As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    The game is already super dark. I don’t even have HDR and the secret caves that look like black walls until the ghost turns on are impossible for me to see. I can’t imagine what it looks like in HDR.

That, but dark as hell

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    My only problem with the HDR is that your ghost is so slow to turn on its damn flashlight.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    18c4a2aa-7d39-443a-8982-4955132c18af_Thumbnail.PNG

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Find a way to get 420 more points and then quit Destiny forever.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    My only problem with the HDR is that your ghost is so slow to turn on its damn flashlight.

They should really just let us turn it on and off ourselves.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

They actually posted about why they don't do this. The effect is very intensive, and the places where it is enabled have carefully crafted geometry so it doesn't destroy your machine when it renders.

EDIT: Because I cite my sources: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/a31tms/we_need_a_flashlight_toggle/eb33tsg/?context=1000

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Guys. I've been clearing Forsaken raids twice a week since October.

Thats nearly half a year. 20+ weeks.

And I still don't have a raid exotic from either of the raids. This is the most surefire way Bungie could make me stop caring about loot (and therefore the game).

The carrot only works if I reach it before I'm exhausted.

edit: I mean look at this guy - https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/avgcf7/i_held_the_record_for_most_last_wish_chest/

Dude did LW 3x a week since it came out and he just now got 1KV. 69* chests opened! That insanity. His advice in that thread? "Never lose hope." Nah, fuck that. This is a gun in a video game meant to have fun with in a game that I play to have fun. If I can't get the things that I'm meant to have fun with in a reasonable time frame then screw it. Its the game's job to entertain me. It's not my job to endure some literally asinine grind so that I can experience the fun I wanted to at a point where its temporal value is basically in the negative at this point.

*nice

Your luck is profoundly shitty.
    I am sympathetic.

I still think they should offer either a guaranteed way to acquire (say after X drops it's guaranteed, or some currency, whatever), or otherwise make the rarest shit less rare, but keep things like crazy ornamets or other cosmetics extremely rare.

I still like the idea of items that have very low acquisition rates, in order to hype up a whole group when they show up. But gameplay related items (especially when they are tied to things like Seals) are less solid ground, since you prevent players from experiencing direct content.

Or have more things like Fate of All Fools where you have a version that is unique-ish, but another version that is far more likely/common if you really want to get your rarity on.

Maybe next week? Eh? I keep telling myself that about Cursebreaker. But it's mechanical hope, not real hope.

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think the current design of seals and triumphs is mostly a mistake because of the connection to the collections - or at least because of hyper-rare cosmetic items to collections.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Guys. I've been clearing Forsaken raids twice a week since October.

Thats nearly half a year. 20+ weeks.

And I still don't have a raid exotic from either of the raids. This is the most surefire way Bungie could make me stop caring about loot (and therefore the game).

The carrot only works if I reach it before I'm exhausted.

edit: I mean look at this guy - https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/avgcf7/i_held_the_record_for_most_last_wish_chest/

Dude did LW 3x a week since it came out and he just now got 1KV. 69* chests opened! That insanity. His advice in that thread? "Never lose hope." Nah, fuck that. This is a gun in a video game meant to have fun with in a game that I play to have fun. If I can't get the things that I'm meant to have fun with in a reasonable time frame then screw it. Its the game's job to entertain me. It's not my job to endure some literally asinine grind so that I can experience the fun I wanted to at a point where its temporal value is basically in the negative at this point.

*nice

Your luck is profoundly shitty.
    I am sympathetic.

I still think they should offer either a guaranteed way to acquire (say after X drops it's guaranteed, or some currency, whatever), or otherwise make the rarest shit less rare, but keep things like crazy ornamets or other cosmetics extremely rare.

I still like the idea of items that have very low acquisition rates, in order to hype up a whole group when they show up. But gameplay related items (especially when they are tied to things like Seals) are less solid ground, since you prevent players from experiencing direct content.

Or have more things like Fate of All Fools where you have a version that is unique-ish, but another version that is far more likely/common if you really want to get your rarity on.

Maybe next week? Eh? I keep telling myself that about Cursebreaker. But it's mechanical hope, not real hope.

