As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Solomon singularity
    What the actual fuck is this Goetia fight? He just wipes half your party in the first turn, takes no damage from NPs, and has 1.5 million hit points. What?
    You have to survive first turn, (There are assorted strategies to accomplish this like having Guts on everyone or buff seal, NP seal, skill seal etc ) and then wait out his anti-NP buff if you want to damage him with NPs.
    Memories of the Lunar Sea is a great way to do this, since it still has that arts boost for helping damage.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Is there anyway to get that Code if we haven't been playing since the start?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Solomon singularity
    What the actual fuck is this Goetia fight? He just wipes half your party in the first turn, takes no damage from NPs, and has 1.5 million hit points. What?
    You have to survive first turn, (There are assorted strategies to accomplish this like having Guts on everyone or buff seal, NP seal, skill seal etc ) and then wait out his anti-NP buff if you want to damage him with NPs.
    Memories of the Lunar Sea is a great way to do this, since it still has that arts boost for helping damage.
    This was how I accomplished it as well, although I didn't really use the Arts boost much because I used Ozymandias for my ass beater

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Is there anyway to get that Code if we haven't been playing since the start?

It'll be in the Rare Prism shop, but it happened fairly recently in JP so who knows when we're getting it. Mata Hari has a guaranteed skill seal as her third active skill so you could put her in front and use the Chaldea Combat Uniform to swap her out.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The last two chapters are a delight, and I will say no more.

Edit: I will say one more thing. Tamalancer, Waver, Merlin all with 2030 equipped leads to disgusting results.

Edit 2: The clear scene.
    QED. YES YES YES.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    NP Seal: Benkei, Karna, lots of JP-only for now Servants to come in the future.
    Skill Seal: Benkei, Mata Hari
    Buff Block: Mephistopheles

Also
    AoE Guts: Irisviel

Or
    Put 3 sacrifices on the front row and your real team in the back.

@Gabriel_Pitt

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    I think that 99% of content has been cleared by people using only 3* or lower servants (not including story-locked), and should have videos on Youtube as well. Basically the only stuff I'm unsure about is challenge quests intended to be obnoxiously hard (like that Salter fight we just had come through). At a minimum, you might be able to get ideas there for dealing with stuff - though a lot of it is going to come back to the especially strong 3*s (e.g. Hans as a support caster).

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I think that 99% of content has been cleared by people using only 3* or lower servants (not including story-locked), and should have videos on Youtube as well. Basically the only stuff I'm unsure about is challenge quests intended to be obnoxiously hard (like that Salter fight we just had come through). At a minimum, you might be able to get ideas there for dealing with stuff - though a lot of it is going to come back to the especially strong 3*s (e.g. Hans as a support caster).

Nah, there's 3* only videos of all the hardest content on Youtube, Salter included.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Shinjuku Chapter 10
    "...Are you the mastermind."

I love Shakespeare so much. Even as an Alter he doesn't stop being himself.
    Dantes: "We can't rescue you at the moment, even though you'll be tortured even worse after we've escaped."
    Shakespeare: "Oh don't worry I completely understand, just please come back for me later."

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    That was how I dealt with Goetia, lacking moon pants.

Wow, I actually lost a fight for the first time in a long while that wasn't a CQ.

Shinjuku Chapter 13
    Goddamn you Avenger of Shinjuku. Looks like it's time for my ace in the hole. Come forth, Archtoria/Waver/Tamamo Caster! Engage ULTIMATE STALL.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Chapters 13 and 14 are bears, yeah

You're rewarded with some good story after you beat them, though
    Here lies Jalter

Eaten by a Dog

I confess to having heard that particular enemy was a jerk. Since I knew his class... well, the class icons for that chapter were a giveaway and I went in with boss-killing mode. And forgot to switch out CEs and had to reset quick... but I'm not counting that as a loss.

The closest to losing I got was Ch. 17, I ended with just the world's (self-proclaimed) greatest detective Nero standing (we all know she'd say that). As to why...
    I didn't know the second boss had pierce invuln on it's NP - I assumed an AoE with debuffs like most of them. Nope, Tamalancer goes down. Santa Jalter comes in and gets most of it before it crits up a storm and kills everyone. Mash and Nero left, Mash taunts the next NP and Nero finishes off the last 1000 HP.

Ch. 18 was a curb stomp though.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Finished Shinjuku
    On the one hand, I'm thrilled Poirot got a mention, even if he was offscreen

On the other, why couldn't they show him with the other detectives

Give me my funny looking Belgian man DW

And JP releases a new servant that goes to the very front of my desire sensors.

