As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    And my worry is again this time out end game is once again the DZ with a raid "sometime later" and again based on incursions I don't have a lot of hope for a raid if the same level of "oh come the fuck on" is put into that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    It's not end game enough! LET THEM CUT THE ROPES.

Really hope they learned from that.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    The raids were pretty weak I found. Real world settings don't much lend themselves to raids.

• RhahRhah Registered User regular
    I got 4 v 1'ed last night while just trying to wander DZ as a carebear. So, of course, I go searching the echo chamber internet for people sad like me.
    One of the defenders of the style of gameplay literally defended the thrill of hunting real people (whether they want to fight or not) like the "Most Dangerous Game"-style.

Forever, games have tried to figure out how to lure the sheep out so that the wolves can PvP them to their hearts content, but the draw for the PvE'ers is so great they keep coming back. That is fine I guess, I just wish there was more of a penalty or way harder for these murderin' jerks to drop their Manhunt flags. Like somehow Ultima Online decades ago, had a better system for dealing with "killers" and games can't figure it out now how to reward the real people who want to PK others vs griefers who want to get their rocks off ... the bad side has to be bad enough to deter the griefers at the same time as the reward for the "nice guys" is good enough to keep people trying to be the defenders.

I also think calling it PvP as a style of gameplay has made it more acceptable to the community to grief others, PK used to make it sound more sinister.

I am just rambling, probably incoherently...

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Have they shown any bits of the 8-player raids?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Nothing beyond the tiny snippets in the Endgame trailer on the other page. Given they are (supposedly) a post launch thing I'd expect to see actual showcase material at the end of March

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    See in the first one I went into the DZ as soon as I could. I was sad because it didn't reward regular x and when I came back out the enemies were all super easy.

That combined with the poor ability to play with people of different level than you in the first one killed it for me.

Hopefully this one does better.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    There's patch notes out for the changes from Private to Open beta, a substantial amount of changes

This one stands out though
    FIXED - Fixed an issue with Airburst Grenades sometimes damaging the player on the server before the client grenade reached its destination.
    FIXED - Fixed an issue with Airburst Grenades sometimes damaging the player through cover.

Huge if this means the old grenade stagger bug from Division 1 is fixed

7qmGNt5.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i don't mind pvp as an endgame, but pvp where you can steal other people's pve rewards is crazy.

if i wanna pvp, i want to do that, i don't want the weird hybrid the early dark zone ended up with since after the first week or two it was just whoever had the biggest group murdering everyone and i never got any loot out again.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i don't mind pvp as an endgame, but pvp where you can steal other people's pve rewards is crazy.

if i wanna pvp, i want to do that, i don't want the weird hybrid the early dark zone ended up with since after the first week or two it was just whoever had the biggest group murdering everyone and i never got any loot out again.

I love it. My only complaint about the DZ is dead people can return too quickly.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    From what I understand you don't have to do the DZ loop any more b/c they'll have the Black Tusk and the re-invigorated Light World after you finish the main campaign or hit 30 or whatever the threshold is.

I like shiny things:

h8Z2om6.jpg

76561197966849367.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    DZ was pretty shit, PVP as your endgame is just miserable. In my mind, PVP as endgame to me suggests, "We're all out of ideas, let them kill each other." Played mostly on Xbox and was pretty happy when Underground was the thing, loved just tooling through there with the xbox group.

In this case it was literally the devs going "We want to gank people. Ganking people is fun. How do we make is so that there are people to gank?"

Thankfully they walked that way the hell back over time and it looks like they aren't relapsing with Division 2.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    From what I understand you don't have to do the DZ loop any more b/c they'll have the Black Tusk and the re-invigorated Light World after you finish the main campaign or hit 30 or whatever the threshold is.

I like shiny things:

h8Z2om6.jpg

Backpack trophies are cool. They had them as gun decorations in R6Seige and wondered if they would use them elsewhere.

I like the gun skin too.

• Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Is there a good endgame loot grind loop in this like Underground? I heard that mode wasn't coming back.

