As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All I want for Secret Shamblers is blood [SE++ WoW]

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    There are people intentionally running high keys to fail them to raise their IO score, though. Not because it's fun, or because the loot is better, but because they want to inflate a score that has absolutely no relevance on anything at all in or outside of the game.

It has relevance to getting into a pug m+ in a decent timeline as a dps. That is to say applying and getting into one in 1 - 3 groups applied into vs getting into one after applying to dozens of groups that reject or time out before getting into one.

steam_sig.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    There are people intentionally running high keys to fail them to raise their IO score, though. Not because it's fun, or because the loot is better, but because they want to inflate a score that has absolutely no relevance on anything at all in or outside of the game.

It has relevance to getting into a pug m+ in a decent timeline as a dps. That is to say applying and getting into one in 1 - 3 groups applied into vs getting into one after applying to dozens of groups that reject or time out before getting into one.

I am not sure that happens to people who are at the level these people are. This isn't people at 1000 or even 1300, it's people who are just waving their rio score around like a dick, it seems.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    For the sake of numbers -- the highest-value out-of-time +23 key was this run by Safenko, which was worth 302.4 score. This is less RIO score than the lowest-valued in-time +22 key, which was this run also by Safenko and worth 314 score (and the instance doesn't influence RIO score, it's all percentage-of-time based. there's a timed freehold within 0.1 score of that run).

Scuffing keys is heavily punished in the RIO scoring algorithm, it's not a thing.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    zeny what's up did you betray us again

I didn't betray anybody. Im just really into RP and i've decided to abstain from the war in order to not help sylv-

pffffffft.

No i've actually just not given much of a shit about WoW for a while. I had a lot of real-life stuff piling up and then also I started to play a lot more other games and went "hey do I really care about resubbing? ... nope!"

I do this a lot, that is take hiatuses from mmo's and then stumble back in months later. I get super burnt out otherwise.

So "yes I betrayed you" then? Cool

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

I didn't betray anybody. Im just really into RP and i've decided to abstain from the war in order to not help sylv-

pffffffft.

No i've actually just not given much of a shit about WoW for a while. I had a lot of real-life stuff piling up and then also I started to play a lot more other games and went "hey do I really care about resubbing? ... nope!"

I do this a lot, that is take hiatuses from mmo's and then stumble back in months later. I get super burnt out otherwise.

A betrayal would suggest I was on your side in the first place. When have I ever been on your side in anything zekkan.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

pffffffft.

A betrayal would suggest I was on your side in the first place. When have I ever been on your side in anything zekkan.

Same question!

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular

pffffffft.

hah-you-better-have-burn-heal-29638267.png

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Yay

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I was expecting this to happen in like April, so I'm very happy this is happening so "soon."

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I need to take this urn of warchief ashes to rest in the place I guess

I still need to get exalted with Zandalar Empire, so I guess I'm trolling every ZE world quest I can find for the next 12 days.

Zay wrote: »

brawlers guild march 12th?

Welp. I know when im resubbing.

New raid? I sleep
    Brawlers guild? Real shit.

New raid is good though come raid with us

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Oh shit yeah new raiding with leashes this patch rules

7yh4xczljsym.png
    ok so if I understand conquest rewards right THIS week is a shield OR a back BUT I can hold my conquest to next week if I want to wait because those rewards are useless?? right?? and the way you see this is find the blog post and count forward weeks?

T4CT wrote: »
    ok so if I understand conquest rewards right THIS week is a shield OR a back BUT I can hold my conquest to next week if I want to wait because those rewards are useless?? right?? and the way you see this is find the blog post and count forward weeks?

Unless they've changed a thing, failing to get the conquest reward for this week will mean you'll still have it as your reward next week. It just builds and builds and builds a backlog of rewards you need to earn.

• OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    Dumb question, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere: Do you need to be exalted with Zandalari and have completed the War campaign on the same character?

Also, I may not make the raid tonight due to work. I might be able to show up for the first hour or so, still not sure.

PSN: TitusPullo13
    I believe you just need the Zandalari exalted achievement. At least that seems to be reddit's assessment.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    They've also said that you need to complete the war campaign up to a certain point.

