As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Spoit wrote: »
    Heatwave wrote: »
    The default level scaling in AssOdd is pissing me off.

Hate how every new enemy is at least two levels above me, until I grind else and come back to kill them. Only for the same thing to happen again the next baddy I find.

Read that you can adjust the level scaling to make enemies at least two levels below you, so I'm going to try that.

Also does anyone have tips for using the arrow in the middle of combat? By the time I aim, select the multi arrow ability and switch to fire arrows, I've lost a chuck of my health.

I thought areas always had level bands pre-set, but that it scaled them up (not down) so that at most, they're 2 levels lower than you. By default.
    Ok so this makes sense.

Instead of following the story after I got my ship I basically went straight to Phokis and completed quests in the surrouding area, including doing my first conquest battle in the area up north :P

I've since gone to Megaris and things are better.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »
    From what I saw, it's apparently not just an anti-Xi meme; the bad guy's name is a homonym for "mainland citizen," which isn't great. The politics here seem more like what you have with Far Cry 5 or Palmer Luckey than a random Trump joke; in China at least, a significant number of people aren't ever going to let it go.

Fair enough. I know borderline dick about China outside of some stuff that's going on between it and Hollywood, so I'm more than willing to accept the idea that I am missing something more culturally significant. It still chaps my ass a little bit though.

Compressing a lot.
    After the chinese civil war post ww2, communists took mainland while republicans fled to taiwan.

Calling it an independent country in the wrong environment will get you jumped and then arrested.

Thinking about soul reaver.

While a 3d zelda.

Also kinda a openworld megaman.

Any such thing as a 3d open world megaman game?

Ozar mishradam is downloaded to my phone

You aren't far off from what the cancelled Black Sun sequel to the Legacy of Kain series that Square Enix cancelled in favor of the F2P Multiplayer Deathmatch Nosgoth.

Still, might be time to watch all the cutscenes in the LoK series again.

Kain is deified.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    The Legacy of Kain series was so good. Maybe one day they'll make a new entry in the series. I understand Amy Hennig is a bit more independent these days with her recent departure from EA...maybe she could be convinced to take on a role on a new LoK game? (not likely)

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    The Legacy of Kain series was so good. Maybe one day they'll make a new entry in the series. I understand Amy Hennig is a bit more independent these days with her recent departure from EA...maybe she could be convinced to take on a role on a new LoK game? (not likely)

I mean, google "Legacy of Kain Dead Sun" or "Nosgoth". They've tried to bring the franchise back, with her or without her, to generally mixed/negative results.

Also it's owned by Square, so they'd likely set a sales goal of $Texas and then lay everyone off when it only sold $Oklahoma

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

I mean, google "Legacy of Kain Dead Sun" or "Nosgoth". They've tried to bring the franchise back, with her or without her, to generally mixed/negative results.

Also it's owned by Square, so they'd likely set a sales goal of $Texas and then lay everyone off when it only sold $Oklahoma

Oh, I know all about those. But if they got Amy Hennig back on the series...

I can dream.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

They were definitely "of a time" and that is a time we aren't likely to get back. For better or worse.

While i loved Soul Reaver, the thing that sticks in my mind for the 1st LoK is having a load screen every 3 or 4 steps.

steam_sig.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I'm mad that I can't play the first Kain game on PC. No place sells it digitally.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Need list of games besides white wolf titles that lean hard in to vampire gameplay and mechanics

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Vampyr?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-masquerade-bundle

Just a heads up Glass Masquerade + DLC is $1 on Fanatical. It's a neat little puzzle game where all of the pieces are made from stained glass.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/festival-mystery-bundle

They also have a Festival Mystery bundle for you gamblers out there, up to 10 mystery keys for $7.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/strategy-legends-bundle

Strategy bundle consisting of Distant Worlds: Universe, Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy, and Pandora: First Contact for $10. The latter two are okay enough but $10 for Distant Worlds Universe alone is the lowest price I've ever seen it anywhere. However fair warning it's getting review bombed right now because it apparently doesn't work on Win10 without following a lot of stupid arcane user forum bullshit to make it work, and the developer/publisher seem to have no interest in fixing it.