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
    There's not much info on actual end game activity beyond "there are raids and also re-tweaked "invaded" versions of the leveling dungeons (similar to the Legendary difficulty but not as punishing if the beta so far is indicative) Nobody knows if Underground is coming back or not. "something like survival" is heavily rumored but beyond not much. There are landmarks in the light zone that reset like the ones in the current DZ do, so there's repeatable stuff built in, but I would expect that there's going to be some kind of random/procedural content added at some point though.

7qmGNt5.png
  • m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Anyone on PC willing to help me knock out a couple of shields? I'm ~1/3 done with the legendary missions, about 10 pts away from hitting 290 gear score, and slowly collecting classified gear but not full sets yet (I've somehow had only 2 classy kneepads drop and both are for Final Measure which seems to be missing a chest or backpack or something). Hoping that having high level people carry me running legendary missions will get me some classified and exotic gear to maybe fill out the set or exotic shield as well. Don't think I'm going to try for all 12 because I'm <50% on the commendation one, and Survival is a real shitshow and I've never beaten the hunters at the evac zone. PM if you can help :D

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    They’ve already said the dynamic living world is meant to provide the end game loop for ongoing gameplay. You will lose territory as Black Tusk or other factions take it and you need to retake it.

Chances are good we will see something line Underground, but Underground was made because the PvE worldmap in the first game wasn’t built for a dynamic faction struggle you had to contend with.

I’d be shocked if we didn’t see a BR style game type as well, given it’s the hot genre right now. The setting is perfect for it.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I didn't see any of the factions even _trying_ to recapture control points in the private beta. I did see those points' requirements for food/water/stuff moving around a bit, but that was it. Maybe that functionality hasn't been enabled yet? I was actually kind of hoping that there would be a kind of faction-based push/pull on the live map. I mean there is already a lot of NPC interaction on the faction boundaries where the different factions will fight with each other. It seems like if the player were a lesser faction - I mean, we're all just 1 to 4 players in a big map after all - that would allow for a lot of interesting emergent gameplay. If the rewards and difficulty for holding those points scaled as the player leveled up, it might provide some incentive to hold on to the lower level areas.

26904.png
    My guess is it kicks in at the endgame. All we saw of the endgame was one enclosed Invaded mission.

edited February 2019
    Open beta confirmed to have a third mission and the Chem Launcher skill with 2 mods, one sounds like the adhesive foam. Can’t wait to try the Chem Launcher.

We have patch notes too. Some of the stuff raised in here during the private beta are being addressed.
    New Additions

Opened Viewpoint Museum mission.
    Capital Ruins now available in Skirmish.
    Chem Launcher skill now available.
    Raised the Level Cap from 7 to 8.
    Character progression in the Private Beta is not carried over to the Open Beta.

Balance Changes
    Weapons

The drop rate of signature weapon ammo have been increased.
    Adjusted weapon mods to make sure drawbacks are generally lower than the positive bonuses.
    Recoil and accuracy statistics tweaked on several weapons.
    The RPM of semi-automatic weapons have been reduced overall.
    Fixed Lucky shot talent to make sure it doesn’t proc on every pellet of a shotgun.
    Fixed Extra talent to give percentage based ammo increase instead of a fixed number.
    Made several adjustments to the power level and handling of Specialization weapons.

Enemy Health and Armor

Decreased Jefferson Trade Center boss’ armor and damage.
    Decreased enemy health/armor in co-op while also slightly increasing enemy lethality.
    Decreased Veteran/Elite Rushers’ Armor by half.
    Decreased armor plating “health” of the Grand Washington Hotel boss on Story mode only.
    Decreased health of early game Hyena NPCs.
    Decreased armor plating “health” for the Underground Tank.
    Decreased the lethality and health/armor of enemy NPCs in the world tiers.

