As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Oooh!!
    e16p5dyv6mod.jpg

Looks like I have after-dinner plans this evening!

Assuming that this trend follows for "release" I can plan on taking Wednesday 13 March off from work.

EDIT: spoilered for hugeness

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Huh...and that lands on Brothers Gaming Day. Wonder if I can talk my brother into downloading that.

EDIT - oh, wait...shit. Just noticed the starting time (saw the preloading time and got excited). Considering my bro is EST, I seriously doubt he's going to want to be awake and playing at 4am.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Oooh!!
    e16p5dyv6mod.jpg

Looks like I have after-dinner plans this evening!

Assuming that this trend follows for "release" I can plan on taking Wednesday 13 March off from work.

EDIT: spoilered for hugeness

Left my PC on all night pre loading this. Can't wait.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Wait is this a preorder thing or completely open?

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »

Open. Preload on uplay

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    To my knowledge this is a completely open, free for all beta "trial" weekend. You should be able to play up to level 8 (out of 30), three of the dozen or so story missions, and one "end game" adventure/mission with a premade level 30 character.

26904.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'll give this a look this weekend. I've been wanting a new PVE cooperative shooter lately. I never played Division 1 so I don't really know what to expect here.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Aumni wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »

Open. Preload on uplay

Preload is also live on Xbone.

Between the new Beta and the actual game files, I currently have 90GBs worth of Division 2 on my XBX's hard drive.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I played division 1 at launch and enjoyed it for a week and then was pretty much done with it, but I hear it improved over time. I'm gonna try this beta out and see how that goes.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I'm hanging out in the PA Discord if anyone wants to join up

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I played division 1 at launch and enjoyed it for a week and then was pretty much done with it, but I hear it improved over time. I'm gonna try this beta out and see how that goes.

Yeah, the game is very different from what it was at launch. TD2 is an even more noticeable change.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Still on the fence if I'm gonna get D2 so I'm gonna try the beta over the weekend and see how I like it.

• Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Tried it. Liked it. Will get a copy on launch.
    Was tbh really fun to play the three missions and some open world stuff in a group with friends.

Lind on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I'm finding the chem launcher a little clunky (only tried the fire version so far), but the airburst seeker seems more responsive compared to a couple of weeks ago. Also confirmed that I really like the new rifle category, I enjoyed them in the previous beta, but I really like the flexibility after playing more today.

Finding a lot more clothes this time as well, got 2 new shirts, some capri pants, a new pair of boots and some shades, all by level 5.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Got the beta started on PC

Just kind of janky? Dumps you in game with no context, there's a sewer marked, you're just supposed to run up to the white house?

Couple crashes, I'll have to see about disabling DX12

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

Just kind of janky? Dumps you in game with no context, there's a sewer marked, you're just supposed to run up to the white house?

It's basically a benchmarker/demo. Plays exactly like the first one and most other FPS's so I don't think they really need a overblown tutorial for this one.

Performance wise I'm getting OK frames with some stuttering and occasional dips. . .nothing too crazy.

Will likely get the game at launch as this is the looter-shootering of the first with some pretty decent improvements I've heard (redesigned DZ for one thank fuck, shit was a nightmare at launch).

. . .also playing this you kind of see why Anthem is just a bit. . .OK.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    man, the Anthem/The Division 2 comparisons are probably going to drive me insane.

didn't have to download the entire beta a second time, made me happy.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

I get a lot of crashing and other issues in DX12 as well. Though apparently it's because I have a nVidia card and I've read DX12 is primarily a performance thing that helps out ATI cards. Everyone has said just leave it in DX11 with a nVidia, so that's what I do now.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    I am thoroughly disappointed that you cannot shoot people in the head with that foaming sticky grenade... which seems to otherwise be a joke. Maybe it gets better with mods and more skill power? Hopefully...

Will Siphon Filter forever be the only game that allowed you to use non-lethal weapons lethally?

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, that was the first skill I unlocked, and was really disappointed when it glued someone to the ground for about 2 seconds. Compared to other skills like firebombing an area or constantly replenishing your armour, the adhesive foam just feels useless. Needs a much longer duration.

I don't really care about making it lethal, but it's entire point of incapacitating a target while you deal with others is entirely undermined by the ridiculously short duration.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I'm finding the chem launcher a little clunky (only tried the fire version so far), but the airburst seeker seems more responsive compared to a couple of weeks ago. Also confirmed that I really like the new rifle category, I enjoyed them in the previous beta, but I really like the flexibility after playing more today.

Finding a lot more clothes this time as well, got 2 new shirts, some capri pants, a new pair of boots and some shades, all by level 5.

Heh, I had the opposite experience... No clothing when I ran through up to level 8 today, last go around I had boots, jeans and some sweet sunglasses.

I wish the weapon screens had a little more detail. Like a theoretical DPS value to compare with, and notification if a gun is semi, burst or full auto.