For what it's worth, I'm running Windows 10 on a fairly recent laptop and Distant Worlds booted up just fine, both to the game and to the start screen.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Need list of games besides white wolf titles that lean hard in to vampire gameplay and mechanics

Bloodrayne
    Bloodrayne 2

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So a new metroidvania is out, it seems. But it's also a touhou game. So i'm worried about what the ratio of fun : bullet hell bullshit is within it.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Bloodrayne
    Bloodrayne 2

Bad Rats

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Steam is being weird again.
    Access Denied
    You don't have permission to access "http://store.steampowered.com/" on this server.
    Reference #18.dc2333b8.1551206860.23e59b9d

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    So we still have a Steam group chat. It is a pretty fun and relaxed place. We don't bite. There is never any unjustified gifting shenanigans.
    There is also an anime subchat if that is your kind of thing.

Just be a reasonably active forum member and join this group.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/PAGT
    Ask one of the admins (Me, Spoit, Pixie, whoever else happens to be alive at that moment) to process your join request.

prqbrj7yb1k6.png

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    So we still have a Steam group chat. It is a pretty fun and relaxed place. We don't bite. There is never any unjustified gifting shenanigans.

Ask one of the admins (Me, Spoit, Pixie, whoever else happens to be alive at that moment) to process your join request.

prqbrj7yb1k6.png

Note, you can still join the chat without being a member

steam_sig.png
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I have so many chat things open, I always forget about adventure chat.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »

prqbrj7yb1k6.png

More like the anime mainchat.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

There really aren't a ton. Very few games have really done the social interaction aspects at all.

Of all things my favorite implementation besides Bloodlines has been The Sims 4. You get powers as you gain experience that can mitigate some vampire problems sure but you also pick up more weaknesses. But you actually have to balance things like making money when you get hurt by sunlight (though you can develop an immunity to it. You still won't be as strong in it compared to the night though), feeding without witnesses to avoid reputation hits, the game AI making you randomly attack someone if you get too hungry, being able to set up a blood cult using Get Together's club system, and just in general deal with a lot of the day to day issues of being a vampire that come up in stories and tabletop games that most video games gloss over.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The Humble Neptunia Bundle is live:

$1.00:
    Amnesia: Memories (Steam)
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Deluxe Edition Bundle (Steam)
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Colosseum + Characters DLC (Steam)
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Deluxe Edition Bundle (Steam)

BTA:
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 Deluxe Edition Bundle (Steam)
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (Steam)
    • Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online - Deluxe Pack (Steam)

$12.00:
    • Megadimension Neptunia VII Digital Deluxe Edition (Steam)
    • Megadimension Neptunia VIIR - Deluxe Bundle (Steam)

HiT BiT on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    That's a lot of Nep.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Top Nep.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I have honestly wondered why nobody has applied the vampire setting to any sort of social/sim game where that is the total focus of the game.

Like... Stardew Valley, but you're a vampire living in a town of normals. Do you turn them all? Do you build an army of vassals? Do you leave them be and play the part of the conscientious vampire who only feeds on freely given blood?

And instead of building up a homestead/farm you would be building up a vampire lair. Do you go for a castle, strong and impregnable, or do you go for a dirty warren slum? Do you go incognito and try to live the life of a normal?

So much they could do with a full blown social sim game with a vampire motif.

Someone in the game industry feel free to hire me as a consultant. I'm full of tons of good ideas like this.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    So a new metroidvania is out, it seems. But it's also a touhou game. So i'm worried about what the ratio of fun : bullet hell bullshit is within it.

But bullet hell bullshit is fun!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Yeah which metroidvania is this one now?

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I have honestly wondered why nobody has applied the vampire setting to any sort of social/sim game where that is the total focus of the game.

Like... Stardew Valley, but you're a vampire living in a town of normals. Do you turn them all? Do you build an army of vassals? Do you leave them be and play the part of the conscientious vampire who only feeds on freely given blood?

And instead of building up a homestead/farm you would be building up a vampire lair. Do you go for a castle, strong and impregnable, or do you go for a dirty warren slum? Do you go incognito and try to live the life of a normal?

