As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Bring on Shinjuku, I need the big angry dog

If the Fancy Old Guy wants to come to Chaldea too that would also be nice

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    So, are we basically done with reruns of events now? My Second Archive is full, and I'm considering just combining all the random CEs even if they don't get all four stars.

uyvfOQy.png
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Here's a rough list of events for the rest of the year, with reruns bolded:
    Shinjuku
    GUDAGUDA Honnouji Rerun
    GUDAGUDA Meiji Isshin
    CCC
    Rashomon Rerun
    Onigashima Rerun

Agartha
    Summer Rerun
    Learn with Manga
    Summer 2019
    Halloween Rerun
    Shimosa
    Halloween 2019
    Christmas Rerun
    Salem
    Christmas 2019
    Part 2 Prologue

So there's a bit more original content now, and I suppose the rerun events are the ones with welfare servants (and also the Ibaraki raid).

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Looking forward to CCC and BB.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Looking forward to the Bride interlude to buff her NP.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Looking forward to the Bride interlude to buff her NP.

Not to mention her animations. She gets an extra hit on every card! More NP and Star Gen!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Finally sitting down with these challenge quests

Gil just killed Altera in one hit

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I took Jalter into the Singularity F challenge quest because I'd beaten the others with her and I was going to finish the streak. Got her down to 500K on the final break bar before she finished me off, so I popped those 3 CS and blew her up one last time.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Friggin Gawain.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Skeith wrote: »
    Friggin Gawain.

Did he charge, charge, noble phantasm you too?

edited February 2019
    Skeith wrote: »
    Friggin Gawain.

Did he charge, charge, noble phantasm you too?

Nah, I just can't seem to get him below 50k, and I'd really rather not burn seals.

edit- cheesing with Jeanne did the trick, Herc survived with 1HP and one more charge of guts.

addendum- Tiamat went much better, only needed 7 turns and none of my team went down. The stun from the plugsuit, Shishou and Enkidu (both level 2 NPs) kept her locked down from turn 4 on.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Had to triple res seal for Salter grumble, took 27 turns with an Arts team.

Got screwed with Defender timing as it let her just get straight into an NP that blew up my supports.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Did a few pulls on the Babylonia banner because I still want NP2 Enkidu

I'll have to settle for NP2 CasGil

Did one each on Camelot and Bablyonia. Only NP2 Bedi and 4* CEs.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I've only been logging in to organize and deposit all these CEs. I guess I should pick a 1-3 star Servant to max level, since my inventory and archive are both full of gold exp cards. And I've got 100 more in the mail.

uyvfOQy.png
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    just checking in

i wasn't gonna roll on valentines but i cracked because MHXA was too cute and i'm a sucker for spats

2 whale packs and i've got NP2 MHXA

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Shinjuku drops in 4 hours

Get them evil servants ready, they get double Bond from the story quests there

Shinjuku is now live and we got a bunch of goodies.

Did a couple singles because new banner why not, and Assassin of Shinjuku pops out. He is easily the coolest person on this banner so I'm pretty happy.

Had 210 quartz and the event tickets to throw at Shinjuku pulls, and ended up with two Avengers and one Assassin of Shinjuku. I should be able to get through the singularity quick enough to have one more thirty pull, so I'll have one more crack at that Archer... after that I'm saving for Gozen.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Emyia Alter's skin is lighter than normal Emiya's.
    His huge ass ridiculous lips are unchanged.
    He's refered to as looking like a 'dealer' in the story.

I am more confused and mistified at their choice of what to change more than anything. I would have thought they would have edited the lips? Not sure what they were going for here. It's like they 'fixed' the part of his design that wasn't the problem but left all the actual problems.

Again, not upset, just confused.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I've already got all the servants on this banner on my other account, but... Shinjuku is going to make it very difficult to resist rolling for Archer. He's just so great.

Cherish his NP lines before you learn his true name, because it'll never be the same afterward (until a future update adds the ability to "reset" the Epic of Remnant servants so that they use all of their initial lines).

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I wanna summon but I need to build the summer fund

Currently at 126, will be at 165 or so shortly

Come home Angry Swimsuit Guitar Unifier of Japan

Parvati and Nero Caster Please.

Most of the soundtracks in My Room cost pieces and monuments to unlock, so that's nice

It also gives an actual use for those excess pieces and monuments, which is nice. I literally just got done with final ascending every single Servant I own today, so they're not exactly doing much else for me right now.