Enemy Attacks

Removed the Bleed status effect from RPG explosions.
    Decreased damage of the Black Tusk Rusher’s weapon.
    Enemy NPCs will now hit the player slightly more often when the player uses Cover-to-Cover.
    Decreased accuracy of early game Hyena NPCs.
    Decreased accuracy and duration of early game Hyenas Thrower’s tear gas grenades.
    Increased visibility and fuse of tear gas grenades.
    Improved accuracy of the Outcast Tank’s melee attack so that hitting a backpedaling target is easier.
    Increased the team-wide cooldown for enemy NPC grenades, RC Cars, and Suicide Drones.
    Slightly decreased accuracy of the Hyenas Thrower’s grenade launcher.
    Decreased speed of enemy NPC Airburst grenades slightly.
    Increased wind-up time for enemy NPC grenade launchers.
    Greatly decreased the Elite version of the Hyenas Rusher’s stun baton Shock status effect and added a cooldown on when it could be applied again.

Enemy Behavior

Despite the meme potential (sorry, Reddit), Rushers do not curse as much while rushing the player anymore.
    NPCs will now stop reacting to a Seeker Mine if it is retargeted.
    Decreased the maximum distance enemy NPC Medics will travel to revive their allies.
    Removed erroneous light flare from the True Sons’ Turret.
    Enemy NPC flying drones will now explode mid-air when their owner dies.
    Black Tusk Mini Tanks will no longer erroneously climb ladders, use drop-downs, do leap overs, and other types of special navigation.
    Veteran, Elite, and Named NPCs are now easier to stagger.
    Increased the mobility of the Big Dog during combat slightly. Good dog.
    Enemy NPCs interacting with an object will now be easier to interrupt.
    Decreased movement speed of the Elite version of the Hyenas’ RC Car.
    NPCs will now switch targets a bit more frequently and naturally during combat in co-op situations.
    Elite NPCs will no longer stagger when afflicted with the Disrupt status effect.
    Increased size of Black Tusk Suicide Drone hitbox.
    Decreased speed of Elite Suicide Drone.
    Increased wind-up time for NPCs using a Mounted Weapon and added more signaling to their use.
    Decreased likelihood of early game Hyena NPCs from flanking the player.
    Decreased the Black Tusk War Hound’s self-destruct wind-up time slightly.
    Enemy NPCs are now able to hear nearby bullet impacts.
    Decreased the range at which enemy NPCs hear player gunfire.
    Enemy NPC Throwers and Controllers now attempt to avoid targeting the same player in co-op situations.
    Improved appearance of NPCs using LMGs if they briefly lose line of sight to the player.
    NPCs reaction radiuses now correctly match those of grenades thrown by player.
    Fixed some inconsistences with NPCs reacting to player grenades and skills.
    Black Tusk Revive Drones now correctly shock those around them when their weak point is destroyed.

Combat

Decreased time required to automatically “mark” a target.
    Decreased time required to transition out of the combat state for the player.
    Reduced cooldown on combat roll to 0.5 seconds.

Skills

Decreased Airburst Grenade and Incendiary Airburst Grenade damage.
    Improved player skill drones’ follow behavior when player is vertically navigating.
    Sniper Turret now does extra damage with headshots.
    Sniper Turret aim improvements to more closely match input.
    Assault Turret aiming improvements to be more snappy and accurate.
    Improved path finding of Seeker Mines so they prefer a more direct path to their target if available.
    Increased movement speed of Airburst Seeker Mine and also reduced enemy NPC detection of the skill.

Mission

Greatly reduced difficulty of Grand Washington Hotel mission on replay.
    Improved the combat behavior for Agent Kelso.

Crafting

Adjusted material acquisition and blueprint costs for Crafting.

Bug Fixes and Improvements
    Technical

FIXED – Fixed an issue where having V-sync off would cap the framerate to 60.
    FIXED – Fixed a bug where changing display mode from Windowed to Full screen would give a DELTA-03 error message.
    FIXED – Fixed a bug where the player would get a DELTA error message if rapidly navigating through the skill menu at the Quartermaster right after logging in to the Base of Operation or fast traveling there.
    FIXED – Fixed a bug where the game would temporarily freeze before disconnecting the player with a DELTA error message.
    FIXED – Fixed a crash that would happen when a bird plays a damage animation near a player.
    IMPROVED – Further optimizations to the Living World simulation system.

