As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Oh my god, I am the worst. I completely missed thanking @Antoshka for sending me a gift card for enough to buy World of Final Fantasy. To be fair, he sent it on the 23rd because he lives in the future in the Mythical land of NZ. (If New Zealand was a real place it would be on maps.)

And then I was gifted the DLC for Vermintide 2: Back to Ubersreik from the awesome @raiden333

Thank you both for your amazing generosity, and thanks to every single person who sent me a message saying Happy Birthday. <3 You made this old dude's day so amazing.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    The default level scaling in AssOdd is pissing me off.

Hate how every new enemy is at least two levels above me, until I grind else and come back to kill them. Only for the same thing to happen again the next baddy I find.

Read that you can adjust the level scaling to make enemies at least two levels below you, so I'm going to try that.

Also does anyone have tips for using the arrow in the middle of combat? By the time I aim, select the multi arrow ability and switch to fire arrows, I've lost a chuck of my health.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »

Hate how every new enemy is at least two levels above me, until I grind else and come back to kill them. Only for the same thing to happen again the next baddy I find.

Read that you can adjust the level scaling to make enemies at least two levels below you, so I'm going to try that.

Also does anyone have tips for using the arrow in the middle of combat? By the time I aim, select the multi arrow ability and switch to fire arrows, I've lost a chuck of my health.

I thought areas always had level bands pre-set, but that it scaled them up (not down) so that at most, they're 2 levels lower than you. By default.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Yeah, the areas tell you the level band on the world map.

I found when I tried to beeline the story missions this happened. When I went out and took some forts down, did a few side missions and a few jobs off the mercenary board between missions I never got out levelled by enemies.

The game wants you to explore. But also wants you to explore areas that are your level.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Happy belated @CorriganX birthday everyone!

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Is China the new Russia, or is Russia the new China?

yes

In China, Russia is Yu.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Thanks @Spoit for the stealthy goodness!
    afFaHvs

Edit: mobile image posting is failing me today. Anyways. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain get!

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »

I think you can switch arrow types in the inventory menu where everything is paused instead of having to do it in real time.

I'm not 100% sure though as I can't aim bows with a controller worth a damn and prefer to just set everything on fire with melee weapons instead.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Ten inches of snow fell overnight. My city has declared a State of Emergency. Public transit is not running. My work cannot legally operate without one of two people and both of them are snowed in.

I think I am gonna have my first snow day since middle school, this is fucking awesome. I should go through my library and play something thematically appropriate.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Ten inches of snow fell overnight. My city has declared a State of Emergency. Public transit is not running. My work cannot legally operate without one of two people and both of them are snowed in.

I think I am gonna have my first snow day since middle school, this is fucking awesome. I should go through my library and play something thematically appropriate.

More euro truck!

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Frostpunk?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Looking forward to Outward:
    I've been battered unconscious by large birds and angry deer, gouged by hidden spike traps, and pummeled senseless by scruffy bandits. One time I even ran into the wrong castle and was imprisoned in a mining colony beneath it, from which I only escaped by first convincing the guards to let me work in the kitchen, stealing back my precious backpack from the fort's storage room, then leaping into a pit and washing up later on a beach, freezing, confused, wracked with pain, and dying of thirst. I had to build a fire for warmth, chow down on some dried mushrooms, tear my hood into linen scraps to use as bandages, and brew a potion with my alchemy kit to regain my senses.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Never Alone

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-masquerade-bundle

Just a heads up Glass Masquerade + DLC is $1 on Fanatical. It's a neat little puzzle game where all of the pieces are made from stained glass.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/festival-mystery-bundle

They also have a Festival Mystery bundle for you gamblers out there, up to 10 mystery keys for $7.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/strategy-legends-bundle

Strategy bundle consisting of Distant Worlds: Universe, Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy, and Pandora: First Contact for $10. The latter two are okay enough but $10 for Distant Worlds Universe alone is the lowest price I've ever seen it anywhere. However fair warning it's getting review bombed right now because it apparently doesn't work on Win10 without following a lot of stupid arcane user forum bullshit to make it work, and the developer/publisher seem to have no interest in fixing it.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

Frostpunk?

The Long Dark?
    Banner Saga?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Frostpunk?

Steep

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Oh cool one of my supervisors helpfully offered to come get me later.

What a lucky lad I am.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Oh cool one of my supervisors helpfully offered to come get me later.

What a lucky lad I am.

Awwww, man. After we picked all these great games for you too... :(

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    So Job Simulator it is.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

Oh hi fellow willamette valley person. If I had power I would be playing Arkham origins or The Division.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    So it seems that Devotion has now been taken down from sale on Steam completely. I don't think I've ever seen a clearer demonstration of how 'user reviews' are 99% useless bullshit than this whole clusterfuck over one goddamn texture.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So it seems that Devotion has now been taken down from sale on Steam completely. I don't think I've ever seen a clearer demonstration of how 'user reviews' are 99% useless bullshit than this whole clusterfuck over one goddamn texture.

Glad I snatched it up

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

I think the devs are removing it and reposting it. Dumb, I know, but ya know...

jszhcdch24mb.png

• Options
    Yeah fuck 'em, I'm taking a snow day.

Oh hi fellow willamette valley person. If I had power I would be playing Arkham origins or The Division.

