As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dogs and Cats living together in the [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Youtube why the heck are you recommending dog agility videos to me?
    So I started using chrome and youtube definitely uses your browsing history to recommend videos to you.

I also think they put some spyware on my computer for the same reason. They definitely know when I've watched certain movies from my dvd drive and played certain games without ever searching for these things on youtube itself.

I have never searched for anything related to dog agility. And I don't have any films about dog agility nor do I play Dog Agility Simulator 1 or 2.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    There are several dog agility videos imbedded in this thread.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Youtube why the heck are you recommending dog agility videos to me?
    So I started using chrome and youtube definitely uses your browsing history to recommend videos to you.

I also think they put some spyware on my computer for the same reason. They definitely know when I've watched certain movies from my dvd drive and played certain games without ever searching for these things on youtube itself.

I have never searched for anything related to dog agility. And I don't have any films about dog agility nor do I play Dog Agility Simulator 1 or 2.

Now I'm sad there's not a Dog Agility 1 and 2 to play

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    My dude, can you chill with the splashes? -Puppy, probably.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    There are several dog agility videos imbedded in this thread.

Ok? I never come in this thread.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    it's recommending them to you because they're trending

• Options
    SalJDcd.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I didn't think I needed that, but, turns out I was wrong.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    it's recommending them to you because they're trending

It's basically this. Youtube shows you what they want to promote over what you might actually want to see

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
  • Options
    When youve had a hard day and just want to relax in your favorite chair:

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Avenge me.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Apologies if this has been posted before, but I stumbled across this article about a coyote that found a dog toy, and thought you all might enjoy the pictures:
    0m0s7vr7x9uh.jpg
    nwzkayp7qynx.jpg
    h9s6c5zbb129.jpg
    jbf2l7xbv6uu.jpg
    wi91iu6vtu0d.jpg
    8xwl8o9bxodx.jpg
    1mm3qo2mz1zh.jpg
    br8d0ngpshh7.jpg
    fywyhsnughpj.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    dogs: always a dog, even if they're weird or scary.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    I enjoyed this article from the BBC:

Estonians rescue wild wolf from ice thinking it was a dog

_105747868_53036299_2561681973859352_9205067891261571072_o.jpg
    The "dog" was treated by vets at an animal clinic
    _105747870_52582602_2561681893859360_1781137553424908288_n.jpg
    The wolf was covered in ice when pulled from the near-frozen water
    _105747872_52590387_2561681890526027_4701811917109329920_n.jpg
    "He was calm, slept on my legs," Mr Kartsepp said of the journey to the vet's office
    BBC wrote:
    Kind-hearted Estonian workers rushed to rescue a dog in distress from a freezing river on Wednesday - unaware of the fact they were actually about to bundle a wild wolf into their car.

The men were working on the Sindi dam on the Parnu river when they spotted the animal trapped in the icy water.

After clearing a path through the ice, they took the frozen canine to a clinic for medical care.

Only then was it revealed they had been carrying a wolf.

The Estonian Union for the Protection of Animals (EUPA) said the wolf had low blood pressure when it arrived at the veterinarian's office, which may have explained its docile nature after the men carried it to their car to warm it up.

Speaking to the Estonian newspaper Postimees, one of the men, Rando Kartsepp, said: "We had to carry him over the slope. He weighed a fair bit."

"He was calm, slept on my legs. When I wanted to stretch them, he raised his head for a moment," he added.

Veterinarians had some suspicions over the large dog's true nature, but it was a local hunter, familiar with the region's wolves, who finally confirmed it for what it was: a young male wolf, about a year old.

Armed with this new information, clinic staff decided to put the wolf in a cage after treatment - in case it became less docile once it recovered.

The EUPA said it paid for the animal's treatment, and that "luckily, everything turned out well".

The wolf recovered from its brush with death within the day and, after being fitted with a GPS collar by researchers from the national environmental agency, was released back into the wild.

"We are so happy for the outcome of the story, and wish to thank all the participants – especially these men who rescued the wolf and the doctors of the clinic who were not afraid to treat and nurture the wild animal," EUPA said.

Estonia is home to hundreds of wolves, only a handful of which have been collared in recent years. As a species, they usually avoid humans.

It was picked as Estonia's national animal last year by a group of nature organisations.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Leopold, I have to work. Seriously, I was gone for like ten minutes.

w5d6pqwfpnc8.jpg

*sigh* I guess I'll buy a new chair. Again.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    All the chairs are his chairs.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Whichever chair is warm because you've been sitting in it will become his chair. Especially if you leave a blanket on it.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    At least he's not sitting on the laptop.

That's where my cat likes to go, I think largely due to the warmth.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    If I fits, I sits

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    i can't explain why, but there is no better name for that cat than Leopold

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Leopold, I have to work. Seriously, I was gone for like ten minutes.

*snip*

*sigh* I guess I'll buy a new chair. Again.

That cat has a very fitting name. Have you heard their pretty great theme song?

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options

• Options
    That is either a very small child or a very large bunny.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    PqU1B5T.gif

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    i can't explain why, but there is no better name for that cat than Leopold

There is actually a very good reason he is named Leopold, but to tell that story I have to start with my previous cat, Guinness. Guinness and I were buddies. He was the biggest, fuzziest, dumbest animal I had ever seen. He also came when he was called, something I have never managed with another cat. Sorry, no good pictures, this is best I could come up with:
    g88r89y2j4ic.jpg

Guinness' kidneys failed and he died about a week after developing symptoms. I was pretty sure I would never have a cat again. It felt like bringing a new cat home would be an act of betrayal. Years passed and, out of nowhere, I just needed a cat again. My wife and I checked out the humane societie's web site, found a few cats to investigate, and off we went. Leopold was not one these cats.

The candidates were all hiding. As I moved from room to room I heard another couple stop, gasp, and say 'look at that one.' This happened several times with different people, and every time it was an expression of amazement. I had to see.

There he was, holding court from a locked room. He came home within the hour.

That night I retreated to my basement and this happened:

1zgb4luae00a.jpg

and I knew I had done the right thing.

The name? Well...

https://youtu.be/gt1V61SPI_w

chamberlain on
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

a legendary big chungus

• Options

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Hnnnggghhh I want to snuggle all of themmmm

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I need to find a way to attach that gif to my resume under "Previous job duties."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    This has probably been posted here before but...foxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmxf79w2NU0

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Your dog looks kind of odd, what breed is it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6QHzIJO5a8

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.