Gameplay

FIXED – Fixed an issue with Airburst Grenades sometimes damaging the player on the server before the client grenade reached its destination.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue with Airburst Grenades sometimes damaging the player through cover.
    FIXED – Supply Drops can no longer be looted indefinitely.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where On Call status did not persist across sessions.
    FIXED – You no longer need to tap Examine twice in order to examine loot drops.
    FIXED – Players will no longer get stuck in Odessa’s room if they join a session with a player who is watching a cut scene with Odessa.
    FIXED – Fixed a bug where the Revive button would reset indefinitely when two players tried to revive someone at the same time.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where a player reviving a plot-important NPC would get stuck in the revive animation.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where a character would shoot with an invisible weapon right after being pushed off a mounted weapon.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where sliding down a long ladder could teleport the player back to the top.
    IMPROVED – Updated Call for Backup notifications to trigger less frequently (no more than once every 15 minutes).
    IMPROVED – Added option to turn off On Call status in settings.
    IMPROVED – The animation when turning a mounted weapon has been tuned.
    IMPROVED – A cooldown has been added to Aim Assist, preventing snapping on the same target repeatedly within a short time.

Dark Zone

FIXED – Fixed a bug where a player could repeatedly pick up loot from the same Dark Zone crate.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where a player could hack the same SHD Terminal repeatedly.
    FIXED – Fixed a bug where the Dark Zone intro mission would appear locked if a player who hadn’t recruited a certain NPC yet would play with someone who had.
    FIXED – The Rogue Group Sync timer won’t instantly go to 100% when exiting a Check Point for the second time.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t leave a Rogue party via the “Leave to cancel Rogue status” button.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the Armor Regeneration countdown would begin the moment a player broke Line of Sight with their attackers.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where players couldn’t clear their Manhunt status if they would increase their Manhunt notoriety separately from the last two Manhunt stations.
    FIXED – The Weapon Crates have all been turned the right way.
    IMPROVED – Dark Zones no longer have placeholder descriptions on the map.

Skills

FIXED – Killing wildlife will no longer trigger skills. You monsters.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the player would hear a gunshot when a skill is thrown from outside of their view.
    FIXED – The Chem Launcher no longer displays two cooldowns.
    IMPROVED – Skills with a quick deploy feature can no longer be deployed while aiming down sights with a weapon.

Crafting

FIXED – Fixed an issue where the Crafting Station would return to its initial status when relogging.

Missions

FIXED – Experiencing a crash or disconnect during the first fight in the game will no longer lock you out of the Base of Operation.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the “check on the community members” prompt during the MLK Library mission would not appear after killing all the enemies and opening the door. We love our community and we would never abandon them.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue in Department of Justice where the player would not be able to open the garage if enemy NPCs were killed while outside the mission area.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where Kelso would not enter a certain room and trigger an important voice over.
    FIXED – Fixed various places where the player could be stuck, like behind one of the EMP Jammers.
    FIXED – Fixed certain props in the first story mission that would distort and show artifacts.
    IMPROVED – If playing the Invaded mission, there is now a respawn available in case you die outside the actual mission area.

World

FIXED – Fixed an issue where a player would spawn outside of the Beta playable area if leaving an endgame group outside of the Invaded mission area.
    FIXED – Fixed certain locations where the NPCs would rubber band.
    FIXED – Fixed weird doors.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue in the Empire Autumn Hotel where the GPS tracker would lead the player the wrong way.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the Demolition Site Control Point would not complete after opening the locked door.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where some NPCs would vanish temporarily during the “Defend the Control Point” objective at a Control Point.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the “Coming up on the Theater” voice over would play repeatedly.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck in a wall when climbing down a corner near Alexander Hamilton PI NW.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue with some Base of Operations and Settlement staff missing barks and voice overs.
    IMPROVED – Fixed several places where props would get in the way of the player, like blocking a door.
    IMPROVED – Fixed the texture on several props.
    IMPROVED – Fixed an issue where certain props in the Base of Operations were colliding.
    IMPROVED – Resource nodes now show up on the map when you zoom in on it.

