As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    wait, so what should I try to "finish" from season 5 before it goes away?

Or is that not really how it works anymore?

The only thing that's going away from Season 5 should be the eververse stuff.

At least, as far as I know.

Do you have the Annual Pass?

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    wait, so what should I try to "finish" from season 5 before it goes away?

Or is that not really how it works anymore?

The only thing that's going away from Season 5 should be the eververse stuff.

At least, as far as I know.

Do you have the Annual Pass?

Seasonal triumphs will also become unattainable. These are:

Crucible > Lifetime > Combat Record > Season 5: Combat > Defeat [250] opponents in any Crucible playlist during Season 5.
    Crucible > Lifetime > Combat Record > Season 5: Challenges > Complete [7] Crucible weekly challenges in Season 5.
    Crucible > Lifetime > Glory Ranks > Season 5: Legendary Victory > Win [50] Glory-ranked matches while at rank "Legend" during Season 5.
    Crucible > Lifetime > Glory Ranks > Season 5: Glory Streak > Earn a Glory [3] win streak in Season 5.
    Crucible > Lifetime > Iron Banner > Season 5: Iron Banner > Earn [15] Iron Banner packages in Season 5.
    Crucible > Lifetime > Iron Banner > Season 5: Iron Fellowship > Collect the Iron Fellowship armor set. With the full set equipped, complete [5] Iron Banner matches and defeat [30] opponents during Season 5.
    Crucible > Lifetime > Valor Ranks > Season 5: Valor Legend > During Season 5, reach Valor rank "Legend" and reset your Valor rank.
    Gambit > Lifetime > Career > Everything in Its Right Place > In Season 5, defeat [150] enemies with precision damage and bank [250] Motes.
    Gambit > Lifetime > Rank > Forged in the Dark > In Season 5, complete [3] weekly Drifter bounties and earn [3] Infamy ranks.
    Vanguard > Strikes > General > Season 5: Vanguard > Increase your Vanguard rank [10 times] in Season 5.
    Vanguard > Strikes > Nightfall > Season 5: Nightfall > Complete [25] Nightfall strikes in Season 5.

Red are already unavailable because Iron Banner is over for the season.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I don't really get why people are comparing Reckoning to the infinite forest

the vidoc makes it sound more like a timed raid/dungeon experience

My reference to the Infinite Forest is perhaps more appropriately the Haunted Forest iteration, which was a timed "mob-rush" activity with bounties and activity-specific loot. The brief visuals shown and the vague description made me think that they were inspired by the positive reception of the Whisper missions and the Haunted Forest, which would lead to this sort of high octane weekly activity that may primarily appeal to the speedrunners amongst us.

The environment displayed didn't evoke the sort of bespoke "lore-filled" construction of Shattered Throne or the Whisper of the Worm mission, but maybe it is. Regardless, I really don't think it'll be anything like a raid, expect in the loosest sense of "oh, this reminds me of running through the Crota Maze."

• El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Are the pinnacle Gambit and Vanguard weapons sticking around once the new season starts?

I've been putting off the gambit weapon and will run the 17 matches of Gambit this weekend if I must, but would otherwise prefer to procrastinate further.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Are the pinnacle Gambit and Vanguard weapons sticking around once the new season starts?

I've been putting off the gambit weapon and will run the 17 matches of Gambit this weekend if I must, but would otherwise prefer to procrastinate further.

Pinnacle Weapon quests never expire

vq2TEKC.png
    El Mucho wrote: »

I can't imagine the quest will disappear at least. Not sure if you will still be able to get the quest if you don't already have it.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    This is pretty cool/silly. The "phase one" encounter of Scourge of the Past can be completed solo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLP82JEwNm8

But how do you kill the large servitor when you're inside the ring? Skyburner's Oath hip fire.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Many more details in the TWAB, including this little thing.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47660
    Rocket Launchers
    PvE damage increased by 60–65% (Exotic Rocket Launchers have had their damage tuned separately)
    Cluster Bomb: Damage reduced by ~80%

You don’t say.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Elki wrote: »
    Many more details in the TWAB, including this little thing.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47660
    Rocket Launchers
    PvE damage increased by 60–65% (Exotic Rocket Launchers have had their damage tuned separately)
    Cluster Bomb: Damage reduced by ~80%

You don’t say.

rip Cluster Bombs. Also, that Pinnacle SMG is in fact Energy. Womp Womp.

vq2TEKC.png
    I wonder what the most common LFG cheese will be after the changes. I’m guessing Thunderlord.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I wonder what the most common LFG cheese will be after the changes. I’m guessing Thunderlord.

