As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Pailryder wrote: »
    nnng is it going to be Baptiste the healer or Cuerva? The write-up on Baptiste makes me wonder how they would differentiate from Ana. Guess we'll see! The Archive mission is usually April though right? Also, didn't we get a good teaser from the Ashe intro of the next person? Would they release two people at the same time?!?

I think I remember they officially said the robot from the Ashe trailer wasn't going to be hero 30, but was going to be a new hero sometime after that.

I'm wondering if it isn't a two-fer deal, like new hero in March, new archive mission featuring that hero (maybe as an enemy boss) in April.

Given that it's in Haiti, and the spooky introduction they're giving him, could Baptiste the Talon healer be voodoo themed perhaps? A little Baron Samedi action? Someone at Blizzard likes that stuff given how much they cribbed from it for the Trolls' beliefs in Warcraft. Also, Cuerva means raven, which could also be a hint towards the new hero sharing Moira's 'duality of life and death' theming.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I have finally had time to cut some Paris vids ^.^ behold - a glorious Pharah headfake and pick.

https://youtu.be/rmSt1joJcSU
    soylenth wrote: »
    I'm kind of glad I never run into you in matches Chance. I would break a controller!

Aw - you wouldn't want to test your mettle? I would! They're not all gold medals and phobic Pharahs, y'know. I get creamed my share too - I just don't post those. ...often.

Plus I can't believe I elicit genuinely negative feelings in the opposing team. Who would be annoyed by a Tracer like this?

https://youtu.be/qV23B8Vdht0

I barely even touched their support. Just doin' good clean backline ganks, pullin' aggro and winnin' duels. That's sporting as heck, if not downright wholesome.

If you're even high Gold you could give me a run for my money - and I've fought Silvers who wrecked me repeatedly, so I say if you come across me in a game bring out your best hero and put up your dukes! ^.^

1bxzarpe9ddr.jpg

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I think I'm coming across a bug where Genji's enemy Dragonblade voice line isn't playing over audio and as a Zen main it's seriously fucking my play up

I think I'm coming across a bug where Genji's enemy Dragonblade voice line isn't playing over audio and as a Zen main it's seriously fucking my play up

I can't remember the last "omg day saved" Trance I pulled off - and I play Zen at least twice a week. I specifically recall being super-disappointed with my Trances when I first played Paris on Tuesday.

I used to be so good at it >.<

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I pulled off a sonic barrier a split second before a D.Va bomb went off on my team once and felt like a god

Got like 1000 fire points and my teammates just all went, “hoooooly shit good ult” over comms

It’s probably pretty basic Lucío play though (but I almost never play him)

Oh it feels amazing when you get it right.
    I've got a vid of a teammate saying "thank God, Zenyatta" after a death blossom counter ult back in like year 1 - but Zen's is easy as hell compared to Lucio.

Come to think of it, Lucio's is probably the hardest support ult to get value out of - unless we're considering the odds of missing a Nano.

Rally: easiest to use, low value

Valk: easy to use, low value

Nano: pretty easy, can sometimes require twitch aim, mid tier value

Trance: requires lightning reflexes and gamesense, highest possible value

Barrier: requires supernatural prediction of an incoming threat for max value, excellent gamesense, but only a mid-high value

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Chance wrote: »
    I've got a vid of a teammate saying "thank God, Zenyatta" after a death blossom counter ult back in like year 1 - but Zen's is easy as hell compared to Lucio.

Come to think of it, Lucio's is probably the hardest support ult to get value out of - unless we're considering the odds of missing a Nano.

Barrier: requires supernatural prediction of an incoming threat for max value, excellent gamesense, but only a mid-high value

Part of that being that no teammate Lucio actually uses their ult, ever. At least not in QP, unless its the enemy Lucio in which case they're always using it.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    i want echo to have a projectile attack, they havent added any projectile heroes ever other than maybe if you count ana primary >: (

or hammonds BEAUTIFUL ROUND BODY

gimme a nice arcing projectile thats a tiny bit faster than junkrat yissss

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    i want echo to have a projectile attack, they havent added any projectile heroes ever other than maybe if you count ana primary >: (

Doomfist shoots projectiles and is a projectile. Orisa's gun is projectile-only... and so's halt and her barrier come to think of it. And so's a Moira orb...

I'd like a new hero who's a bit more accessible than Ashe, Doom and Ham. Make someone who's as easy to pick up and play as Mei or Junk or Mercy.

