframe tabletop hack eh

/continues scribbling, slowly

To be fair, there's quite a lot of stuff out there that could do with a good genociding. Red Veil at least seem selective enough about it to keep Steel Meridian happy.

• Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Ok, back from vacation. Awesome stuff, but even on lowest settings WF isn't that much fun on my laptop. Let alone the huge ping when I'm suddenly in a different part of the world and forget to adjust the settings.
    Speaking of which, I'm working on a tabletop version of Warframe! It's using Eclipse Phase! The thing that scares me the most is that I think I have a pretty different opinion on life, death, and mortality in the Warframe universe than most people!

(Many spoilers below for many aspects of Warframe)
    The central premise of Eclipse Phase is that the stats of your physical body (your Morph) are totally seperate from your mind (your Ego) and can be swapped between bodies more or less at will. The problem in that Hell Space Future is that bodies are EXPENSIVE AS FUCK.

You can probably see why I'd go straight for this system for Warframe. The first thing I'm going to do is stat out the Warframes and your Tenno body.

Beyond that... a few things. Warning: Delving deep into headcanon and shit. This is a really long-ass ramble and I forgive you if you just go “Seraph what the fuck” and close the tab.

1. The Orokin strike me as having been EXTREMELY concerned with continuity of consciousness. I mean, hell, their immortality method is literally called Continuity. Basically, regardless of your own personal philosophical opinions on it, the Orokin would view a digital imprint of a mind as a copy (see: Cephalons, which are NOT "AI", but digital copies of human consciousness with EXTENSIVE psychosurgery (Eclipse Phase's term for, well, extensive modifications to how your Ego works). They'd similarly even view a regular clone as just a copy. Whatever the hell Kuva actually is, (I suspect it's some kind of nonsense bio-mechanical nanobots or maybe engineered microorganisms, given some stuff in Cephalon Ordis' secret files you get when you finish his Fragments), it allowed the Orokin to get around that. The linked article has a nice explanation of how this would work, but, basically, the Kuva would physically link your brain to another person's brain, and your brain would slowly offload its processes to the linked brain, over-writing it. Which, given that we're talking about another full person's brain (and not an artificial brain like in the article)... this would be a time-consuming and EXTREMELY FUCKING TRAUMATIC process to the person it's being done to, likely resulting in extreme hallucinations and memory problems not unlike Alzhimer's Disease as they succumb to the alien mind overwriting them, much like how a virus that starts to overwrite your computer system would be. Or... in short, the shit that started to happen to us in the War Within (I still wonder if we have some Grineer Queen left floating around our brain somewhere...)

2. The Orokin would have been utterly unconcerned with continuity-of-consciousness for their slave castes. I mean hell, the base colonists already basically only existed as farms for new Orokin bodies (see: Sands of Inaros). For the other castes, the Grineer and what eventually became the Corpus, the only concern would be preventing the loss of important data.

=> 2a. Most Grineer would have been disposable, but I can see the Orokin picking out clones that develop a particularly robust skill set and using some form of bio-engineering to hard-code those skills (and even personality etc! after all, modern Grineer are genetically engineered to be loyal to the Queens). Basically, imagine your foreman dies, but she'd developed a really efficient way of managing her underlings. Instead of training a new foreman, you just copy the old one. You could even copy her multiple times! Now, the more intelligent Grineer do know this... but they also don't really care. This is just part of how life is. Who cares if it's a copy of you?
    Note that this neatly explains why you can go and kill Grineer bosses every week and they just keep coming back. In fact, this could even mean that all the Vor's are actually copies of each other drawn from different stock at different times (except Void Vor, who is immortal the same way as the Tenno, who USE THE KEYS BUT THEY ARE MERE TRESSPASSERS --- wait no okay, okay, moving on. Anyway Void Vor is some sort of Original Vor, that's the point here.)

=> 2b. For the Corpus, it depends on their caste within the Corpus system. The Corpus I see as being much, much more aware of the continuity of consciousness problem, which they solve in a number of ways. The first is that all of them have the severed head thing. All of them. From birth (look at the Ventkids). The metal disk is a cortical stack. Basically it's an artificial brain (as the above article talks about) linked to the real brain from birth, and serves a bunch of other functions (like keeping the head alive when it's in your chest box.) Corpus change bodies by shoving the head onto different things. Like Moa legs. They still REALLY prefer to avoid getting headshot, as most are squirrely about whether the person-in-the-disk is really them... and also the disk can be damaged/destroyed with no remote backup. (So, while with this system the Tenno perma-kill way fewer people than we thought... we still kill a lot of people.) Finally? Getting a new body is fucking expensive. Imagine if you'd worked your way up through the grunt ranks to get a Comba or Scrambus body... and then your body gets fragged beyond recovery. You think your corporate masters are going to foot the bill for that themselves? No, you're going to owe them however much you mortgaged on it in the first place, PLUS the cost of replacing it.