There should just be a point where the game basically gives you the damn thing after you've run it enough times.

You can increase the chance all you want but as long as it's random there is always gonna be someone, given enough people playing, who is gonna get ObiFett-style luck.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

They actually posted about why they don't do this. The effect is very intensive, and the places where it is enabled have carefully crafted geometry so it doesn't destroy your machine when it renders.

EDIT: Because I cite my sources: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/a31tms/we_need_a_flashlight_toggle/eb33tsg/?context=1000

That's weird as hell but also really interesting. Game design is such a fascinating, fickle thing. I know basically nothing about it, so I'm pretty wary about throwing around comments about "developers should do this or that" because chances are they've already tried it. this is a good reminder!

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I said it before and I'll say it again. The raid exotics should have been quests like Outbreak Prime.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
    I was just listening to the video without watching until I heard the words "new pinnacle pvp weapon." It looks like a Veist SMG.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Ok I'll get a little excited about Destiny again, GG Bungie, you got me.

But seriously, these bounties to jump a character up to 640 are very welcome, if late as hell. I can finally play as my Hunter again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNwmc5vMkLM

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    So Reckoning looks like they've made a curated "Infinite Forest" mode that maybe feels a bit like the Whisper mission/s in terms of difficulty/strategy.

I'm sure some folks will be annoyed that you apparently have to play Reckoning to get the Gambit armors.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Reckoning doesnt look fun, tbh. From that video its just a running meatgrinder in a straight direction that you also have a timer to deal with.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    This looks worse than Black Armory.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    So... Gambit "Prime", Reckoning, new pinnacle weapons and a Thorn quest?

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So Reckoning looks like they've made a curated "Infinite Forest" mode that maybe feels a bit like the Whisper mission/s in terms of difficulty/strategy.

I'm sure some folks will be annoyed that you apparently have to play Reckoning to get the Gambit armors.

I'm not. It made it easier to go pass, and also why did I buy the Annual Pass? :P

Seems like there's a bit of time gating baked in there too.

But! There's a line in the video where they mention that they're making a Destiny more appealing for their core. I'm not their core, so... yeah.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I dunno if I’m on board for this season. apex is too good.

That being said the content loop of one end game event driving another is destiny at its finest to me. So reckoning to get armor sets for prime is great

Anyone else notice season 3 of the pass has changed? It’s not pneumbra. I wonder if the massive backlash against the puzzle nature of niobe labs made them switch gears?

616610-1.png
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I dunno if I’m on board for this season. apex is too good.

That being said the content loop of one end game event driving another is destiny at its finest to me. So reckoning to get armor sets for prime is great

Anyone else notice season 3 of the pass has changed? It’s not pneumbra. I wonder if the massive backlash against the puzzle nature of niobe labs made them switch gears?

Penumbra is the name of the DLC, Season of Opulence is the name of the season. Just like this DLC is "Joker's Wild" and the season is "Season of the Drifter"

vq2TEKC.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Looks cool

I’ll play it

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    looks way better than Black Armory to me

also you don't have to grind to play the new content which is nice

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    Arteen wrote: »
    So... Gambit "Prime", Reckoning, new pinnacle weapons and a Thorn quest?

there's also some sort of bounty/quest "invitations of the nine" that is to give Xur something to do, and a weekly quest called 'allegiance' that sounds like actual roleplaying in destiny!?!?!?
    The Allegiance quest, previously forecast as the Joker’s Wild weekly quest, will invite you to choose between the Vanguard and the Drifter. Pick a side to progress through the quest from their perspective. This pledge is character based, so if you have more than one Guardian, you can play both sides. Choose wisely!

Invitations of the Nine, once upon a time referred to as Xûr Bounties, will be an exploration of the Nine and their mysterious place in the universe.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

How

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Crippl3 wrote: »

How

90% of that video was seemingly just people in the new LED armors killing each other.

I’m interested in content.

Sirialis on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

How

90% of that video was seemingly just people in the new LED armors killing each other.

I’m interested in content.

hilarity will be the cycle of a person looking to get geared for the mote collecting role and only ever getting invader gear.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Pinnacle weapons and their perk.