Thunderlord or the new pinnacle Gambit machine gun. Everyone clear the room with it using a warlock rift to refill the gun, saving big rift for actually shooting the boss, maybe?

edited March 2019

I'm guessing it will be this neat little cheese that NATBurn found:

- Send three people to each side
    - Whatever team gets Riven on their side should stun her by shooting her mouth or tentacles as the case may be
    - Meanwhile the other team should kill the Eye of Riven that will have spawn and exploit the ball that drops to create an elevator
    - Careful though as Riven will show up! Exploit your guns to shoot her eyes as dictated by the other team
    - Repeat this process, swapping teams
    - BOOM, DPS PHASE

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'ma still gonna want to get a Legit Riven in at least once, so them removing the cheese means I'll have more opportunity to LFG that once the patch drops. Whee!

Also the SMG being Energy means I can't pair it with Tyranny of Heaven which makes me sad. I guess I can run Redrix / Recluse just for the shenanigans.

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    "Some titles require the completion of Destination Badges, which are dependent on earning every piece of gear from various destinations or vendors. We have been collecting feedback and are currently working on a change to drop weights associated with vanity items from the Dreaming City and Last Wish raid. Additionally, we are looking at BrayTech weapon schematics, and One Thousand Voices. We will provide additional information closer to the release of these changes."

Might actually be worth chasing some of these now.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
    edited March 2019
    We basically always did legit Riven anyway unless someone was a whinger about it (pretty infrequent) and frankly, legit Riven is just as fast most of the time so it all seems fine to me.

shryke on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    "Some titles require the completion of Destination Badges, which are dependent on earning every piece of gear from various destinations or vendors. We have been collecting feedback and are currently working on a change to drop weights associated with vanity items from the Dreaming City and Last Wish raid. Additionally, we are looking at BrayTech weapon schematics, and One Thousand Voices. We will provide additional information closer to the release of these changes."

It’s been 5 months since the titles have been available: stop fucking looking and take out the requirements for the destination collections. Make a specially “Collector” title for all of them if you have to.

Note: this isn’t directed at you skykynt, I just can’t believe bungie is still debating this. The grind for these things literally kills people’s desire for the game after a certain point. Wayfarer is the only somewhat reasonable one, because at least it’s possible to get a guaranteed pull of a slots once per day for the braytech schematics. You grind out the drop, and then you can stop. The rest are basically hell.

ronzo wrote: »

It’s been 5 months since the titles have been available: stop fucking looking and take out the requirements for the destination collections. Make a specially “Collector” title for all of them if you have to.

Note: this isn’t directed at you skykynt, I just can’t believe bungie is still debating this. The grind for these things literally kills people’s desire for the game after a certain point. Wayfarer is the only somewhat reasonable one, because at least it’s possible to get a guaranteed pull of a slots once per day for the braytech schematics. You grind out the drop, and then you can stop. The rest are basically hell.

In my experience it's not the Braytech schematic stuff that's holding people back from Wayfarer, it's the nightfall rocket launcher.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    hey, removing the prismatic matrix again completely sucks ass

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    hey, removing the prismatic matrix again completely sucks ass

Hey guys, next season we're adding a lot more to the cash only part of the shop and deleting one earned drop you would get each week also. So suck it.

What a promising sign of newly freed Bungie.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    0XrL4aC.jpg

Screw it, I'd pay for this armor.

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular

I absolutely agree - a friend of mine is now on 76 or so clears of Last Wish and doesn't have everything? It's pretty egregious.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

In my experience it's not the Braytech schematic stuff that's holding people back from Wayfarer, it's the nightfall rocket launcher.

For me, it was the NF rocket launcher and a bunch of the bray armor because I fell out of the weekly cycle for armor parts due to not playing it during the release of that DLC, had to dig through reddit to find out hte drop schedule, and then it was just meh. EP over and over again after the fact for stuff that was literally useless outside for hte badge and eh.

Oh, and that armor looks nice, too bad it came now.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    snip

it took them this long to put roman numerals on titan armor?!?!?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Matrix's became worthless very quickly if you played a lot, so I can understand looking for a better solution.

Removing a means to more directly get specific items through gameplay, and replacing it with a cash-only option isn't a better solution.

In fact, it isn't a solution at all! It is just straight up reversing course and returning to pure RNG (or sheer numbers if you play a lot if knockout still works in this new season) or cash.

However, that isn't even what really frustrated me. It was framing it as a better solution for players. Horseshit. And they're not stupid enough to believe that is true; so why do they seem to think we're stupid enough to believe it? The flack they would have gotten for just outright saying they needed to increase eververse revenue so they're removing the matrix option entirely, would probably be less angry than the blatant and utterly pointless lie.

Adding an exclusive cash-only thing every week is just using piss to wash off the dump they just took on players.

Bleh. I hate when something like this overshadows the rest of the stuff in TW@B or new content.

Then again, all the stuff in the vidoc didn't quite grab me. It was just too much of a gamemode I've come to despise, and by their own words, just sweatier; which sounds like the least appealing thing I can think of for them to add to the game. Who knows, though; maybe it'll be different enough to make it more enjoyable.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    0XrL4aC.jpg

Really?

It looks like blue armor from Destiny 1.

In fact, I think it is blue armor from Destiny 1.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Matrix's became worthless very quickly if you played a lot, so I can understand looking for a better solution.