How far are you from Eugene? I've got power if you need to eat a hot meal or something.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular

Might be complete bullshit, but the ever growing corporate sentiment of "users do not deserve a voice" is creepy as fuck and besides, I'd think the developers losing their chinese publishers and their chinese social media accounts over that texture had a bigger impact than mass review bombing by chinese nationalists.

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Dac Vin wrote: »

Might be complete bullshit, but the ever growing corporate sentiment of "users do not deserve a voice" is creepy as fuck and besides, I'd think the developers losing their chinese publishers and their chinese social media accounts over that texture had a bigger impact than mass review bombing by chinese nationalists.

Call this fish a cynic but I highly doubt they are separate actions.

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

Frostpunk?

LTTP, but (if a console is available) the first couple of hours of Red Dead Redemption 2?

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Yeah fuck 'em, I'm taking a snow day.

How far are you from Eugene? I've got power if you need to eat a hot meal or something.

That is an incredibly nice offer, thank you. :)

I have family in town though and they have power so worst case scenario we take the cats and take over their spare room. :)

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Users definitely deserve a voice, but the idea of me not being able to buy a game in America because a bunch of people in China got really mad that a single note on a wall in a videogame with what is essentially just a meme about their president and then became hellbent on destroying the company doesn't really sit right with me.

If there was a note on a wall that said Donald Trump on one side and Cheeto on the other I'm sure there would be some initial review bombing from some groups of American Steam users, but after a week or so no one outside of 4chan would remember or care.

edit:
    I have family in town though and they have power so worst case scenario we take the cats and take over their spare room. :)

Right on. I'm glad you have access to a place with power so that I don't have to clean my apartment you can be somewhere warm.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    FNG games 2/28 - 3/3

2/28 TNG 4 pm: Factorio
    3/1 FNG 4 pm: Vermintide 2 (for realsies this time)
    3/2 SaNG 4 pm: The Division
    3/3 SuNG 7 pm: Astroneer

Just gonna have Astroneer in the Sunday slot but welcome other chill games to play coop in before the work week begins again.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Users definitely deserve a voice, but the idea of me not being able to buy a game in America because a bunch of people in China got really mad that a single note on a wall in a videogame with what is essentially just a meme about their president and then became hellbent on destroying the company doesn't really sit right with me.

If there was a note on a wall that said Donald Trump on one side and Cheeto on the other I'm sure there would be some initial review bombing from some groups of American Steam users, but after a week or so no one outside of 4chan would remember or care.

It looks like the game is coming back, the developer says they're checking it first.

From what I saw, it's apparently not just an anti-Xi meme; the bad guy's name is a homonym for "mainland citizen," which isn't great. The politics here seem more like what you have with Far Cry 5 or Palmer Luckey than a random Trump joke; in China at least, a significant number of people aren't ever going to let it go.

• Options
    Orogogus wrote: »
    From what I saw, it's apparently not just an anti-Xi meme; the bad guy's name is a homonym for "mainland citizen," which isn't great. The politics here seem more like what you have with Far Cry 5 or Palmer Luckey than a random Trump joke; in China at least, a significant number of people aren't ever going to let it go.

Fair enough. I know borderline dick about China outside of some stuff that's going on between it and Hollywood, so I'm more than willing to accept the idea that I am missing something more culturally significant. It still chaps my ass a little bit though.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    It's not super surprising that a Taiwanese developer telling stories against the backdrop of Taiwan's history would have a let's say low opinion of mainland China and its politics.
    But it also seems like China makes up a large part of their user base and don't take kindly to sass from "Chinese Taipei".
    I will also at this point say I don't know enough to really gauge the situation properly. I don't know if the backlash represents the majority of their chinese customer base or a vocal subset etc.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It doesn't have to. All media and internet companies in China report to the government, and they tend to look poorly on little things like this that defame China and its people. Once they put the kibosh on it, you literally can't sell the game in China or even talk about it because they'll blacklist it and one of your biggest markets is shut just because someone wanted to make a funny. They'll have to get government approval to sell it there, and they just pulled everything down because they don't want to risk getting rejected again.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The Chinese government clamps down on dissenters with a speed and force of a government with something to hide,

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    @SmokeStacks:
    My five-minute bike commute/10 minute walk turned into a 30 minute slog this morning. I was one of three people who made it into our office, and that's with me living right down the street.
    On the upside, it was definitely a quiet day to get lots of work done. And coming home wasn't so bad, with the streets cleared a little.
    Gonna be real fun tomorrow after it refreezes tonight, though!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Orogogus wrote: »

Fair enough. I know borderline dick about China outside of some stuff that's going on between it and Hollywood, so I'm more than willing to accept the idea that I am missing something more culturally significant. It still chaps my ass a little bit though.

Compressing a lot.
    After the chinese civil war post ww2, communists took mainland while republicans fled to taiwan.

Calling it an independent country in the wrong environment will get you jumped and then arrested.

Thinking about soul reaver.

While a 3d zelda.

Also kinda a openworld megaman.

Any such thing as a 3d open world megaman game?

Ozar mishradam is downloaded to my phone

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

Any such thing as a 3d open world megaman game?

Megaman Legends?

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
This discussion has been closed.