Now, REALLY wealthy or high up Corpus? They remote-cast their minds. That's why Proxies are proxies. Those don't have AI (Jackal, Hyena, & other bosses do; but EVERYTHING can be remote controlled by a Corpus). This is why you meet the same guys over and over again in the Index -- the Index players have not only made A LOT of money on non-Tenno, but they're bankrolled by Nef Anyo's little gambling habit. The guys you see on the floor are clones, piloted remotely by their severed heads, and they’ve been doing this for Y E A R S.

Except John Prodman. He’s just that fucking hardcore.

So basically, that's why the Corpus wear super protective helmets. Unlike the Grineer, they are worried about “what happens when my physical body dies???” and also worried about “if my brain survives, how much fucking debt am I in?”

A theory that showed up on Reddit that I like is also that people who get “brain shelved” (in so much debt they just get put in a black box, forever) have their “idle processes” (software idle processes / unconscious mind) slaved to Proxies. So, dreaming eternally of being a Moa / Osprey / Jackal / Whatever, so that they don’t have a true AI and thus the danger of Sentients.

2c. Your average civilian type—Ostrons, Hexis, Red Veil, Baro’s people before they all got murderized, etc—have longer lifespans than modern humans due to technological advances, but are still mortal. Mostly. The Ostrons especially have extremely long lifespans thanks to the Unum, but they still get old and eventually peter out.

Effectively… the Orokin wanted their cattle to be as healthy and robust as possible for harvest (have you seen Jupiter Ascending? It’s a terribly silly movie, but also very much about this kind of thing.)

2d. The Dax Soldiers. I think that while Dax Soldiers are RIDICULOUSLY long lived through cybernetic and biological augmentation (eg, functionally immortal unless killed), they DID NOT have backup systems like the Orokin. Their job was to die gloriously. Again, see Ordis’ Fragments—the worst punishment Ballas could think of for a renegade Dax was to make him immortal. And technically Ballas did it twice! To Umbra as well! The Dax, I think, were supposed to find some level of glory in being limited and unique. Each a crafted work of art. And this was a system of Orokin control, because I think Ordis and Umbra were hardly the first to go “hey fucking wait.” The Dax were not afforded immortality because even the most stringent of conditioning would eventually be subverted (see also Teshin).

3. This is why Corrupted and Infested are so fucking terrifying—Infestation isn’t something you can really come back from. If you are Corpus and you get Infested? Your Cortical Stack gets compromised. Even if you had needlecasting (remote backup), all your backups are now corrupted (a la Cephalon Jordas.) Grineer care a bit less, but they still get disturbed by seeing their own faces peering out of the Infested mass (and I headcanon that many of them feel like they dream of the Infested if they have clones in their line that have succumbed). Similarly, the Orokin Sentries were an indoctrination system to keep the lower casts in line (basically broadcasting “the orokin are the best! Everything here is fine! OBEY”) but the sentries have been locked in defense mode since the Fall (eg, “MOBILIZE ANYTHING THIS WORKS ON TO MURDER TENNO AND/OR SENTIENTS”). But similarly, the system overrides ur brainz, and you can’t really be recovered from that. Ever. (Also, not inconceivable that Man in the Wall has hijacked/subverted many of these systems for the lulz) (bc he does everything for the fucking lulz)

Even on the rare occasion that a stack can be fully recovered… you’re always gonna be a bit weird/off (ALAD V…..)

4. The Tenno are functionally immortal energy beings. They can die, but generally only if they fall into such a deep despair that they can’t keep themselves together anymore, eg, such that they give up. Everything the Lotus (and, later, Ordis) does is to keep that from happening, to give the Tenno a sense of purpose. Even then, there’s some suspicion that when a Tenno gives up in such a way, that… ………. rap tap tap
    (It is one reason that the true nature of the Tenno was kept secret by Ballas from the rest of the Orokin—because this was what the Orokin truly wanted. TRUE immortality. )

5. “Wait, how many Tenno are there, anyway?” There were somewhere around 40 million total Warframe players (counting inactive and duplicate accounts). If we assume that only half of those accounts are actually active and not duplicates (probably a generous estimate?)
    the Tenno are somewhere between the population of Chonquing, China and Istanbul, Turkey. If we go by the number of simultaneous logins, I think the record is 500k on PC at one time, which would be around the population of Tucson, AZ. Personally, I’d put it somewhere in the middle: basically, the Zariman 10-0 was a h u g e city ship. If we put the count of Tenno at 1.4 million (about the size of the US Armed Forces at present) with the Zariman’s approximate total population at around 2.8 million (assuming appx. 2 sub-adult children per family, give or take)… that’s not entirely unreasonable for a city sized ship. (and the Z10-0 was BIG.) This explains why our Tenno had no idea who the fuck Rell was.