More Atk than Cu Alter on a cute Kohai Alter Ego you say, with amazing passives and good + thematically cool skills? Yes please.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I've paused my Shinjuku quest as a random 10 pull for the heck of it got me Tamamo, and since today is Caster XP card day, it seems a good day to grind and get her leveled since I had no XP cards at all at the moment.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Humanity saved.

Grand Order: complete.

Humanity saved.

Best Boy:
    erased from existence :(

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Humanity saved.

Congratulations on the promotion! The snazzy new emblem also shows up on your support screen, letting everyone know that You Saved The World And All You Got Was A Relatively Low Rank In The Mage's Association.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh, is that what that rank is? I sort of don't know anything about Fate outside of this game.

And regarding BFL's comment...yeah...they certainly did pull some real plot surprises on me there.

Well, it's not that low. It's much higher than your character would get ordinarily, what with not being much of a magus and all.
    It's the typical rank for the average magus, it's just that at the time some people felt a bit shorted what with saving the world and whatnot. (It will quickly become apparent that there's reasons for that, though.)

Also, don't worry, Mage's Association ranks are some obscure and unimportant supplemental shit that you'll hardly ever encounter in the main material (mostly because not a lot of it deals with MA politics).

The big points of reference would probably be that it's the fifth rank of seven, considered the average rank, and mature magi without outstanding powers are a rank above that - the ones you'd know from FGO would be Lev Lainur Flauros and Lord El-Melloi II a.k.a. Waver Velvet a.k.a. Zhuge Liang's psuedosummon a.k.a. the support Caster with all the NP charges.

I think the only time it ever comes up in other stuff is in El-Melloi Case Files, but that's because it's the one series that actually involves the Mage's Association in a major way.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I just got spoiled on the new JP Servant
    Big

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    Neveron wrote: »
    Well, it's not that low. It's much higher than your character would get ordinarily, what with not being much of a magus and all.
    It's the typical rank for the average magus, it's just that at the time some people felt a bit shorted what with saving the world and whatnot. (It will quickly become apparent that there's reasons for that, though.)

Also, don't worry, Mage's Association ranks are some obscure and unimportant supplemental shit that you'll hardly ever encounter in the main material (mostly because not a lot of it deals with MA politics).

The big points of reference would probably be that it's the fifth rank of seven, considered the average rank, and mature magi without outstanding powers are a rank above that - the ones you'd know from FGO would be Lev Lainur Flauros and Lord El-Melloi II a.k.a. Waver Velvet a.k.a. Zhuge Liang's psuedosummon a.k.a. the support Caster with all the NP charges.

I think the only time it ever comes up in other stuff is in El-Melloi Case Files, but that's because it's the one series that actually involves the Mage's Association in a major way.

They make nobility look humble, that's about all you need to know. Well, they're also mages, with the usual personality traits of that.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm struggling to become interested in this new bit of story.

All of the weird side story event things are usually wacky and somewhat light hearted, and encourage you to clear all the content and earn all the cool stuff over a week or two. And/or give you daily challenges. Nothing like that to draw me in here. Plus, with the main story/threat done and dealt with, there's nothing really compelling about this place. I don't feel like they gave a good enough reason to go to this Singularity other than 'it was there'.

Plus none of the familiar faces to bounce off of or talk to the new Servants for you.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited February 2019
    Just beat Chapter 14. I've done every single fight so far with a team of Jalter, Cu Alter, and Support Lunchtine Merlin running double Lunchtime and a Heroic Portrait. The Bond gain is too high to do anything else. In a few battles I've had one of them eventually die for my backup Tamamo or Uncle Vlad III to come in and help finish things off.

Jalter did f'ing work on Chapter 14 (first break bar at once on turn 2) but Cuzilla was my MVP for Chapter 13. He ended that fight with still being at full health.

vagrant_winds on
    edited February 2019
    Reynolds wrote: »

All of the weird side story event things are usually wacky and somewhat light hearted, and encourage you to clear all the content and earn all the cool stuff over a week or two. And/or give you daily challenges. Nothing like that to draw me in here. Plus, with the main story/threat done and dealt with, there's nothing really compelling about this place. I don't feel like they gave a good enough reason to go to this Singularity other than 'it was there'.

Plus none of the familiar faces to bounce off of or talk to the new Servants for you.

