As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The result of this [love] thread is pointedly clear

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Love thread, could I get some advice on which one of these makes for a better first photo? Or if I should take an actually good photo instead that isn't just a selfie from my car?
    0eqz6g3u1s3u.jpeg
    gl00cepbqwl4.jpeg

I like the second one better.

Lookin’ good, Mai-Kero.

sarukun on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone texts something to a wrong number these days, especially when it seems to be someone they have texted before? Maybe even regularly?

If somebody changes their number, somehow it gets recycled and back into the system and then reassigned. Lots of people don't always update their contacts.

I've gotten some weird-ass random wrong-number texts, but luckily nothing NSFW yet.

If you want, I can forward you this boobies pic I got last night! Right now it's a pretty exclusive club and you can get in on the ground floor! (If it isn't clear, I'm not...going to actually do that)

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Apparently Saint Fiacre is the patron saint of people with hemorrhoids because he once got hemorrhoids while he was plowing a field

I'm unclear on the concept of a patron Saint.

Apparently Saint Fiacre is the patron saint of people with hemorrhoids because he once got hemorrhoids while he was plowing a field

I want to know what hemorrhoids-related miracle he performed in order to get canonized!

Also always going to be disappointed that canonization doesn't involve a cannon.

Uriel wrote: »
    Also always going to be disappointed that canonization doesn't involve a cannon.

Doesn’t necessarily involve a cannon.

If you're canonized while reading a retconned Star Wars novel, does that make it canon?

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    No it makes you a nerdo dorkus

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

That's SAINT Nerdo Dorkus thank you very much

Goose! wrote: »

That's SAINT Nerdo Dorkus thank you very much

That was my favorite character from the prequels.

Nerdo Dorkus sounds like a name George Lucas would have actually pitched for a Star Wars character.

More like slowfeldorf

More like slowfeldorf

So does this

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    So, it turns out, teaching dogs is......good

We just wrapped up our second round of classes (Basic Obedience and Pre-Novice), and are totally shocked at our retention rate now that we have two levels running, plus a little puppy class

We're gonna have a nearly full class at each level (and maybe a full Basic Obedience, and a small Level 3 (Novice) Class!) and that's just so exciting! Especially seeing my Dad as happy as he is - he just loves this so, so much more than his previous trades job, it feels really good to have built this business up for him

Also people let me play with their dogs for a few hours at a time so I'm really happy, especially because the breeder I've been in contact with confirmed that their dog just had puppies today!!! So I'll be picking my puppy up in April and bringing her into the next puppy class I teach

This Spring's shaping up to have some good potential???

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    It's like the old saying.

Enjoy what you do, and you'll never not be playing with puppies.

Or something.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I miss my dog a lot from the breakup so dog pictures on tinder dramatically increase my chance of swiping the good direction.

Also thank you for the photo feedback everyone. I might actually drop some money on a real haircut and beard trim soon and take some photos out and about. Zero percent of my friends ever take any so I've got nothing social that's not like five years old.

Mai-Kero on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

I want to know what hemorrhoids-related miracle he performed in order to get canonized!

Apparently he sat down on a stone and it cured his hemorrhoids

Which makes me think the stone was probably considered a relic and used to treat hemorrhoids, although it might now be lost

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm home from work, sick with sinus infections

I slept maybe three hours last night

How in the hell do y'all nap?
    Sleep sitting up on a comfy couch.

sig.gif
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Apparently he sat down on a stone and it cured his hemorrhoids

Which makes me think the stone was probably considered a relic and used to treat hemorrhoids, although it might now be lost

Sounds like that stone should have been canonized. Fiacre was just some guy with hemorrhoids.

I need to get out to the parks in spring.

Stupid weather needs to change soon.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    He's also the patron saint of gardeners!

The story goes that he really wanted to grow vegetables at his monastery but the abbot told him the garden could not be bigger than what he could till in a day

And the antagonistic abbot gave him a really tiny shovel, leading to Fiacre's bad case of hemorrhoids

Antogonistic abott is my new band name

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I don't really understand how a shovel gives you hemorrhoids unless you are sticking it up your butt as a prop to sit on but ok whatever

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Even then it really shouldn't give you hemorrhoids, splinters in your turd cutter perhaps, but not hemorrhoids.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I got a wrong number text yesterday asking if I was up for a Surge.

I assume she wasn't asking about the soda, but either way probably not.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    always say yes to surge

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Maybe he was shoveling all day and got dehydrated and tried too hard to force a poop out and gave himself a hemorrhoid?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Peccavi wrote: »
    I got a wrong number text yesterday asking if I was up for a Surge.

I assume she wasn't asking about the soda, but either way probably not.

They were asking if you wanted to go to Iraq in early 2002.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    He's also the patron saint of gardeners!

The story goes that he really wanted to grow vegetables at his monastery but the abbot told him the garden could not be bigger than what he could till in a day

And the antagonistic abbot gave him a really tiny shovel, leading to Fiacre's bad case of hemorrhoids

... but Fiacre took out his staff and just dragged it behind him, tilling soil, rocks, bushes, trees, probably some small animals too dumb to get out of the way ... until he had a huuuuuuge tract of tilled land for his garden.

Which he then used to grow medicinal herbs, which he used to heal local villagers, gaining a great reputation as the guy to go see if you were sick.

Fiacre's a key member of the long list of "Irish Dudes Who Moved to France and Did Cool Shit," which list also includes people like Richard Hennessy.

always say yes to surge

You can't tell me what to do

I mean, you can

but fuck you, I won't do what you tell me.

Unless you tell me to eat pizza

because I will do that.

I mean, you can

because I will do that.

Put dumplings on a pizza.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I mean, you can

because I will do that.

Put dumplings on a pizza.

A calzone is basically a dumpling.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I like apples on my pizza I like apple pizza please

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    Gonna eat pizza for dinner today.

Went to dim sum and my favorite bar with my new girlfriend last night. Hugs and makeouts and conversation and tasty cocktails.

Our trip to Sun Moon Lake starts on Wednesday evening, I can’t waaaaaaiiiiiiiiit. Why isn’t it Wednesdaaaaaay yeeeeeeeeet.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    So I guess once a month the kids are going to have a sleepover at their grandparents’ house
    HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I had maple chili apples on waffles the other day and it was real good

Seriously I hate winter. The depression bug crawls up my butt and makes all my shit worse.

Like obviously I've had it rough since last year but bad weather and lack of sunlight and exercise makes me turn into gollum from the hobbit. (Except fat) seriously I talk to badly to myself it's ridiculous.

I hope that the seasonal prediction rodent was correct.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I had maple chili apples on waffles the other day and it was real good

That sounds amazing

I love food and I love new food combinations

I kind of wish I loved food a little less sometimes, but at the same time there is so much pleasure to be derived from eating

Seriously I hate winter. The depression bug crawls up my butt and makes all my shit worse.

Like obviously I've had it rough since last year but bad weather and lack of sunlight and exercise makes me turn into gollum from the hobbit. (Except fat) seriously I talk to badly to myself it's ridiculous.

I hope that the seasonal prediction rodent was correct.

It is 15 fucking degrees (Celcius) outside and I am so tired of it.

This discussion has been closed.