As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

19495969798100»

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    But what does that mean?

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    But what does that mean?

BWA BWAAA BWAAA

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I've gotten this started in two threads now and by God I'll keep going

the new ghosting

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm really enjoying the buzz cut and beard thing, but my scalp is cold

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying the buzz cut and beard thing, but my scalp is cold

Get a hat. If it's below 25 I need one.

Like either a beanie or a ushanka/lumberjack hat

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    Saddle up folx
    there be a haircut below

Now, I said I wasn't sure what I wanted, but to probably keep most of the length, trim it up a bit, maybe some layers. Just want a change from what I have -- was there anything she'd wanted to practice? I mentioned this was a grown-out asymmetrical bob with an undershave, sure let's do the undershave again. I'm at the point that if she'd shown initiative, I would chop it down, but I was keeping my aims conservative since I'd like to bleach and dye it sometime this summer maybe, and I like moar color.

After she's shaved it, mentions she had been wanting to practice designs, sure, I'm down.
    cpq9ypqnpn3o.jpg

jo11w05c2cpi.jpg
    While the design looks shitty now that I have a better view --rather than the kinda cool inverse effect I thought I was seeing-- it was, like, her first time trying something other than straight vertical lines, and I offered myself as a cosmetic dummy. Obviously I want it cleaned up a little, there's no fixing that bald spot where I assume she was going for intersecting lines but didn't pull it out long or keep it narrow enough to make that obvious, and maybe let's add repetition rather than just pure randomness (looking at you, solid amorphous shape in the rear.) And she shaved further back than I said, but whatever, it'll grow back or I can shave it down.

I'm more unsatisfied with the cut. Like, does it seem half-assed to anyone else? I was a walk-in, but the last time I did this, (also as a walk-in) the lady thinned it out and cut it so that it laid evenly whether I had it flipped to hide or show the shaved side. Maybe then I was more clear I was flexible and she felt more free to cut, but this time, the woman had a guy waiting for her at a certain point, so it may just have been a rush job, despite it taking an hour. I had her add more layers, but it was distinctly mushroomy the first go. Then I flipped my hair to cover the shaved side, and only then did she taper the left side a bit.

It just looks poufy and kinda uneven to me, but if I go in to get it fixed, I want feedback first, and help to better articulate what I want since this effect is apparently not it. I'm trying to remember if last time it was purely dry-cut, because the girl this time did mention my hair being thick, coarse, and with curl/waves...

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    actually you know what? new thread time

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Whoops, necropost

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)