This seems like a lot, but remember that the current population of Earth is well over 8 billion. Even though Warframe Earth has way fewer people due to effectively an extinction event… the solar system is a VERY FUCKING BIG PLACE. Given that we seldom see the same exact set of tiles twice in a given area (outside Cetus & Fortuna), we can assume that each “node” is big enough that we might NEVER see the same combination twice… the Solar System is Large. 1.4 million Tenno would be a drop in the bucket there. As for how the Lotus kept track of all that? She’s an immortal space robot. I mean, jeez.

(iirc canonically we each have a different “fork” (copy) of Ordis, though they’re all sorta connected. Like, we have Our Ordis, and we’re His Operator, but there’s a lot of copies of Ordis who each have their own Operators.)
    Nicely put :biggrin:.

And indeed, as a fan of both Eclipse Phase and (obviously) Warframe I'd be quite interested in that. So remember to give us a link once you've reached a point at which you feel comfortable sharing your work.

Dakkareth on
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Well, finally got around to looking into Fortuna.
    And i hate this place.
    Every other mission objective seems to be "guard this point against hoard of enemies who try to shoot it", sometimes it's "guard these points" instead, but somehow that is not helpful.
    Like the style, the map is interesting, but the missions, missions suck.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I think most people in general hate defense missions/objectives. Its kind of the opposite of mobile space ninja theme. I think i like fortunas theme more than cetus, but definitely like cetus missions more.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I had a synthesis scan daily from Simaris that I finally finished up and turned in, but now that Switch has Fortuna I'm wondering if they did away with that and changed to a different system? Can't figure out how to pick up a new daily. Simaris says "synthesize this creature for me" but doesn't offer a quest. However at another console I am able to pick a synthesis target as my chosen target.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I had this happen too, interested in the answer. I assumed that I lingered too long on the daily and had to wait for the UTC reset or something. It seems like there are some things that reset overnight but others that wait for the UTC (daily gift) time.

Edit: should expand. I swear I left a single SM mission once or twice over night and then when I play next day before the UTC reset, I've got a brand new full list of syndicate missions again. I need to pay more attention to it, I guess, but figured I'd ask here too.

I did notice those individually picked enemy targets are not related to the daily, but do reward Simaris standing. Up to about 5 on lancer now.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Baro has Primed Reach and all the dual stat fire mods, so that probably means the dual stat electric ones aren't too far behind for people who don't have Jolt.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Those are the non daily scans for specified enemy types. In simaris's room, the console on the left as you enter the main room has the accessible types.

They usually require 10ish scans and give lore bits.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    On the Switch version Baro has the Supra Vandal, Primed Charged Shell and the Prime ammo mutation mods.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Xbox matches the switch. I really want Primed Charged Shell, Supra Vandal and the Prismatic Liset skin, but I'm worried about what I can rack up by end of weekend (I'm really pumped to jump straight into Anthem too). I have about 295 ducats from just getting rid of the duplicates I have from Relics.

I've heard people praise Supra Vandal, so it seems like I should focus on that. Is Primed Charged Shell a must have as well? Also I think I saw a Prisma Tetra? Just looking for an opinion as a new player if there's something I really should not let pass.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Papagander wrote: »
    Xbox matches the switch. I really want Primed Charged Shell, Supra Vandal and the Prismatic Liset skin, but I'm worried about what I can rack up by end of weekend (I'm really pumped to jump straight into Anthem too). I have about 295 ducats from just getting rid of the duplicates I have from Relics.

I've heard people praise Supra Vandal, so it seems like I should focus on that. Is Primed Charged Shell a must have as well? Also I think I saw a Prisma Tetra? Just looking for an opinion as a new player if there's something I really should not let pass.

If you have the MR for it the Supra Vandal is the best purchase. As a projectile weapon it's not the best choice for the open maps like POE and Orb Vallis outside of a few situations (Operation Plague Star's horde of Infested lined up nicely for the Vandal) but in indoor maps it's a really effective weapon when you treat it more as a light machine gun instead of an assault rifle: You're not going for precision so much as volume of fire down a hallway while holding down the trigger until nothing is trying to fight you anymore.