NPC

FIXED – Fixed an issue where a Rusher NPC would remain stuck in a closet during the “Reach the Roof” objective during the Grand Washington Hotel mission.
    FIXED – Fixed various issues with enemy NPC flying drones not displaying the correct effects when the Disrupted status effect was active.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue with Black Tusk Revive drones not facing the correct direction when moving.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue with enemy NPCs not reacting to a non-active target damaging them in co-op.
    FIXED – Fixed a rare issue where NPCs would not target the player correctly in high cover.
    FIXED – Fixed issue with the Black Tusk Rusher’s targeting laser not appearing at certain distances away from the player.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where Named Tank NPCs would sometimes not shoot the player if they were too far away.
    FIXED – Fixed issue where the Black Tusk Controller would sometimes face the wrong direction when repairing his Mini Tank.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue which was causing the Hyenas Sniper’s Laser Dazzler effects from not being visible to the player.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where enemy NPC RPGs would deal double damage if directly hitting the player.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue with the Outcast Flamer’s weak point not displaying properly after being destroyed.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue with enemy NPC Heavy Weapons and Snipers sometimes interrupting combat to react to a recently killed ally.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue with enemy NPC Engineers sometimes not setting up their Turrets quickly enough.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where enemy NPC Throwers would not receive a proper grenade cooldown in certain situations.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue that sometimes caused an interrupted enemy NPC Thrower to drop multiple grenades.
    FIXED – Fixed issue with Tanks’ Destructible Armor not scaling properly with the number of players in co-op.
    FIXED – Fixed various issues where NPCs would become invisible. We found them!
    FIXED – The player will no longer get attacked by NPCs spawned from outside the Beta area at the start of the Beta.
    FIXED – A voice over pointing the player towards a side mission not available in the Private or Open Beta have been removed.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where Enemy NPCs would not attack a player standing next to them, even when their current target isn’t reachable.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the Quartermaster in the Base of Operations would mysteriously disappear after the player completed the first story mission.
    IMPROVED – Improved several NPC animation issues, such as legs snapping, offset weapons, sliding across the ground and missing facial animations.

Audio

FIXED – Fixed an issue where the player would lose all sound except ambient sounds after having been idle for five minutes.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where players would lose sound for 10 seconds while in a party if they switched to their secondary weapon and started to shoot.
    IMPROVED – Improved an issue where the game would lose sound during normal gameplay. The final fix is planned for launch.
    IMPROVED – Improved an issue where the guns would no longer make sounds.

Character

FIXED – An Agent will not perform an odd animation when interacting with certain crates.
    FIXED – Other Agents will not float around when you enter a Safe House.
    IMPROVED – Fixed certain clipping issues for gear and visible seams and tears in the character models.

Skirmish

FIXED – Fixed an issue where several pieces of strange foliage would cause players to walk on top of them instead of passing through them.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue in the Stadium map where a player could be stuck behind a trash bag pile.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where a voice over line wouldn’t play during the start of a Skirmish match.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the camera would be placed behind the player when transitioning from the loading screen to the map select screen.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the “Rogue Agent nearby” line would play during the Map Voting Screen.
    FIXED – Wildcard cache remains locked after an agent disconnects while interacting with it.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where a player would get stuck on a white screen indefinitely if they were disconnected from the game while interacting with a Supply Drop.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where a player would not be able to interact with a capture point.

UI

FIXED – Enabling and disabling the On Call option with a controller now works properly.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the map could become corrupted after switching the map to the options menu and back again.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the “Missing Texture” icon would be present for certain rewards.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the Specialization pop-up has an error in the button input text when using a keyboard.
    FIXED – Certain wording in the settings menus was incorrect and has been changed.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where the inventory could be tilted and shifted to the left.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where certain button prompts could be translucent and hardly visible.
    FIXED – Fixed a typo in the Base of Operations tutorial.
    FIXED – Tutorials that the player has already seen at the start of the game will no longer appear the first time they log in with the endgame, level 30 characters.
    IMPROVED – Loading screens have been made slightly darker.