On the same character as the exalted rep? Not sure, but I'd expect that to be the case.

Rep isn't account-wide, so having two parts of the checklist done across different characters does not seem like it would work.

edited February 2019
    To play it safe I'd work with whichever character is closest or has already achieved Exalted status and do the war campaign quests with that toon. It'd take you maybe 2 hours, tops, to bang those out.

Thawmus on

Unless they've changed a thing, failing to get the conquest reward for this week will mean you'll still have it as your reward next week. It just builds and builds and builds a backlog of rewards you need to earn.

so basically I should just turn this thing in asap

What time should I be on tonight if I want to join your raid? 7:30, 8? I'm on Central.

edited March 2019
    Nominal raid start is at 8 central. People start prepping and assembling 5-10 minutes before then.

Raid talents, raid azerite, bonus rolls, personal food, etc

Tynnan on
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular

it doesn't matter, if you hit the conquest cap for a week and you're caught up with the rewards, you won't start getting progress until next week until... next week

unless you're behind, in which case you just keep rolling through all the rewards until you've caught up

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Zay wrote: »

it doesn't matter, if you hit the conquest cap for a week and you're caught up with the rewards, you won't start getting progress until next week until... next week

unless you're behind, in which case you just keep rolling through all the rewards until you've caught up

yeah I don't have a single one turned in all season

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Oh yeah you can keep earning the conq rewards up till this week then, you can also leave it at 495 afer getting a chest then get 5 after the reset for the next weeks chest

icGJy2C.png
  • dainersdainers Registered User regular
    Good luck tonight on those color call outs! Working late and won't be around.

- sav, saavy, dainers
    I will likely be a few minutes late. I also still need to buy more strength pots

Hmm, I may have to just wait until I have a toon on Cho'gall. I don't like bugging random people, begging for an invite to a raid for a guild I'm not in (yet) . I'm too shy for that, apparently. Just sat here hoping for one, but I know I need to just ask for one, but can't manage to do it. Weird. Brains are fucking weird.

@thawmus add me on bnet Spinnaker#1133

You mighta lost permissions for your firewall on a full reinstall I dunno

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7842

this is for win 10

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000197796

icGJy2C.png
    edited March 2019
    I've narrowed it down to ElvUI. If I have it enabled when I start the client, voice chat server unavailable. If I start up the client with ElvUI disabled, everything works fine. I can even enable ElvUI and reload the UI afterward, and voice chat will still function. But if I restart the client with ElvUI still enabled, voice chat server unavailable.

What the fuck would ElvUI have to do with any of that?? Jesus, all I ask it to do is make my screen pretty.

Looks like it's been reported on the ElvUI forums so I'm not alone.

Thawmus on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yay progression
    sorry about your voice chat thawmus, hopefully you'll finally get to raid with us next tuesday.

BahamutZERO.gif
    shout out to all my paladin cooldown coaches

yay progression
    sorry about your voice chat thawmus, hopefully you'll finally get to raid with us next tuesday.

Its alright. Seems disabling Elvui during login, and re-enabling it post-login gets around the issue so I at least have a path forward.

edited March 2019
    GNOME DAMAGE

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yKm6cjhWX9kTJVtg/

(I suck ass at gnome boss holy moly, I blame having to root but really no I suck)

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited March 2019

I forgot to ask zau before he left the m+ but is that stupid paladin ret sheild that absorbs then explodes damage pve or a pvp talent?

I only ask cause I think I saw it during the raid and thought to my self "damn that is a sweet button if its pve as well"

and its not divine sheild, I dunno what it is but it owned me alot until I stopped hitting ret paladins with it on

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular

I forgot to ask zau before he left the m+ but is that stupid paladin ret sheild that absorbs then explodes damage pve or a pvp talent?

I only ask cause I think I saw it during the raid and thought to my self "damn that is a sweet button if its pve as well"

and its not divine sheild, I dunno what it is but it owned me alot until I stopped hitting ret paladins with it on

Shield of Vengeance, baseline ret spell. It's real good!

its also stupid in that its a dps increase if you deliberately stand in poop and bomb the boss on cooldown but also its a good defensive

7yh4xczljsym.png
This discussion has been closed.