McMoogle wrote: »

Part of that being that no teammate Lucio actually uses their ult, ever. At least not in QP, unless its the enemy Lucio in which case they're always using it.

No, they do - I just rarely get to enjoy it 'cause I'm around a nearby corner on a flank.

When I get one, though it's like a low-grade Nano. "OMFG I HAVE 600HP FOR 3 SECONDS I GOTTA GET USE OUT OF THIS AND awww I missed. Oh well."

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

Doomfist shoots projectiles and is a projectile. Orisa's gun is projectile-only... and so's halt and her barrier come to think of it. And so's a Moira orb...

I'd like a new hero who's a bit more accessible than Ashe, Doom and Ham. Make someone who's as easy to pick up and play as Mei or Junk or Mercy.

theyre barely projectiles

doomfists gun works like a shotgun at the ranges you use it, and orisas gun is not a projectile to make it fun to use - its a projectile to stop it being a useful source of sustained damage vs moving targets at range

neither are meaningfully projectiles where you have to calculate trajectories timing etc, orisa requires mild shotleading at best

im talkin shit like pharah or rat left click, big chonky slow bois, even better if they arc for maximum G E O M E T R Y

tenor.gif

^ideal gameplay diagram

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    they leaked the next hero, it's Random Yakuza Mook

https://youtu.be/ynTLRWMHiAQ

uc3ufTB.png
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    In a QP game last night i got potg as a sombra. The soldier was not especially happy because i used my ult which hit the entire enemy team and then he used visor to kill the enemy team. So i guess i enabled it but he actually did all the killing. I laughed.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    In a QP game last night i got potg as a sombra. The soldier was not especially happy because i used my ult which hit the entire enemy team and then he used visor to kill the enemy team. So i guess i enabled it but he actually did all the killing. I laughed.

Mei is strangely great at both stealing POTG's and having them stolen from her. It's kind of random. Like moira DPS orbs, blizzard has a tendency to finish people off, so it can steal thunder from ex. an ulted, nanoed Winston

But at the same time, if I freeze everyone and they get DVa or Junk ulted, then they get the POTG, even though Mei just handed it to them on a silver platter so all they had to do was press Q.

Obviously, I'm still super happy with that outcome. As long as the enemy gets sent to respawn, I don't actually care much who get the glory.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    edited February 2019

theyre barely projectiles

doomfists gun works like a shotgun at the ranges you use it, and orisas gun is not a projectile to make it fun to use - its a projectile to stop it being a useful source of sustained damage vs moving targets at range

neither are meaningfully projectiles where you have to calculate trajectories timing etc, orisa requires mild shotleading at best

im talkin shit like pharah or rat left click, big chonky slow bois, even better if they arc for maximum G E O M E T R Y

tenor.gif

^ideal gameplay diagram

A cheese sandwich remains a sandwich despite its obvious shortcomings, and a Moira orb, which bounces to and fro and speaks to all of your strategic and geometric kinks remains a projectile, despite the lack of an explosion at the end.

Your arbitrary criteria that a projectile is not a projectile unless it moves at a specifically-slow speed and maybe bounces are clearly the biased affectations of a shameless Junk main! (Pointed finger!) J'accuse!

Ahhh the pleasure of being technically correct. Truly, the best kind of correct.

All this being said - I get what you're saying. There's a satisfaction to landing a Junk made or Pharah rocket that no other hero can offer.

Dept of Bad Ideas anyone?

I was trying to think of a way for a hero to really fight with music or sound waves the way you'd think Lucio might a while ago, and I came up with this:

The hero shoots colossal orbs of a sound mix that are about 1.5x the height of Rein. These will bounce at their exact center - basically clipping halfway into a wall or floor before bouncing off, and travel slower than a Sym orb - like a Moira orb when it's latched on - but here's the kicker: enemies can't see them. They can only hear them once they're inside the orb, and when they're in the Primary Fire orb - we'll call it The Melody Orb - it's a little less damage than a Moira's grasp - practically nothing - but the target can see the damage occurring and hear the first layer of the song (the melody).

One alt skill would be defensive, but the other would be the Percussion Orb alt-fire - identical size and behavior to the first, but the Percussion Orb deals a light burst of 15 every other beat, and a burst of 50 on the alternating beats. Annnd... if a target is inside both orbs at once at the right moment to hear the beats, the Percussuin Orb's damage is doubled. The hero can detonate the Percussion Orb at will for 100 damage regardless of where the Melody Orb is, but detonation does not increase its damage over 100 if its layered with the Melody.