Photo Mode

FIXED – Fixed an issue were saved images would appear washed out.

Localization

FIXED – Fixed an issue where the voice overs in the game would be permanently set to French on Windows 10 if the French regional settings were selected during installation.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue in the Japanese localization where the text would appear not centered in the menus.
    FIXED – When changing subtitles, the line “subtitle line missing” will no longer appear.
    FIXED – In the German and Italian versions, three additional zeroes would be added to the Weapon Damage and Gear Armor stats if those stats exceeded 1000.

Misc

FIXED – The OSCAR 01 error will no longer occur if your My Documents folder has been redirected on your computer while playing the game.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where a player could be locked out of the game and get an ECHO-01 error message after having been away from the keyboard for too long.
    FIXED – You will no longer be sent to a solo session with no notification if you try to join a group with a level 30 character while you are level 1-8.

-Loki- on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Raids with eight players sounds rad

I'm going media silent on this but is there's going to be a faction that carries around big red explosives like the cleaners?

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    They've previously said Underground and Survival wouldn't be in at launch as the game was going to be a lot larger, and have more to do. They didn't say it wasn't coming back.

edited February 2019
    Hey so this all looks pretty good to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyXV2XGaFwQ&amp;feature=youtu.be

Main question I have is how non-season pass folk will unlock the new specialisations, if it's a project thing or a SHD tech unlock etc currently it only says
    For those who do not have the Year 1 Pass, specializations will be released at the same time, but must be unlocked over time through gameplay.

Also an infographic

y1-pass_960x540_345130.jpg

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Okay, I have to admit...

the rainbow sprinkle donut cat backpack trophy makes me so glad I splurged and picked up the version that includes the season pass thingy.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Okay, I have to admit...

the rainbow sprinkle donut cat backpack trophy makes me so glad I splurged and picked up the version that includes the season pass thingy.

Imagine saving Washington DC without a kawaii keychain like some kind of plebeian

• NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Prohass wrote: »
    Raids with eight players sounds rad

I'm going media silent on this but is there's going to be a faction that carries around big red explosives like the cleaners?

The outcasts is probably going to be the faction for that sort of stuff but there isn't all that much info on them at the moment.

Numi on
  • RhahRhah Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    My kids come home from school with new things hanging off their backpacks almost daily. I am proud to know that they share a characteristic with Division agents and one day could grow up to be one!

Rhah on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    When I think of black-ops non supervised vigilante kill squads, I think "rainbow sprinkle cat keychains"
    Like those 3 charms show exactly what's so weird and bad about this game's tone lmao. Its maybe not quite as jarring as the first game, but still.

Crippl3 on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I'm all about the Cheeseburger panda.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    I like that it appears that the Episodes are expanding the world map. Also going to the Pentagon, which would be fun. The map looked like it got close to that area already. Still though that's going to be a beefy map expansion.

I'm still dying to know what the new Specialisations are. Interesting that they're going Year Pass holder exclusive projects. I wonder what happens if someone without the Year Pass connects with someone with the Year Pass and you both enter an area where the Year Pass holders has done a project.

edited February 2019
    Looks like the Season Pass Projects are not construction, but more like Dailies, which makes sense as there was a project for 2 of the areas in the beta that was basically just a checklist of things to do that unlocked a bounty mission at the end.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    edited February 2019
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Okay, I have to admit...

I may have to rethink my stance on not pre-ordering just for that item. :biggrin:

EDIT: Oh, wow. The only edition I can get here that has the Year 1 Pass is the "Lincoln" Edition for $150, or the "Dark Zone" edition for $180. Good thing PS4 games are region unlocked!
    sbb3mmxj54gr.jpg

But, as an added bonus, I actually get a little bear I can hang on my oh-so-professional work backpack.

EDIT2: I wonder if the game will unlock on March 12 here, too, or if I'll have to wait until March 12 in the USA. If I'm dropping three bills on this thing, I might as well schedule my first every day of "personal leave" to coincide, right?