Primed Charge Shell is more shotgun damage and something you'd want eventually but a lot of shotguns don't have the space for it. A lot of the more commonly used shotguns are geared towards status builds and will use other mods. So you'll have use for it on a Vaykor Hek or Corinth but not on a Tigris Prime, Phantasma, or Strun Wraith.

Prisma Tetra is not great. It's there if you need the MR points but you have so many other priorities right now.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Papagander wrote: »

Primed charged shell is a must if you use any shotguns on a somewhat regular basis since it is a straight damage increase. Tetra is kinda meh, get it if you need the MR xp, but if you're short on ducats you can wait until the next time it rolls around.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Finally got Infiltrate for Ivara!

... Have to Forma her to make it fit! Fuck!

*edit* Also, I finally sold off all my Rivens for platinum and thus decided, fuck it, and splurged on a potato and forma for my Adarza Kavat. And.

1. Cat's Eye is really, really good. Screw the loot chance for the Smeeta. I'm finally getting Orange and Red crits because of my very good Cat.
    2. Holy crap on certain frames Link Armor/Health/Shields makes your cat ridiculous. Link Health + Armor on Inaros means my cat has more health than me.

I might also potato + Forma my Helmith Charger, but only once I get the Strain Mods + a Nidus.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Primed Charge Shell is more shotgun damage and something you'd want eventually but a lot of shotguns don't have the space for it. A lot of the more commonly used shotguns are geared towards status builds and will use other mods. So you'll have use for it on a Vaykor Hek or Corinth but not on a Tigris Prime, Phantasma, or Strun Wraith.

I have it on all my shotguns, including the Tigris Prime and Arca Plasmor which are status based. Mine each only have one forma on each and they have 100% status and have the Primed Charged Shell, they are easy to build because the dual stat status/elemental mods all have less drain than the straight elemental damage mods.

Edit: total brain fart, I was thinking it was Primed Point Blank, not Primed Charged Shell which I do not have on all my shotguns, sorry!

Daimar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thanks you two. I forgot to check mastery on the Supra Vandal, prolly be back many times before I'll be close to equipping it. Sounds like I'll just try and build the credits to get the Lismet skin and save the rest of my ducats for next time.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    All you need to know about upcoming Phase 1 melee changes!

Short version:

-Phases are no longer going to be sets of weapons, but slowing replacing aspects of Melee 2.0 with 3.0
    -Hitting quick melee instantly switches to melee mode, hitting fire or aim will go back to gunplay.
    -Option to make quick melee a toggle, for those who like using left click for both swinging and shooting.
    -blocking is now automatic for a cone in front of you in melee mode.
    -Channeling is now a toggle, default is now alt-fire button.
    -Ground Slams will now be directional; you slam where you look.
    -Combos will resume between shooting if done in a timeframe.
    -Next Phase will affect Mods and Channeling.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    I'll be I interested in trying things as they go.

I'm not sure how it's going to feel using a bow and melee together, but normal gunplay sounds great. I guess melee+shotgun can be a thing too.

• Options
    Just did the 30 minute survival for the Gift From The Lotus.

Waiting at extraction, clock hits 0.

Game crashes.

Fuck.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

Short version:

-Phases are no longer going to be sets of weapons, but slowing replacing aspects of Melee 2.0 with 3.0
    -Hitting quick melee instantly switches to melee mode, hitting fire or aim will go back to gunplay.
    -Option to make quick melee a toggle, for those who like using left click for both swinging and shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FImc2LOr8

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Just did the 30 minute survival for the Gift From The Lotus.

Waiting at extraction, clock hits 0.

Game crashes.

Fuck.

During last week's my group got stuck on the mission over screen. Thankfully it still counted as done and we got the rewards. Not sure if a crash then makes it far enough to register if you weren't in the process of extracting though.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Nah, got nothing. Got to do it again.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    N I G H T W A V E Dev Workshop
    TL;DR - We are removing Alerts and replacing them with an Episodic/Program called Nightwave! Here’s a breakdown of the above 6 pages:

