As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Turns out you need to clean your wounds in neo scavenger

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Iolo wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Iolo is a mentions terrorist.

Hey now, I only built the weapon for a single, state-sponsored use well within the GenevaMentions Convention. Other people have been deploying it willy nilly!

:)

As a victim of this weapon, I agree with you. Please remove the @ when you quote posts like that. I, and I am sure others, really dont need more reminders about how I most likely wont get to play battletech this weekend.

Veevee on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    So I've been fighting and swearing my way through Pathfinder Adventures as of the last few days, and I'm already up to the second adventure of the second module. Apparently I was so engrossed in my war against crappy dice rolls that I missed something that landed on my lawn...

gy2i6p1k7lxv.png

Thanks to @Malakaius for Contract with the Devil! I can always use another hidden object game!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Motherf-

Welp. I've become that which I hate. I forgot to pause my Humble Monthly.

For your penance you get to activate all 19 separate keys for EDF.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    The only EDF keys you really need are the base game and the weapon that launches bug attracting decoy balloons that look like anime girls.

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    Apparently someone on reddit leaked the unrevealed games from March Humble Monthly. The reveals should be Slipstream, Fight'N Rage, Paradigm, Late Shift, Tower Unite.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Yep. Completely useless bundle for me.

• Options
    SledGodSledGod Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The only EDF keys you really need are the base game and the weapon that launches bug attracting decoy balloons that look like anime girls.

I've never really played EDF so I'm assuming this is a jo-

0425y3d9c0ms.jpg

Oh okay then.

SledGod on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    20XX dropped below $5 for the first time as today's daily.

Guess it's finally impulse buy pricing.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    The best part of the anime girl decoy balloons is that they stick to anything.

Even your teammates.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Even your teammates.

So let me get this straight.

You can shoot your teammate with a weapon that sticks an anime girl balloon to them, they can't get it off, and it draws all the monsters to them?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I should have probably posted this when I found it a couple months ago. This link is a list of mods for the two Portal games that add more content and do other crazy hyjinks. This is also a perfect example of what Workshop and general community features in a game browser/store can do (fuck you Epic):

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/a7vih2/me_and_puzzle_games_everytime/ec6acs0/

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Even your teammates.

You can shoot your teammate with a weapon that sticks an anime girl balloon to them, they can't get it off, and it draws all the monsters to them?

Asking for a friend, right?

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

BATTLETECH BATTLETECH BATTLETECH!!!

If you've been meaning to buy it or even just try it, now's is a good opportunity.

It really is a great game. It really also has a bad tutorial and an unforgiving learning curve. So if you are playing it and get lost or need some tips throw up an @ and I'll come mechsplain things.

I tried the game.

I ended up being leader of a merc outfit.

I bought.

I honestly had no idea that it was that way, I just knew it was turn-based made by HBS. Kinda makes me want to play MechWarrior, but sadly I ended up not liking the way the whole money thing was with them...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Wait @Drovek, do you mean paying salaries and earning money from merc jobs? As long as you don't go hog wild in stores and constant mech overhauls, you pretty quickly reach having a multi-month cushion that takes the pressure off.

Check the difficulty settings too. I'm pretty sure you can move some sliders and reemphasize cash (although maybe in career mode only? Can't remember.)

Also the story missions in the campaign have huge, seven figure payouts. So hitting one of those is a good way to secure one's finances.

EDIT: Wait did you dislike HBS' BATTLETECH finances, or MechWarrior's?

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Wait @Drovek, do you mean paying salaries and earning money from merc jobs? As long as you don't go hog wild in stores and constant mech overhauls, you pretty quickly reach having a multi-month cushion that takes the pressure off.

Check the difficulty settings too. I'm pretty sure you can move some sliders and reemphasize cash (although maybe in career mode only? Can't remember.)

Also the story missions in the campaign have huge, seven figure payouts. So hitting one of those is a good way to secure one's finances.

MechWarrior Online's :P

BattleTech's actually awesome, and I'm loving it. Just had my first "Story" mission and it was one heck of a brawl. Needed like 2 months just to get the mechs up and running again.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Drovek wrote: »

MechWarrior Online's :P

BattleTech's actually awesome, and I'm loving it. Just had my first "Story" mission and it was one heck of a brawl. Needed like 2 months just to get the mechs up and running again.

Battletech gives you the best part of Mechwarrior Online anyway, their mech designs/models. Seriously, the art team for MWO did some god damn miracles with the source material they were given.