I really hope that crucible SMG is not energy. There’s no way there’ll be enough people interested in getting on to grind for it if it takes Luna/NF’s slot.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Eh, combined with Shotgun nerfs, an SMG that has a place in Crucible might be possible again. So there may be a reason to pursue it if you like CQC more than Lunas.

The trailer got me hyped a bit, but between Anthem and Apex, it'll be hard to enjoy any idea of a nightly Destiny. If I can enjoy the content at a smooth pace with just a night or two of Destiny, I'll be down.

Saying that the Invitations of the Nine is meant to be like Lanterns makes me giddy, as that remains my favorite thing in Destiny. But I get that different strokes for people and all that, but it interests me way more than Gambit Prime and the Gambit armor.

• HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Hey so for anyone interested in the HDR settings of this game ( @Prohass @GoodKingJayIII ), I did some poking around last night and found a fix:

Apparently the brightness setting you get for the non-HDR...setting...affects the base level of the HDR.

To fix, you need to turn off HDR, either in the console (Xbone) or in Windows (PC), launch Destiny, and set the Brightness to 4. Then quit, re-enable HDR, relaunch Destiny, and fiddle with the HDR brightness. The white point you can adjust to taste, but it seems the black point works best if you leave it in the middle.

I did this last night and noticed a significant difference. Caves are still dark, but only where they're supposed to be. The feeling of running blindly into the black is definitely alleviated.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

I really hope that crucible SMG is not energy. There’s no way there’ll be enough people interested in getting on to grind for it if it takes Luna/NF’s slot.

The SMG I don't care about because I don't want to grind to 2100 glory. The scout seems very situational.

But that machine gun sounds pretty swell!

Eh, combined with Shotgun nerfs, an SMG that has a place in Crucible might be possible again. So there may be a reason to pursue it if you like CQC more than Lunas.

The trailer got me hyped a bit, but between Anthem and Apex, it'll be hard to enjoy any idea of a nightly Destiny. If I can enjoy the content at a smooth pace with just a night or two of Destiny, I'll be down.

Saying that the Invitations of the Nine is meant to be like Lanterns makes me giddy, as that remains my favorite thing in Destiny. But I get that different strokes for people and all that, but it interests me way more than Gambit Prime and the Gambit armor.

I’m definitely gonna chase the SMG, but early feedback from other pvp dudes I play with isn’t filled with enthusiasm so that’s worrying. But also, thinking of what I’d pair an SMG with, my top choices are all energy. Polaris, Graviton, and Monarque.

smCQ5WE.jpg

That's kinda the problem with Luna/NF though in general. What would ever make someone put it away? There's Ace of Spades if you don't wanna run an exotic heavy but I think that's mostly just a PC thing.

DodgeBlan wrote: »
    looks way better than Black Armory to me

also you don't have to grind to play the new content which is nice

I think they are being genuine when they say they've learned some things going into this. They seem to be trying to react to what went wrong with BA, especially at it's release, and fix that.

Overall it looks pretty solid? I still wanna see some more non-Annual-Pass seasonal content though. New crucible maps and vanguard/crucible armors and some new strikes or something.

shryke wrote: »

That's kinda the problem with Luna/NF though in general. What would ever make someone put it away? There's Ace of Spades if you don't wanna run an exotic heavy but I think that's mostly just a PC thing.

Pre-nerf Telesto. The King.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Well I’m looking forward to this leg of content. I love Gambit, I love hoard modes, it’ll be nice to have new things to chase.

I like chasing pinnacle weapons. That’s usually pretty fun for me. Both the Gambit and Vangaurd weapons look great.

Haven't seen this posted here yet, should give a good idea of the What and When of this upcoming season:

EL_Season6_Timeline_16x9_EN_1.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=3132316039

vq2TEKC.png
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    wait, so what should I try to "finish" from season 5 before it goes away?

Or is that not really how it works anymore?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    I don't really get why people are comparing Reckoning to the infinite forest

the vidoc makes it sound more like a timed raid/dungeon experience

DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I don't really get why people are comparing Reckoning to the infinite forest

the vidoc makes it sound more like a timed raid/dungeon experience

It's described as an endgame PvE activity.

And I don't think it's randomized either.