As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX EAST 2019 - Mar. 28-31 See you next time! | FORUM PHOTO PAGE 1

ASimPersonASimPerson Cold...and hard.Registered User regular
edited April 2019 in Social Entropy++
Why am I the one making the thread? I don't know! Go go go go

PERTINENT INFORMATION WHILE I WAIT FOR THE HOTEL SITE TO LOAD:
When? March 28-31, 2019 (yes, Thursday through Sunday)
Where? Boston Convention and Exposition Center, Boston, MA
Why? It's PAX!
Who? You!
How? LOOK JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN

ASimPerson on

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Oh shiiiiiiit

edit: god damn, I've been stuck at 1 in the hotel queue for nearly 20 minutes

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I just saw the email now. I'm probably not going, though

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Hmmmm. . .

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Hmmmm. . .

!!!

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I can't get through the damn hotel line. This sucks. I'm in queue on two computers and my phone and just totally stuck

edit: finallllyyyyyyy.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Hmmmm. . .

!!!

I can't afford to do anything about it now, unfortunately, what with having to save for a move in the near future.

But I'm thinking about it.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    They hit while I have zero dollars, fortunately a friend grabbed passes for me

• Options
    Oh yeah I’m going to this because of course I’m going to this.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I almost decided against it but since I live right outside Boston now it feels like I should go

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Hmmmm. . .

!!!

I can't afford to do anything about it now, unfortunately, what with having to save for a move in the near future.

But I'm thinking about it.

Just start spirit walking, you should get here just in time!

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Am I blind or is there not a whole weekend/event pass? Are there only single day passes?

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    There have only been single-day passes for West and East since 2016 and 2017, respectively.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Holy crap, I bought my Sat ticket at 5:25, I had no idea how close I was

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I have my fri/sat passes but I might end up just driving it this year. I wont be going with anyone and one nights hotel seems real expensive when I live maybe an hour from the venue

didn't wanna miss it a 3rd year in a row though

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    With South wrapped up, figured it was a good time to resurrect this thread. Thursday, Friday, and Sunday passes are still available!

Anyone else going?

• Options
    I already have a ticket for the Mariners' opening day, which is the 28th, and truthfully my recent move tapped me out financially. Not this year.

• Options
    I already have a ticket for the Mariners' opening day, which is the 28th, and truthfully my recent move tapped me out financially. Not this year.

boourns

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I've got Thursday Friday and Saturday passes. Let's hope for a terrifying unreasonably warm end of March

• Options
    Schedule’s up for all 4 of us who care!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I am not going so there is no point anyone else going either (sorry)

• Options
    Awwww :(

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Storytime with Arin Hanson is the first one in a while I'm interested to hear. Hopefully they'll still archive the Main Theater streams.

• Options
    Starting sink in how long this flight is going to be. Turns out Boston is pretty far away if you're on the west coast.

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Starting sink in how long this flight is going to be. Turns out Boston is pretty far away if you're on the west coast.

Longer to go from Boston to Cali than from Boston to Germany.

• Options
    Also I'm so settled onto the hype train that work is a useless formality today.

• Options
    I just landed in Boston and I’m heading over to my hotel now.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    About a month ago I scheduled some training for work and it’s being held in Boston...starting Tuesday the 2nd.

I was/am super bummed that I’m going to miss Pax by just a couple days. :sad:

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Couldn't justify it this year since the wife and I just got back from Vegas. I was telling my son how bad I felt that we couldn't go but that we have a bunch of busy weekends coming up so a weekend home would probably be a good thing. He informed me PAX is home.

I almost broke out the credit card for Thursday badges and train tickets on the spot!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    so I bought thursday and friday tickets to this, then decided not to go since I could use the hotel money for other stuff
    So I tried to sell my tickets on eBay a couple weeks back. One dude and I made a deal, he never paid me, never responded, I opened a complaint against him, but technically because he's "purchased" them I can't resell them until the complaint is closed in 4 days so I'm stuck with these fucking tickets and won't get anything for them

So anyway I might drive down to Boston on Friday to go for just one day lmao

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Hehehe, if you were near me I'd be tempted to make you an offer on those Thursday passes. So please tell me you're not in Maine :biggrin:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    We maintained the tradition.

FrSOJtq.jpg

From top left
    @asimperson @The Otaku Suppository @DrZiplock @rhylith @Naphtali

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I am completely exhausted and my flight is still about an hour away from home.

Nonetheless my first PAX East was fantastic. I've been to every West since 2007 and every South ever. I spent Thursday wandering around just amazed at the sheer size of that space in the BCEC.

I mostly want to thank @rhylith for splitting a room with me, a process that definitely has a high chance of me stumbling into the room at 3:00 am, and also @Naphtali for hanging out all weekend.

I don't know that East is going to be a regular event for me. (Boston to San Francisco is one of the longest domestic flights in the Continental US.) But I'm pretty sure I'll be back at some point.

In the meantime, I'll be at West and (just maybe) AUS.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    Now that I've had a day to rest and re-cooperate (nothing like fighting off the remnants of a cold all weekend), I just wanted to add what a pleasure it was to hang out with everyone this weekend. Twas a smaller PAX forumer wise than in past years but was still a great time all the same.