See: The Kintaro.

191px-lz586kd9dpya2k3xx5yoe21s6oswib0.jpg
    ZDl8wwa.png?1

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Plus the chance for MechWarrior 5 to one day exist.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Robot strut

osc_ride_control_shocks_and_struts_hero.jpg

Robot strut
    191px-lz586kd9dpya2k3xx5yoe21s6oswib0.jpg

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    That robot has way too much swagger.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    That robot has way too much swagger.

bk8oltwz454m.gif

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Happy birthday @CorriganX !

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    And a Sunless Skies captain makes it to retirement and fulfills his ambition to live in wealth and luxury. That took a little longer than I expected after a setback involving discovering the captain was kind of crap at smuggling and getting fined but the extra time was put to use setting up things for future captains. He had high Irons and good Mirrors so he was really good at punching things and observing things before punching them. This also let him use some cargo hold boosts his successor may not get to use.

His successor starts out at level 14 due to all the accumulated experience of his lineage and is focusing primarily on Hearts to be able to convince his crew that it's totally safe to use a heavy weapon powered by an undying tumor harvested from a giant alien sea urchin that harvested souls that's been wrapped in metal so it can hurl large rocks inscribed with the language that the stars speak to dictate reality. Completely reasonable!

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Year of the Boar off to a bad start. Can't kill a fucking giant boar in AssOdd that's a few levels above me.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Year of the Boar off to a bad start. Can't kill a fucking giant boar in AssOdd that's a few levels above me.

That sounds like a great start to the year for the boar.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "Some days you get the bear boar..."

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Even your teammates.

It pops after a set period of time, but yes.

I had some screenshots of me doing this to @Viking but I can't seem to find them.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Made it to the fourth chamber of Enter The Gungeon for the first time. Normally takes a few tries to be able to progress but managed to beat the boss the first try.

The gun that shoots planets may have helped a bit.

Now onto the 5th chamber for the first time O_O

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Thank you so so much to everyone for the birthday wishes and amazingly generous gifts. I love you all. <3

@Big Classy for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Megaman 11.
    @Viking for Yakuza Kiwami
    @Destroyah87 for The Textorcist
    @Karoz for the DLC Character Draco for 20xx
    @Mugsley for the DLC character Hawk for 20xx
    @Malakaius for Egg-K-47 (Which is the BEST named game ever)
    @mildlymorbid for a 60 day timecard for FFXIV.
    @Berylline for 3 brand new Hidden object games to go through :D (and also for RE2 during the winter sale which counted as both a christmas and birthday present and was amazing)

You're all super amazingly awesome. However, no one please feel like you should gift me stuff, all I ever want for my birthday is just a message from people saying Happy Birthday. <3<3 I love you all.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    I've been on the fence about buying Battletech so the free to play weekend was a perfect opportunity to give it a test run. I installed it and got it running about 15 minutes before the free play ended. An hour later I was still playing.

I'm hooked! Two thumbs up!

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    I've been on the fence about buying Battletech so the free to play weekend was a perfect opportunity to give it a test run. I installed it and got it running about 15 minutes before the free play ended. An hour later I was still playing.

I was totally the opposite and no idea why. The lore didn't grab me at all, the combat seemed super slow and tedious, I was really glad to have the chance to try it because I'd come close to buying it a lot but I really didn't enjoy the couple missions I played.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Poketpixie wrote: »

I was totally the opposite and no idea why. The lore didn't grab me at all, the combat seemed super slow and tedious, I was really glad to have the chance to try it because I'd come close to buying it a lot but I really didn't enjoy the couple missions I played.

It may not be your cup of tea. That said, the default settings are a bit ponderous. You can tweak down movement and firing cinematics and make movement faster, which speeds up the tactical missions quite a bit. Pretty much everything is on a slider. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Everyone has their preferences. But about the speed of the combat, it’s a game about robots that weight upwards of 100 tonnes, in a setting where the creators had a hardon for the hard sci fi side of it. The ponderousness is the point.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Devotion is god damned horrifying

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Devotion is god damned horrifying

Indeed. I loved it. Myself and 4 friends played it on the couch.

I recommend it. ~3 hour playtime.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Is China the new Russia, or is Russia the new China?

• Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Happy birthday @CorriganX !

Happy Corrigan's birthday

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Is China the new Russia, or is Russia the new China?

yes

This discussion has been closed.