It's also really obvious when they started putting money into the Singularities when you look at it this way. Fuyuki to Okeanos literally just have a unique map theme, London gets the Solomon fight track but nothing beyond that, and then suddenly you have E Pluribus Unum with five tracks, Camelot with nine, Babylonia with eight, Solomon with 16 (one for each pillar, WTF, I didn't even realize that)...

Also, of course, GUDAGUDA Honnoji's one track went on to be basically the default event battle theme, I think?

The Pillar themes also play when you fight them in the individual singularities. I guess they put them all under Solomon for convince.

On the new story, I kinda wish I didn't know who these servants were yet and had to guess and figure it out, just like when I read the VN for the first time. NA Clavoriance has some downsides. At least I've kept myself mostly unspoiled on actual story scenes.

Archer is pretty Dandy. Raita knows how to make unique designs.

This singularity is making me annoyed Salter isn't in my collection, and she's right after Nero in the summer event...

And she gets a rate up in a week or so on Shinjuku 2!

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I had enough quartz saved up for a 10 roll and I figured why not, let's add some cool stuff to my roster.

Nothing. Boo!

Well, I've got 5 tickets to spare, why not?

Freelancer. Yeah, I'll keep going.
    Assassin of Shinjuku! Okay, keep pulling while I'm hot!
    Archer of Shinjuku! Nowhere to go but up!
    Kiyohime. You know what? I'm going to save that last ticket for later.

And with a second archive stuffed full of archer embers, I've already got him leveled up to 70, Just need to grind the daily quest today for more assassin XP cards, and we'll see how high he can go too.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    i really like the design of Archer of Shinjuku, but considering that he is apparently pretty weak in comparison to other SSR Archers, and the fact that Im saving for GUDAGUDA banner (where I hope to get Okita and EMIYA, not to mention welfare Nobu), sadly I have to stop myself from rolling anything here. That said, I would be pretty happy if I will somehow get him during future GSSR banners.

At the time GUDAGUDA starts, I should have at least 240 SQ and 28 tickets, which apparently means I have maybe 65 % of rolling SSR. If XCOM taught me anything, those are not good odds...

Asthariel wrote: »
    i really like the design of Archer of Shinjuku, but considering that he is apparently pretty weak in comparison to other SSR Archers, and the fact that Im saving for GUDAGUDA banner (where I hope to get Okita and EMIYA, not to mention welfare Nobu), sadly I have to stop myself from rolling anything here. That said, I would be pretty happy if I will somehow get him during future GSSR banners.

At the time GUDAGUDA starts, I should have at least 240 SQ and 28 tickets, which apparently means I have maybe 65 % of rolling SSR. If XCOM taught me anything, those are not good odds...

66%, actually (Unless SSR servant isn't 1% anymore). Your expected value is a hair over 1 though, at least.

With the bonus bond points for evil servants, I got Angra to Bond 10. All ready for his interlude.

Now I can remove him from my teams. I've taken him to every battle except for challenge quests for months.

To be fair, he gives 4* quartz (2/level) while also having 2* cost. That's a hard deal to beat.

It would be nice if he was actually useful for anything else, but I get why he isn't.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Shinjuku is absolutely living up to hype and my memory. I just love these idiots so, so much.

Also, shoutouts to Gramps, instakilling Rider of Shinjuku. With a regular attack.

Shinjuku Chapter 5
    Jalter continues to be a huge chuuni and I love it.

edited February 2019
    Oh god, this singularity. The disdain drips off the screen. It's delightful.

Edit: Ch. 12 is amazing.

Polaritie on
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Solomon singularity
    What the actual fuck is this Goetia fight? He just wipes half your party in the first turn, takes no damage from NPs, and has 1.5 million hit points. What?

Solomon singularity
    What the actual fuck is this Goetia fight? He just wipes half your party in the first turn, takes no damage from NPs, and has 1.5 million hit points. What?
    You have to survive first turn, (There are assorted strategies to accomplish this like having Guts on everyone or buff seal, NP seal, skill seal etc ) and then wait out his anti-NP buff if you want to damage him with NPs.

Decided to do a single pull. Got a Lobo.

Ch 14. Archuria MVP. Never stop shooting. Waver, borrowed Merlin, Mash in slot 4, only lost Merlin, so I'm happy with how that went.