Stupid on

26904.png
    edited February 2019
    I want that Teddy :( No Lincoln edition for PC even ordering physically from the Ubistore. PC gets the Teddy in game by default for pre ordering, but no physical copy of it.

-Loki- on
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I was going to say "Wait...isn't there the Gold edition on the PS Store?"...but then I realized you were talking about physical versions that include the Y1 Pass.

Also, I'm now hoping REAL hard that Ubisoft will stock standalone physical Tommy the Teddy backpack charms that I can get. Would love to put him next to my Domokun backpack charm on my bugout pack.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Yeah, I'm one of those throwbacks that prefers physical media. Besides, the digital Gold edition is still US$100, which is around AUD$140. So really the physical goodies (disc, steelbook case, and teddy) are really only costing me ten bucks (seven dollars US).

I think the teddy is a Gamestop exclusive? It says EB exclusive here. Gamestop is blocked at work (but EB isn't, go figure!) so I cant check.

26904.png
    edited February 2019
    Stupid wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm one of those throwbacks that prefers physical media. Besides, the digital Gold edition is still US$100, which is around AUD$140. So really the physical goodies (disc, steelbook case, and teddy) are really only costing me ten bucks (seven dollars US).

I think the teddy is a Gamestop exclusive? It says EB exclusive here. Gamestop is blocked at work (but EB isn't, go figure!) so I cant check.

However, if you are in Australia, you can pre order for 20% off for 100 uPlay credits. So going digital will save you $30 on the Gold Edition.

edit - forgot your on console. Nevermind me.

They've outlined post launch monetisation too. Sounds like SHD crates from the first game, but also the option to outright buy stuff if you don't want to go through random crates. You can also buy the crates, but they will be available off events too.

My anti loot box sense is tingling, but as long as they don't lock gameplay stuff behind them I can deal with it.
    Post-Launch Monetization

Our overall monetization philosophy is that purchasable items should always be optional to the player.

At launch there will be two ways to purchase additional content for The Division 2.

First and foremost is the Year 1 Pass, lined out in detail above.
    Secondly, we have the in-game Apparel Store, where players are able to directly purchase cosmetic items for purchasable Premium Credits. This option exists for those who wish to know exactly what they are buying and are looking to acquire a specific cosmetic item.

Shortly after launch we will be adding the first purchasable Apparel Caches. These Caches will contain cosmetics only: no weapons, crafting materials or other gear. Acquiring a Cache will never provide any type of advantage.

Our intention is for players to organically earn new pieces of Apparel as they enjoy the many different activities of The Division 2; getting cosmetics from gameplay should be fun, exciting and rewarding. For those who wish to speed up this process, or acquire specific Apparel, there will be choices to directly purchase individual cosmetics in the Apparel Store, or via Event Caches post launch.

-Loki- on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    As long as its similar to div 1 I'm ok, if they took the Rockstar approach to "eventually you can afford one shirt" fuck you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Really hope they stay in line with how they did in Division 1 too, with a very large collection of in-game currency cosmetics and then the lootbox ones.

There's still a few pieces of costume stuff from that vendor that I hadn't picked up.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Based on the State of the Game stream (which is well worth finding on Twitch) it sounds like there will be the basic crate that you can get any time, that you earn via play that drops everything and can contain dupes like the Div1 crates. Plus, occasional "seasonal" crates that you can buy with money or earn during the event that won't contain dupes, so if there are say 30 items in the pool, 30 crates and you're done. After the event is over, those items get rolled into the basic crate. Or you can just buy a shirt in the store like Div 1. I know opinions vary on charging for cosmetics, but the idea that if you spend money you literally can't get dupes or can just pick what you want seems the absolute best compromise.

7qmGNt5.png
    I'm fine with microtransactions if they have no randomization. I spent a lot of money on Guild Wars 2 cosmetics, because I knew that $10 was going to actually get me that sweet bow skin I wanted. Once they added a loot box for mount skins, I was done with the game.