So much they could do with a full blown social sim game with a vampire motif.

Someone in the game industry feel free to hire me as a consultant. I'm full of tons of good ideas like this.

A vampire asset/farming management game?

Whatever ends the interminable zombie fetish and eventual battle royale oversaturation, I suppose.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Yeah which metroidvania is this one now?

Touhou Luna Nights

and no it's not.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »

$1.00:

BTA:

$12.00:

Is this a good or bad thing? I've never heard of these games before.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Lots of fanservice in a sort of anthropomorphic world based on Console Wars. They won't necessarily be the best thing evar, but they aren't horrible. For twelve bucks, it's not the worst thing if you like RPGs and anime artwork.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I've never heard of these games before.

lybaxzhpqc37.png

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

$1.00:

BTA:

$12.00:

Hyperdimension Neptunia is an RPG series by Compile Heart. The games take place in a fantasy world that draws heavily upon video game culture - the main characters are living goddesses based on game consoles and there are a great many jokes and references to be found. The actual quality of the games is middling, honestly, with an expectation that you will grind a bit for levels, items and money (or use DLC content to grease the wheels a bit). Thus your outgoing opinion of the games will be whether the writing is worth the gameplay.

This bundle includes all the "main" games available on Steam (the Re;Birth trilogy and VII / VII-R) and I advise playing them in order (RB1, RB2, RB3 and VII). It does not include 4 Goddesses Online, the MMO-spoof spinoff, despite including the Deluxe Pack DLC. (Thanks @Gear Girl for passing that on to me!) Also, VII-R is the "enhanced" version of VII, though some of the changes are so substantial that the original may be worth giving a shot.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List

$1.00:

BTA:

$12.00:

Look up first 5 minutes of the anime.

Also....

https://www.pcgamer.com/gog-is-ending-its-fair-price-package-so-it-can-give-devs-a-larger-cut/?utm_content=bufferc6144&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

Epic's offer has changed the game.

Too late for the pebbles to vote?

• Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

$1.00:

BTA:

$12.00:

A few things to note.

The Cyberdimension Neptunia thing is a DLC pack only and you must own the base game(or give it away).

Megadimension Neptunia VIIR is a supposedly enhanced version of VII which includes VR support(though steam comments seem to point to them dumbing it down for VR) so they are esentially giving you 2 copies of VII, keep that in mind before you blindly activate like me.

Gear Girl on
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I've never heard of these games before.

lybaxzhpqc37.png

941uvsbl5l0l.jpg

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Touhou Luna Nights is actually pretty brilliant. It hands you your most important mechanics early, slowing down time and stopping it completely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUAlIyyJjr8

THE WORLD

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

$1.00:

BTA:

$12.00:

Look up first 5 minutes of the anime.

Also....

https://www.pcgamer.com/gog-is-ending-its-fair-price-package-so-it-can-give-devs-a-larger-cut/?utm_content=bufferc6144&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

Epic's offer has changed the game.

Too late for the pebbles to vote?

Considering the same article mentions how they are struggling with a smaller cut, I'd be surprised if we don't end up where we were before: Steam just doing as it pleases.

I would not mind if they offered better deals to smaller games (instead of the opposite) though.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yo I like haven't been around here because MMO type games have stolen my play time, but someone hunted me down anyway because I guess I had some of this bundle on my wishlist.

zX0OEW5.png

I thank you @Gear Girl, as based on the name and a recent post in here I beleive it was you. When the day comes that I finally start attacking this wonderful backlog I have, Netptunia is one I need to knock out along with Tales of Berseria. I heard the combat is interesting and that is my cup of tea.

But seriously, you are quite the hunter.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks @Psiberian for Defiance! I guess it's Free to Play now, but maybe the old version has some benefits? Either way, thanks!
    09HrobT.png

Stabbity_Style.png
    I think i had a royce_ebook idea some years ago involving managing a coven like xcom and the penultimate reward after a tenuous side quest was waking up Ben Franklin after his 50 year nap/kidnapping (long story)

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Glass Masquerade

Loading...?

This discussion has been closed.