The main reasons to go after it:
    1) It's an anomaly - everyone had assumed they were done with singularities after Solomon.
    2) Singularities kill people for real, per Bablyonia, so leaving it alone might result in the death of lots of people, plus any other knock-on consequences

Polaritie on
    Polaritie wrote: »

The main reasons to go after it:
    1) It's an anomaly - everyone had assumed they were done with singularities after Solomon.
    2) Singularities kill people for real, per Bablyonia, so leaving it alone might result in the death of lots of people, plus any other knock-on consequences

Also, there's the threat that if it gets out of hand, or perhaps even just keeps existing, then it will destabilize the restoration of human history and fuck things up further.
    Or that's what they think going in, at least. The reality of the situation is a bit more complicated.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    The start of Shinjuku is pretty random, but it ramps up pretty quickly, and sets up the following chapters. I don't know if it's on the scale of Babylonia, but it's a good chapter.

Managed to complete it last night, but boy, some of those battles were even more rough than I remembered. In case anyone gets walled by a pesky Avenger, remember that the CCC event coming up in a month or so will give out a good welfare servant who gets class advantage against avengers.

Also, if you get walled by the more difficult fights... remember that you don't have to take Evil servants. You can always swap one out for your normal challenge quest fair if you want, you just miss out on some bond points (much like you would if you took, say, a Bond 10 Herc or Waver into a challenge quest).

Similarly, there's a bunch of places where you're honestly better off taking a non-story support. Not having a CE hurts them a lot, and also sometimes you're in a node with nothing but Archers and the only support is a Saber so fuck that.

I've definitely had to retry fights more often in this singularity than... any other before, I think? I was prepared for Camelot, though. Also, most of the times I wipe I just bring in a proper non-Evil team and win next try.

edited March 2019
    Finished Shinjuku chapter. That was a fun Singularity and I really enjoyed it! Wish some characters could have gotten more development but the humor and twist were just right up my alley.

anyhoo, I got some very good news today so I'm gonna buy a pack of quartz and see if I can't temp the old man with some shinies

Edit: The answer is no, but I did get NP2 Altera

Madican on
    Shinjuku Beaten! Long Live Team Evil! I never swaped away from a full Bond Point Team the entire Singularity. Though I did make the adjustments in the later boss fights to a real back line instead of building Bond for Gorgon and Lobo.

My MVP team later into the chapter:
    CSgHce5.jpg

3.8k Bond Points per story fight is hard to turn down. The front line was the same in every single last battle: Jalter, Cu Alter, and a Support Lunchtime Merlin. Man do I miss having Prisma Cosmos or 2030 on him during tough fights, the difference is noticeable. Same with Tamamo without a real CE. Jalter did workthis story chapter but Cu was always a reliable dog to lay sustained damage in on non-Jalter buffed burst turns.

Final Battle Kill Screenshot under the spoiler. Note the Cu Alter at Full HP like a goddamn boss. Best doggo tanked two Noble Phantasms in the final battle.
    iYLD3WA.jpg

I will say something about FGO. The writers know how to do a glorious and exciting plot twist. I can't wait for the next three Remnant Chapters and for CCC if the story quality continues being this high. I loved the humor this chapter and I absolutely loved the final twists.

(And I am also now shipping Jalter and Salter together.)

ShakespeareXAndersen collaborative work

Madican wrote: »
    ShakespeareXAndersen collaborative work
    God I loved that.

I'll buy three copies please.

I also love how Shakespeare is apparently capable of casually reverting from his Alter form to his normal form just because his Alter self isn't any different from how he normally is.

This game keeps making me like Jalter more and more.

But Salter was great this singularity too.

More Final Story Spoiler Talk
    So, the detectives, if people don't know who they are...

Round-Faced Priest is "Father Brown" by author G. K. Chesterton.
    Old Man Playing with String is "The Old Man" by author Baroness Orczy.
    Messy-Haired Professor is "Professor Augustus S. F. X. Van Dusen" by author Jacques Futrelle.
    Serious-Faced Gentleman is "Dr. Thorndyke" by author R. Austin Freeman.

I could only pierce out Father Brown and the pictured 'Belgan' as Hercule Poirot. I had no idea who the others were.

I guess I should make an evil team, it didn't seem to tell me anything about that in game...

uyvfOQy.png
    I guess I should make an evil team, it didn't seem to tell me anything about that in game...

Of course it does. Right in the gigantic banner news article when you boot up the game. It even lists the current servants in NA that get the bonus.

https://webview.fate-go.us/2019/0225_shinjuku/

I immediately mash that X as soon as the screen loads. Usually if there's something important a tutorial/warning will pop up over the screen when you enter the map.

uyvfOQy.png
    Breaking: Person throws away handed instructions then complains at not having information.