As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Elezen
    Subligar 4 lyfe

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hyur
    The apostrophe in the title is fucking me up.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    ...FUCK

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    NO PUT IT BACK, it was avant garde :(

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    put it back but in a different spot

Larlar
    S'hadowbringers, the sun miqo'te

BahamutZERO.gif
    Larlar
    I'm enjoying this enough at 50 that I bought in on the expansions and such. I guess they got me.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Same I bought Stormblood today and finished off my lvl50 quests for SCH/SMN and beat up Garuda. Nice that they gave me a bunch of ilvl 90 gear right away.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Same I bought Stormblood today and finished off my lvl50 quests for SCH/SMN and beat up Garuda. Nice that they gave me a bunch of ilvl 90 gear right away.

It'll give you better gear as you move through the level 50 quests to get you up to par for the Heavensward stuff, and again at 60 for Stormblood. Only helps your main job really, but later jobs it's easy to buy stuff for.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Hyur
    i bought 14 last year and only played for like a month and didn't have the expansions but then when i resubbed like a month ago i had them so i'm not sure how that happened

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Larlar
    After dropping midway through Heavensward I have returned! And I’m hooked again... dammit.

Roegadyn
    I thought maybe I'd give Eureka a real try now that I got MCH to 70 but... holy shit I have no idea how to even start.

Is their really nothing to do but join a party and run around grinding? Is it supposed to be this slow? Who has time to do this?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I'm about to hit 50 on my Bardboy, dunno what I'm gonna do. I'm thinking I'm probably gonna drop this until closer to Shadowbringers, then buy it so I can start playing all the expansions. I'm not buying Stormblood now and then spending a 2nd $40 on Shadowbringers lol

Larlar
    the magitek armor having the FF6 opening theme as its mount music is a nice touch

BahamutZERO.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    I wish more non-boss mounts had their own music. I quite like the Maggie one.

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Roegadyn
    lots of the cash shop mounts do, moogle stuff plays moggle mog

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    turtleant wrote: »
    I thought maybe I'd give Eureka a real try now that I got MCH to 70 but... holy shit I have no idea how to even start.

Is their really nothing to do but join a party and run around grinding? Is it supposed to be this slow? Who has time to do this?

that's eureka baby!!!!

liEt3nH.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur

that's eureka baby!!!!

Relics, in general.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Gimme a 13-2 Chocobo with theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Au Ra
    Polaritie wrote: »

that's eureka baby!!!!

Relics, in general.

At this point I'm doing it for the ozma mount don't care about the relic much

Roegadyn
    the idea of a weapon you can grind for instead of raid for appeals to me, but the need to party up with randos, the lack of party level sync, and the possibility of losing progress by dying all made me nope out on eureka

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    the idea of a weapon you can grind for instead of raid for appeals to me, but the need to party up with randos, the lack of party level sync, and the possibility of losing progress by dying all made me nope out on eureka

could just raid. way faster way to get a weapon.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Gimme a 13-2 Chocobo with theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4

One of the quests to unlock chocobo racing is "So You Think You Can Ride This Chocobo".

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Roegadyn
    Tcheldor wrote: »

if I were willing to do anything remotely difficult I wouldn't be noping out of eureka

Roegadyn

if I were willing to do anything remotely difficult I wouldn't be noping out of eureka

TDOT do raids with me you can dps and no one will care if you die.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Hyur

TDOT do raids with me you can dps and no one will care if you die.

yeah man, I die like, all the time

dps is basically fodder

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    Roegadyn
    Unless you're playing SMN in which case oh god don't die your rotation is like 2 minutes long.

Seriously hope they address that in the next xpac.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Elezen
    I keep saying I want to level up a DPS job and now I'm thinking about how cool gunblades are

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Unless you're playing SMN in which case oh god don't die your rotation is like 2 minutes long.

What if they folded DWT and Summon Bahamut together? Wait no, that would halve the power of Bahamut, because you wouldn’t be able to weave in Fester for extra warm waves.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    I suspect they're going to do very little to SMN and just leave it as the dps class you go to if you want the Big Rotation

liEt3nH.png
    Roegadyn
    Enlong wrote: »

What if they folded DWT and Summon Bahamut together? Wait no, that would halve the power of Bahamut, because you wouldn’t be able to weave in Fester for extra warm waves.

If you didn't lose dreadwyrm aether on death that would mostly fix it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Never expected to ever sit through a credits scroll in an MMO but here we are lol

The last two parts of the MSQ are dope, it's just mind-boggling how dull the other 40+ hours of it was. Like, the last fights with
    Ultima Weapon and Gaius
    are fun and I loved all the cutscenes, hopefully the rest of the game is more like those.

edited February 2019
    Roegadyn
    There's some slow chunks in the ARR patch content but it never gets as bad as the Company of Heros or Garuda's Big Dumb Crystal Hunt again.

The main problem is that the 2.1-2.55 stuff is a lot to get through to get to Heavensward in one go. Would have been way less intimidating back when you had 3ish month breaks between chunks of it.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Never expected to ever sit through a credits scroll in an MMO but here we are lol

The last two parts of the MSQ are dope, it's just mind-boggling how dull the other 40+ hours of it was. Like, the last fights with
    Ultima Weapon and Gaius
    are fun and I loved all the cutscenes, hopefully the rest of the game is more like those.

You say that now, do the MSQ Roulette a few times and you come to really hate golden frieza and his endless series of elevators.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    I was a Summoner main until Stormblood, and then abandoned it for Red Mage because of how much I hate Summoner's new rotation. Mostly because it felt waaaaaay too punishing if you died just before getting Bahamut.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Lars wrote: »
    I was a Summoner main until Stormblood, and then abandoned it for Red Mage because of how much I hate Summoner's new rotation. Mostly because it felt waaaaaay too punishing if you died just before getting Bahamut.

Same except I mostly had a great rhythm with how they worked in HW, then it changed a bunch and my muscle memory got fucked by changes like "Oh you can't stack aetherflow until after your DT is used and done" and Bahamut's timing didn't click with me so I threw up my hands and joined the RDM army.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

Eureka is time consuming and boring. raiding is fun and interesting!

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »

Same except I mostly had a great rhythm with how they worked in HW, then it changed a bunch and my muscle memory got fucked by changes like "Oh you can't stack aetherflow until after your DT is used and done" and Bahamut's timing didn't click with me so I threw up my hands and joined the RDM army.

I also just remembered that I could no longer even use Summoner to solo stuff I had no business soloing because Titan-Egi's threat (and my ability to heal him) got nerfed into the ground, and if I needed Titan-Egi to tank something that meant that I couldn't use Bahamut at all which cost me a bunch of killing power. Meanwhile, Red Mage was just sitting their with it's instant-cast Int-based heals. I haven't really looked back since.

This discussion has been closed.