But what the target hears is a melody that begins to block out other sound cues - and if they hear the beat and the melody it's omg gtfo.

It wouldn't be the same kind of Super Satisfying Big Boom Projectile as Junk or Pharah, but I thought it was an interesting idea.

Edit: the most obvious downside being no matter what the song is, it's gonna' get real old, real fast.

Chance on

Hey you musta done some damage beyond the assists to get PotG. I've had those too. Your Soldier ults and suddenly no one is looking at you - you can lay in damage and trust Mr. Aimbot to land the finishing blows.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    My best Mei potg was this one

https://youtu.be/CSm4eTZB3j4

Entirely amusing that I only get 1 kill, which was the Widowmaker I was hosing down

But I imagine my ult was doing....stuff like setting up my team to win that teamfight up there

Orphane on
    Technically a 5k?

Orphane wrote: »
    My best Mei potg was this one

https://youtu.be/CSm4eTZB3j4

Entirely amusing that I only get 1 kill, which was the Widowmaker I was hosing down

But I imagine my ult was doing....stuff like setting up my team to win that teamfight up there

The important things are that you were wearing the best skin and had the best highlight intro.

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2019
    Best skin agreed but I still prefer the smiley face. "I'm so adorable - and so deadly!

Chance on
    Best skin agreed but I still prefer the smiley face. "I'm so adorable - and so deadly!

it is indeed a tough call

steam_sig.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Still kind of wish we could get randomizers for skins and highlight intros that had a toggle menu (so you could prevent that one unlock you never wanted but got out of a box).

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Washington has classy away uniforms.

Washington and Paris' away uniforms practically are the Gundam-themed Reinhardt skin people were saying we wanted a while back.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular

I can't remember the last "omg day saved" Trance I pulled off - and I play Zen at least twice a week. I specifically recall being super-disappointed with my Trances when I first played Paris on Tuesday.

Good trances (reading incoming Dragonblades, Earthshatters or Grav-Dragons) and baiting out follow-up ultimates is the only dopamine I get from playing Zen and probably one of the few reasons I still main him

It sure as shit isn't because of my great matchups against the majority of other heroes in the game

edited February 2019

Good trances (reading incoming Dragonblades, Earthshatters or Grav-Dragons) and baiting out follow-up ultimates is the only dopamine I get from playing Zen and probably one of the few reasons I still main him

It sure as shit isn't because of my great matchups against the majority of other heroes in the game

My Zen Dopamine levels are maintained by the headshot sound, particularly in concert with the volley.

Though come to think of it, given that I can't remember the last time I had an awesome Trance, that's the only other thing that could.

Well boots to faces maybe - but I've never been good at that on Zen.

Chance on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I said this last year but the broadcasters need to actually dress like they're presenting something and they didn't just wander in from hipsterville. Business casual is not hard to pull off.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I said this last year but the broadcasters need to actually dress like they're presenting something and they didn't just wander in from hipsterville. Business casual is not hard to pull off.

On the one hand, society's obsession over clothing, divorced from its utilitarian function, is completely absurd.

On the other hand, I don't present entertainment media to large audiences for a living, but I would understand that such a job might reasonably have a minimum dress code.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Semmler's migraine outfits are perfect

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I am obsessed with virtual clothing, if that counts.

edited February 2019
    Someone on ResetERA suggests a Deadeye-from-Daredevil hero who can ricochet shots around corners. I immediately think of @surrealitycheck

Edit oh I liked this:

njbmqtzevsn1.jpg

Chance on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    shanghai up 2-0 in their game against boston!!

CarelessWiltedHumpbackwhale-size_restricted.gif

uc3ufTB.png
    THE LOSING STREAK HAS BEEN BROKEN

uc3ufTB.png
    THE LOSING STREAK HAS BEEN BROKEN

No joke I was refreshing the thread page and saw your post right as a dramatic swell of music in the film score I was listening to played. Could not have been timed better with video editing software.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'll cheer for shanghai dragons when a shanghai dragons player is in the game >:(

liEt3nH.png
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Geguri played in the first map.

exception that proves the rule!!!

seriously though this is one of those things that gets under my skin because like, pretty much the reason anyone cares about shanghai is the players from last season and the results they wound up having. if it might as well be a new team, what's the point

liEt3nH.png
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Did you expect Shanghai to keep the same team? That would be madness.

it's not impressive that they win if they change them though!

liEt3nH.png
    Hey, they made a movie about the guy who changed a baseball team's lineup and started winning. It's still cool.

This discussion has been closed.