Removing a means to more directly get specific items through gameplay, and replacing it with a cash-only option isn't a better solution.

In fact, it isn't a solution at all! It is just straight up reversing course and returning to pure RNG (or sheer numbers if you play a lot if knockout still works in this new season) or cash.

However, that isn't even what really frustrated me. It was framing it as a better solution for players. Horseshit. And they're not stupid enough to believe that is true; so why do they seem to think we're stupid enough to believe it? The flack they would have gotten for just outright saying they needed to increase eververse revenue so they're removing the matrix option entirely, would probably be less angry than the blatant and utterly pointless lie.

Adding an exclusive cash-only thing every week is just using piss to wash off the dump they just took on players.

Bleh. I hate when something like this overshadows the rest of the stuff in TW@B or new content.

Then again, all the stuff in the vidoc didn't quite grab me. It was just too much of a gamemode I've come to despise, and by their own words, just sweatier; which sounds like the least appealing thing I can think of for them to add to the game. Who knows, though; maybe it'll be different enough to make it more enjoyable.

Quickly useless? Big disagree. I was able to get a new item every week of this previous season. This is because they add like 20+ new purple ghost shells/sparrows/and space ships for every cool piece of kit that's out there.

I actually prefer Ghost Projections to purple Ghosts and spaceships most the time...

Quickly useless? Big disagree. I was able to get a new item every week of this previous season. This is because they add like 20+ new purple ghost shells/sparrows/and space ships for every cool piece of kit that's out there.

I actually prefer Ghost Projections to purple Ghosts and spaceships most the time...

The Prismatic Matrix became useless pretty fast in my experience. Within maybe a month or so. It's a decent idea but a flawed system imo. For like 2-3 weeks you are only able to get like 1 random item out of the like 8 you don't have yet. And then another 2-3 weeks where you are now grabbing the 1 or 2 items that are the only ones you don't have yet. And then the rest of the season there's almost never anything you can get from the thing.

I like the general premise but it needs a better curve imo.

The new system, because it uses silver, sounds like garbage.

Supremacy with might almost beat out Crimson doubles for mode that is way better with a team. In solo it’s a miserable and demoralizing experience, and with a decent team you can rack up wins like you’re playing against bots.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    People have said in the past "we want direct buy with no RNG, do that and we'll happily spend money to buy what we want" and so Bungie's calling their bluff. I bet those people were lying though, so this experiment likely won't end well.

Opty wrote: »
    People have said in the past "we want direct buy with no RNG, do that and we'll happily spend money to buy what we want" and so Bungie's calling their bluff. I bet those people were lying though, so this experiment likely won't end well.

"Bundle" isn't letting people buy what they want. It's putting what they want with other useless crap they don't so they can jack up the price. Unless these bundles cost the same as an extra Matrix pull (200 silver), it's bull

vq2TEKC.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    0XrL4aC.jpg

Really?

It looks like blue armor from Destiny 1.

In fact, I think it is blue armor from Destiny 1.

To be fair, a lot of blue armor looks cool and we don't get to really use it since it's inferior

I'm digging the Queen-ized Hunter stuff

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Are these new armor designs? If so they are pretty boring. I don't like the warlock's at all.

I'm a sucker for sweet-looking coats. That coat is not sweet.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Looks like a generic blue set. Honestly i feel like those looks are already in game with different colours.

Narrative Preview: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47654

Fuckin' Drifter, man

Crippl3 wrote: »
    Narrative Preview: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47654

Fuckin' Drifter, man

Don't forget this one:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47651

and this one:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47652

Make sure to read them in that order.

For the tl;dr
    The Vanguard makes yet another impressively stupid decision. They push to let The Drifter stay on a more permanent basis because Gambit doesn't seem to be causing any harm (no final deaths in there) and presumably because the gear the Drifter is offering and the training should be useful to The City's Guardians in the same way that the Crucible can be. However, the Praxic Order notes that "no one has died yet" is extremely short-sided thinking and that Guardians are starting to call themselves "Dredgen" as a badge of honor, which is disturbing to say the least... They suggest it's time to kill the Drifter once and for all.

But they're a little late. The Drifter contracts with some Guardians (notably a Titan called Joxer) to test Gambit Prime. The new Primeval kills 3 of the four testing Guardians permanently.

I really like the lore references to the Dredgen title and the process for forging Malfeasance. More like this please!

And if you've never read these short story updates, here's one from the Warmind era:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46779
    and one from just before Forsaken
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47166

You didn’t ask for it, but here it is.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    geth kick @Elki from the thread

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I dunno, Beardless Drifter isn’t that bad.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    edited March 2019
    I think he looks more obviously asian without the beard. Makes his features stand out better or something? I don't know.

I just love everything about The Drifter as a character. Great design, great voice acting, interesting story.

shryke on
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Hooboy am I glad the crucible pinnacle weapon next season is an SMG. Makes me want it less.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."