Nightwave: A pirate radio series brought to you by the rogue Nora Night. Unlike Alerts, there is variety in challenge, lore, and less luck involved with what is available in terms of rewards.
    The Wolf of Saturn Six: The first Nightwave!
    Nightwave Rewards: The current Alert rewards will be moved into a “Cred Offerings” store, where they can be purchased with currency earned from completing Acts (challenges) and ranking up with Nightwave. Reward tiers will also be available, debuting with some purchase-only items like Inventory Slots and some cosmetics into earnables (along with some items new to Warframe!)
    New System, new challenges! With Nightwaves we have more flexibility to explore desirable reward options, and in doing so we’ll definitely be shifting things around, adding and removing, and ultimately learning as we go.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Apparently a third workshop will be coming out later today as well, though I don't know what it's over yet. Still, lots of things to dig through and look forward to!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    TL;DR - We are removing Alerts and replacing them with an Episodic/Program called Nightwave! Here’s a breakdown of the above 6 pages:

Nightwave: A pirate radio series brought to you by the rogue Nora Night. Unlike Alerts, there is variety in challenge, lore, and less luck involved with what is available in terms of rewards.
    Nightwave Rewards: The current Alert rewards will be moved into a “Cred Offerings” store, where they can be purchased with currency earned from completing Acts (challenges) and ranking up with Nightwave. Reward tiers will also be available, debuting with some purchase-only items like Inventory Slots and some cosmetics into earnables (along with some items new to Warframe!)
    New System, new challenges! With Nightwaves we have more flexibility to explore desirable reward options, and in doing so we’ll definitely be shifting things around, adding and removing, and ultimately learning as we go.

80s intensifies.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    Should I fill all my ayatans in the interest of selling them for platinum? Most people sell them filled, right? I wasn't sure how to denote that on warframe.market, is it "rank?" They seem to be 3/3 or 0/3, with some rare 2/3 for some reason.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

I like most of that but losing alerts for specific Nightmare mods that are a pain to make randomly drop (basically just Blaze) and the Kavat genes is a bummer. The bulk of my supply of space cat genes has come from alerts instead of trying to scan the things in derelict missions.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    A reliable way to farm potatoes?? Amazing!

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    making it so you can earn slots instead of buying is a nice change!
    i agree the kavat gene change is less than optimal, but as i probably won't make a kavat as long as there is a maintenance to having them, it doesn't really affect me as much. i already have khora built, so i don't need em for her.
    overall it looks to be a positive change, not missing out on rewards because i'm not playing during that specific hour and half timeframe (or whatever) is nice (if i'm reading that correctly).

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Ugh. Another 30 minute alert? I hate this.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular

I like most of that but losing alerts for specific Nightmare mods that are a pain to make randomly drop (basically just Blaze) and the Kavat genes is a bummer. The bulk of my supply of space cat genes has come from alerts instead of trying to scan the things in derelict missions.

I really need to go and watch/read it again but it seems like they could add those items at some tier of the rewards table and you can spend the credits that you earn on them instead. Basically what I got from watching the stream that happened earlier today was that the things you do in the new system earn you credits that allow you to rank up so to speak and the different ranks have different rewards that you can choose which rewards you spend your credits to get. Maybe the nightmare mod and the Kavat genes are items in the last tier ... ie you still have to work a bit for them but you are guaranteed the item you want.

I may be completely wrong but I like the idea of this system way better. I don't have to get up at three in the morning because that alert for that one item I need just dropped and I have an hour to get 'er dun ... if the item I want is at tier 3, I gather enough credits to buy that item and can do this over the course of two to three days. Basically, you can go after the items that YOU want when you have the time. No ambiguity of RNG, or time of day, you just buy the item YOU want with the credit you have earned. Sh!t can't come soon enough for me LOL.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I am slightly sad they are retiring the endo from alerts, because while it's not a huge deal, it has been a nice slow drip feed over time. I don't see the harm in making 100 endo an option in there, even if it's a waste compared to the other rewards.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I am slightly sad they are retiring the endo from alerts, because while it's not a huge deal, it has been a nice slow drip feed over time. I don't see the harm in making 100 endo an option in there, even if it's a waste compared to the other rewards.

if you want drips of 100 endo at a time, just do a single extractor at hericon. (or, like, rathuum or arbitrations)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

Short version:

Ahem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIGpHNoJJL8

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    God damn that N I G H T W A V E update is meaty as fuck and sounds fantastic. 2019 is gonna be a banner year for Warframe the way things are going.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options

Short version:

Ahem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIGpHNoJJL8

That video is actually a lot better if you increase the playback speed to 1.1 (by for example using the chrome video speed controller plugin).

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I've been trying to get myself to play Warframe recently and failing...I log in, do an alert, maybe level a frame a few levels on Oceanum or Hydron, then log out because meh.

Hoping I'll feel more inclined to do stuff--especially on frames I don't main--with this system.

This discussion has been closed.