I have had about as many friendly fire incidents with the chem launcher as I've had amazing "blow up the whole room full of enemies" moments. The seeker mine is still hard to control and doesn't do much damage for how long the cooldown is. The first aid version of it may be useful to heal squaddies later on though. Assault turret and healer drone continue to be top tier for sure.

I wonder if the shittiness of the SHD tech is just because we don't have a lot of skill power or anything really invested in it yet? I could see sticky gunning a boss or elite for 5-7 seconds could be useful if you can get behind them and pour some fire into a weak point.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Man this game still has issues with my CPU. Hits 100% usage fairly quick and the heat just climbs and climbs. First game used a lot but this is a bit ridiculous.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Has anybody picked up a 3/4 sleeve top (normal or performance) without a t-shirt over it, or a full sleeve performance top w/o a t-shirt?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Will likely get the game at launch as this is the looter-shootering of the first with some pretty decent improvements
    oh, you mean a Shlooter?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    anyone else having major sound issues on xbox? I'll often have my gunshots, enemy gunshots, or even all sounds just stop. Just now I lost all sound for about 20 minutes. This lasts until I close the game. Took a few clips:
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cooldrew100/video/70371711
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cooldrew100/video/70371712
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cooldrew100/video/70371713

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Per the beta notes, the sound bugs haven't been 100% fixed in this build, but should be at release.
    Audio

FIXED – Fixed an issue where the player would lose all sound except ambient sounds after having been idle for five minutes.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where players would lose sound for 10 seconds while in a party if they switched to their secondary weapon and started to shoot.
    IMPROVED – Improved an issue where the game would lose sound during normal gameplay. The final fix is planned for launch.
    IMPROVED – Improved an issue where the guns would no longer make sounds.

Notes

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Per the beta notes, the sound bugs haven't been 100% fixed in this build, but should be at release.
    Audio

FIXED – Fixed an issue where the player would lose all sound except ambient sounds after having been idle for five minutes.
    FIXED – Fixed an issue where players would lose sound for 10 seconds while in a party if they switched to their secondary weapon and started to shoot.
    IMPROVED – Improved an issue where the game would lose sound during normal gameplay. The final fix is planned for launch.
    IMPROVED – Improved an issue where the guns would no longer make sounds.

Notes

Huh, pretty similar to an issue Wolfenstein The New Order had at launch. It also needed a hotfix in the first week.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Got 4 Delta-3 Crashes within 10 minutes. Guess they don't want me playing this tonight.

Got maybe 2 crashes in all of the Private Beta?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    I had a ton of delta-03 crashes last night in a certain mission but they where totally gone this morning. Same thing as in the private beta only then it was Delta-01 so I guess levelled up. There are also still some problems with Nvidia cards and Dx12 apparently.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Yeah, that was the first skill I unlocked, and was really disappointed when it glued someone to the ground for about 2 seconds. Compared to other skills like firebombing an area or constantly replenishing your armour, the adhesive foam just feels useless. Needs a much longer duration.

I don't really care about making it lethal, but it's entire point of incapacitating a target while you deal with others is entirely undermined by the ridiculously short duration.

Yeah, I tried the adhesive foam launcher during the technical beta and man was it useless. Not only did break almost instantly, the range of effect is tiny compared to pretty much any other skill or grenade. It should be a useful tool to stop melee dudes from closing in or to pin down a boss, but even when you do manage to land a hit with it, it's gone before you can even start shooting.

Fingers crossed it becomes more useful with mods or whatnot.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Is there any way to track whether the various cosmetic doodads from the beta have been unlocked on your account? I feel like I did all of the things during the closed beta, but I can't seem to verify any record of it anywhere.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    First time playing a Division game and the sentry gun seems...very good. Maybe just a function of early game enemies being pushovers but all I need to do is toss the lil guy into a room and go get a beverage while he paints the walls with their blood.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I never uninstalled the beta from private so I jumped back on last night and did some missions again. I am impatient for the release and I really like the increase in citizen patrols and helping settlements versus the lone desperation of div1.

But

Give 👏 me 👏 Pulse 👏

desc on
  • Options
    I can't imagine pulse not being the same as it was before... I think shield would be a better skill from before to preview in D2. :P

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am playing this open beta on PC. I am having a fun time just running about by myself searching buildings for stuff.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Chem launcher seems alright, setting people on fire is always fun.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Chem launcher seems alright, setting people on fire is always fun.

Sounds like it's a more direct version of the airbursting BB8.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    The chem launcher is still a bit too clunky, especially since it can make you stand up in cover while the reload animation plays. But it is great for pre-firing doors you know reinforcements are going to come through or when you need to force enemies out of cover if you get one of those mexican standoffs.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Honestly a lot of the demo skills feel super underwhelming. Almost to the point of "why are you letting us see these?"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The only skill I’ve felt was underwhelming was the adhesive launcher. Sentry Gun and Seeker are essentially the same as the first game but with neater manual controls and the drone, at least the Replenisher version, it’s stupid good at keeping things alive.